• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's not really KISS per se. I mean, Detroit Metal City probably didn't license the "KISS" look and I assume no one sued them into oblivion for begin generic metal rockers with face paint.

Heck, Simmons even appeared in the DMC live action adaptation.

That said, if they were going to take anything from that episode though, I would figure that they would do the roleplay versions of the characters first. lol

The bit with the triples on Mermaid Fiesta get me every time

Is that the one that goes with the long notes finishing with a dual normal one in the middle of the song? I can never get that part right, always good the two or three times it repeats in the song.
The other mermaid one is hard in the bit where it just throw some huge amount of crazy notes in the middle. I know I could beat that part if there was some kind of training mode in the game.

One of the other songs I hate is Bokura no Live. The rhythm beats in that one are all wacked up. The slow notes are the devil.

think ill need a love live ava for a bit. It's a current anime so it fits my avatar trend.

And got my first full combo on hard. surprised it took so long. i guess it would happen eventually when i stop playing this on the subway.

Rahk

Had a couple tries at Mermaid Fiesta hard last night but would always miss one note. Did it on the train this morning though, woo. Now I need more songs.

Poll (you can vote for multiple Idols!) and ID list for the new page
If you could update my name for future lists that would be appreciated. The a and h are reversed. Thanks!

Markun

I'm kind of late to the party for this, but here's my friend ID.

Markun - ID: 371289809 / Markun

And if anyone plays the JP version, here's my friend ID for that too.

ID: 374281687 / Markun

And just for fun, here's my profile thing that shows my favorites.

6dadV71.png

y4TnB7S.png

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Got impatient and used 15 love gems in english version. Got 2 Smile Elis and one Pure Rin. I even got the same Smile Eli for the daily login. I would normally be happy getting Eli, but I already had the awakened version OTL

DESPAIR

Probably nil, because that would cost them money to license that from KISS. And while Gene Simmons is aware of that parody (someone tweeted it at him), he's been known to be a little aggressive with the licensing situation.

KISS licensed out their likenesses for SEGA's Demon Tribe, another dragonesque, so it could happen~

I'm not saying KISS wouldn't license their likeness out, it's just that I don't think KLab and BushiMo will want to pony up the necessary cash to do so.

Just a matter of cost versus revenue. If they think they can make back the money from licensing then they could do it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still don't think they'd have to pay for it. I mean, why would they use it in the anime if they did? Although I should watch the credits to see if they have any KISS copyrights in there.

tenton

I still don't think they'd have to pay for it. I mean, why would they use it in the anime if they did? Although I should watch the credits to see if they have any KISS copyrights in there.

Gene Simmons seemed surprised when people tweeted it to him. He also really wanted to know what show it was. So not sure if it was licensed at all. Actually I'm worried a little bit about that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gene Simmons seemed surprised when people tweeted it to him. He also really wanted to know what show it was. So not sure if it was licensed at all. Actually I'm worried a little bit about that.
I assume there's some element of fair use anyway. I mean, anime has lots of big brands with slightly off names like "WcDonalds", so I assume that look can be considered parody. I have no idea how parody works in Japan though.

holysan

Woke up an hour ago and the first thing I did, still in bed, was to play 2 songs, so the LP can replenish again. Wish I had a maximum of 45 LP’s so I’d be able to play 3 times at once.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm getting a bit better. I didn't have any full combo songs on hard until today. Have full combo'd four different ones today.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh yeah, do the special daily songs in the JP challenges appear in the normal rotation? I'd like to try these songs, but I also don't want to waste LP since I need to keep grinding for tokens...

Jintor

Just finished the first season; someone tell me it gets better.

yes and no.

it's better cos you don't have to go through the tiresome 'okay every member gets an intro episode and is convinced to join the club' song and dance.

however, it's also more of the same, so if you weren't into the first season you might as well bail out now

Chariot

Good morning, everyone!

If you could update my name for future lists that would be appreciated. The a and h are reversed. Thanks!
Oh yeah, sorry.

Poll (you can vote for multiple Idols!) and ID list for the new page

alexein - ID: 567122377 / Alexandre
BGBW - ID: 770403747 / idolm@ster
Blacksafs - ID: 769323267 / Safs@GAF
Chariot - ID: 138733509 / Karl@GAF
chickdigger802 - ID: 928785609 / Cdig

Draxal - ID: 716158992 / Drax@gaf
EvilKatarn - ID: 228908451 / アイドルのGAF
firehawk12 - ID: 193512899 / Allen
gashikunFLCL - ID: 679577154 / まこまこりん
holysan - ID: 189388923 / Maki-lucky

ImBarryScott - ID: 852848557 / CrunkyBall
Jintor - ID: 544772824 / Miso
JoeFu - ID: 302166723 / joefu
Kincaido - ID: 343412777 / Kincaido
Kumubou - ID: 988992277 / Kumubou

Markun - ID: 371289809 / Markun
Mokoi - ID: 068482645 / Mokoi
MSMrRound - ID: 900103822 / HarashoGAF
Paprikka - ID: 970842023 / Safflower
Recknoc - ID: 983459193 / OhNoMelon

Rahk - ID: 706326408 / Rahk
Ronok - ID: 662554678 / Chihiro
SpacePirate Ridley - ID: 363623790 / SPRidley
The Grim Heaper - ID: 156513442 / Heaper
Thoraxes - ID: 062309120 / Thoraxes

Wyndstryker - ID: 784265711 / Kawada
Yui - ID: 059672033 / Alice
ZetaEpyon - ID: 386332454 / Zeta

Lurkers
Aishin - ID: 723671907 / Shin (account has yet to be activated)
xxx - 442785467 / moogs

--

no clue how some of yall are so much higher rank than me in eng.

guess i dont play much lol.
Yeah, I play rather often. Unless I am going to sleep, my LP are never full. The happyness of smarthphones, I play this in the bus, doesen't matter what the people think.

I assume there's some element of fair use anyway. I mean, anime has lots of big brands with slightly off names like "WcDonalds", so I assume that look can be considered parody. I have no idea how parody works in Japan though.
I always had the impression that Japan is kind of harsh with copyright and parodies. I mean, they can't even say Guooam without cencoring.
Then again, as you said there is the WcDonalds things and the use of Colonel Sanders. Maybe the Fastfood Industry just don't give a damn, its free advertisement anyway.

Just finished the first season; someone tell me it gets better.
As Jintor said, the show doesen't change much. The second season focuses on another Love Live Event, where the girls this time join more serious and with the will to win. There are a few character centric episodes for characters who hadn't one yet (like Nico or Rin). Its gives a little more deph to them.

Oh, and Chickdigger got Maki now too. Highfive!
Although the name is a bit unsettling, please don't diminish her Pure score.

tenton

Oh yeah, do the special daily songs in the JP challenges appear in the normal rotation? I'd like to try these songs, but I also don't want to waste LP since I need to keep grinding for tokens...

Every song that isn't the event song gives you tokens. Well, assuming you can get through them without dying and also hitting all the notes with the tokens. :p

The daily songs also rotate during the brief lull between events, but which set of songs is in the rotation can change.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Every song that isn't the event song gives you tokens. Well, assuming you can get through them without dying and also hitting all the notes with the tokens. :p

The daily songs also rotate during the brief lull between events, but which set of songs is in the rotation can change.

Yeah, but I mean, is this the only chance to play them? I want to try them, but since I can FC all the level 1-27 songs on hard now, I also would rather play those songs for the points.

I liked that Nico song from a few days ago, but it disappeared after a day, and I have no idea if it's ever going to come back...

m0t0k1

I updated the ID list in the OP also have a question. Is there a way to remove the DL songs and keeping the game or save? My lovelive file is nearing the 650mb and my phone is getting pretty full :(

Chariot

I updated the ID list in the OP also have a question. Is there a way to remove the DL songs and keeping the game or save? My lovelive file is nearing the 650mb and my phone is getting pretty full :(
I dunno about that, no chance of some SD-Card?

How many points have your strongest teams? It would be interesting to know where one stands.

Cool: 28166
Smile: 25571
Pure: 25422

Almost all my Muse Idols are Cool and so are two of my three SRs.

Nope...the only way is to generate your 16 digit passcode (Tap the Confirm option) on the Transfer Passcode line in the Settings menu. Then uninstall and reinstall the game. When reinstalling, input your 16 digit passcode on the bottom option where it asks you to insert your name. Once done, the game will download only the basic files required (meaning not including any of the DL songs and DL stories). (Note: please dont screw up when writing down/screencap the passcode because if once you uninstall, there's no way to reaccess your account without that code that was generated.

Take note that DL songs in the Normal set of Lives (eg not the Daily Songs in the Japanese versions) eventually become part of the basic files when the game receives an updated version or score match. You're mostly only saving on the Side Story data.

And while we are on the subject of the passcode, do not confuse the 16 digit passcode with your friend code.(the one you see in your Profile). Also do not share the 16 digit passcode because if someone gets hold of it they get to recover your account onto their device (there's no further verification when they do this, they just need to input the passcode and it's done) and to get it back you will have to email KLab support which is a whole lot of hassle because you have to prove the ownership of your account.

m0t0k1

I dunno about that, no chance of some SD-Card?

How many points have your strongest teams? It would be interesting to know where one stands.

Cool: 28166
Smile: 25571
Pure: 25422

Almost all my Muse Idols are Cool and so are two of my three SRs.

I have a moto G so no SD card for me only have room for 5,5GB of space that is why it is bottering me a bit have about 300mb left :p and the english version is also growing bigger. about my teams my english team are pretty weak they are all arround 15k. I am pretty alright with my jpn teams.

Cool: 30422
Smile: 29629
Pure: 27288

edit: also created 2 extra teams one with most of my heart recoveries for trying expert songs. I have 7 girls that can restore hearts and just a µ balanced team to have them all together and with 3 of all colors but those are not my stronges teams and are arround 22k

Also thanks phoenix. Guess i have to keep it then if they become regulars. Just have to remove some pictures and movies then :)

I've fallen into a pattern with my members and I'm wanting to know if it's the wrong thing to be doing.

Basically, I'm only keeping one of each idol per colour. If I get a card for a member I have as an idol then I feed it to that idol in practice. If I don't have them as an idol then I keep the card until I get a second then make them an idol and repeat.

So basically, every time I get new cards I do this:

Do I have this new card as an idol in this colour? Yes: feed it to the idol in practice. No: Keep the card and wait for the second to make them an idol.

Is this the right way to be levelling up my members? I suppose the only problem is that I'm not levelling one character as a priority.

Also, I watched the first episode of the anime last night. It was ok as an introductory episode, I suppose. Very cliché. I'll stick with it, though.

raven777

I've fallen into a pattern with my members and I'm wanting to know if it's the wrong thing to be doing.

Basically, I'm only keeping one of each idol per colour. If I get a card for a member I have as an idol then I feed it to that idol in practice. If I don't have them as an idol then I keep the card until I get a second then make them an idol and repeat.

So basically, every time I get new cards I do this:

Do I have this new card as an idol in this colour? Yes: feed it to the idol in practice. No: Keep the card and wait for the second to make them an idol.

Is this the right way to be levelling up my members? I suppose the only problem is that I'm not levelling one character as a priority.

Also, I watched the first episode of the anime last night. It was ok as an introductory episode, I suppose. Very cliché. I'll stick with it, though.

Are you talking about R cards? If so you can work on leveling up the skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom