• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie Season 4 |OT| He's finally back, Mondays on FX [S5 premieres Apr 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

God the second episode has been utterly fantastic. That's Yvonne Strahovski right?
20th Century Fox must like her in show premieres.

Fantastic first 2 eps!

So much Yvonne tonight <3
Never did quite pay attention but her being on 24 will definitely get my fully, undivided attention.

...So Louie's whole plan was to come up with this show on FX to run for four seasons so he could finally get Yvonne Strahovski to make out with him, right?
1369410219021.gif

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Great start to the season. Have a big smile on my face after watching the two episodes. Can't ask for more than that!

Oh, and I could endlessly watch scenes of Louis and his comedy friends. Always great scenes.

BigAT

Fuck, that was the dad from Beethoven. That guy is 79 years old.

I knew that Charles Grodin was in the premiere and it still took me almost that entire scene to realize that was him. I had no clue he was 79.

To Do List:
1. Become famous
2. Write scene in which Yvonne Strahovski makes out with me in her underwear

Fuck, that was the dad from Beethoven. That guy is 79 years old.

I thought that at first. But then I said no, that can't be, this guy's too old.

Then they'd cut to a closeup of him eating that sandwich.

And I'd say "hm, looks a lot like the dad from Beethoven."

But then I said no, that can't be, this guy's too old.

This happened about five or six times throughout the scene.

I liked the way that "Model" kinda makes you feel guilty for laughing at his misfortune when you see the girl doing the same thing at the end.

When Norton talks about masturbating and says it finishes with "kablowie" and DiPaolo asks if Norton cums like Batman, I lost it; one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The old lady helping Louie in 'Back' was a great piece of physical comedy. I just snickered thinking about it again.

2nd episode was absolutely fantastic. Louie bombing with Seinfeld behind the curtains with his "WTF WHY" expressions, the visuals on the ride home + the beach, Louie's awkwardness with Yvonne Strahovski, the anger from being tickled, the elbow, the ending....10/10, prime Louie.

So happy this is back. Didn't realize how much I missed it.

I must be the only one who didn't think the comedian poker table talk was funny at all.
I didn't really get it either, but it was a great setup to what happened next.

I cracked up at the old lady helping Louie.

And the cell phone dude at the cafe.

The best was the opening scene with the garbage men, though. Oh, how they ruin my sweet dreams. I was in hysterics.

The second episode was fantastic. I loved everything with The Carlyle and Jerry.

inm8num2

I must be the only one who didn't think the comedian poker table talk was funny at all.

It was ok, but I'm not a fan of Jim Norton. Had someone else been saying those lines I'd have probably have found the scene to be funnier.

On another note, I cannot stop laughing about two things:

1. The waste collectors throwing trash cans around and banging them against the truck.

2. The tracking shot behind Louie as he walks toward the charity fundraiser, tucking in his shirt and accentuating his, um, curves.

Alpende

Love that this is back. Had that classic Louie vibe and I love that. The bit where the old lady helps Louie and him talking with his buddies was awesome.

Ifrit

When the best he can come up with is "Chickens are dumb" line in the stand up I fucking lost it

Poker scene was fucking great

overcast

I loved Louie talking to the doctor and the doctor essentially saying, backs just hurt, so enjoy life when it doesn't.

Also Louie saying "alright with this one" in his stand up.

BigAT

Was I imagining this or was Jimmy Norton's face twitching a lot during the poker scene?

Jim Norton's face is always twitchy.

Jim Norton @JimNorton · May 5
Thanks for all the nice comments about my scene on #Louie tonight. And yes , I do realize I'm a blinky zilch.

This show is an emotional roller coaster for me. I laugh so much at the absurd situations, conversations, shit he goes through yet feel so horrible for his character at the same time. I forgot how much I missed this show.

diaspora

Loved it.

Did anyone else noticed how everybody in the background at the cafe (when Louie is with Todd Barry) is just motionless looking at their phone? Laughed hard at that.

I'm honestly not even sure if that's intentional or just normal behavior...

the best part was when the guy bumped into him and Louie just kind of guided him away, clearly frustrated but not quite enough to make it a thing. really enjoyed this return, there's so much to love here.

big ander

Blatantly intended. A guy on his phone spends 20 seconds walking into a seated Louie before he ushers him around. And everyone has headphones in on top of using their phones. And iirc there are very obviously "acted" situations between people in the background.

Socreges

Banned
"We were given a closeline *smacks lips* and we're using it as a, flagpole."

Loved that part. His utter indifference was amazing. Good to see that it WAS Grodin, too, because I'd convinced myself that it couldn't be him.

Honestly?

GavinGT

Banned
No. Nothing evolves because it could be better. Things only evolve if it helps you make babies quicker/faster then those who don't.

But if people with chronic back pain aren't going out and making babies, you'd think eventually the ones with superior backs would dominate.

jonnyp

I loved the first two seasons. Was disappointed by the 3rd a little bit and the first two eps of season 4 is just depressing as hell.

Both of these episodes were amazing, probably in the top tier of the series so far. Amazing start to the season.

Loved how absolutely disappointed Seinfeld was the moment he saw Louie haha.

Yvonne looked amazing too, felt so bad for her lol.

I didn't realise how much I missed this until now. It's fucking amazing.
I'm in love. It makes me laugh more than any other show and it says so much as well.

Grinchy

Banned
First 2 episodes have been great. I think I liked the first a little more than the second. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

First one was a solid, typical episode. Grodin was great.

Second one...I loved the first half, but I'm not so thrilled with him being saddled with something quite so heavy. I dunno. Hopefully it was all
a dream

And I've always felt the poker scenes are pretty much the only time the show feels stilted and forced, this one more so than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom