• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| We don't praise the sun around here

Camp Lo

Banned
What the heck do you have to do against these enemies? Shield break doesn't even work, rolling is junk in his game due to the fact that enemies with shields recover from their attacks before your roll is even over. I can steam roll demon's and dark 1&2 but this enemy here is frustrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEaqrU0w_G0&feature=youtu.be

Video should be done processing soon.

I two hand running start heavy attack them because they either do two things, open up for an attack or block. If you get them opening, your attack will cancel theirs out. If they block then you back off. If there's an easier way, I'd love to know because they take a few minutes to drop.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Ricker

Those who didnt like Souls and never finished them ,stay far away from this game...it is not super super easy like some say here...I mean c'mon...PSA done :p

HowZatOZ

Banned
What are people doing who aren't able to boot it to get it to work? I checked the Steam forums and couldn't really find any potential solutions at first glance.
Try changing the settings.ini file in documents>lords of the fallen. That will set the settings manually.

Geez, I struggled with the 2nd boss and now I'm experiencing the same torment with the 3rd. I don't recall having this hard of a time with the first few Dark Souls bosses (well, excluding jackass Capra Demon).

yatesl

I'm really regretting going rogue on character selection. This game seems to be built around "Heaviest armour, heaviest weapon".

I can't even get my combo up on bosses to do a strong attack.

Tak3n

Banned
Geez, I struggled with the 2nd boss and now I'm experiencing the same torment with the 3rd. I don't recall having this hard of a time with the first few Dark Souls bosses (well, excluding jackass Capra Demon).

he owned me so bad as well, so much so I restarted as a heavy character, did not give that monk one of my potions either...

did it first time once all as heavy character

Sothpaw

Getting a bit tired of the enemies who turtle behind shields all day. Still enjoy the game, but the turtling was taken a bit far.

Sothpaw

he owned me so bad as well, so much so I restarted as a heavy character, did not give that monk one of my potions either...

Yea I better get something for giving that fucker a potion. I just thought he would chug one but no he had to take the whole bottle.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
now that I have decided to buy the game tomorrow or friday..is one of the DLC things any good? Like something I really should buy?

I'm really regretting going rogue on character selection. This game seems to be built around "Heaviest armour, heaviest weapon".

did it first time once all as heavy character

Yup, I might just start over as a Warrior or Cleric. Unless you're dual wielding as a rogue you're not going to do much damage. And I've realized I've started leveling stats that would be more beneficial to a heavier character.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
now that I have decided to buy the game tomorrow or friday..is one of the DLC things any good? Like something I really should buy?

There is only one "DLC" and it's unlikely a code will not be in the copy you pick up.

And yes, the forver-and-a-day turtling enemies are fucking annoying.

Seriously, the running and shoulder bash with your shield, knocking a lot of enemies over is a game changer. Wish I knew about that earlier. Doesn't work with some of the bigger dudes but lots of the small fry go down!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wouldn't you turtle behind a shield if an ex-con with a man sized hammer was chasing after you?

RAM breaks through those shields like its nothing, I love that spell

Quesa

Anyone run into an issue where a checkpoint should be working (ie glowing red with no enemies around?) If so, how'd you fix it? I'm at
the part where you betray antanas
and I need to use this thing bad (33k xp). Feels like a reload would fix it but I want to avoid this

Jolkien

Just started the game. Found a breakable wall with a super hard spider on the other side. Managed to take it down just to find a second one guarding item. Pretty hard

rybrad

Just started the game. Found a breakable wall with a super hard spider on the other side. Managed to take it down just to find a second one guarding item. Pretty hard
The good news is that there are are still several more to kill in there.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So it would seem the 3rd Boss has the same issues the 2nd boss had:

I haven't figure out what the hell to do during the seemingly all screen AOE he has, but the only time to get a hit in is when he does an actual melee attack. Can't close in when he's doing any of the specials because you'll either a) get sleeped or b) get hit by the long range AOE.

Oh and invincible coming out of a special attack. Meh.

I haven't figure out what the hell to do during the seemingly all screen AOE he has, but the only time to get a hit in is when he does an actual melee attack. Can't close in when he's doing any of the specials because you'll either a) get sleeped or b) get hit by the long range AOE.

When he stops moving and preps up for that attack. Get underneath the stone structures.

ak1276

Banned

You didn't close the spoiler.

But for that particular attack,
hide in the little gazebo things.

I'd say my bigger issue with that fight is
THE GODDAMN GOLEMS.

rybrad

Oh god. This is better be worth it lol.
I will say that one item in there is for sure worth it, regardless of class or spec. If you figure out how to open that first door after you break the wall let me know. Someone earlier mentioned a key but I used that key elsewhere and still can't sort this out.

I just had the 2nd boss down to 40% - was doing great with full pots left. lordsofthefallen.exe owned me.

Radian8

I'm enjoying it so far on PC. Certainly not the mash X to win super easy game that was being thrown around early on. I thought the second boss was easily on par with Dark souls.

I've gone Cleric and his magic is almost all defense. But I haven't got the hang of it yet. The graphics and sound design are quite stunning, but the Voice Acting is not good.

I'm mixing up my weapons between a Mage Bo and the Butcher Axe and have a mix of armor on to keep my weight low. Finally got a shield with 100% defense which made a huge difference.

But like a lot of you, those huge tower shield knights are giving me grief. I can't seem to break them!

Sanctuary

Haha, wow. So I started out with the "Cleric" class last night, but I used the Deception tree because it looked pretty interesting and soley offensive.

People kept saying that the "Cleric" started with Prayer, but the "Cleric" doesn't. It's just the Solace tree starts with an unlocked Prayer for some reason compared to the other two trees.

And what the fuck? Not only is it ridiculously stronger than the Prayer from the other two trees, the cooldown for it is up by the time the first wears off. It's nothing like that with the other two versions. Even if Solace is supposed to be the more defensive tree, by sheer virtue of the Prayer it has, it's the most offensive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haha, wow. So I started out with the "Cleric" class last night, but I used the Deception tree because it looked pretty interesting and soley offensive.

People kept saying that the "Cleric" started with Prayer, but the "Cleric" doesn't. It's just the Solace tree starts with an unlocked Prayer for some reason compared to the other two trees.

And what the fuck? Not only is it ridiculously stronger than the Prayer from the other two trees, the cooldown for it is up by the time the first wears off. It's nothing like that with the other two versions. Even if Solace is supposed to be the more defensive tree, by sheer virtue of the Prayer it has, it's the most offensive.

the "warrior" prayer is also always up

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What is the framerate on PS4? That's my only concern atm...

Radian8

I've already put 3 points in to Prayer because of how incredibly powerful it is! Great for back stabs and for saving your life if you're stuck in a nasty situation.

Having went Cleric/Solace and trying the other magic branches out yet, it's interesting that you say that the Solace Prayer is far better than the others.

Daze seems to be rather useless, well the slow down portion of it. I haven't seen anything affected by it's 'fear' yet!
Shelter and Punishment i'm not so sure about yet, they have the potential to be amazing. I've got Shelter up to level 2 and it restores health as well as protecting you which is a nice bonus.

Maffis

Disabling nvidia turbulence and vsync really did a great job on improving the framerate and smoothness of the game. don't know if it has solved the crashing since i havent gotten a chance to play so much yet. anyways i cant believe how much power that shit sucks. oh well. i guess i can live without tornado-dust everywhere, even if it looks great. i also turned down graphics to high instead of very high because i only have 2gb of memory on my card, but i also heard that very high textures is causing memory leaks. not sure if its true.

but anyways, the game is running buttery smooth for me now

Anyone putting points into luck? I hate that they tied drop rates to a damn stat.

you get drop rates with your exp multiplier aswell. and since you can grind forever since there is no level cap, it's really not that bad.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fuck it, whatever... I bought it. Hopefully it doesn't run like an old man's piss.

Horp

Played a bit more. Not liking this game. I really wanted to like it. It's just not a polished, consistent game. Could list lots of things but I can't be arsed for now.

Zeliard

Alright, starting this up. I'm going Rogue/Deception due to my traditional preference in these games for nimble characters with quick weapons, and that magic tree also seems interesting.

What I've gathered from discussion and a few vids I've seen is that Rogue is probably the toughest class to start with due to a smaller health bar, less damaging single strikes, and a much stricter focus on roll-dodging for defense, but that all sounds fine to me, provided hitboxes aren't quite as unreasonable as some people claim. Guess I'll soon find out.

Radian8

you get drop rates with your exp multiplier aswell. and since you can grind forever since there is no level cap, it's really not that bad.

I'll have to invest some points in to Luck then! I usually always do in RPG's anyway. Will be nice to get more random solid drops!

Ricker

All that and I was going the wrong way. Can't find Kaslo after beating the second boss.

Not sure I was at the right place either but after the Second Boss...

I went in the big portal crystal that opens up just a little further into the area that opens up after the Boss and the quest for Kaslo changed when I was in there...my game was glitched a lot though so I am not sure thats where you have to go...

I will try this again tonight,hoping all the glitches I had on the PS4 have cleared...

Be sure to leave your impressions!
Yeah will do as someone who played 140 hours of DS1 and 100 of DS2 and about 60 of Daemon Souls.

But before I can really say sometime about this game I really need to play it for a longer time sorry about that.
A quick impressions just are not my thing.

Jolkien

Finding a key and not knowing where to use it is annoying lol. Main Hall key, I assume I haven't passed it yet. (Found the key in the first breakable wall).

burgerdog

I went in the big portal crystal that opens up just a little further into the area that opens up after the Boss and the quest for Kaslo changed when I was in there...my game was glitched a lot though so I am not sure thats where you have to go...

I will try this again tonight,hoping all the glitches I had on the PS4 have cleared...

I went in the portal, too, and couldn't find anything other than treasure. The quest log did change to go back inside the portal, though.

Zafir

You're meant to talk to him before the third boss. That said, I didn't notice him at first.

Rhaknar

YO, for a game that is supposed to be linear, Im overwhelmed by the places I can / want to go. Spoilers obviously:

-
That celler place after a little wooden bridge, with some jail cells inside. I went there and the first guy took ages to kill, so I ran back out.

-
There is a door with a demon head above in the graveyard after you kill the Lord boss

-
There is a tower that I havent been in before you reach said boss, I went up the tower, where you light the fire for some xp (and nothing else?) and it warps around back to the other area, and also the graveyard if you drop down. I love how everything is connected!

- The
cathedral after you kill the third boss has a "leave area" prompt aswell

- I think there was another "leave area" prompt that I saw but im forgetting

- oh oh and theres a area
with some really tough enemies, these fat guys, before going to the graveyard if you go the other way, I havent investigated that

- and of course,
the way through the Pathway that the game "wants" me to go through

dude what the FUCK. I love this :D

Tilian

Banned

Yeah, I feel the same. Really pisses me off, since DEX builds were shit in DS2 as well. So far I am using daggers for normal enemies, and then switch to heavy stuff for boss battles.

Aselith

Those who didnt like Souls and never finished them ,stay far away from this game...it is not super super easy like some say here...I mean c'mon...PSA done :p

It's also not nearly as hard though so someone could conceivably like the one and not the other.

Tilian

Banned
Alright, starting this up. I'm going Rogue/Deception due to my traditional preference in these games for nimble characters with quick weapons, and that magic tree also seems interesting.

What I've gathered from discussion and a few vids I've seen is that Rogue is probably the toughest class to start with due to a smaller health bar, less damaging single strikes, and a much stricter focus on roll-dodging for defense, but that all sounds fine to me, provided hitboxes aren't quite as unreasonable as some people claim. Guess I'll soon find out.

Rogue/Deception is what I went with as well. I'm having fun with it, though it's not really great for bosses.

I just found out (not sure if it's been mentioned here yet), but staying under 25% equip burden ala DS gets you the fastest roll.

Top Bottom