• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

moramo

Banned
i am just kidding
don't be very serious
this shit was happened in egypt as well
some people love chaos to do what they want and in the end they will lose , don't worry

Ask the experimenter :D

zomgbbqftw said:
Dude, I wouldn't know what to do without you! Better not get banned... D:

It's a shame politics is such a slow burner, we won't be able to see the effects of the current government policies till a year or so down the line.

At least with quick events like this you can bring out all the conservative cliches in quick succession and get that pent up anger towards the "other" off your chest, and I can feign shock at someone so young having the same view as my mate's bitter dad.

moramo

Banned
Meadows said:
commas, work like this , not like this.

I know English isn't your first language so I'm not trying to embarrass you, just trying to help.

i don't understand you but thanks :)

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
BREAKING: Serious clashes now in #Enfield. Around 200 teens broke into jewellery store. Police dogs and baton attacks.

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Sustained and chaotic baton charges by police with dogs. Around 20 dog handlers. #Enfield

Fuck this shit.

travisbickle said:
It's a shame politics is such a slow burner, we won't be able to see the effects of the current government policies till a year or so down the line.

At least with quick events like this you can bring out all the conservative cliches in quick succession and get that pent up anger towards the "other" off your chest, and I can feign shock at someone so young having the same view as my mate's bitter dad.

Meh, we can already see some effects, like lowered interest rates for bonds, but other than that sure, it will be difficult to tell until 2013-14.

Zero tolerance dude. I want that super cop from New York to come and fix London. Would fap for days.

Meadows

Banned
moramo said:
i don't understand you but thanks :)

Commas (,) work like this:

Hi, nice to meet you.

They DON'T work like this:

Hi , nice to meet you.

There is no space before a comma (,).

zomgbbqftw said:
Looks like the Enfield Town HMV to me, not been to the Wood Green one in a while, but it was smaller last time I went.

What's the display right at the very back?

he's right (someone must have confused the two), this is the Enfield store...

OqZRD.png

Esiquio

A family friend of Duggan, who gave her name as Nikki, said that the dead man's friends and relatives had organised the protest to demand "justice for the family".

"They're making their presence known because people are not happy," she said. "This guy was not violent. Yes, he was involved in things, but he was not an aggressive person."

WTF.

Shooting-in-Tottenham-Hal-001.jpg

That family should be sued or prosecuted, or both.

Speedymanic said:
he's right (someone must have confused the two), this is the Enfield store...

OqZRD.png

Yeah, that looks like the Enfield Town store. Smashed to bits. I imagine a lot of stuff got stolen, cardboard isn't really very looter proof...

moramo

Banned
Meadows said:
Commas (,) work like this:

Hi, nice to meet you.

They DON'T work like this:

Hi , nice to meet you.

There is no space before a comma (,).
i understand now
good tip, thank you

-viper-

Banned
Esiquio said:
WTF.

Shooting-in-Tottenham-Hal-001.jpg

That family should be sued or prosecuted, or both.
Of course a 'family friend' is going to say he isn't violent. Who the fuck is violent to their families and friends?

Esiquio said:
WTF.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/8/7/1312710987186/Shooting-in-Tottenham-Hal-001.jpg[IMG]

That family should be sued or prosecuted, or both.[/QUOTE]

They organised a peaceful protest/march earlier in the day that occurred with no problems, it was later hijacked by those looking to cause trouble.

[QUOTE=zomgbbqftw]Yeah, that looks like the Enfield Town store. Smashed to bits. I imagine a lot of stuff got stolen, cardboard isn't really very looter proof...[/QUOTE]

Indeed. :/

At least the cops are now on the scene, reports are they responded to a jewellery shop looting within the minute.

[QUOTE]Police reacted in less than a minute to jewellery store being ransacked. Bystanders and press were struck with batons. #Enfield[/QUOTE]

Esiquio said:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/8/7/1312734448105/Aaron-Biber-89-assesses-t-006.jpg[/ IMG]

[IMG]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/8/7/1312710995271/A-woman-and-her-child-wal-008.jpg[/ IMG]

Rioters are human garbage.[/QUOTE]

Fuck man, what did that barber do to anyone? These guys suck.

Meadows

Banned
Hopefully we'll have a HARD crackdown by the police. This shit needs containing and it needs containing quickly. This isn't a political riot, this is mass public disorder.

I'm sorry, but if these were Asians we'd be talking about integration again and multiculturalism failing. Black crime is well known in London but not seen a single mention of that here. What, we're PC when it comes to the black community and when it comes to others decry the PC liberal media for not calling out the real problems

Meadows

Banned
Back when I was in the scouts (about 13 y.o. or something) one of my scout masters was a police officer for Greater Manchester Police and he was in the riot control squad in Oldham when it all flared up there.

He said it was the most terrifying moment of his life, I can definitely feel for the officers.

Meadows

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
I'm sorry, but if these were Asians we'd be talking about integration again and multiculturalism failing. Black crime is well known in London but not seen a single mention of that here. What, we're PC when it comes to the black community and when it comes to others decry the PC liberal media for not calling out the real problems

...what the fuck, they're not all black? It seems to be a mix of black, white and asian, more of a class (underclass) thing than a race or community issue.

Meadows said:
...what the fuck, they're not all black? It seems to be a mix of black, white and asian, more of a class (underclass) thing than a race or community issue.

Indeed. It's underclass and benefit dependency, nothing to do with race.

Speedymanic said:

^All I could see was BAGPUSS! ; )

Speedymanic said:
Uh oh, looks like it's reached Brixton,

http://lockerz.com/s/127521199

I don't think so, just security at a street festival, though I guess they upped the number of cops because of the riots last night.

... in Brixton, where there was unconfirmed rumours of disturbances earlier.

... there are thousands of people on the streets, many of whom have been attending the Brixton 'Splash' festival.

Matt adds that police have told him there was some minor trouble earlier. There is a reasonably strong police presence.
Source

BluWacky

Meus Renaissance said:

I didn't even realise this was an exclusively black riot. Is it? The shots I've seen were of white teenagers in balaclavas. I didn't even realise the dead man was black...

Hope the rest of London-GAF isn't affected. I feel very cocooned in safe old Ealing this evening...

cajunator said:
Why are call these riots happening all of a sudden? I know they've happened before but surely not this common?

Bandwagon jumpers. The student fees protest was an excuse; the shooting of this man was another one. This doesn't feel to me like the rioting of a disenfranchised people; this is the rioting of people who like to sit shit up and have an excuse to do so.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I am eagerly awaiting misguided British youths to fling tea bags into harbors, but know full well the type of kids who like to riot, don't like to read history.

justjohn

Meus Renaissance said:
Shut up. Go watch the footage again and see the various races involved in this. You should be glad someone is at least taking the heat of Asians/Muslims for once. Hehehe

besiktas1 said:
Fucking he'll it's kicking off somewhere big time. Counted 11 vans zooming down the road!

Where are you?

A bunch of riot vans are heading to Enfield retail park as they looters have moved there now.

leadbelly

Banned
BluWacky said:
I didn't even realise this was an exclusively black riot. Is it? The shots I've seen were of white teenagers in balaclavas. I didn't even realise the dead man was black...

Yep. That's what I saw too. It's very much a mix of people.

Osietra

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
It is mostly angry black kids. And its jjust log fuel on the race war pyre.

Meadows

Banned
Meus seems to have a problem with much of the Caribbean community in London, odd considering he cries prejudice at any point when people mention the South Asian population or Islam in a negative light.

Lakitu

st5fu
This is just madness.

Everything feels so weird seeing all the shops that I've been to being destroyed. I went to that HMV in Enfield Town just the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom