• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logicool (Logitec) new PS2 wireless controller

maskrider

Bought one today, the analog sticks are as loose as the previous one, it is a little bit smaller and use only 2 cells, looks more like DS2 but I like the old one more than this one when I first hold it in my hand playing Tenchu Kurenai that I had been continuously playing for more than a month since its release.

The good things are the response is as good as the old one, the receiver no longer has a cable attached to it and you can choose from 3 colours than just one for the previous one.

The dual shock is still better than the wireless ones in terms of handling.

ps2-controllers.jpg

lt-wireless-1.jpg

lt-wireless-2.jpg

lt-wireless-3.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I wish they'd re-design the housing. I found the XBOX wireless controller, which employs the same design, to be somewhat uncomfortable, especially for the price.

Woah, I didn't know they had different colors for the Logitechs. That white one is really nice. What's the other color?

I've got it in the standard black, and think it's a big improvement over the first one (which was still quite good).

Soul4ger

heavy liquid said:
Woah, I didn't know they had different colors for the Logitechs. That white one is really nice. What's the other color?

I've got it in the standard black, and think it's a big improvement over the first one (which was still quite good).

I was just about to ask this. The white one looks really nice, even if the analog sticks blow. Where'd you find such a thing?!

ourumov

Looks cool Maskrider :) I would like to try it with some fighting games: the D-PAD seems comfortable for my tastes.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm a big fan of 'no-cables around my TV', so I have and use the black one. I do like DS2's ergonomy a *bit* more, but this is still very good, and very easy to get used to. It's the right size, only two batteries, stereo rumble support (which feels very much like DS2, I tested it with Rez, MGS2 and SH3 all of which feature very fancy rumble patterns) Batteries last ~50h with rumble and ~300h without, btw.

maskrider

Soul4ger said:
I was just about to ask this. The white one looks really nice, even if the analog sticks blow. Where'd you find such a thing?!

I bought it from a local import store (in Hong Kong).

The available colours are black, silver and white.

Keio

For a Finer World
Too beautiful! Had to order the white one - hopefully the reciever doesn't look too out of place on a black PS2 (maskrider, what do you think?)?

And I really really really would like to see next-gen consoles being white or silver. Black is out.

aparisi2274

I have that new Logitech controller, and I think its good. Not as good as the Wavebird, but its a definite improvment over the original design they had. My only issue is that if I dont keep my middle fingers in the middle part of the controller on the back side, then they push my ring fingers into my pinkies and then my pinkies get sweaty and and its annoying. heheheheheh

Anyway, I didnt know they came in white. I only saw it in that deep bluish/black color.

bionic77

Why the hell doesn't Sony market their own 1st party wireless controller? It would be pretty easy for Sony (and also MS) to just make a ripoff of the wavebird. It is pissing me off when I know they could make their own 1st party controllers and maybe even have some improvements. Not quite as dumb as Nintendo refusing to do online, but this is also a stupid move IMHO of both Sony and MS.

maskrider

Keio said:
Too beautiful! Had to order the white one - hopefully the reciever doesn't look too out of place on a black PS2 (maskrider, what do you think?)?

And I really really really would like to see next-gen consoles being white or silver. Black is out.

I am using a white controller on a blue PS2, heh ! Adding an additional white reciever does not make it look more out of place. :)

Great controller. I picked one up when Circiut City had a 5 hour sale for $29.99. I love the redesign and the battery life last forever! I really want to grab one for the XBox because it's also been redesgin and has less power consumption. Just waiting for a good deal like I got on the PS2 one (and I own one of the first generation one Logitech did for XBox). If you guys don't have these you definately want to pick these up. Just as good if not better than first party controllers. <thumbs up>

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've been playing games for the last 2 months with that controller, vibration ON, and still haven't changed the batteries.

Great stuff.

Top Bottom