• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Taiwan jumps straight to the Umi Love * Heart event at 4:00pm whatever timezone they are in. So about 3 and a half hours.

Hugstable

Banned
4to6 hype

925262_1386972254882957_579903419_a.jpg

awesome, although I hope we get guaranteed SR first and a little break before Umi event

Rin and Maki are life. Is that fan art or official. I like how they did the animated version of them from that pic.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm pretty much using the TW version to practice what's coming in the ENG version of the game. I didn't try Sweet & Holiday until I FC'd it in the TW one.

Hugstable

Banned
I want a guaranteed SR pull first.

I actually wouldn't mind that either. After I get my 20$ Google Play card I got using my Amazon credit, I should have enough to do a 10+1 pull, but I was thinking of saving it for both the guaranteed SR pulls and when they add more of the card versions in. WHile there are still some SR cards I really want right now, some of the future ones already in the JP version are the cards I'm truly waiting for.

phoenix you would find a way to get all Rares during guaranteed SR anyway ;)

at least a decent amount of people ITT have pulled Cool SRs so thats good, it would awesome if they added Cool URs before the event @__@

Yee my SR cool Umi will def help me out with the Umi event. The only problem is the rest of my team. I still have 4 normal idols on my cool team, along with my SR cool Umi and 2 R cool Maki's, 1 Cool R Rin, and a cool R Umi

phoenix you would find a way to get all Rares during guaranteed SR anyway ;)

at least a decent amount of people ITT have pulled Cool SRs so thats good, it would awesome if they added Cool URs before the event @__@

Hey, you can't say that now. I got a SR from a single pull!
I think it took 80 loveca to finally get it ;_;

I'm ready, my SR Cool Eli shall lead the charge!

EDIT: I still have some open slots in my friends list if anyone wants to add me.

JoeFu

Banned
Woo got the loveca for Nozomi's bday. I looked at the message and its between 12-24 TW time so yay. So close to another 50loveca pull in the TW version

Eff i had some money in my Google wallet so I bought 7 stones. Here goes.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah there's a guaranteed draw right now. They had one right after the Umi archery one. They just do whatever they feel like I guess.

Paprikka

Did a pull with the Nozomi birthday gems, got an R smile Rin. Was hoping for a pure to get that S rank on the event song a bit easier, but it let me idolize her so could be worse.

I think I'll finally get back into the top 200 once the score updates again too, though it took me almost all day. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

All these Rare cards from Nozomi birthday single draws... The despair in this thread was a bit overwhelming this morning. :-D
But it was so nice to be greeted by Nozomi when starting the game. <3

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All these Rare cards from Nozomi birthday single draws... The despair in this thread was a bit overwhelming this morning. :-D
But it was so nice to be greeted by Nozomi when starting the game. <3
lol
It's funny, if you loaded the game before the update, it was Kotori in that picture.

Jintor

How can R Cool Nico be the best nico but Evolved R Cool Nico be the worst nico :<

150px-Nico_cool_r.jpg

Awww shucks i'm awesome

150px-Nico_cool_r_t.jpg

"KILL MEEEEEEEEE"

though... charm R Nico is pretty good

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK, I admit I was being overly cynical over Nozomi's birthday being celebrated in the english version.

Reknoc

Free daily gets me the last smile R I needed (hanayo) but I did a draw with the nozomi gift and get a cool Eli... That I've already idolized... And skilled up once... Didn't even get another skill up from it.

Lockon

I would do single loveca pull but my luck went somewhere else first: got R cool Kotori from daily scouting.

Also finally idolize my UR Nico since I don't need double help from UR anymore.

chrono01

I have a question about skill-up's.

I understand that you get a guaranteed skill-up by fusing a card with same skill level as the one you're increasing. So Skill Level 1 + Skill Level 1 = Skill Level 2 on the primary card.

However, if you fuse multiple Skill Level 1 cards into the primary card [still at Skill Level 1 itself] will it increase as many times as there are cards? For example, would a R Umi, at Skill Level 1, fused with three identical R Umi cards [all at Skill Level 1], increase the target card to a Skill Level of 4?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I understand that you get a guaranteed skill-up by fusing a card with same skill level as the one you're increasing. So Skill Level 1 + Skill Level 1 = Skill Level 2 on the primary card.

However, if you fuse multiple Skill Level 1 cards into the primary card [still at Skill Level 1 itself] will it increase as many times as there are cards? For example, would a R Umi, at Skill Level 1, fused with three identical R Umi cards [all at Skill Level 1], increase the target card to a Skill Level of 4?

The way I understood it is that you would need to fuse it like this:

You need to get two Rs with the same skill and then feed them to each other to get a card to skill rank 2.
Then you need to get another two cards and do the same thing to get another rank 2 card.
Then you fuse those two cards together to get a rank 3 card.

Although I'm still not clear if it's through the special practice or normal practice that the skill up can happen... I'm also not clear if it's chance based or guaranteed either.

Azusa

I have used 3 R cards to lvl up skill. And got only 2 levelups.

tenton

It may or may not work. No one knows for sure the formula on gaining skill levels or what the percentages is, but doing what you're asking about is known to sometimes work and sometimes not. I suspect the game treats it serially; that is, it levels up the lvl 1 skill and then it's like you trying to level up a lvl 2 skill with a lvl 1 skill card (chance of failure).

chrono01

You need to get two Rs with the same skill and then feed them to each other to get a card to skill rank 2.
Then you need to get another two cards and do the same thing to get another rank 2 card.

Although I'm still not clear if it's through the special practice or normal practice that the skill up can happen... I'm also not clear if it's chance based or guaranteed either.

It may or may not work. No one knows for sure the formula on gaining skill levels or what the percentages is, but doing what you're asking about is known to sometimes work and sometimes not. I suspect the game treats it serially; that is, it levels up the lvl 1 skill and then it's like you trying to level up a lvl 2 skill with a lvl 1 skill card (chance of failure).
That makes sense.

Well that's unfortunate. I was hoping to get as many Rare as there are Skill Levels, and increase the Skill Level to maximum in one feeding. I guess there goes that plan!

Thanks for the confirmation.

tenton

It's normal practice. This is how you can use different cards, but the same skill to level up the skill.

If you use the exact same skill and exact same level (e.g lvl 2 skill and a lvl 2 skill), it's guaranteed. If you use a lower level skill to try to level up a higher card (e.g. you have lvl 2 skill card and you use a lvl 1 skill card), it may or may not work. It certainly feels like the higher level of card you're trying to level, the more chance it will fail.

Tenton is right, I have some experience with this with my five rare smile Honoka.
lol

• I used the first two to idolize.
  • The third one fed to idol and got a skill up. (Same skill level)
  • The fourth one fed to idol and nothing. (Idol higher skill level)
  • The fifth one fed to idol and got a skill up. (Idol higher skill level)
If they both have the same skill level its guaranteed but if they don't it seems to be random on if you get the skill up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's normal practice. This is how you can use different cards, but the same skill to level up the skill.

If you use the exact same skill and exact same level (e.g lvl 2 skill and a lvl 2 skill), it's guaranteed. If you use a lower level skill to try to level up a higher card (e.g. you have lvl 2 skill card and you use a lvl 1 skill card), it may or may not work. It certainly feels like the higher level of card you're trying to level, the more chance it will fail.
Tenton is right, I have some experience with this with my five rare smile Honoka.
lol
  • I used the first two to idolize.
  • The third one fed to idol and got a skill up.
  • The fourth one fed to idol and nothing
  • The fifth one fed to idol and got a skill up.
If they both have the same skill level its guaranteed but if they don't it seems to be random on if you get the skill up.

Does it have to be the same exact skill?

Like some of them are "Hit 17 perfects to get 200 points" and others are like "Every 10 seconds get a chance of getting 200 points". Can you use the first one to try to level up the second one, or do they need to be the exact same skill as well as the exact same level?

Also, I wonder if there's someone who is amazing enough to have an idolized UR with a level 8 skill. lol

Like some of them are "Hit 17 perfects to get 200 points" and others are like "Every 10 seconds get a chance of getting 200 points". Can you use the first one to try to level up the second one, or do they need to be the exact same skill as well as the exact same level?

I would assume so. I haven't tried it using a different skill since all five of my cards were duplicates.

tenton

Has to be the exact same skill.

Also, I wonder if there's someone who is amazing enough to have an idolized UR with a level 8 skill. lol

It's possible, I'm close in the JP version. However, I'm cheating. The promo URs from the BDs have weak stats (relatively speaking) and have the exact same skills as the normal Rs. I have a couple of level 6 skills and a bunch of level 5s. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Has to be the exact same skill.

It's possible, I'm close in the JP version. However, I'm cheating. The promo URs from the BDs have weak stats (relatively speaking) and have the exact same skills as the normal Rs. I have a couple of level 6 skills and a bunch of level 5s. :p
Wait, does that mean you bought two of the same BD in order to get two URs? lol

Edit:
kqdI4Vul.jpg

Makico! Nimaki?

tenton

Amazing. lol

And at least they're kind enough to give you idolized URs. lol

Actually, I'm not sure what they did with those URs. I have my own set of BDs, thank you very much. :p

(I gave my code away for 4th Live, but alas, much like most of those codes, they were not winners).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom