• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah the android one had that as well, but you also get more loveca per $$ in the TW one. 50 bucks gets you 94 instead of 86.

Maybe I'll focus on the TW one when I actually go there for an extended period later this year.

ibbRDVECAd0diT.png

seriously look at these cards and the 1張 SR 以上! Why can't we get updates this quickly in the english version? I like how MobiMon (i guess thats the company managing it in TW) is doing their thing. If the ENG ver is just going to roll out slowly using the same period of time as the JP version we'll always be a year and half behind...

Yui

Hopefully they keep up a similar schedule...

Yeah we will see how they handle that stuff. I mean it would be weird if they change something, espcecially since it's bushiroad and Klab themselves but you never know.

but it seems like if you want to get the Kotori, you will reach rank 40 regardless... and the last new song in the US version is way back at rank 27.

Well, it's the same for the JP version. The new song required rank 94 and people that play the game for over a year now are probably rank 150-400, so yeah.
I know it's tempting to just switch to the japanese version since there is no downtime for new players in terms of story and songs.
But people need to remember that they already missed a year worth of event crads and they will never be able to get those cards in the JP version.
I can totally understand people like m0t0k1 to not be too thrilled about the EN version since he got most of these old event cards (at least afaik) but I would be cautious with abandoning the EN version too soon.
And people really need to give the EN version some time to even exist. Sure it seems like they could just give us all the JP content in the EN version but that's just not how it works. ^^

That's not really aimed at you firehawk, I just wanted to use your comment as an "opener". ^^

If the ENG ver is just going to roll out slowly using the same period of time as the JP version we'll always be a year and half behind...

If you expect to catch up to the JP version you should probably abandon the EN version right now since that's never going to happen.
They got a year worth of content so why should they try to catch up by shortening their content? They don't want to compete with their JP version, they just want to offer the game to another market.
The TW version will probably catch up at some point, since it's another company and they probably want to compete.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah I can't give up on the ENG version. I just wish it would update faster. I really don't see the point of keeping a one and a half year backlog.

Yui

oh Yui I just noticed you're a member now dunno how long since that happened lol

It happened yesterday and this thread bascially contains 99% of my posts. xD

Btw I hate how fast they release shop updates in the TW version.
You have to spend your money way too fast in my opinion. People will just miss a lot of premium SRs this way. They got their second premium draw update in like 2 weeks.
And I assume the Kotori event is still running right? So they will run out of cards at some point since these shop updates were connected to the event updates.
They are already like 1-2 weeks ahead of their event schedule with this new shop update.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If I did put money into the game, it would be in the US version if only because I can buy iTunes cards at 20% off, so I won't ever abandon it.

I think the flip side, if they don't want eveyone to over-level, is to just give the SR cards at a much earlier tier. Then only the crazies who want to place high in the rankings will play more and out grow the content in the game.

I jsut played the event song 20 times. 20! Don't try this at home, I'm losing my mind. At least I got S ranks in both score and combo. I don't think I'm getting Kotori though, only at 8000 event points.

also

You thought it was Idol Heaven, but really it was Tsundere Hell. : (

m0t0k1

I can totally understand people like m0t0k1 to not be too thrilled about the EN version since he got most of these old event cards (at least afaik) but I would be cautious with abandoning the EN version too soon.
And people really need to give the EN version some time to even exist. Sure it seems like they could just give us all the JP content in the EN version but that's just not how it works. ^^

I do like playing the English version with you guys and not going to stop playing it completly because there are some things i do like about it. The events are way more managable and the competing is way more fun since not a lot of people are throwing money at this game to be in the top 1000. But i have invested half a year in the jpn version i have way better cards there and some of them arent in the eng event. Its just that i need to prioritize some things and eng version is moving down that list. But i still hope to share all my awesome stories with you all!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I do like playing the English version with you guys and not going to stop playing it completly because there are some things i do like about it. The events are way more managable and the competing is way more fun since not a lot of people are throwing money at this game to be in the top 1000. But i have invested half a year in the jpn version i have way better cards there and some of them arent in the eng event. Its just that i need to prioritize some things and eng version is moving down that list. But i still hope to share all my awesome stories with you all!
Play the TW version as well! lol

m0t0k1

Play the TW version as well! lol

You guys want to party me to death :lol
44480597.jpg

I really don't think i can do another LL game it really would be the death of me. I could add the new versions too the op though. How many versions are there actually. JPN, ENG, TWN and?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really don't think i can do another LL game it really would be the death of me. I could add the new versions too the op though. How many versions are there actually. JPN, ENG, TWN and?
In addition to an English version, there will be versions for China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and South Korea.
But I don't know if they have already been released or not.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-04/love-live-school-idol-project-game-app-heads-overseas-in-english

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, I wonder if different companies will run the HK/China versions.

Although I guess since they are different countries, you would need different accounts anyway... you can play six versions of the game at once!!!

m0t0k1

http://lovelive-sif.mobimon.com.tw/#c3

Those three seem to be it. And yeah, I think after this week I'm going to main two versions. We'll see how the TW one goes. lol

Thanks added the Taiwanese version to the OP in the links section. Mother of god 6 versions. Alright which gaffer is up to the challenge :p

Jintor

Damnit, the crossover double bit on like the third chorus of 'happy holiday' in Sweet & Sweet keeps getting me. I'm not super fussed since I already have the full combo, but I can't reliable get that one without tripping over my own goddamn fingers

Two versions are already too much to be honest. ^^
It's okay at the moment since we got a token (EN) and a score match (JP) event but it will be really tedious as soon as the next JP event starts.
Choices will have to be made. And it will be difficult. *dramatic music*

m0t0k1

Holy shit, just used my good headphones with the game.
Wonderful Rush's bass is incredibly awesome. You can't even hear it without headphones.

I use these
373336-xmi-x-mini-max.jpg

prefer to not have any cable in the way when i am playing. I use them for my vita and 3ds also. Cable that i got was longer then this so i can split them up for better stereo sound or just to have them farther away from me. They have pretty good sound better then my in ear headphones at least.

I sometime use my wireless headset while I play and it is like I'm listening to a different song. The amount of bass missing when playing with the tablet's speakers is amazing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, I finally got the S for the score!
99NIEP4l.png

And I did it with all normal Rares too. It literally came down to the last damn note.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I jsut played the event song 20 times. 20! Don't try this at home, I'm losing my mind. At least I got S ranks in both score and combo. I don't think I'm getting Kotori though, only at 8000 event points.
If you aim for 1100 a day to hit 11000 by day 10 you'd be at 7700 at the moment. 8000 is fine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder how people do it on phones in general. Tried once on my Galaxy S3, never again.
Playing on both a phone and a tablet, it sort of depends if you like to play with thumbs or fingers. I'm still not sure which I like better, to be honest. There are certainly some moves that I can't do with my thumbs in the harder JP songs. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Playing on both a phone and a tablet, it sort of depends if you like to play with thumbs or fingers. I'm still not sure which I like better, to be honest. There are certainly some moves that I can't do with my thumbs in the harder JP songs. :(
I play with thumbs on my tablet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I play with thumbs on my tablet.
I try to play it like the JP players and use at least two or three fingers per hand. When you see ten notes flying at you, you stand a chance even if you're guessing at the notes.

When I'm playing on my phone, I'm holding it like a vita/DS. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I try to play it like the JP players and use at least two or three fingers per hand. When you see ten notes flying at you, you stand a chance even if you're guessing at the notes.

When I'm playing on my phone, I'm holding it like a vita/DS. lol
I just like the fact I can play anywhere rather than looking for a flat surface. Good for playing at my desk (not that I'll need to do that anymore since the event is over before I go back to the office again).

I use these
373336-xmi-x-mini-max.jpg

prefer to not have any cable in the way when i am playing. I use them for my vita and 3ds also. Cable that i got was longer then this so i can split them up for better stereo sound or just to have them farther away from me. They have pretty good sound better then my in ear headphones at least.

Yeah, I used once or twice the iphone ear headphones and they were not that good for this game, then I got the ones I use for gaming, some of this big sony ones that dont go inside the ear and hearing the music with those is a bliss.

m0t0k1

Wow, I finally got the S for the score!
99NIEP4l.png

And I did it with all normal Rares too. It literally came down to the last damn note.

I almost did it until my phone decided to not register the first of the last dual press note luckily it was just my second try of the hard song was kinda bored with normal so i still have a lot of chances to S it.
dduckrage.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just like the fact I can play anywhere rather than looking for a flat surface. Good for playing at my desk (not that I'll need to do that anymore since the event is over before I go back to the office again).
How do you hold up a tablet though?!

That's what I do and it works like a charm
but maybe I'll break my thumbs playing the hardest JPN songs
Some of the new songs in the event are rough using the thumb method for me. :(
I can't get an S still...

I had 235 perfects and 30 greats and I'm still like 3k points shy.
Admittedly, I had a random user with a UR Hanayo for the extra boost, so that definitely helped. I also leveled up my dupe Rares, which feels like a waste, but hey... it pushed me over the edge.
(Because Mokoi is all about the Nun now :p lol)

I almost did it until my phone decided to not register the first of the last dual press note luckily it was just my second try of the hard song was kinda bored with normal so i still have a lot of chances to S it.
http://dakotaeast.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dduckrage.gif
I know that feel. :(

Draxal

I can't get an S still...

I had 235 perfects and 30 greats and I'm still like 3k points shy.

Are you using UR Hanayo's as your partners? even if you don't have one on the friends list, there's enough randoms on there that have it.

Mokoi

Banned
well you're gonna have to grind anyway whether you do it now or later

just saw Mokoi is still first by 4000! wonder if the guy in 2nd is stockpiling a bunch of macarons

I hope that they lost the spirit to play. My sleep schedule has been messed up trying to pass him up, and I got grad parties to attend tonight.

It happened yesterday and this thread bascially contains 99% of my posts. xD

Congrats! this thread also contains most of my posts. Oh yeah forgot to post, but here is my JP ID - 198259328 / Mokoi - After the EN event is over I'm also probably going to not play it so much. Got to catch up on the JP one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I did

and I'm out of gold to push my level 35 people to level 40 to get the extra 100 or so points I could get from them being max level.
I would move your off coloured SRs to the top two slots for the minor kizuna score bonus, unless they vastly outrank your Elis or other characters.

That, or keep feeding them... Although with the SR Kotori, you probably won't have a problem once you get her.

JoeFu

Banned
I would move your off coloured SRs to the top two slots for the minor kizuna score bonus, unless they vastly outrank your Elis or other characters.

That, or keep feeding them... Although with the SR Kotori, you probably won't have a problem once you get her.

The SR's have about 500 more points in Pure than Eli

I tried to maximize the score by putting them in the right slots. I'm sooo close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom