• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Beat the baseball game in one go on Hard after turning off auto aim. Head shots have a pretty fairly large hitbox.

Same boat. I had auto-aim turned off from the outset, but I beat the baseball minigame on hard my first go. The goal is to not shoot the enemies on Nick's tail, but the enemies ahead of him. Also cheerleaders and pitches are a priority, but your gun is pretty powerful so it honestly wasn't too tough.

Grisby

Same boat. I had auto-aim turned off from the outset, but I beat the baseball minigame on hard my first go. The goal is to not shoot the enemies on Nick's tail, but the enemies ahead of him. Also cheerleaders and pitches are a priority, but your gun is pretty powerful so it honestly wasn't too tough.
Yep, cheerleaders and pitchers are top priority.

matmanx1

Despite the little bits of jankiness I am enjoying myself with this game. The music and humor are both fantastic and along with the presentation make up for the weakness in precision on the action side of things. Bayonetta or DMC this is not but it's still highly entertaining and has a ton of trashy charm.

Jintor

Where is the auto aim setting at?

I don't recall ever seeing it in my menu options, but I wasn't exactly looking for it when I started the game.

"Blaster settings" in options.

I had no trouble with the baseball minigame, but basketball pre-combat upgrades was a real pain in the ass.

kunonabi

Do you mean you need to be connected to the internet to use the code to get the costume or that once you've redeemed the code you can't use it in the game unless you're online.

Key thing to specify, that.

I redeemed the code but my X360 has to be connected to the internet when I boot up the game in order to use them.

Stage 3 beat. Loved the
Mariska
fight. Was trippy as hell which was clearly the point considering the theme. Think I still like the stage 1 boss the best though.

And dammit, they completely stole my idea of a boss that
speaks entirely in auto-tune!

Jintor

Stage 3 beat. Loved the
Mariska
fight. Was trippy as hell which was clearly the point considering the theme. Think I still like the stage 1 boss the best though.

And dammit, they completely stole my idea of a boss that
speaks entirely in auto-tune!

Saint's Row the Third.

...I must be the only one here that had no trouble at any of the minigames? Outside of the cake, I did just fine. I even did the 'no shot Gandola achievement' on my second try. How I did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNCkI3z_nqs
I had no trouble with it as well. I played it on easy normal and hard and got through it no problem every time. The only minigame that I had a little trouble with was the gondola, that was because I was impatient.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I just lost during the Gondola part. Is it safe to select "Continue", or will I start back from the very beginning of the stage like happened to me in Stage 2? 'Cause that'd kinda suck.

PS3 version, BTW.

I know this is probably a stupid question but... the zombie medals (gold and platinum) do accumulate over multiple playthroughs of the same stage and all, right? How about carrying over between rank and story mode? Also, I was googling about the Rockabilly costume and someone claimed there is an app that'll generate keys for that -- I'm really wary, though, screams unsafe to me. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get a code from somewhere.

Medals accumulate anytime you're playing story mode. The things you buy in story mode will carry over to ranking mode (minus lollipops and nick tickets) but the medals you earn in ranking won't carry back the other way.

Medals accumulate anytime you're playing story mode. The things you buy in story mode will carry over to ranking mode (minus lollipops and nick tickets) but the medals you earn in ranking won't carry back the other way.

Excellent! I may grind out earlier stages a bit to make the later stuff a bit easier. Thanks!

Cheska

Gotta say you guys had me a little nervous about the gondola stage but I managed to die only 6 times while trying to complete it. Felt like stage 4 was the shortest so far, and had the easiest boss battle IMO. How hard is Stage 5?

RedSwirl

The bosses were all a cakewalk compared to NMH, though I got pissed off by the final one because of
that QTE at the end where one missed button means repeating the entire fight

I'm enticed to go back and unlock more stuff though.

frequency

I finally tried this game. I wasn't really into the humour and it all seemed very juvenile. I don't normally play action games so the gameplay wasn't doing much for me either.
But then I got to the Chop2Shop, pressed X and the Lollipop song came on. I don't know why but I couldn't stop giggling about it. I am sold on this game and look forward to playing more.

Jintor

Just wrapped it up. Rad-ass game, but I think I might need to play some Bayonetta just to be reminded of the best combat mechanics money can buy. Still probably gonna blow through the harder difficulties until I get sick of the game though... all those unique zombies...

Also, I guess I need to save more students to get the good ending? Because I... uh... didn't.

NeoRausch

Man, some of the later students that you need to save are hard to bring trough alive!
Why you walk trough explosiv barrels, you suicidal motherfucker?!

oh and was there ANY way to get preorder costumes in europe? I got the amazone preorder code (rockabilly costume) but haven't seen any other preorder bonuses anywhere. I want that Ash-Costume!

Paper Fox

That damn zombie baseball game. After what seemed like a billion tries I finally cleared it. Then I had to go do other stuff so I turned the game off, figuring it would auto-save. Come back to the game, find out I have to do the damn thing all over again. Ragequit.
I might do the 'no-auto-aim' thing next time round.

dokish

Banned
Well duh, people talk about the game in the ot. Sure, most people want to spoil major stuff. But chitta chat....

whatever....oh shit did this game just reference Monty Python? Suda make me a baby in my belly!

I can talk about the game without giving away plot information. Official Thread also means a place where you can get informed about the game and read other people's opinion before buying it. But it sucks when you see a big spoiler in your face.

oh man THANK YOU for advice on turning off auto aim on blaster for baseball

must have failed 30 times. bizarely last try did it without single hit on nick

wow, playtesting should have caught this. I bet they were testing with autoaim off (which, once mastered, makes this minigame 10 times easier - annoying vs excruciating)

MC Safety

I am so close to saying screw it because of the shitty zombie baseball minigame X-(

Yeah, that one stunk. If it helps any, I recommend bypassing the target lock and just use manual aiming by holding the aiming trigger -- the left one on the Xbox 360 -- and using the cursor to follow Nick as he runs the bases.

I think Amazon may have made an error with my order. Can someone tell me if there was a preorder bonus for the game, a special costume or something? If there is/was such a bonus, did it come in the form of a code? Because I saw absolutely no code ...

Yeah, that one stunk. If it helps any, I recommend bypassing the target lock and just use manual aiming by holding the aiming trigger -- the left one on the Xbox 360 -- and using the cursor to follow Nick as he runs the bases.

I think Amazon may have made an error with my order. Can someone tell me if there was a preorder bonus for the game, a special costume or something? If there is/was such a bonus, did it come in the form of a code? Because I saw absolutely no code ...

There was supposed to be a costume code (or 2) sent by email

I forgot to preorder so I am glad that the base game actually has some nice costumes anyway without DLC

MC Safety

There was supposed to be a costume code (or 2) sent by email

I forgot to preorder so I am glad that the base game actually has some nice costumes anyway without DLC

Aha. Thank you. I had thought the code might have been included in the packaging ... or simply misplaced.

JohngPR

That damn zombie baseball game. After what seemed like a billion tries I finally cleared it. Then I had to go do other stuff so I turned the game off, figuring it would auto-save. Come back to the game, find out I have to do the damn thing all over again. Ragequit.
I might do the 'no-auto-aim' thing next time round.

It was a pain in the butt, but I cleared it on my 3rd try. What is it about it that's giving you trouble?

Carnby

Here's an anecdote related to this game that you might find funny.

I was in a local game store, and I asked the clerk if he played Lollipop Chainsaw, and if he liked it.

Clerk: It's amazing. It's exactly like Shadows of the Damned.

Me: Ugh. I hated Shadows of the Damned.

Clerk: What!? Anyone who doesn't like Shadows is OBVIOUSLY not a fan of Suda 51.

Me: Suda barely had anything to do with Lollipop. It was written by James Gunn.

Clerk: ...

He refused to speak to me after that.

Jarmel

Banned
Here's an anecdote related to this game that you might find funny.

I was in a local game store, and I asked the clerk if he played Lollipop Chainsaw, and if he liked it.

Clerk: It's amazing. It's exactly like Shadows of the Damned.

Me: Ugh. I hated Shadows of the Damned.

Clerk: What!? Anyone who doesn't like Shadows is OBVIOUSLY not a fan of Suda 51.

Me: Suda barely had anything to do with Lollipop. It was written by James Gunn.

Clerk: ...

He refused to speak to me after that.

Lol even I know Suda rarely has jack shit to do with 'his' games now. He should have stated GHM instead. Also the guy is wrong, it's not exactly like Shadows. Quite frankly I think it's written better and certain themes come through much clearer.

So... what should I save my medals for when I shop ?

Combos,combos,combos

frequency

I must really suck. This game is hard. I feel so weak. I have to hit so many times before the zombies die.

I'm enjoying, but I think I have to go down to easy. (╥_╥)

G.O.O.

Yeah, i'm buying combos, but I'm wondering if some of them should be bought before others. I'm still not sure about how works one of the first I've bought.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I haven no idea what people are struggling with in the baseball game. The zombies all spawn in set areas and you can headshot them as they come out of the hole. From the first run around the bases on, a pitcher spawns in the middle that throws balls at Nick. Make him a priority and stand on the spot the bullets spawn so you don't have to move...nothing else to it really.

Even with autoaim on you can spam like crazy. I beat it the first time with that without nick getting hit, and it's easier without it.

frequency

I should open my copy some day. :(
I also need to stop buying games and start playing them more!

Just spend money on combos and barbells to increase strength. Game gets stupid easy as you progress even on hard difficulty.I beat hard on my first run through and by stge 4, i died twice and last stage: once on boss.
I only have the level 1 strength. They don't show up in the Chop2Shop anymore. I've died a lot already. I'm at the sports stage.

Top Bottom