• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lpo0f0nEk91r1pwklo1_400.jpg

I have to admit something about this made me start laughing.

Raxus

Mr. Sam said:
Leaving work early because they're apparently going to close the train station down. See you all on the other side.
Be safe.

The riots are getting deadly apparently.

1548:

Scotland Yard releases more information on the death of a 26-year-old man found shot in the head in Croydon last night. It statement says initial inquiries indicated the man had travelled to the area with friends. "It is believed the group became involved in an altercation with a group of approximately nine individuals. This altercation culminated in a vehicle pursuit involving three vehicles which commenced in Scarbrook Road, Croydon, passing along the A232 flyover into Duppas Hill Road where the victim was shot."

Keep safe tonight London-Gaf

killer_clank said:
man scotland is looking by far the best part of the UK now (not that it wasn't already). it's sunny, there's no riots and less spending cuts!

Hey man, I'm having a lovely day in sunny Wales too.

Diablos54

Yami said:
Keep us updated, I'm just hearing things from friends on facebook at the moment. :/
I will, if I hear anything about Uxbridge on the news I'm heading straight there. I'm from Croydon and I missed it all last night as well...

Diablos54 said:
I will, if I hear anything about Uxbridge on the news I'm heading straight there. I'm from Croydon and I missed it all last night as well...

Erm, I might be missing something but why would you want to be there if it's a targeted area? :-/

Diablos54

KungFuBill said:
Erm, I might be missing something but why would you want to be there if it's a targeted area? :-/
Just to see first hand what's going on, this isn't exactly something that happenes every often.

ShogunX

Trouble brewing in Liverpool as well now FFS. All the shops are closing early in the city center and there has already been a few outbreaks of shite throughout the day.

Edit - Have these two fucking idiots been posted yet? Listen to them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Diablos54 said:
Just to see first hand what's going on, this isn't exactly something that happenes every often.

Not a good survival instinct! Try to be safe, eh?

KingDizzi

Banned
Watching the news right now and seeing the police pushing the chav, they really want to use force don't they but sadly have to restrain themselves. Here's to hoping they get the power today to use force because if that happens, these kids will most definitely not do what they did yesterday night. All the shops where I live in Ealing have already been closed, some boarded up.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
1548: Scotland Yard releases more information on the death of a 26-year-old man found shot in the head in Croydon last night. It statement says initial inquiries indicated the man had travelled to the area with friends. "It is believed the group became involved in an altercation with a group of approximately nine individuals. This altercation culminated in a vehicle pursuit involving three vehicles which commenced in Scarbrook Road, Croydon, passing along the A232 flyover into Duppas Hill Road where the victim was shot."

Damn :(

Casp0r

Banned
Diablos54 said:

You fucking idiot. You're part of the problem.

If the police have stressed one point enough it's that they don't want spectators. You're filling the streets and making their job harder to do.

If you go out there, the blood is on your hands as well. Even if you just want to watch. You're getting in the way. Stay at home and watch it on the news, let the police do their job.

If you do go out there, I hope you get shot in the head with a baton round.

Agalloch

Like 2-3 days ago, I went out for a walk, and I see, in a square of my city, the British prime minister who ate in a restaurant in the piazza! I think It should return home!

Ponti

Agalloch said:
Like 2-3 days ago, I went out for a walk, and I see, in a square of my city, the British prime minister who ate in a restaurant in the piazza! I think It should return home!
It did.

Diablos54

Casp0r said:
You fucking idiot. You're part of the problem.

If the police have stressed one point enough it's that they don't want spectators. You're filling the streets and making their job harder to do.

If you go out there, the blood is on your hands as well. Even if you just want to watch. You're getting in the way. Stay at home and watch it on the news, let the police do their job.

If you do go out there, I hope you get shot in the head with a baton round.
Ooo, nice. Yea, how dare I want to see if my community's being protected. I'm such a killer for wanting to have a quick little look! I might as well just kill myself now, eh?

As an American who can't appreciate buildings hundreds of years old like Europeans can, it makes me angry to see these gorgeous structures destroyed for no reason. You can't rebuild history. When they're gone, they're gone. A replication just isn't the same. A shame really.

SmokyDave

Diablos54 said:
Ooo, nice. Yea, how dare I want to see if my community's being protected. I'm such a killer for wanting to have a quick little look! I might as well just kill myself now, eh?
Just don't do it. You've nothing positive to add to the situation and your presence alone will make it worse.

Wind your neck in.

Casp0r

Banned
Diablos54 said:

Part of the reason why the police haven't stopped these riots in the first place is because the streets are rammed with 'spectators' like yourself, getting in their way.

Unless you fancy going out there with a bat and attacking the rioters, stay at home. You'll just get in the way.

Police birds in the sky over Salford atm. I've not been for a walk down to look yet but the GMP are saying that the rumours that Salford shopping precinct being under threat are false. It could very well just be a scare tactic but then again, I'll report back later and tell you all what I saw
and looted jk

Diablos54

Casp0r said:
Unless you fancy going out there with a bat and attacking the rioters, stay at home. You'll just get in the way.
Well... That does sounds appealing. :p

Things were fine a few hours ago, and nothings happened the past few nights, so hopefully it stays like that. People are flooding out so I hope it'll be fine.

Mr. Sam said:
Leaving work early because they're apparently going to close the train station down. See you all on the other side.

Wheres that mate? London?

I'm travelling from Blackburn to Birmingham for a meeting tomorrow but may sack it off if theres a chance of anything being shut down

Casp0r

Banned
Diablos54 said:
Well... That does sounds appealing. :p

Things were fine a few hours ago, and nothings happened the past few nights, so hopefully it stays like that. People are flooding out so I hope it'll be fine.

If you do go out, take something to cripple/kill any rioters you run into. Then string them up by the neck and leave a sign round them saying 'I looted'. That should keep your community safe.

skybaby

As Boris said on the bbc feed, you have no idea what kind of privileges you have living in a place like london. Then you go out and burn it down. Retards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom