• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liz Wheeler: Men who play video games are 'least attractive to women'

Are you attractive?

• I have a girlfriend now.

Votes: 80 16.3%
  • I'm married.

Votes: 304 62.0%
  • No, she's right.

Votes: 60 12.2%
  • I'm the person that doesn't bath before a video game conference.

Votes: 46 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My interests wax and wane. But Women will hold any hobby you have against you at some point. Seemingly because it's taking your attention away from her. I wouldn't even mention it as it's none of their business either way.

My ex did watch me play God of War though because of the story with the annoying kid. For some reason the worst part of that game resonated with her, go figure lol.

Tbh I've barely met any women who actually do have hobbies of their own, outside of gossiping and nattering with the girls that is. My mum was cool as fuck, she always had a million and one crafting projects on the go. I've never met another woman like her.

My current missus reads trashy novella and shit American television. I tease her about it occasionally but ultimately it's none of my business what her interests are, primarily because I don't give a shit. We do play mario kart on the old Wii about once a month though.

Mortisfacio

My wife likes that I play games. Her co-workers are talking about their boyfriends/husbands going out to bars and potentially cheating on them or meeting someone else.

Where am I on a weekend night when I'm not with the wife/kids? Playing games. Even when I go out, like my fantasy football draft, it's at my friends house. Wife and kids are invited and can enjoy the pool.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Well that feels good to hear but hard to believe. Both of my cousins have easily slept with over 100 women. My numbers don't come close to that and I never want them to because that's gross.

The average number of sexual partners for men and women in the United States is 7.2, reports a recent Superdrug survey.
Its 0 for like 30% of guys nowadays 18-30yo rofl, then u got ppl with under 10, those avg guys, and top 15% can stack up bodies upon bodies if only want to.
Hook up culture at its finest ;P
Trully famous ppl defo are in 4 digits, think leo for example :p

Elbereth

I’m married, 3 kids, 4 pets, own a home, 2 cars paid off, almost zero debt and play maybe 20 hours a week.

Not to mention my wife still loves me and finds me attractive enough to suck my dick. I was told that would stop after marriage. Here I am, 15 years later, still having drunk nasty sex in the living room while the kids are sleeping upstairs.
denzel washington GIF

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Way more attractive attributes (I'm not even joking)
Exactly (sadly).

Anyway, whatever you do that your woman didn’t want and tell you to do will piss her off and will be used against you at least every once in a while. But! If you do everything your woman wants you to do, it’ll be worse. Better to piss her off sometimes, than have her leave you because you’re a pushover. So be proud of your man-cave (her father’s is a garage, same vibes, same goals) and just be there for the hard times.

Peroroncino

Feels like she's speaking out of her more useful orifice. But assuming she's right, as long as I still get to smash, I don't care if I'm the least attractive option :goog_cool:

Laptop1991

well i'm divorced with 2 grown up kids, my ex wife used to complain when i gamed but both my kids game and always have and one is female lol, she was wrong and i'm happy to be single, i'm not putting up with that nonsense anymore ha ha. having to do what a partner wants me to all the time and they are boring with no hobbies lol, i'll just play games with my kids.

Peroroncino

well i'm divorced with 2 grown up kids, my ex wife used to complain when i gamed but both my kids game and always have and one is female lol, she was wrong and i'm happy to be single, i'm not putting up with that nonsense anymore ha ha. having to do what a partner wants me to all the time and they are boring with no hobbies lol, i'll just play games with my kids.

Being in a relationship where your partner isn't sharing or at least tolerating your passion/hobby is honestly a recipe for disaster. Good for you.

Rambone

I don't know any women my age that play video games or are even interested in anything that isn't Bravo TV and your ass planted right next to them to suffer through it. I guess I would see mentioning that I spend a lot of time and money on video games as a hobby would probably not be in my best interests.

GymWolf

Gold Member
My interests wax and wane. But Women will hold any hobby you have against you at some point. Seemingly because it's taking your attention away from her. I wouldn't even mention it as it's none of their business either way.

My ex did watch me play God of War though because of the story with the annoying kid. For some reason the worst part of that game resonated with her, go figure lol.

Tbh I've barely met any women who actually do have hobbies of their own, outside of gossiping and nattering with the girls that is. My mum was cool as fuck, she always had a million and one crafting projects on the go. I've never met another woman like her.

My current missus reads trashy novella and shit American television. I tease her about it occasionally but ultimately it's none of my business what her interests are, primarily because I don't give a shit. We do play mario kart on the old Wii about once a month though.
Subtle signal that she wanted a little pax magellanic inside her belly.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I see the discord mods have started to post in the thread too lol.

Sharp knees crew never change.

She's right. Although these days women's number 1 complaint are men who are on their phones/tablets non-stop, even if they aren't playing games.

PeteBull

Gold Member
I mean, if she’s gonna start shit, she’s got to take it too. I mean, she’s not ugly for an old lady.

Edit: oh shit, she’s only 35!? I think being a stuck up hoe has aged her terribly.
She has so called thousand cock stare for sure :p

Synless

My one advice to any man... find yourself a girl gamer to be your girlfriend/waifu... trust me... everything will just make sense.
I find the opposite. I married a woman who doesn’t play a single game, mobile or otherwise. I would advise someone who has different interests to keep the variety of life interesting.

The trick here is not to marry/date a woman who hates video games. Then there is an inferiority complex you have to contend with. Instead just find someone who couldn’t care less what you do.

I can see it, but in the guise of the 'mainstream' gaming where it's guys throwing on a headset and ignoring the world, yelling at their buddies for five or six hours in CoD or Apex Legends every night.

My wife thought that's what "gamers" were when we met, she was surprised to discover there's weirdos like me that just throw on a Nintendo or anime game for an hour each night to unwind.

Ok. I play games and I am married. She doesn't care that I play games. She spends most of her time watching 90 Day Fiance and trash TV like that. Any woman with introspection will understand because they also have their escapism. Some just can't accept that spending 12 hours on Ticktock and Instagram is even worse than gaming. That doesn't require any brain cells.

Nydius

Late to the thread so it’s probably already been said but:

A) I bet she’d get wet if Henry Cavill even so much as talked to her. Oops, there goes her narrative.

B) I love how community notes absolutely wrecked her by pointing out her “data” had no source was was basically pulled out of someone’s ass.

And

C) I got a huge chuckle that Dana Loesch (45 year old deeply conservative woman, extreme second amendment activist, and part time columnist for National Review) posted, paraphrased: Space Marine 2 let’s go boys!

Ed:
I digress. I never concealed that I played games when my (now) wife and I were dating. She admitted she wasn’t a gamer at all outside of maybe playing some Tetris or Dr. Mario. She began to view my gaming as just watching TV. She watched me play FF7 and would get upset if I would play when she wasn’t home because she wanted to know what happened next. She still does that to this day with games she has an interest in.

Last edited:
50% of women are gamers, so this is a stupid take. And from what I've read, it's console gaming, not "Candy Crush" as most like to deflect when they hear this statistic. Gaming isn't some taboo topic anymore. Everyone loves it. These are probably the same women that prefer a 6'5" guy in his early 20s who makes 5 million dollars a year and is somehow single. Perpetually alone cat ladies.

Late to the thread so it’s probably already been said but:

A) I bet she’d get wet if Henry Cavill even so much as talked to her. Oops, there goes her narrative.

B) I love how community notes absolutely wrecked her by pointing out her “data” had no source was was basically pulled out of someone’s ass.

And

C) I got a huge chuckle that Dana Loesch (deeply conservative, extreme second amendment activist, and part time columnist for National Review) posted, paraphrased: Space Marine 2 let’s go boys!
Yeah, she's a dumb dumb. What's funny is Henry Cavill almost missed his casting audition for Superman because he had a scheduled Raid in World of Warcract.

Last edited:

bundylove

MY wife keeps shitting on me for playing games. What a waste of time. What a none productive activity.

So i asked her the other day. What would you like me to do at the end of the day when i have max 2 hours to myself after 8pm when she actually sleeps and gets ready for night shift.

Would you like me to go out with the boys , get drunk and pick some up some martini punnani ?
Arent you happy i am a good boy that comes home, stays home, takes care of the kid at night ?

You know my biggest problem with these people is the fact that when i play a game and relax and remove myself from this shit world for an hour a day to keep my sanity is equal to being a homeless loser but when they watch their brain wash shows or are on their phone watching shorts is called creative, productive , educational etc.

PeteBull

Gold Member
50% of women are gamers, so this is a stupid take. And from what I've read, it's console gaming, not "Candy Crush" as most like to deflect when they hear this statistic. Gaming isn't some taboo topic anymore. Everyone loves it. These are probably the same women that prefer a 6'5" guy in his early 20s who makes 5 million dollars a year and is somehow single. Perpetually alone cat ladies.
U would be surprised at modern women requirements, especially in the western world, there is a reason hoeflation is a thing nowadays :p
And yup, as they get older(less attractive/more masculine) their standards never go down, only up :messenger_beaming:

U would be surprised at modern women requirements, especially in the western world, there is a reason hoeflation is a thing nowadays :p
And yup, as they get older(less attractive/more masculine) their standards never go down, only up :messenger_beaming:
I just saw a video recently of a woman crying (she was actually pretty, just very stupid) because no guy would date her and then she spewed a list of insanely unrealistic standards that no man could or even want to meet. And if they somehow did meet those standards, they are men that wouldn't want to date women like her. These women are so incredibly deluded. She was also complaining that men don't approach her anymore, despite women like her villainizing men approaching women these days as toxic and rapey or something. Men don't want anything to do with crazy women. The hoeflation is indeed real.

I mean under no circumstances would I tell a female that I play video games.

There's no upside to stating that fact.
That's great, dude. Bury who you truly are deep inside to try and justify yourself to women who wouldn't like you for who you truly are. That is a joyous way to live.

Last edited:
Top Bottom