• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

His loving all this.

XExA3.png

What is it about England that makes it produce so many mindless thugs? Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have no rioting youth problem.

lifa-cobex

Sonki. said:
I don't want to get in a heated debate because frankly - I don't know.

But if you have ever met these people outside of 'society' or your 'neighbourhood', maybe you'd have a little more compassion for them. Maybe not compassion, but some sort of understanding - whether you agree with them or not.

I'v met these people before. I was repeatedly hit in the face with a football boot on his hand. He was nice about it though, He was laughing after.
This was because I was sat on HIS swing in the park and i didn't move quick enough.
I should have seen it his way really.

A friend of mine met some of these people too outside a club. She beaten up because she had a Mohawk and they thought it looked shit. She now has stitches in her head.
Guess that was her fault for having wrong tastes.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
group on Facebook called Call Of Duty: London Warfare lol

THE:MILKMAN

Grover Cleveland said:
Are they looting or are they trying to escape/leave?

It doesn't sound like it:

"The youths here have ranged fro 7 to 19. Groups trying it on met with calls of "get back!" by @leicspolice."

Hoping it's a typo.

#londonriots stabbing that cop was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm keeping my bloody hoodie as a souvenir lol

http://twitter.com/#!/Hey__SoulSister

Sonki. said:
I don't want to get in a heated debate because frankly - I don't know.

But if you have ever met these people outside of 'society' or your 'neighbourhood', maybe you'd have a little more compassion for them. Maybe not compassion, but some sort of understanding - whether you agree with them or not.

A lot of the people rioting seem to be doing it for the fun of it. I doubt many of them are doing it out of a legitimate hatred of the Government. The thing is, even the guys that do hate the government dont really have a leg to stand on. This might be totally off base, but these guys have all been provided an education, healthcare, safety, even money. Im not sure what they are complaining about.

I know lifes not as black and white as I might make it sound, and I know there are reasons to hate the government. But these guys dont seem to have those sentiments and I dont know why some of them are making out that they are the little guys finally sticking it to the man. All I see are people who are throwing away chances to make something of themselves. The types of people who aren't working, not because of a lack of jobs, but because of a lack of personal skills, caused by the mentality that they show now which probably led to them not working at School.

I know people who are uneducated but are struggling to learn as adults, or are finding work in areas that suit them - the people who are rioting dont strike me as the type of people who would even go that far.

Bumhead

Banned
jakonovski said:
What is it about England that makes it produce so many mindless thugs? Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have no rioting youth problem.

At least 2 of those 3 countries have pretty major issues themselves.

TwiztidElf

This is what happens when you replace police with security cameras.

I'm sure the cams are getting great footage, but doing fuck all to restore law and order.

Haven't been keeping up with the thread, but I wonder what this does for the Olympics next year?

Sonki.

Banned
lifa-cobex said:
I'v met these people before. I was repeatedly hit in the face with a football boot on his hand. He was nice about it though, He was laughing after.
This was because I was sat on HIS swing in the park and i didn't move quick enough.
I should have seen it his way really.

A friend of mine met some of these people too outside a club. She beaten up because she had a Mohawk and they thought it looked shit. She now has stitches in her head.
Guess that was her fault for having wrong tastes.

Look, I've been jumped before and discriminated against, etc.

I'm just not sure who these guys are. I'm still trying to figure it out. That's why I'm out. PEACE!

Alucrid

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
#londonriots stabbing that cop was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm keeping my bloody hoodie as a souvenir lol

Blood for blood please.

Sonki. said:
Look, I've been jumped before and discriminated against, etc.

I'm just not sure who these guys are. I'm still trying to figure it out. That's why I'm out. PEACE!

u r no pimpwrez

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
SapientWolf said:
I agree with this part. Why do you think they feel that way?

Probably because they have shitty parents and hang out with similarly shitty people.

Mat C said:
At least 2 of those 3 countries have pretty major issues themselves.

Well sure, but rioting youth is what we're dealing with here. Rioters don't just spring forth from the void, there has to be a reason for why this is happening.

Shiloa

Sonki. said:
I've never met a person like this in my life. I suppose I don't know much of this situation. Odd how they need to be spoon fed everything - yet they can break into stores, rob and loot.
Maybe you haven't, but I can assure you they are around and in numbers. I'm as shocked as anyone by what has happened, but not because I didn't think there were people capable, but mostly by the sheer escalation of it all around London and the country. Did you go to a nice school? Were you top set in school? Do you live on an estate? It's easy to miss them if you don't have the time to expose yourself to them. There are areas, particularly in the large cities where places are just full of these scum who have no care for others. They want material gain, they don't work, they don't contribute anything. I've been beaten up, I've had stones thrown at me, my car pelted at. Why? No reason.

jakonovski said:
Well sure, but rioting youth is what we're dealing with here. Rioters don't just spring forth from the void, there has to be a reason for why this is happening.

Youth services being cut in England and ringfenced in Scotland/Wales?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Dabanton said:
His loving all this.

XExA3.png
I am not listening to this twat, why some in the mix may be rascist twats, the weird thing is fans from rival clubs are grouping together to protect the place.... nick griffith can fuck off, I can also smell burning , shit wonder if mottingham is on fire ??

Meus Renaissance said:

She is lapping up the attention. Bizarre.

AngryMoth

I really don't think labelling these people as 'scum', 'yobs', etc is going to do any good. They're clearly anger and disillusioned and we can only hope to increase these feelings if we continue to alienate them further from society. Yes, they're actions are deplorable and we need to put a stop to it as soon as possible, but the government needs realise that this a problem with society, not with the individuals.

Ponti said:
I think you mean misunderstanding. These people really are scum, there is no deeper rooted reason for what they are doing. Whatever excuse they can come up with it just smoke and mirrors. They just don't give a fuck about anyone, plain and simple, nothing else to it.

Probably because nobody gives a fuck about them.

My mother lived in London in the 80s before coming to the US, and I have been talking to her about the riots. She said she isn't surprised it is happening since many of those type of kids are basically forgetten by society with little employment opportunities. They bottle up their angry and sooner or later lash out.

Edit: Not defending them, but just saying. When you feel people don't care about you, it is a natural feeling that you would give a shit about them. Maybe this riot can be a chance to highlight the plight of these youth. Calling them scum from your computer screen really doesn't do much but make the problem worse.

Lakitu

st5fu
Meus Renaissance said:

I'm not believing the authenticity of this.

Honestly, who the fuck is that stupid as to admit something like that on Twitter? Looks like she is just trying to provoke a reaction. Hence the retweeting.

Dachande

Meus Renaissance said:

I think that's a troll/fake. I've noticed a couple of 4chan memes in there ("I'm behind 7 proxies" etc) and I just got a feeling.

Alucrid

Banned
Lakitu said:
I'm not believing the authenticity of this.

Honestly, who the fuck is that stupid as to admit something like that on Twitter? Looks like she is just trying to provoke a reaction. Hence the retweeting.

The same people who post pictures of themselves looting?

Furret

Banned
jakonovski said:

The populations of Scotland, Wales, etc. are less than London alone. So it's not as if they're all on top of each other like they are in England.

But no one's seen rioting like this in London in living memory, it's not like it happens ever week.

ReBurn

Gold Member
tehbible said:
I'm slowly becoming a supporter of Eugenics

http://a.yfrog.com/img616/7526/px8dw.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Reading those tweets made my head hurt. Is that even a language?

Meus Renaissance said:

clearly a troll guys, why else would she retweet abusive tweets

AngryMoth said:
I really don't think labelling these people as 'scum', 'yobs', etc is going to do any good. They're clearly anger and disillusioned and we can only hope to increase these feelings if we continue to alienate them further from society. Yes, they're actions are deplorable and we need to put a stop to it as soon as possible, but the government needs realise that this a problem with society, not with the individuals.

Hugging a hoody does no good. They just take the piss.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Utter morons being interviewed on Sky News, may have been a repeat of something shown earlier.

Young man out on the street with his mates: "Them looters, they're just trying to make money, you know, there's no jobs. I can't get a job or nothing."

It's because you are FUCKING UNEMPLOYABLE. Twat.

Damn the newsagents a few houses away from me just got attacked. Police where on the scene in force though, looked like a good 10 police offices just for one small newsagents lol. Looked like they shoved a few people into a police van. My house is away from shops and generally most places mobs would want to attack so im suprised the newsagents even got hit. Glad the scum got arrested, the guy who owns the place is a good guy.

neutralgamer02 said:
Probably because nobody gives a fuck about them.

My mother lived in London in the 80s before coming to the US, and I have been talking to her about the riots. She said she isn't surprised it is happening since many of those type of kids are basically forgetten by society with little employment opportunities. They bottle up their angry and sooner or later lash out.

Edit: Not defending them, but just saying. When you feel people don't care about you, it is a natural feeling that you would give a shit about them. Maybe this riot can be a chance to highlight the plight of these youth. Calling them scum from your computer screen really doesn't do much but make the problem worse.

No one owes these kids anything. And if it wasn't the school holidays then this wouldn't be happening.

Manik

Sangat TV just pulled over in their car to give a police officer a lift on the way to catch a fleeing looter.

Haha! A real 'follow that man!' moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom