• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logan Review Thread - Go Fuck Yourself out of 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

K08I2gz.gif

Kaizer

Banned
So is it better than The Wolverine? I really loved that film & its action scenes up until the final act where it went full dumb with their "Silver Samurai" hit mess.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
?

Disagree. I like the Samurai armor and venomous Betty Draper in The Wolverine. Good movie.

Shame it isn't canon any more :(

Koshiro

Luckily got tickets to a screening tonight. It was largely great, very The Last of Us in tone. There is one scene in particular that was incredibly executed that I'm sure everyone will mention whenever they discuss this film. Definitely worth seeing.

So is this movie in any way like a Leone movie at any point, for instance Once Upon a Time in the West?

Man, imagine this movie with a Morricone score.

Luckily got tickets to a screening tonight. It was largely great, very The Last of Us in tone. There is one scene in particular that was incredibly executed that I'm sure everyone will mention whenever they discuss this film. Definitely worth seeing.
Is that forest scene we see in the trailer the best indication of the claw chaos one can expect, or does the action get even crazier? A yes or no is good

Considering what Last of Us is influenced by, just take "Last of Us" as shorthand for "movies/shows/comics/books with a similar tone and general narrative framework"

But this movie pretty much has nothing in common with The Last of Us in either tone or general narrative framework, from what I understand (people been filling me in on TLOU here). Aside from the fact there's an older bearded dude and a much younger girl, and there's violence involved.

B.K.

I'll get excited for it when we get more reviews in closer to release. Early reviews are always positive for every movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom