• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liz Wheeler: Men who play video games are 'least attractive to women'

Are you attractive?

• I have a girlfriend now.

Votes: 80 16.3%
  • I'm married.

Votes: 304 62.0%
  • No, she's right.

Votes: 60 12.2%
  • I'm the person that doesn't bath before a video game conference.

Votes: 46 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been playing videos games since I was like 7 years old. Before I meet my wife I got out of a 9 year relationship and was new to the dating scene. It was so easy to get women I almost didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. I had like 5 different women I was sleeping with and that was with minimal effort put in. I did get the clap though so that wasn't fun and telling my cousin (my doctor) that I had no idea who gave it to me because I slept with three different women that week was embarrassing. Medicine cleaned it up quickly though.

Quickly meet my wife after that though because while sleeping with a lot of women is really fun I got kind of lonely after like 2 years of doing that.

Last edited:

El Muerto

Gold Member
My wife doesnt mind i play games. She liked watching me play the Yakuza games, mainly because of Majima lol. Also enjoys helping me make decisions in games where choices matter. I think you make video games your whole entire personality it's a turn off. You're a man, gotta do man shit in front of women. Get all sweaty and greasy working on a motor, hammer a nail in one shot, etc.

Filben

Tja. You can't be attractive all the time because some couldn't handle that :messenger_sunglasses: . But maaaybe men don't play because it's attractive but because it's... fun? This and other hobbies aren't mutual exclusive, too.

Also, my wife and I love board games, play them several times a week and love playing Stardew Valley or Super Mario together. It can't be THAT unattractive and even if so it seems to be outweight by other qualities.

I could come up with half a dozen hobbies women tend to do and would be a red flag for me. Good thing it doesn't matter and I don't post shit on Twitter.

reezoo

My wife of 9 years has even said if she could change one thing about me it’s my passion for games.

I never hid it from her though, and it is what it is. She on the other hand barely has a hobby? She reads if that counts but so do I.

Like I get it. Gaming doesn’t make sense to most women and they’ve been engrossed to think it’s bad.
will she say the same thing if you were into reading books? most of the games (narrative) are now like interactive books. My wife knows the full story fo God of War, Metal Gear, Elden Ring, Resident Evil etc.

Mr Moose

Taxidermy was that low?!

surprise wtf GIF
"Aw yes, stuff this beaver" or something.

reezoo

I don’t know why there’s always been an attack on video games specifically.

“Aren’t you too old to be playing games”… Bitch aren’t you too old to be watching Friends on repeat for the 20th time, you’re 50 and you’re still relating to a group of people in their 20s yet somehow that’s OK but this is bad.
I think some people still think gaming is still 'super mario brothers' or 'sonic'. Even I wouldn't like me if I was playing those in my 40s.

I think some people still think gaming is still 'super mario brothers' or 'sonic'. Even I wouldn't like me if I was playing those in my 40s.
I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a more common type of game being played by people in their 40s tbh since it’s far more casual and most people like and have at some point played Mario games.

Mario, FIFA, COD.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Empowerment? Brave? Stunning?
That target audience clearly doesn't play video games. They're too busy being empowered, brave and stunning in convincing other people to create said games.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Been playing videos games since I was like 7 years old. Before I meet my wife I got out of a 9 year relationship and was new to the dating scene. It was so easy to get women I almost didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. I had like 5 different women I was sleeping with and that was with minimal effort put in. I did get the clap though so that wasn't fun and telling my cousin (my doctor) that I had no idea who gave it to me because I slept with three different women that week was embarrassing. Medicine cleaned it up quickly though.

Quickly meet my wife after that though because while sleeping with a lot of women is really fun I got kind of lonely after like 2 years of doing that.
Bro i guarantee u are easly in 5% of guys aka super rare exception, most of us gotta work hard to even get dates, not to mention sleeping with multiple women at the same time.

cormack12

Gold Member
Any excessive hobby is likely to be unattractive but the reality is she ain't talking about 90% of us here on gaf.

She's talking about ugly nerds who only play games obviously. But equally this sounds like some high school shit.

She probably plays bingo and has a yoga circle.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
will she say the same thing if you were into reading books? most of the games (narrative) are now like interactive books. My wife knows the full story fo God of War, Metal Gear, Elden Ring, Resident Evil etc.
My wife plays games now albeit infrequently. Fortnite, ff14 for a long while, dead by daylight, and a few others. She usually plays with my daughter.

I’ve tried to get her to play some games with me that she might be into but she passes.

She just prefers reading and that’s cool. I can fire up a tv show, she scratches my head while she reads.

Shodai

I've been asked this on dates and I just turn it around and say, "so what you are asking is do I have obsession issues that affect my relationships". It never crosses their mind that any obsession can be unhealthy, and attributing it to gaming is so short-sighted and vapid, that it tells me they don't think.

Usually shuts them up, and I done anyways by that point.

Last edited:
Picked the last option, bathing just washes away the musk that’s gonna attract your mate. Pheromones are very real look it up.
There are women out there that spend hundreds of dollars on used men's socks because of the pheromones in their sweat. Men who do physical labor for a living produce stronger pheromones. It's fucking weird lol.

My wife plays Overwatch 2 all the time and growing up played CoD zombies and left 4 dead. Now, she won't play video games for a 8 hours a day but she won't criticize me for playing games.

I remember when I played Persona Reloaded she thought it was stupid at first. But a week after I beat it she's looking up walkthroughs on it because she missed out on the story when I played it.

Last edited:

Js562

Playing video games is not a conversation starter and won't come up. If your talking with a female and you mention games maybe don't go on that date lol I've been with my girl for 8+ years but she's never tripping when I'm playing games in the living room. She understands I get my time off from work and the gym .

As for Liz Wheeler she just wants attention and clicks

Saber

Its ironic that some dumb bitches has this kind of thinking yet most of them make hard cases about women being in gaming space.
That type of commentary is a way to inferiorize men by trying to make them feel bad for something they are happy for. The reality is that men are discoving that some type of women do this out of despite and these men are more than happy just playing games and ignoring them, hence why the grumpy attitude.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Then why do woman gather round me while im repping Xbox clothes and gaming on handheld in public ? Normaly they try suck me off but it puts me off my game so have to ask them to stop.

NAh 36 though, girls dont realy give a fuck, my wife couldnt care less, i got my games and football, she knows I could be upto much worse.

Mojo1990

Just in case people aren't aware. This is fake. It's not real. No such survey was taken.

All women want is money. You can play for as long as you want your so long as you have money.

Money is the key to a woman's heart.

Been playing games my whole life, have never had an issue getting a gf, many played games too. Have no idea what’s she’s on about ?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Then why do woman gather round me while im repping Xbox clothes and gaming on handheld in public ? Normaly they try suck me off but it puts me off my game so have to ask them to stop.

NAh 36 though, girls dont realy give a fuck, my wife couldnt care less, i got my games and football, she knows I could be upto much worse.
Yup. My wife is totally ok with my games, watching football, hockey, UFC and AEW. She’s come with me to a few UFC and AEW events.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Any hobby practiced to an extreme degree can be off-putting.

When i was younger i had a couple of friends that were being left alone by their gf because they were playing soccer 7vs7 5-6 times a week and then watching the match at the stadium or in tv on sunday, and they barely had time for the chicks, you can bet your ass those chicks would have prefered a more present boyfriend that play some videogames over a soccer addicted who has no time for them.

Last edited:

Fess

There is physical attraction. Can be attracted to someone for their intellect and personality as well. But hobbies? Sounds like someone finding a person attractive because they have money. It’s not real person to person attraction. Not worth paying attention to any of that.

Bro i guarantee u are easly in 5% of guys aka super rare exception, most of us gotta work hard to even get dates, not to mention sleeping with multiple women at the same time.

Well that feels good to hear but hard to believe. Both of my cousins have easily slept with over 100 women. My numbers don't come close to that and I never want them to because that's gross.

SJRB

Gold Member
Women who think that are just upset they won’t get their partner’s undivided attention. It’s not the videogame, it’s the idea that a man can enjoy things on his own.

I’d go as far as saying that women who think this are wildly unpleasant to be with and not marriage material.

Audiophile

People who try to dictate the separate hobbies of their partner are always insecure. They usually want you doing one of two things, spending time with them or doing something that amounts to a second job.

If you're meeting your responsibilities, taking care of yourself, working towards something in some respect, spending time [that you genuinely want to spend] with them and then want to unwind with something like videogames in your spare time, then there's literally no reason why someone should have a problem with that. Anything else is just an arbitrary limitation from an unreasonable person who can't put their feelings aside.

There's also the "you must always be doing something productive mindset" which plays into this; it's basic, zero-sum, either-or thinking. People can do productive things and also do unproductive things at other times; in fact, I'd argue if it is something that is fundamentally enjoyable for the thing itself while being in moderation, then that is good for you and "unproductive" is a bit of a misnomer.

I don't think I know of any guys who are inclined to dictate what their partner should be doing in their own time. Meanwhile I've witnessed plenty of women try the same; and it's always insecure, dependent, perpetually-miserable people.

Personally, I'll always be happy if my partner is finding joy in things, I don't need to be the cause of someone's joy at all times to have self-worth.

Last edited:

Dr_Ifto

Shes got it all wrong. Its not gamers that are unattractive, its that gamers dont take care of themselves. If you looked like Henry Cavill, you will not have a problem getting most any girl.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I mean…

qL60bVf_d.webp

But seriously, this is generalizing to the max. Also, lots of women, especially the hotter ones, are so boring beyond work. Not surprising they can’t stand boys having fun in their free time (and at work, too).

Anecdotally, a hot coworker of mine once told me that she once had to get out of bed at 2 in the morning to blast her husband who‘d been obnoxiously loud playing COD online with his friends for hours. But she doesn‘t think less of him for that (they’re having a kid in another couple of months, actually). Don’t let gaming interfere with your life as a couple, don’t waste all your money on it, have your own dedicated gaming screen, and gaming will always be a better time and money investment than most things women spend their money on. No matter how much it cost, your stupid limited physical edition of a game will never be as much of a scam as the Gucci bag your missus spent four paychecks on, and your game collection will never take as much space as her shoe cupboard.

Last edited:

RavageX

My wife doesnt mind i play games. She liked watching me play the Yakuza games, mainly because of Majima lol. Also enjoys helping me make decisions in games where choices matter. I think you make video games your whole entire personality it's a turn off. You're a man, gotta do man shit in front of women. Get all sweaty and greasy working on a motor, hammer a nail in one shot, etc.
Thats funny, my wife likes it when I play Yakuza for the same reason.

She will play stuff like the Dark pictures Anthology series(I think thats the name)with me, but gets scared and wants me to play it solo so she can watch and help with choices.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Do men find it attractive when women say that binge watching shows on Netflix is one of their favorite things to do? Not really. It's the same thing. Sitting on a coach all day looking at or manipulating pixels is not attractive. It's just not. Sorry. It doesn't mean that you can't find that person attractive overall, or that they do other interesting things.

Last edited:

proandrad

It’s ok, gamers find unattractive bitches the least attractive so it balances out. Know your worth kings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom