• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

I guess this is my chance to ask about the geography of mainland England. So are places like Manchester, Tottenham, Southhampton, etc. just parts of a London Metropolitan area, or outside of London entirely? I really have almost no familiarity with English geography at all other than Scotland is in the north and Ireland is that little island just to the west.

Dakota47

D4Danger said:
BBC 2247: In Manchester, a recently opened fashion boutique in King Street owned by former Oasis singer Liam Gallagher has been hit by looters.

1BRG5.jpg

lol yeah, best news of the day so far.

KingDizzi

Banned
There is no way tonight will match yesterday, most of the shops have already been looted. Could be new cities tonight though, maybe Cardiff or Newcastle.

RedSwirl said:
I guess this is my chance to ask about the geography of mainland England. So are places like Manchester, Tottenham, Southhampton, etc. just parts of a London Metropolitan area, or outside of London entirely? I really have almost no familiarity with English geography at all other than Scotland is in the north and Ireland is that little island just to the west.
Manchester is nowhere near London, other side of England

Sennorin

Banned
RedSwirl said:

Manchester is a different city in England, Tottenham is a part of London.

CozMick said:
"16,000 police officers on the streets of London tonight!"

DOING ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL!

Way to go Prime Minister.

Wait so if stuff happens its all due to the police, but if nothing does it's not?

Mastadon

Banned
RedSwirl said:

Tottenham is a London Borough. Southampton is a city on the south coast of England and Manchester is in the North West of England. Both are way outside of London.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
CozMick said:

this is the highlight of all this

:lol

Ponti

RedSwirl said:
Manchester and Southampton are cities, Tottenham is an area of London. Google Maps will help you out with geographical locations.

I find it hard believing that you didn't know Manchester is a separate city though, it's a fairly well known place :|

Biggzy

RedSwirl said:

Lol oh dear. Tottenham is a burrough in London, Southampton is on the south coast of the UK and Manchester is up in the North of England, miles away from London.

ATF487

RedSwirl said:

You can't take 2 seconds and find a map?

Funky Papa said:
Bleeding heart hournalists are already making excuses to justify the chav scum.

Trying to understand why a group in society thinks it can/should get away with mass looting & criminal damage is hardly making excuses(although I'm sure there will be journalists that will go to far), & to be fair I find it a better response than "string them up".

These events, combined with the stories I've heard about people not being able to do anything about squatters on their own property, makes me think that the UK is way too liberal when it comes to punishing criminals.

These fuckers should be getting shot en masse. They aren't protestors. They have no message. They just want free shit. They are terrorists. They are declaring war on their fellow citizens and they need to be put down in my opinion.

No, they need to be arrested & charged, if more people had have been over the weekend there would be far less trouble now.

CozMick said:

Just heard about 10 police cars/vans go down Green Lanes. Still time for action.

Anyway, I think the reason it has been so calm in London compared to last night is the heavy police presence in the city. Even if they are standing around doing sweet fa, just being there seems to be a deterrent.

Sonki.

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
Well when you grow up with these fucking scum bags in your neighbourhood you might be able to relate, they deserve no compassion at all, they are the lowest form of pond life in society.

I don't want to get in a heated debate because frankly - I don't know.

But if you have ever met these people outside of 'society' or your 'neighbourhood', maybe you'd have a little more compassion for them. Maybe not compassion, but some sort of understanding - whether you agree with them or not.

Lakitu

st5fu
Sonki. said:

But if you have ever met these people outside of 'society' or your 'neighbourhood', maybe you'd have a little more compassion for them. Maybe not compassion, but some sort of understanding - whether you agree with them or not.

They'd probably rob me.

Biggzy said:
Lol oh dear. Tottenham is a burrough in London, Southampton is on the south coast of the UK and Manchester is up in the North of England, miles away from London.

Tottenham is a town, not a borough.

Sonki. said:

I have to disagree.

They genuinely are vermin that feel that they should be spoon fed everything and feel like they are entitled to everything without lifting a finger.

There should be a mass culling.

Ponti

Sonki. said:
Maybe not compassion, but some sort of understanding - whether you agree with them or not.
I think you mean misunderstanding. These people really are scum, there is no deeper rooted reason for what they are doing. Whatever excuse they can come up with it just smoke and mirrors. They just don't give a fuck about anyone, plain and simple, nothing else to it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
loving the facebook pages cropping up

"Looting for some new Tracksuit bottoms for your appearance on Jeremy Kyle"

Sonki. said:

They lose any sort of compassion or reasonable doubt from me the moment they start looting fucking charity shops. They are scum. SCUM.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guerrillas in the Mist said:
FFS, Harriet Harman using this to try and score political points. I don't usually like Michael Gove, but he's right here.

I can't stand Harman.

I'm sure if you threw water on her she'd melt.

Sonki. said:

It's best to not meet them unless you fancy getting stabbed, mugged or shot.

Utako

Banned
delta25 said:
How can one fucking thug getting shot cause an entire country to go up in flames.

This is beyond retarded
The entire world went to war over one fucking duke. But we all know the duke was unimportant.

So, the real question: how unhappy can a populace be to set their own country on fire for any excuse?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ponti said:
I think you mean misunderstanding. These people really are scum, there is no deeper rooted reason for what they are doing. Whatever excuse they can come up with it just smoke and mirrors. They just don't give a fuck about anyone.
I agree with this part. Why do you think they feel that way?

Sonki.

Banned
Dabookerman said:
I have to disagree.

They genuinely are vermin that feel that they should be spoon fed everything and feel like they are entitled to everything without lifting a finger.

There should be a mass culling.

I've never met a person like this in my life. I suppose I don't know much of this situation. Odd how they need to be spoon fed everything - yet they can break into stores, rob and loot.

Some of them are just kids following the crowd.

I know I did some dumb things when I was a kid and looking back I think why did I do that.

Doesnt mean im scum and should be beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom