• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

kunonabi

So as someone who loved NMH1 but not NMH2, will I enjoy this game?

For what it's worth the reason I didn't enjoy NMH2 was because they completely fucked up the combat mechanics. Travis's movements were too floaty and bosses didn't adequately telegraph their attacks like in the first game.

YES. I loved NMH and thought NMH2 was utter dog shit. LC is much closer to NMH and I'm loving it.

I've seen tearing out the ass. Motherfuckers need to learn what Vsync is

if you are on 360 try setting your console resolution to 720p. that alieviated constant tearing in Shadows of the Damned. haven't checked what my console is currently set to. didn't notice any tearing though.

tusken77

So one person says they've seen no screen tearing whatsoever on the PS3 while another says there's lots of screen tearing.

From one extreme to another.

Can others playing the PS3 version say if they've seen any trace of tearing please? Thanks.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
YES. I loved NMH and thought NMH2 was utter dog shit. LC is much closer to NMH and I'm loving it.

I loved NMH1 and NMH2 yes it was polished in a lot of ways but it lacked the charm the original had. Felt really flat and lifeless and even if some boss fights were memorable most of them are forgettable.

I love that Lollipop Chainsaw doesn't have any filler.( At least IMO) It really ask you to play it more and more to get better on the combat and to unlock all the moves. I imagine when I get all the moves things are gonna be very interesting and I'll have way better ranks than before doing all kinds of stuff. ^_^

I sound like a big fanboy sorry guys XD

So one person says they've seen no screen tearing whatsoever on the PS3 while another says there's lots of screen tearing.

Can others playing the PS3 version say if they've seen any trace of tearing please? Thanks.

I had a lot of Screen Tearing in the opening cutscene but outside of that nothing at all in my case.

Will there be a PC version of this anytime soon? Didn't see one announced and I know Grasshopper hasn't done a whole lot of PC ports.
So far nothing has been announced and its pretty doubtful to happen unless Warner Bros pushes them to make a PC version (Doubt that will happen)

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Will there be a PC version of this anytime soon? Didn't see one announced and I know Grasshopper hasn't done a whole lot of PC ports.

On PS3?

Man I am so annoyed with E3 videos etc totally forgot to preorder from amazon and get the free codes.

Are there plenty of unlockable costumes anyway without them?
i only noticed screen tearing on the opening cutscene on the PS3.

As for unlockable costumes, there are 19 of them. So yeah, plenty of skins to unlock.

KageMaru

Some people are immune to it while others see it. My one friend never saw tearing until I pointed it out to him and now he can't unsee it. =p

As for the performance and such, maybe DF will do a face off this weekend. Is there any other multi-plat games that have come out recently?

tusken77

Yeah, I've heard elsewhere about the opening cutscene tearing. That's fine. Zero tearing during gameplay is the important thing. Sounds like there's no issues in that department. Thanks guys.

Question on getting both endings:

are you boned if you rescue all the students on the first run? how would you go back and un-rescue them to see the bad ending?

bump for new page, does anyone know? Right now I've got them all but might let one die on purpose so I can get the bad ending, then play again for the good ending. Not sure if it can be done the other way around

Nemesis_

I love that Lollipop Chainsaw doesn't have any filler.( At least IMO) It really ask you to play it more and more to get better on the combat and to unlock all the moves. I imagine when I get all the moves things are gonna be very interesting and I'll have way better ranks than before doing all kinds of stuff. ^_^

This is really what I love about it so far too. It's a great old-school action game. Really loving this, the writing and the characters themselves.

SirGold

Neo Member

I've only experience tearing during the cutscenes, none whatsoever during gameplay.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This game is really good. The combat is seemingly simple but you can do a lot with it / it's really satisfying.

Also why does this have a ps3 metacritic of 79 but the xbox version is 68 (both are too low!)

Ferrio

Banned
This game is fucked up.... seriously fucked up.

That sad.. even though it's short the 60 bucks was worth it easily. Kinda a nice refreshing game, some of the lines are just so outta nowhere. Almost reminds me of a scott pilgrim type of humor.. just with a lot more fucks and dick. Her younger sister in the 3rd stage is fuckign wacko.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've finally found a way to describe this game. "Basically, imagine a Suda51 taking on Scott Pilgrim meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Dead Rising, and then make it even more unserious and over-the-top."

Without spoiling who, are there other playable characters besides Juliet?

No, but there are other costumes that represent other characters. There's actually quite a few other costumes.

This isn't a spoiler since an example is the pre-order Ash (from Evil Dead) costume you get with pre-ordering, and the game default has 19 unlockable costumes, several of which are based off of outside properties.

ShinAmano

So I cracked and bought the game...ahve to wait for it to come in though.

If anyone has any extra DLC codes for 360 I would be your internet friend.

Garcia Hotspur

Neo Member
Has anyone got the "No Fear of Heights" achievement for
beating the Gondola game without shooting?
I'm having a lot of trouble with this one and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong... It seems like the enemies patterns with dropping the shit is completely random?

graywolf323

alright GAF I need some help

I don't have enough money to buy Lollipop Chainsaw off Amazon sadly but I do have enough in GameStop credit for the same amount, I found a store nearby that already (!) has a used copy of the PS3 game and with coupon would drop it to $45 (less powerup card)

however this store is ~30 minutes away, is the game worth the trouble or should I just wait a few months?

george_us

I'm at Stage 4 and I honestly didn't expect to like this game nearly as much as I do. The only other grasshopper game I've played is Shadows of the Damned and I only liked the first two acts of that game. This game though hits all the right notes for me.

Outside of
Zombie Baseball
I don't really have any major complaints. Amazing game.

Vazra

alright GAF I need some help

I don't have enough money to buy Lollipop Chainsaw off Amazon sadly but I do have enough in GameStop credit for the same amount, I found a store nearby that already (!) has a used copy of the PS3 game and with coupon would drop it to $45 (less powerup card)

however this store is ~30 minutes away, is the game worth the trouble or should I just wait a few months?

If you are buying it used you are not giving support to Grasshopper :(

tumblr_m4vl3voKcR1qj3ir1.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I ordered this yesterday with free prime shipping to get it thursday but I just got it now. Goddamn I love amazon.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm seriously like this close to trading in Dragon's Dogma, UMvC3, and KOF XIII to get this. I just finished DD and have pretty much fallen out of the fighting game scene. And I want this game SO BADLY.

I went home on my break to play some more and it's been awhile since I did that. The game is just so damn fun. Managed to save all the classmates in Stage 1 (including the douchebag
that shuts the door on you. the masturbation comment was like "woah buddy"
and improved my overall score in the Prologue level. Using that Burst move or whatever its called when "Mickey" plays is so key when you fight those "special" named zombies. I killed the Hazmat dude and his two cronies all at once in one swipe and scored a shitton of cash, including a few platinums, for it.

So I just randomly received the Foxy Funk code email from BestBuy, like 17 hours after the Goth Girl email yesterday. Redeemed!

graywolf323

I'm seriously like this close to trading in Dragon's Dogma, UMvC3, and KOF XIII to get this. I just finished DD and have pretty much fallen out of the fighting game scene. And I want this game SO BADLY.

I know how you feel, trying to resist doing something slightly crazy in order to get this game too

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Not. Worth. It.

Perhaps not, but like I said, I'm done with DD. Got 75 hours out of it. That's damn good, IMO. I don't like to replay long games like that, so it honestly wouldn't do me any good sitting in my collection. And the fighters, I haven't touched in months.

Trading those games in is literally the only way I'd be able to play Lollipop Chainsaw, since I have no spending money whatsoever until I can find a roommate. So if I want to play LC, that's pretty much my only choice.

Vazra

So I just randomly received the Foxy Funk code email from BestBuy, like 17 hours after the Goth Girl email yesterday. Redeemed!

If you dont want them you can gimme lol ;)

Perhaps not, but like I said, I'm done with DD. Got 75 hours out of it. That's damn good, IMO. I don't like to replay long games like that, so it honestly wouldn't do me any good sitting in my collection. And the fighters, I haven't touched in months.

Trading those games in is literally the only way I'd be able to play Lollipop Chainsaw, since I have no spending money whatsoever until I can find a roommate. So if I want to play LC, that's pretty much my only choice.

I love Lollipop Chainsaw and all but I wouldn't trade 3 games that costed once $60 each or $40 for just 1 $60 game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I love Lollipop Chainsaw and all but I wouldn't trade 3 games that costed once $60 each or $40 for just 1 $60 game.

That's understandable, but like I said, I've gotten all the use out of them that I'm going to get. What they once cost doesn't really matter to me, especially considering that I used trade-in credit for all of them save for UMvC3. Hell, I traded in SFxT, Yakuza: Dead Souls, and Dark Souls for Dragon's Dogma, and don't regret it one bit. Because I wasn't ever going to play those three games again.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I've gotten my enjoyment out of them, and now they're more valuable to me as trade-in fodder than as games to play. Life's short, and if playing Lollipop Chainsaw will make me happier than having DD, KOF, and MVC sitting in my game collection, then I'm gonna do it.

Top Bottom