• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie Season 4 |OT| He's finally back, Mondays on FX [S5 premieres Apr 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
First one was a solid, typical episode. Grodin was great.

Second one...I loved the first half, but I'm not so thrilled with him being saddled with something quite so heavy. I dunno. Hopefully it was all
a dream

And I've always felt the poker scenes are pretty much the only time the show feels stilted and forced, this one more so than usual.
He often plays with the lack of continuity between episodes. Don't expect the $5G/mo to have any ramifications whatsoever. It was just to show that as much as you think he'd learn from that experience, he hopelessly attaches himself to the next beautiful woman that gives him attention.

Quick

Banned
He often plays with the lack of continuity between episodes. Don't expect the $5G/mo to have any ramifications whatsoever. It was just to show that as much as you think he'd learn from that experience, he hopelessly attaches himself to the next beautiful woman that gives him attention.

This, exactly. Or, it was really all just an exaggeration.

That little smile at the end when he finally gets the attention of the waitress, that $5,000/month suddenly wasn't so bad.

"Chickens are dumb" got cracking up.

big ander

Second one...I loved the first half, but I'm not so thrilled with him being saddled with something quite so heavy. I dunno. Hopefully it was all
a dream

And I've always felt the poker scenes are pretty much the only time the show feels stilted and forced, this one more so than usual.

Yea, for one Louie usually ignores traditional continuity. On top of that it's not the kind of show where one issue like that ends up defining multiple situations; if the money issue were to come back I don't think it would be a running thing throughout the season and I don't think it would interrupt other stories.

I'll say this too:
critics said that the money is addressed in the third episode. Don't know if that means it's glibly referenced as a joke, or that something solves Louie's problem, or what.

Yeah I know continuity is not one of Louie's priorities by any means, but this seems like an awfully big thing to just wave away. I have faith he'll get it right, one way or another.

I hope the 15 year old agent pops up again soon--never fails to amuse me.

Louis did say that this season has one of the biggest story arcs he has ever done lasting 6 episodes I think. So maybe this is the one and it will take long. Not sure though.

Yeah I know continuity is not one of Louie's priorities by any means, but this seems like an awfully big thing to just wave away. I have faith he'll get it right, one way or another.

that kid is hilarious

big ander

Louis did say that this season has one of the biggest story arcs he has ever done lasting 6 episodes I think. So maybe this is the one and it will take long. Not sure though.
I don't think this counts as a spoiler, because Louie put this in his newsletter about the show and it's been discussed much beyond there: it's not. Episode 3 is a stand-alone, 4-9 are a connected story making up a 6-parter, 10-12 are a trilogy, 13+14 is a two-parter.

But there could still be minor continuity between episodes 2 and 3 that solves the money thing. Or there could be absolutely nothing at all, which I think is fine. It doesn't really need to be made right, the point was made in Model that no matter how much a person loses a small amount of affection from a pedestrian place can still make them feel like a king.

Socreges

Banned

His ex-wife was white in season 1.... his ex-wife, the mother of his white children, is now black.

Sounds like it will be addressed in the next episode, but if it weren't it wouldn't be out of step with the rest of the series.

His ex-wife was white in season 1.... his ex-wife, the mother of his white children, is now black.

I love that stuff. All the continuity "errors" and things of that nature. One of my favorite aspects of the show is how he doesn't tie himself down to certain things and just says "fuck it" and runs with an idea.

Edit: I would have absolutely no problem if the money thing was never mentioned again.

Jarrod38

I love that stuff. All the continuity "errors" and things of that nature. One of my favorite aspects of the show is how he doesn't tie himself down to certain things and just says "fuck it" and runs with an idea.

Edit: I would have absolutely no problem if the money thing was never mentioned again.

That is what makes Louie so great.

a dream

Those tend to be the best place for him to put together scenes with his friends, the problem being his friends are terrible actors.

The next 8 episode titles:

"So Did the Fat Lady"
"Elevator Part 1"
"Elevator Part 2"
"Elevator Part 3"
"Elevator Part 4"
"Elevator Part 5"
"Elevator Part 6"
"Pamela 1"

Anyone want to guess what is going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom