• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meadows said:
...what the fuck, they're not all black? It seems to be a mix of black, white and asian, more of a class (underclass) thing than a race or community issue.

The impression, from the footages and images shown, is that the majority of them are black - which in itself has already led to some comments aired on Twitter and some message-boards about blacks and multiculturalism. But my opinion? Even if they were all black, it wouldn't matter. Rioting/criminality has nothing to do with race.

Manager

besiktas1 said:
Fucking he'll it's kicking off somewhere big time. Counted 11 vans zooming down the road!

zomgbbqftw said:
Where are you?

A bunch of riot vans are heading to Enfield retail park as they looters have moved there now.

More about it:
Serious clashes now in Enfield. Around 200 teens broke into jewellery store. Police dogs and baton attacks

#Enfield resident tells me police told him his street would be "the frontline" at 2pm

http://twitter.com/PaulLewis

jsicv.jpg

Live blog:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/07/tottenham-riots-police-duggan-live

leadbelly

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
The impression, from the footages and images shown, is that the majority of them are black - which in itself has already led to some comments aired on Twitter and some message-boards about blacks and multiculturalism. But my opinion? Even if they were all black, it wouldn't matter. Rioting/criminality has nothing to do with race.

No. In the footage shown it that link there is a few black kids and a few white kids smashing up the car. It's not that easy to notice but if you look carefully you'll see.

leadbelly said:
No. In the footage shown it that link there is a few black kids and a few white kids smashing up the car. It's not that easy to notice but if you look carefully you'll see.

You can only comment on the footage(s) you've seen and vice versa - but I'm not talking about individual impressions but rather that there seems to be an impression (amongst a group of people) that the majority of these are blacks rioting and looting. What gave them that impression? Things they've read? Things they've seen? Either way, they're blaming it on multiculturalism. I was wrong to think they wouldn't date in fear of being accused of racism.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Woah, what the hell is going on in London?

First I'm hearing of any of this.

Today it seems like almost all the news is about people protesting/rioting somewhere in the world.

snap0212

cajunator said:
Problems like this started when parents stopped beating their kids.
Parents who beat their kids to make them behave are just too lazy to go the more complicated (but proven to be) better route.

Meus Renaissance said:
You can only comment on the footage(s) you've seen and vice versa - but I'm not talking about individual impressions but rather that there seems to be an impression (amongst a group of people) that the majority of these are blacks rioting and looting. What gave them that impression? Things they've read? Things they've seen? Either way, they're blaming it on multiculturalism. I was wrong to think they wouldn't date in fear of being accused of racism.

I haven't heard that yet, and I read some pretty right wing blogs. Most people are putting it down to benefit dependency and thuggery.

zomgbbqftw said:
I haven't heard that yet, and I read some pretty right wing blogs. Most people are putting it down to benefit dependency and thuggery.

I've been reading it since last night. Read the telegraph link. The highest rated comments are of this nature

ij82j4.JPG

ijCQWa.JPG

The rioters seem to be mainly black , so yes its a race thing. Blacks seem to make a habit of rioting. Still, they are renowned for criminality. Thats why they are a disproportionate amount of the prison population. They seem to be similar wherever they are.

Recommended by 44 people

Tottenham, is that a suburb of Mogadishu.

Recommended by 130 people

A past great politician, Enoch Powell said, unless immigration was addressed, the streets of Britain would run with blood. Oh how right he was. For the past 30 years there have been serious riots in cities across Britain. If you check the majority of the rioters, hooligans, they obviously not of original British descent. Fools talking about the frustration of the youth, cant read or write, that is not the Governments fault. Schools are open across the country. It is lack of discipline in such institutions. It is probably too late to act on Enochs problem solving, what has been sewn is now being reaped. As soon as an immigrant transgresses get shut. Brits, read original stck, who step out of line, whack them so hard they'll never stray again.

Recommended by 94 people

Prepare yourselves for months of rioting all across the country.

Blame third world immigration of blacks and muslims.

Blame the police for their politically correct ways - hiding and ignoring ethnic crime and hunting down any one who dares to say anything that is not deemed acceptable by the pc brigade.

Maybe if there is enough chaos people will wake up to reality.

Maybe if the police get a big enough beating they'll remember who they should really be serving and where their loyalty should lie. They are largely responsible for the situation in Tottenham and our inner cities with their lame pandering to the minorities.

Recommended by 79 people

Same story on some of the forums I've visited.

Wazzim

Banned
This is just terrible, who the hell do those people think they are? Clearly involved in criminal stuff and still angry because the police takes some action against them? I hope the british police has some hard actions ready for these kind of people.

Chittagong

Gold Member
While not a conclusive overview of the ethnic origin and demographic of the rioters, it's the best I have seen so far

article-2023254-0D54E8E800000578-345_964x554.jpg

Meus Renaissance said:
I've been reading it since last night. Read the telegraph link. The highest rated comments are of this nature

http://k.min.us/ijCQWa.JPG[/ IMG]
[IMG]http://k.min.us/ij82j4.JPG[/ IMG]

Same story on some of the forums I've visited.[/QUOTE]

Telegraph blogs don't have an active moderation policy so they have been targeted by the BNP. I am certain that opinion isn't shared by the majority of people, despite the 'recommended' ratings.

cajunator

Banned
snap0212 said:
Parents who beat their kids to make them behave are just too lazy to go the more complicated (but proven to be) better route.
Nah, beating them (I don't mean like abuse, but spanking/whipping) seems to work pretty well. It kept me and my brother out of trouble for sure. It does work. Maybe it doesn't work with every kid, but it does work a lot of times.

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
#Enfield Tesco Extra store has been looted. Workers tell me looters stormed in, stealing TVs and alcohol. Two people in cuffs.

Idiots.

snap0212

cajunator said:
Nah, beating them (I don't mean like abuse, but spanking/whipping) seems to work pretty well. It kept me and my brother out of trouble for sure. It does work. Maybe it doesn't work with every kid, but it does work a lot of times.
It does work (and has bad side effects), but it's not necessary and is only used by people who don't know better or are too lazy to do additional work. There's not a single situation in which it's necessary to beat/spank/whip your kid.

edit: Don't want to derail this Thread. Sorry. :)

zomgbbqftw said:
Telegraph blogs don't have an active moderation policy so they have been targeted by the BNP. I am certain that opinion isn't shared by the majority of people, despite the 'recommended' ratings.

I don't know how mainstream they are, but I've come across these type of views from those not associated with far right groups like the BNP

besiktas1

Finally by a pc so can write a longish post on my opinions on this...

This has nothing to do with that drug dealer who was shot. This is just opportunist thieves and youngster with an excuse to steal and brag about doing stupid shit.

Just about 5 minutes ago I was up on Essex road sorting something out for one of our tennants and 11 big police transporters zoomed passed. In my twenty five years of living in north london it is the first time I've seen anything like it. Me and my brother were truly shocked. Wowed.

My brother got a phone call from his work colleague who lives in Enfield. There are people driving down to his road. Parking up. Putting on a goody and scarf. Obviously going to go try their luck for a second day to steal. He said this is going on in all the backstreets. They have locked themselves in.

What we can gather from this is people are driving down to steal. Most likely from Tottenham but you'd be a fool to think it's only from there. Young people are planning which shops they will hit.

To reitterate what I've posted all day though.

Tottenham is the anus of North London, and Finsbury park is it's hemroid

leadbelly

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:

I could not find the impressions you are referring to.

pictures of the riot. I see white people actively involved in it in these pictures.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14434552

quaere

zomgbbqftw said:
The BNP sure is busy then. I've seen similar comments voted up on every newspaper site I read and I'm American.

I think GAF is one of the few places on the web where it is unacceptable to say not all cultures are equal.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
aswedc said:
The BNP sure is busy then. I've seen similar comments voted up on every newspaper site I read and I'm American.

I think GAF is one of the few places on the web where it is unacceptable to say not all cultures are equal.
Ignorance is not a culture. It's a social problem.

ZZMitch

This seems very similar to the Vancouver Riots... just larger. Some people just look for a reason to do stupid shit.

aswedc said:

I don't mind people saying that in general. But when they cite universal issues like crime as evidence for why one group/culture is inferior, it really grinds my gears. We had one thread last week on GAF with the title North African rapes girl. Nonsense like that bothers me.

Chittagong

Gold Member
cajunator said:
Are people really still trying to pigeonhole riots into a racial thing?

I don't think so. In London we have white chav gangs. Bangladeshi gangs. Black gangs. The unifying factor is age and wealth, rather than ethnic origin. In other words, they are all the lowest of low filth of the city, fuckers who never intend working and live through crime, cause havoc.

That said, the gangs involved in this specific case are predominantly black. Which is not to say the other gangs would be incapable of doing the same.

Meus Renaissance said:
I didn't say dispute there were non-blacks involved, but rather that there is an impression held by many that most of the rioters are black.

It's not really fair since I think black people make up more than 50% of the Tottenham population. It's only natural that they would also make up most of the rioters...

zomgbbqftw said:
It's not really fair since I think black people make up more than 50% of the Tottenham population. It's only natural that they would also make up most of the rioters...

Right, you didn't hear any of this a few months ago with the riots following the tuition fee rise.

Meus Renaissance said:
Right, you didn't hear any of this a few months ago with the riots following the tuition fee rise.

Really? Most of the damage was done by UK Uncut which is an anarchist group made up of middle class trustafarians.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Chittagong said:
While not a conclusive overview of the ethnic origin and demographic of the rioters, it's the best I have seen so far

article-2023254-0D54E8E800000578-345_964x554.jpg

Hey it's Kanye West second from right.

ilPkGQ.jpg

Rumoured to be Nandos on fire

zomgbbqftw said:
Really? Most of the damage was done by UK Uncut which is an anarchist group made up of middle class trustafarians.

I meant race or inferior/incompatible cultures being brought into the debate.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
zomgbbqftw said:

Their name makes it seem like they are an anti-circumcision group.

Meus Renaissance said:
ilPkGQ.jpg

Rumoured to be Nandos on fire

I meant race or inferior/incompatible cultures being brought into the debate.

Where? In Enfield? There isn't a Nandos in Enfield.

I don't remember race being brought up then either, only how the protests were hijacked by those anarchist wankers.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Do you people now understand what the end result of Nationalized health care is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom