• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
OK, I know what a chav is.

What is a rudeboy?

Is it like a Jamaican rudeboy?

I'll be honest, as an American, I stopped knowing anything about British youth culture aftering figuring out mods vs. punks. And there was a brief flirtation with All Saints and Alexa Chung.

-viper-

Banned
Cyport said:
What saddens me is the fact there are some young people on twitter who are bragging they are in Enfield looting or wishing they were there.. It must just be attention seeking but even that is sad
link?

Hah,

mToYn.jpg

About damn time the cops came down on these thugs...

Local BBC journalist reports

RT @Tarahwelsh Loads of teenagers covering their faces, just told me if I take a pic they’re coming up to my house, quite scary.

zomgbbqftw said:
Get Twitter to hand over the IP addresses. Police need to fuck shit up.

Wow, you're a conservative who hates social welfare and has a penchant for a police state with a twist of 1984. Have you got a picture of Norman Tebbit on your bedroom wall?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
travisbickle said:
Wow, you're a conservative who hates social welfare and has a penchant for a police state with a twist of 1984. Have you got a picture of Norman Tebbit on your bedroom wall?

I think he just wants to see some punk get their comeuppance?

-viper- said:
where are the pics coming from

Twitter and other sources.

Clearing the thugs out,

df9tg.jpg

BTW, there's a killer Chinese restaurant just out of shot on the right hand side. Amazing beef in black bean sauce.

travisbickle said:

Or, I want to see some fuckers in jail. If the police don't come down hard this is going to spiral out of control.

-viper-

Banned
Speedymanic said:

Clearing the thugs out,

df9tg.jpg

BTW, there's a killer Chinese restaurant just out of shot on the right hand side. Amazing beef in black bean sauce.
Mind linking them please?

zomgbbqftw said:
Or, I want to see some fuckers in jail. If the police don't come down hard this is going to spiral out of control.

Cool, hope you enjoy the tax rises.

You know how much it costs to house a prisoner a year, what about the court costs, are they going to pay that as well? What about finding extra police cells?. Not to mention paying for the overtime as well.

Cheaper just to nuke London.

Speedymanic said:

Clearing the thugs out,

http://i.imgur.com/df9tg.jpg[ /IMG]

BTW, there's a killer Chinese restaurant just out of shot on the right hand side. Amazing beef in black bean sauce.[/QUOTE]

Naw, that's opposite the 99p store. Was awesome on the way back from school after getting the 307 and waiting for the 329!

Zzoram

zomgbbqftw said:

Ya, every time a riot happens and people loot and get away with it, it only encourages this behavior in the future. Maybe you don't have to throw them all in jail, but charge them so they have a criminal record and give them probation and a fine.

Bleepey

travisbickle said:

I kinda agree with him. Although i am more likely to read the Guardian at times there's a daily mail reader in me who is like: fuck 'em, fuck 'em good, fuck 'em hard, fuck 'em all. Fuck those fucking fucks so fucking hard they won't feel the need to be fucking dickheads.

-viper-

Banned
The Incarnation said:

You know how much it costs to house a prisoner a year, what about the court costs, are they going to pay that as well? What about finding extra police cells?. Not to mention paying for the overtime as well.

Cheaper to shoot on sight.

Zomba13

The Incarnation said:

Yeah. No point punishing criminals is it? Just let them fuck the town up. They'll stop when they get tired and spend all their energy like kids. Let them run about and they'll be in bed by 8 and be asleep all night :).

zomgbbqftw said:

Considering the reason for the riot was partly due to the rioters belief the police acted unjustly in the murder of a local, and also may have been exacerbated by the harsh treatment of a teenage girl by the police at the riot sight, I think police "fucking shit up" may spiral the situation out of control.

-viper-

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Yeah. No point punishing criminals is it? Just let them fuck the town up. They'll stop when they get tired and spend all their energy like kids. Let them run about and they'll be in bed by 8 and be asleep all night :).
werd

zomgbbqftw said:
Naw, that's opposite the 99p store. Was awesome on the way back from school after getting the 307 and waiting for the 329!

Are we talking about the same one? I'm thinking of Kung Fusion. Amazing food, some of the best Chinese food I've ever had.

:D

travisbickle said:
Considering the reason for the riot was partly due to the rioters belief the police acted unjustly in the murder of a local, and also may have been exacerbated by the harsh treatment of a teenage girl by the police at the riot sight, I think police "fucking shit up" may spiral the situation out of control.

The original cause is not the reason for wankers looting in Enfield Town. That 'harsh treatment' was from an anonymous email which is not worth anything. If youth around the city see the police aren't coming down hard on looting it will be open season on all retail sites.

They need to fuck these shits up and come down hard on any follow up riots. Stamp it out, now.

Zomba13 said:

Yeah because that what I said innit!

So I use sarcasm to try and sound smart innit!

Speedymanic said:
Are we talking about the same one? I'm thinking of Kung Fusion. Amazing food, some of the best Chinese food I've ever had.

:D

No, I think we're talking about different places! Never been to Kung Fusion, I'll go there when this dies down!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/07/tottenham-riots-police-duggan-live

The Guardian's crime correspondent, Sandra Laville, reports:

The revelation will fuel the fury in tottenham about the killing of mark duggan by armed officers. It also undermines suggestions that there was an exchange of fire between Duggan and the police before he died.

The bullet which was found lodged in the radio of one of the officers at the scene is still undergoing forensic tests. But reliable sources have said the first ballistics examinations suggested it was a police issue bullet.

These are very distinct as the Metropolitan Police uses dum dum type hollowed out bullets designed not to pass through an object.

The early suggestion from the IPCC was that the Met officers had returned fire after someone in the minicab opened fire. But the result of the ballistics early test suggests both shots fired came from the police.

Figures... The reports that the mob only turned ugly when the riot police ganged up on a 16 year old girl also sound annoyingly plausible.

shuri

Banned
I'll be honest.

They are not rioting for a noble cause. A street thug was killed when he was attacking the authorities. There are consequences for such acts. Since those fools are not peaceful, and are destroying stores, and attacking police cars; they have to be punished until they calm the fuck down.

Violent resistance shall be met with the argumentative strength of an anti-riot baton. As a society, we cannot tolerate savage actions; and sadly, when people to decide to act like enraged dogs, they have to be dealt with in a decisive matter.

zomgbbqftw said:
No, I think we're talking about different places! Never been to Kung Fusion, I'll go there when this dies down!

You totally should. Go either Sunday or Wednesday for the sublime crispy duck or Monday if you want battered chicken.

Zomba13

The Incarnation said:
Yeah because that what I said innit!

So I use sarcasm to try and sound smart innit!
You seemed to be against another posters idea of having these looters locked up, saying that it would cost too much. It implied you'd rather have them on the streets doing this sort of thing than behind bars because of the cost of housing prisoners.

Initial ballistics tests on the bullet that lodged in a police officer's radio when Mark Duggan died on Thursday night show it was a police issue bullet, the Guardian understands.

The revelation will fuel the fury in tottenham about the killing of Mark Duggan by armed officers. It also undermines suggestions that there was an exchange of fire between Duggan and the police before he died.

The bullet which was found lodged in the radio of one of the officers at the scene is still undergoing forensic tests. But reliable sources have said the first ballistics examinations suggested it was a police issue bullet.

These are very distinct as the Metropolitan Police uses dum dum type hollowed out bullets designed not to pass through an object.

The early suggestion from the IPCC was that the Met officers had returned fire after someone in the minicab opened fire. But the result of the ballistics early test suggests both shots fired came from the police.

dc8w2o.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
I was at a party in Oval last night and didn't find out about this until just now. Is there a good timeline of events somewhere so I can catch up on what took place?

Edit: Woops. Found one straight away here

Zomba13 said:
You seemed to be against another posters idea of having these looters locked up, saying that it would cost too much. It implied you'd rather have them on the streets doing this sort of thing than behind bars because of the cost of housing prisoners.

You seemed clairvoyant, so I used an ouiji board to reply back to you.

No point in taking someone seriously when they create an illusion and then feed it words and thoughts! and then start arguing with it.

May as well talk to yourself, pard.

ChiTownBuffalo

I think in non-America World, diesel BMW's are pretty cheap.

Meus Renaissance said:
Initial ballistics tests on the bullet that lodged in a police officer's radio when Mark Duggan died on Thursday night show it was a police issue bullet, the Guardian understands.

The revelation will fuel the fury in tottenham about the killing of Mark Duggan by armed officers. It also undermines suggestions that there was an exchange of fire between Duggan and the police before he died.

dc8w2o.gif

Still, he looks like a thug in certain photographs so police still have a defence for killing him.

The police has some faster cars for exciting car chases. They also have helicopters which are even more expensive but they need them to film the action for the TV police chase shows.

ChiTownBuffalo

Meadows said:
Bollocks, he didn't fire on the officers...could this be London's Rodney King moment?

Is there an oppressed populace there that has been systematically victimized by the police force for decades? If so, then maybe.

Smokydave: It appears our jokes about Burn a Korean Day might come phophetically true in England.

Meus Renaissance said:

What a stupid time to release that information..

Dabanton

travisbickle said:
Still, he looks like a thug in certain photographs so police still have a defence for killing him.

What did i say earlier about the police and media creating a narrative that people who are easily led can believe...

Meus Renaissance said:

dc8w2o.gif

I think we should wait for the final report, initial reports can be misleading, and since this is a leak, it may not be genuine. It wouldn't be the first time the Guardian printed something they didn't have 100%...

Zomba13

The Incarnation said:
You seemed clairvoyant, so I used an ouiji board to reply back to you.

No point in taking someone seriously when they create an illusion and then feed it words and thoughts! and then start arguing with it.

May as well talk to yourself, pard.
I'm sorry if my first reply to you offended you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom