• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meadows said:
They're very similar in terms of gang structure and the such. Again. I promise you this is the case in London too.

But as other said, yes I suppose the super high ups might have someone with a gun with them, but they wouldn't carry it because it's too risky for them to do it themselves due to relatively harsh penalties on gun possession.

Right so you're an expert on UK gang culture? Suppose,maybe, shadey types and "I heard" is all you've got. Hull that hotbed of gangs...

Dabanton

Furret said:
Maybe they use it because he was a gangster and the reason he was shot is because he was firing at police?

Like i said the Police and their helpful friends in the some of the media have a narrative to build.

If you want to take on-board the polices versions of events your more than welcome.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Dabanton said:
Like i said the Police and their helpful friends in the some of the media have a narrative to build.

If you want to take on-board the polices versions of events your more than welcome.

ok then so why shoot him in the first place then?? what motivational reason is there?
(I am not getting narky, just asking this question in a reasonable tone?)

systematic

Unconfirmed Member
tkzTv.jpg

Shows you how stupid the looters were. They take all the netbooks but leave the iMacs behind...

I moved to London from Sydney by myself when I was 19 and the 3rd night there I had my wallet lifted in a bar near Piccadilly Circus.

I had to walk all the way back to Fulham and encountered a group of thugs in a back alley near Victoria. They asked me what I was doing there, I explained what happened, then two of them went out onto the street to ask people for change for me so I could get home. BLESS. They aren't all bad :p

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Phonomezer said:
I moved to London from Sydney by myself when I was 19 and the 3rd night there I had my wallet lifted in a bar near Piccadilly Circus.

I had to walk all the way back to Fulham and encountered a group of thugs in a back alley near Victoria. They asked me what I was doing there, I explained what happened, then two of them went out onto the street to ask people for change for me so I could get home. BLESS. They aren't all bad :p

sometimes people can give the impression that they are thugs etc but funny thing is sometimes they just help out...kinda warms my heart (being serious)

Dabanton

jufonuk said:
ok then so why shoot him in the first place then?? what motivational reason is there?
(I am not getting narky, just asking this question in a reasonable tone?)

No one knows yet their are conflicting reports about what went down.

I'm just saying taking the police's word as bond is very gullible.

Furret

Banned
Dabanton said:

So what evidence, or even conjecture, do you have that events were not as reported?

Do you deny that he was a gangster and gunrunner?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Dabanton said:
No one knows yet their are conflicting reports about what went down.

I'm just saying taking the police's word as bond is very gullible.

any links to the conflicting reports etc? many thanks

Dabanton

systematic said:
tkzTv.jpg

Shows you how stupid the looters were. They take all the netbooks but leave the iMacs behind...

Well if you look closely the Macs are locked down with what looks like a Kensington Security Slots

Precisely because of how easy they would be to nick.

jufonuk said:
sometimes people can give the impression that they are thugs etc but funny thing is sometimes they just help out...kinda warms my heart (being serious)

Also, they knew he had no money on him. He was also not female and to steal his organs they would need to get some ice first.
;D

Ripclawe

Banned
Reading an apologist column in the Guardian and my ghetto alert went off as soon as the writer called this place a "Vibrant" community.

Thats a big code word.

Ripclawe said:
Reading an apologist column in the Guardian and my ghetto alert went off as soon as the writer called this place a "Vibrant" community.

Thats a big code word.

"Colourful community" is what the estate agents use!

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
jufonuk said:
we should also ban drinking as this can cause violent Behavior, fuck ban Mcdonalds so the Chav's & Rudeboys have less places to hangout, hell ban violent TV. fuck it how long before Video games are blamed in the Riots somehow??

GTA, Saints Row,Red Steel 2 and Zelda I am Looking at you!!!....
Oh god. I hate people who say stupid things like this. Let's analyse:
jufonuk said:
we should also ban drinking as this can cause violent Behavior
While alcohol has proved to cause violent crimes these are acts of individuals. Alcohol has a history and a place in our culture. From beer to drinks they have a place in society that isn't focused with the intent of killing people, unlike guns. Guns have no other purpose than to harm fellow human beings.
jufonuk said:
fuck ban Mcdonalds so the Chav's & Rudeboys have less places to hangout
I actually do believe that McDonald's should have a tax increase if the continue to serve dangerous food to children and youth. They should keep this extra tax until they can serve food that actually benefits society. Guns can't benefit society.
jufonuk said:
hell ban violent TV
Violence on TV as an artform helps explore man's inner self and makes him reflect. Heck, violence in itself isn't anything wrong. Violence and aggression can help in certain loaded situations. Guns can't help since they only kill people.
jufonuk said:
fuck it how long before Video games are blamed in the Riots somehow??
Wii Fit? I doubt anything can be blamed. No matter how good video games replicate killing other people it will never actually be killing people, like guns do. ALL THE TIME.

Stop it with the stupid. Guns don't help. Guns destroy. Guns are bad for everyone on this planet and should be banned.

kinoki said:

While alcohol has proved to cause violent crimes these are acts of individuals. Alcohol has a history and a place in our culture. From beer to drinks they have a place in society that isn't focused with the intent of killing people, unlike guns. Guns have no other purpose than to harm fellow human beings.

I actually do believe that McDonald's should have a tax increase if the continue to serve dangerous food to children and youth. They should keep this extra tax until they can serve food that actually benefits society. Guns can't benefit society.

Violence on TV as an artform helps explore man's inner self and makes him reflect. Heck, violence in itself isn't anything wrong. Violence and aggression can help in certain loaded situations. Guns can't help since they only kill people.

Wii Fit? I doubt anything can be blamed. No matter how good video games replicate killing other people it will never actually be killing people, like guns do. ALL THE TIME.

Stop it with the stupid. Guns don't help. Guns destroy. Guns are bad for everyone on this planet and should be banned.

Wow. A post full of stupid calling others stupid...

jufonuk

not tag worthy
kinoki said:

STUFF

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

BTW I was saying all that in a "think of the children" sarcastic tone, the fact you analysed all it warms my cockles unless you are sassing me? ..hmm ponders.... therefore we cancel each other out??

Rioters wanted by the cops,

Stupid sites... :/

Hmm....

And the 'riot' has apparently spread to Enfield with the HMV there having its windows smashed.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
jufonuk said:
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

BTW I was saying all that in a "think of the children" sarcastic tone, the fact you analysed all it warms my cockles unless you are sassing me? ..hmm ponders.... therefore we cancel each other out??

I wasn't serious. But I felt like calling out some pro-gun activism even if it wasn't serious. :p

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Lireu77 said:
They knew it ahead of time already ! O_O

Tom Cruise has the power!!!! xenu be praised..he is operating at a thetan level beyond us all LRH will be smilling

Shit that's like a 5 min drive away from me. Bet those wankers are from Edmonton, nothing of value to loot from there, so they went to Enfield Town.

Fuck man, police need to lock those fuckers up.

kinoki said:

Throughout the ages they've been plenty of wars that didn't have guns.

Guns, knives, or screwdrivers, banning just guns it isn't going to prevent much on a local level.

A quick death by gun is much preferable to a slow bleedout via getting shanked by unna dem yout dem bredda.

Last night there were reports on twitter and FB that there was looting in Woodgreen. Scotland Yard spokesman then denied that as false. How incompetent can you get?

Meus Renaissance said:
Last night there were reports on twitter and FB that there was looting in Woodgreen. Scotland Yard spokesman then denied that as false. How incompetent can you get?

Err, there was looting in Wood Green. The H&M had its windows smashed, we have pictures. Fucking idiot police. Need to sort this out. Now.

Meadows

Banned
dreamcastmaster said:
Right so you're an expert on UK gang culture? Suppose,maybe, shadey types and "I heard" is all you've got. Hull that hotbed of gangs...

It is actually you sarkey bastard.

Cyport

What saddens me is the fact there are some young people on twitter who are bragging they are in Enfield looting or wishing they were there.. It must just be attention seeking but even that is sad

Cyport said:
What saddens me is the fact there are some young people on twitter who are bragging they are in Enfield looting or wishing they were there.. It must just be attention seeking but even that is sad

Get Twitter to hand over the IP addresses. Police need to fuck shit up.

Why are they milling about. Fuck some of these wankers up. Beat them to within an inch of their lives. Show them there are consequences to their actions.

Zomba13

zomgbbqftw said:
Why are they milling about. Fuck some of these wankers up. Beat them to within an inch of their lives. Show them there are consequences to their actions.
I bet if they took any action at all there would be people here moaning about police brutality and feeling sorry for the cunts fucking up the streets and looting shit.

Meadows

Banned
zomgbbqftw said:

Because there's nothing happening now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom