• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

gibon3z said:
Is that a BMW police car :/
Why would they have such an expensive car be a patrol vehicle that is going to get damaged and abused.

because it is a very fast and reliable car.

Speedymanic said:
Hard to rage when there's very little context. She might have forced their hand/goaded them, maybe she threw something, etc.

Or maybe she was just walking home minding her own business and the riot police snapped because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Who can say.

Meadows

Banned
ChiTownBuffalo said:
Is there an oppressed populace there that has been systematically victimized by the police force for decades? If so, then maybe.

Hmm, not nearly as badly as LAPD did to African Americans in LA in the early 90s but there have been increased searches on youths in the area in response to high knife crime rates which rile people up. Still, a lot of these kids are just ravenous, brought up by a single mother who couldn't give a shit and are living off benefits/drug dealing. I believe that the use of firm, fair force, and good communication will end this.

ChiTownBuffalo said:
Smokydave: It appears our jokes about Burn a Korean Day might come phophetically true in England.

I don't know if this is a joke that went over my head but I know there was a lot of friction between Korean-Americans and African-Americans around that time and place in the US, but there isn't a similar amount of friction in London, partly because ethnic relations are better, partly because there are about 4 Koreans in the UK.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
gibon3z said:
Is that a BMW police car :/
Why would they have such an expensive car be a patrol vehicle that is going to get damaged and abused.
At those tax rates why have something cheap and practical when you can go first class?

Meadows

Banned
ITS A FACKIN GARL

ITS A FACKIN GARL

Yeah, she shouldn't have thrown shit or whatever she did. I refuse to believe the police would attack someone for no reason.

Meadows said:
ITS A FACKIN GARL

ITS A FACKIN GARL

Yeah, she shouldn't have thrown shit or whatever she did. I refuse to believe the police would attack someone for no reason.

Indeed. Also the video is very inconclusive as to whether it actually is a girl. I couldn't make anything out from it.

Also, there would be aftermath pictures of a sorely beaten/bruised girl all over the Guardian by now if it were true.

zomgbbqftw said:
Indeed. Also the video is very inconclusive as to whether it actually is a girl. I couldn't make anything out from it.

The only thing I got from that video is that, apparently, "GEERWLS" are immune to the law.

zomgbbqftw said:

Why don't you believe the witness who was at the scene shouting that it was a girl?

Meadows said:
It was a little nod to the Tomlinson killing for comic effect yeah but to be honest she probably did something to deserve it.

Can we have a list of things people deserve getting beaten up by the police for?

zomgbbqftw said:

Also, there would be aftermath pictures of a sorely beaten/bruised girl all over the Guardian by now if it were true.

Pretty much, the only aftermath pics I've come across are of a guy who had his head smashed in by what could be flying debris or cops...(I'm going with flying debris)

I'm sure more will come to light tomorrow/over the course of the next few days, but I fully expect that girl was just arrested.

Speedymanic said:
You totally should. Go either Sunday or Wednesday for the sublime crispy duck or Monday if you want battered chicken.

Maybe I'll get out at Enfield Chase on Wed and go for some Duck! Wonder if I need an Oyster extension for the day, I only have a Zone 1-4 because I live in Winchmore Hill...

Meadows

Banned
travis and zomg chill out a little, it's obvious travis goes looting and is probably on benefits and zomg wants them all put in concentration camps as part of his far right Reich but we just need to relax and take some time to absorb the situation.

travisbickle said:
Why don't you believe the witness who was at the scene shouting that it was a girl?

The video was very unclear, and I can't imagine the person shooting had a very good vantage point.

I'll believe it when I see some aftermath pics, they should be all over the Guardian and BBC by now...

Meadows said:
travis and zomg chill out a little, it's obvious travis goes looting and is probably on benefits and zomg wants them all put in concentration camps as part of his far right Reich but we just need to relax and take some time to absorb the situation.

You don't live in Enfield... D:

seriously, I've never been scared living here for 24 years, this is a first D:

ayeorkean

Andrex said:
2LIKi.jpg

WOW?

-viper-

Banned
Phonomezer said:
The only thing I got from that video is that, apparently, "GEERWLS" are immune to the law.
She threw bricks at the police apparently.

Deserves to get beat.

It doesn't matter if she is a girl or boy. Throw shit at the police and you'll get punished.

From a former NI police officer:

"Rules of engagement are clear, if someone pulls a firearm, or that perceived to be a firearm and thus endangers life, they can be shot and no court is going to convict the cops."

I don't want to link it because he doesn't like being noticed.

Lireu77 said:
Looks like Amy Winehouse's Back to Black.

Cher Lloyd, some X-Factor bint.

snap0212

So being attacked by a group of people is worse if you're a girl? Okay.

Police should never be allowed to beat someone up. They should be allowed to arrest people and should be allowed to what's really necessary to arrest them. Nothing else. If they do not know how to arrest someone without beating him/her up, they're just bad cops and should be fired.

-viper-

Banned
snap0212 said:
So being attacked by a group of people is worse if you're a girl? Okay.

Police should never be allowed to beat someone up. They should be allowed to arrest people and should be allowed to what's really necessary to arrest them. Nothing else. If they do not know how to arrest someone without beating him/her up, they're just bad cops and should be fired.
It's called self defense.

moramo

Banned
when i see these pics. i remembered our egyptian revolution
can i ask a Question what is the demands of protesters?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Meadows said:
I don't know if this is a joke that went over my head but I know there was a lot of friction between Korean-Americans and African-Americans around that time and place in the US, but there isn't a similar amount of friction in London, partly because ethnic relations are better, partly because there are about 4 Koreans in the UK.

This is a joke. When crazy American theo-nut wanted Burn a Koran Day. Smokydave and I were joking about how we had both read it as Burn a Korean Day. The Rodney King comparison brought up that Korean businesses were targeted and burned in the post-verdict rioting.

-viper-

Banned
The london riots are NOTHING to do with how the police are behaving.

It's more about looting businesses and shops. They're a bunch of fucking tramps.

Meadows said:
travis and zomg chill out a little...

zomg's GAF persona is like a parody of a right-winger, even to the point of taking a cheeky stab at The Guardian in this very thread. I cannot believe he can keep that pretense up in real life or someone would punch him in the face so I just rib him for it online and he can keep going with his right-wing rhetoric and he loves it, don't you zomg?

If she's like some of the girls I've seen show hype in corner stores against men twice their size, then I fully support the police action. Some of these girls are more aggressive and give you more lip than the males, so no, they're not 'just girls'

travisbickle said:
zomg's GAF persona is like a parody of a right-winger, even to the point of taking a cheeky stab at The Guardian in this very thread. I cannot believe he can keep that pretense up in real life or someone would punch him in the face so I just rib him for it online and he can keep going with his right-wing rhetoric and he loves it, don't you zomg?

Dude, I wouldn't know what to do without you! Better not get banned... D:

Meadows

Banned
travisbickle said:

DIFFERENCE IN OPINION *flashing lights*

-viper-

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
If she's like some of the girls I've seen show hype in corner stores against men twice their size, then I fully support the police action. Some of these girls are more aggressive and give you more lip than the males, so no, they're not 'just girls'
I sometimes see girls like this on the london underground. They're so big is that they may as well be men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom