• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks to the 5 extra, I now have 20 Loveca chilling in the English version, and my 20$ Google Play card should be here soon. Wondering If I should just go all in on a big draw or just do single draws now and single draws later. I need to build up some luck.

Yui

it is pretty cute, I am biased and really like Valentines Rin and Cowgirl Rin because I have them, but my favorites are October and Job Rin.

October Rin is awesome that's right but I can't bring myself to expect an UR. That's probably why I tell myself "no it's not your favorite". Q_Q

At least I have the second Kotori SR to look forward to tomorrow. I'm willing to use my last 7 gems to make sure I get it. At 482 right now and at 305 on event song ranking.

Yes, I am in despair right now

The feeling of intense despair is unmistakable. I would have stopped after 2 knowing my luck.

Also the Japanese version is so cute OMG.
OXrdh0p.png

tenton

Is it more worth it to feed my cool R Nozomi to my idolized cool Nozomi to raise it's skill level? Or should I just feed it to another idol for the levels?

IMO, skill levels are more important than regular levels, because you can eventually get the regular levels with any card. So if you want to up Cool Nozomi's skill level, do it with any card that is capable of doing it.

Hugstable

Banned
it is pretty cute, I am biased and really like Valentines Rin and Cowgirl Rin because I have them, but my favorites are October and Job Rin.

Rin has so many good cards! The Cowgirl is one my favorites also. I didn't see the October UR til now, even her recent March UR is oozing with cuteness.

October Rin is awesome that's right but I can't bring myself to expect an UR. That's probably why I tell myself "no it's not your favorite". Q_Q

I know I'm sad that knowing my luck I may never have them because UR :(((

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm tempted on doing a pull with the free 5, but i've been getting so many dupes lately, I am thinking that it would be better spent restoring my LP and boosting my rank. And that's assuming others won't do this either ._.

Mokoi

Banned
I'm tempted on doing a pull with the free 5, but i've been getting so many dupes lately, I am thinking that it would be better spent restoring my LP and boosting my rank. And that's assuming others won't do this either ._.

Do it! and pull a rare Rin. That's what i pulled.

So I keep seeing this thread almost every time I F5 GAF and I'm like "what is this even why does it keep coming up," and then I finally open it up and it's got OVER SEVEN THOUSAND POSTS and I'm like what why is this idol management/rhythm game so damned popular. So now I've downloaded it. I only barely know what's going on and I don't think I've ever played anything this moe, let alone on my phone where it could conceivably be seen by people in public.

This is a deep, dark rabbit hole you've all convinced me to go down. BETTER BE WORTH IT GAF

Hugstable

Banned
So I keep seeing this thread almost every time I F5 GAF and I'm like "what is this even why does it keep coming up," and then I finally open it up and it's got OVER SEVEN THOUSAND POSTS and I'm like what why is this idol management/rhythm game so damned popular. So now I've downloaded it. I only barely know what's going on and I don't think I've ever played anything this moe, let alone on my phone where it could conceivably be seen by people in public.

This is a deep, dark rabbit hole you've all convinced me to go down. BETTER BE WORTH IT GAF

Have you played Elite Beat Agents or either of the Ouendan games before? It's a bit like that, and it's super addictive.

Hachitora

Welcome. But just so you know, once you're in, you're never coming out. Prepare for despair

Have you played Elite Beat Agents or either of the Ouendan games before? It's a bit like that, and it's super addictive.

It's very worth it

Can't wait for them to add more cards

Oh yeah, the rhythm stuff makes sense, it's all the leveling up/cards/practice/etc. stuff that confuses me at the moment. Like, the tutorial was all "have this person practice with herself to IDOLIZE her!" and besides the fact that her idol costume sucks way more than her street clothes, I'm also confused as to how I managed to get two of her or if that's just normal for all the idols or why is it apparently so easy to max out people's bond and whatever levels or what am I missing oh god totoriprofit.jpg what have I done

Hugstable

Banned
Oh yeah, the rhythm stuff makes sense, it's all the leveling up/cards/practice/etc. stuff that confuses me at the moment. Like, the tutorial was all "have this person practice with herself to IDOLIZE her!" and besides the fact that her idol costume sucks way more than her street clothes, I'm also confused as to how I managed to get two of her or if that's just normal for all the idols or why is it apparently so easy to max out people's bond and whatever levels or what am I missing oh god totoriprofit.jpg what have I done

It's basically saying you need two of the same card to change them into their Idol forms. Like say you get 2 Smile Rin SR, you can either keep both and level up both, or you can combine them into one Super Rin with higher stats

Edit: It seems you understand it somewhat, you always have the choice to idolize or not. In the beginning it might be better not to idolize so you can fill in more spaces to get rid of the rares on your team formations.

It's basically saying you need two of the same card to change them into their Idol forms. Like say you get 2 Smile Rin SR, you can either keep both and level up both, or you can combine them into one Super Rin with higher stats

Oh, okay, so the game just gave me two of the same card for illustrative tutorial purposes? That makes the whole "FEED YOUR IDOL CARDS TO OTHER IDOLS YES MY PRECIOUSSSSSS" aspect make slightly more sense.

Hugstable

Banned
Oh, okay, so the game just gave me two of the same card for illustrative tutorial purposes? That makes the whole "FEED YOUR IDOL CARDS TO OTHER IDOLS YES MY PRECIOUSSSSSS" aspect make slightly more sense.

Yup, as I posted in my edit above, it might be better to hold off on idolizing until you get a more significant number of rares, especially when starting out considering you don't have much to start out with, and the Normal students aren't really good except for feeding to make your other idols stronger.

Mokoi

Banned

Welcome, and just know that after a while of playing. You will get a bunch of worthless normals that are used to level up the rare cards. Also forming an all Nun team will get the most points because nun is love-nun is life.
Don't form a nun team

Hugstable

Banned
Oh no, the ban right before e3 stings. :(

Edit: It looks like he pirated watch dogs.

Tomorrow is gonna be crazy with all the bans probably coming out in the E3 gaming topics. I'm probably gonna be sticking to LL Gaf though during that time, even though I never really say anything dumb that would get me banned. I did drive by the Convention Center today on the way back home just to get super hyped for tomorrow though.

Just saw the trailer for the Love Live! vita game, and while the idols models are alright (probably will look better on the Vita screen anyway) I'm actually pretty excited that it's another music rhythm game. If impressions are good, I'll prob import either BiBi or LIly White version.

Edit: Also I finally purchased Project Diva F on vita. Finally gave in, you can only play the demo so much -_-

Mokoi

Banned
Edit: Also I finally purchased Project Diva F on vita. Finally gave in, you can only play the demo so much -_-

That should of been a day one purchase! Such a great rhythm game. Senbonzakura is my favorite song on there. It was so lame of Sega making it dlc.

Hugstable

Banned
the vita demo have Melancholic though so I think I could have played it forever

I think I played through it atleast 15 times... and that's just a demo. I'm downloading it now though :D. Gonna be a great game to play while my LP recharges are going on. No more Loveca on recharges (until the Maki and Rin events that is...-_-), ended up using like 7 Loveca getting up to a high ranking early on in the event, only to find out I was gonna be busy during the weekend, so the Loveca got wasted considering I definitely won't be able to catch back up in one day. Even aiming for under Rank 1000 to idolize my Kotori event SR might be a bit much and not possible. I'm at 14900 event points total blaaaah

That should of been a day one purchase! Such a great rhythm game. Senbonzakura is my favorite song on there. It was so lame of Sega making it dlc.

I'm guessing that's what the 10$ DLC is? If the songs are truly worth it, I'm down to throw down another 10$ for it.

Kusano123

Neo Member
Why was everyone suddenly talking about Nozomi when I thought no one here cared for her.....

*Turns on game*

Oh....

NOZOOOOOOMI~ Kawaii * C *

Hugstable

Banned
Why was everyone suddenly talking about Nozomi when I thought no one here cared for her.....

*Turns on game*

Oh....

NOZOOOOOOMI~ Kawaii * C *

It's Nozomi! How can someone not care about Nozomi :D. Besides Rin and Maki, I think she has quite a few cute cards as well. I like her character on the show too. I'm about to start the second season of Love Live! Rin better get her own special episode this season.

luckily
unluckily
that won't be for a while so you should be ready at least!

quite a few people here like Nozomi, it was pretty much just me although I have been converted

Haha seriously. Looking at the schedule, we got quite a bit of events before we get to either of them.

Also It does seem alot here like Nozomi, I've always liked her from the start, it's just that there is two others that I like more than her lol -_-. It's surprising how quickly Rin became my favorite even though she didn't have too much character development in season 1. Her overall attitude though is just too cute. Plus those SR cards :D

Hachitora

It's Nozomi! How can someone not care about Nozomi :D. Besides Rin and Maki, I think she has quite a few cute cards as well. I like her character on the show too. I'm about to start the second season of Love Live! Rin better get her own special episode this season.

Both Rin and Nozomi do. Made me like Nozomi's character more.
still don't like her voice.
Rin's episode makes her seem just precious.
Maki still best girl, but Rin is dangerously close.

Hugstable

Banned
Both Rin and Nozomi do. Made me like Nozomi's character more.
still don't like her voice.
Rin's episode makes her seem just precious.
Maki still best girl, but Rin is dangerously close.

Rin and Maki's singing are my favorites by far. While Nozomi isn't the best singer, I just like her overall character outside of the singing, especially in the first season of the show in which she was basically setting up the whole group together based off her tarot cards. Beat in Angel kept me awake during the last hour of my 7 hour drive today.

Edit: Ugh I hate always posting off my phone sometimes, can't tell the difference between post and edit pages sometimes. My bad on the double post.

I played the PS3 demo and ordered it instantly. I probably played the demo more than a couple of hours while waiting for it to arrive haha.

I'm so close to 1000th spot on the event rankings. I should probably spend a few loveca to guarantee my second SR Kotori. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom