• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

First two ex songs are alot easier than Soldier Game Hard. Soldier Game hard is just such a huge spike in difficulty over all hard songs currently in game.

Hachitora

These EX songs are really fun. The beginning of Yuujou no Change caught me off guard though...

I haven't played a Fire Emblem game before (got through Lyn's part of that one GBA one), so is Awakening a good start to the series? Seems like fun, i might just borrow it from one of my friends

These EX songs are really fun. The beginning of Yuujou no Change caught me off guard though...

I haven't played a Fire Emblem game before (got through Lyn's part of that one GBA one), so is Awakening a good start to the series? Seems like fun, i might just borrow it from one of my friends

It's really good. My GOTY last year along with LBW. It's not as strategic as the older Fire Emblem games but it's a great time all around. If you're new to it, don't play hardcore (your characters die for the rest of the playthrough if they fall in battle).

Markun

Yee buddy best Fire Emblem son by far. Mine had black hair though since his papa was Lon'qu

My Avatar ended up being his daddy. That was totally the best family ever, or at least I think it is!

Oh haha that's cool. I should play the fire emblem game. I got a a 3ds; however, it just collects dust while my vita gets all the playtime.

It is a very good starting point to the series! The game isn't too hard, except if you're on Lunatic or you only stick to leveling up in story battles, but there are some stages that can be a little difficult. It's also less strategic than the rest of the games since it took out certain things in previous games like fog of war and siege weapons. The game also has a Casual mode which turns off permadeath. It's a nice addition if you hated permadeath in the previous titles. The characters are the main highlight for me though. Some of them are kind of eh, but the cast was really fun for the most part and I liked them. There's also a lot to do like filling out the support log and raising your characters to be broken as possible.

So yeah, Awakening is great all around even if it's not the hardest game around. I recommend it!

Hachitora

Alright, I'll borrow it from a friend once school starts again (maybe i should just buy it so i can spend more time with endgame stuff lol)
Definitely playing on casual since i can't stand permadeath. I played the GBA game on an emulator so i always reverted my save state whenever someone died T~T

Edit: dammit phoenix, why didja have to mention LBW? You've just reminded me that I really want to replay that game. But so much backloooggggg

Hugstable

Banned
My Avatar ended up being his daddy. That was totally the best family ever, or at least it is!

It is a very good starting point to the series! The game isn't too hard, except if you're on Lunatic or you only stick to leveling up in story battles, but there are some stages that can be a little difficult. It's also less strategic than the rest of the games since it took out certain things in previous games like fog of war and siege weapons. The game also has a Casual mode which turns off permadeath. It's a nice addition if you hated permadeath in the previous titles. The characters are the main highlight for me though. Some of them are kind of eh, but the cast was really fun for the most part and I liked them. There's also a lot to do like filling out the support log and raising your characters to be broken as possible.

So yeah, Awakening is great all around even if it's not the hardest game around. I recommend it!

Yeah Awakening is definitely ranked in my Top 3 Fire Emblem games along with Geneology of the Holy War and Fire Emblem 7 (Fire Emblem in US). My favorite part of Awakening was definitely the characters and the interactions you could have between battles. Plus all the classic Fire Emblem Mechanics mixed in with the Relationship and Children mechanics made the game even more deep and much more replayable. They even added a casual mode to help out those who aren't fans of the permadeath! I had my Avatar marry Cherche <3. Chrom married Olivia :D

Edit: dammit phoenix, why didja have to mention LBW? You've just reminded me that I really want to replay that game. But so much backloooggggg

I just beat it like a month ago, so fun! Brought back so many memories since Link to the Past was like 1 of 3 SNES games I actually owned when I was a kid, so I played the hell out of the game. Really enjoyed some of the new dungeon designs like the new Ice Cave

Marche90

Got trolled so hard by the first EX song just now.

You see, I had already made it through the song, but I only managed to keep 2 stamina at the end. So far so good, since I already made it through the song, right? I forgot what you guys mentioned about a single note at the end of the song coming out of nowhere, and a Star note, at that. Miss, 0 stamina. Lost at the last possible note

*groan*

EDIT: Make that the game and my cellphone. The digitalizer of my phone fails randomly, but normally just turning the screen off and on fixes the problem. It decided to fail after starting another 25 lp song. I try to fix the problem but to my surprise, the usual method doesn't fix it this time. After that I pressed home accidentaly and press the wrong icon to trying to go back to the game, which takes me to the camera, and when I try to go back to the game

BUSHIROAD

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

I think that's enough LoveLive for today. Anyway, I still need to recharge all my LP...

Mokoi

Banned
Got trolled so hard by the first EX song just now.

You see, I had already made it through the song, but I only managed to keep 2 stamina at the end. So far so good, since I already made it through the song, right? I forgot what you guys mentioned about a single note at the end of the song coming out of nowhere, and a Star note, at that. Miss, 0 stamina. Lost at the last possible note

*groan*

Hehe, same shit happened to me right now. Except that last troll note cost me a FC.

Edit: Fuck! second time to happen.

14666143512_3fe3cf8f16_b.jpg

Draxal

Yeah Awakening is definitely ranked in my Top 3 Fire Emblem games along with Geneology of the Holy War and Fire Emblem 7 (Fire Emblem in US). My favorite part of Awakening was definitely the characters and the interactions you could have between battles. Plus all the classic Fire Emblem Mechanics mixed in with the Relationship and Children mechanics made the game even more deep and much more replayable. They even added a casual mode to help out those who aren't fans of the permadeath! I had my Avatar marry Cherche <3. Chrom married Olivia :D

I just beat it like a month ago, so fun! Brought back so many memories since Link to the Past was like 1 of 3 SNES games I actually owned when I was a kid, so I played the hell out of the game. Really enjoyed some of the new dungeon designs like the new Ice Cave

Oddly enough, those are my three fav fire emblem games as well. I think we're one of the few that rate all three of those games that high.

Jintor

My top is FE7, but I might rethink that if I ever replay it. But I've only played Sacred Stones and Awakening otherwise (and dropped the Shadow Dragon remake because fuuuuuuuuuuck that).

I need to get my hands on the console ones at some point

Awakening's lame main story and allowing-for-grindy game design kinda irritate me, to be honest. The characters are great but the story's not good enough to really support them

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Blew 15k friend points in the English version and finally got four of the two new normals to idolize.

Also, still no Umi or Eli Cool Rares, so my Cool team is still shit. :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh so Expert is B-Side Hard for the A-Side songs. That's cool. I'll give them a butchers.

Thinking of leaving stuff till the event so I have things to do during it so I don't get bored grinding.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
EX songs are fun. The harder songs are really enjoyable for me. I have some iTunes credit for pulls but I'm not sure if I'll wait or not. The recently added cards don't interest me that much. I'll probably give in and do a 10+1 at some point though. If I get nothing but an already idolized SR though it's going to hurt me.

Edit:
Oh God...

Congratulations that's an awesome pull! Probably the best I've seen in the thread.

Was underwhelmed by Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life on expert, it wasn't any harder than some of the hard songs. Yujo no Change EX caught me by surprise with it's speed though. It was more in line of what I expected from expert mode. Hope to see more expert songs soon!

Hachitora

Oh God...

I'M FREE OF THIS UR-LESS CURSE! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY INDEED! THANK YOU, UMI!

I'll save a seat for you in the UR club, Motok.
Damn, nice draw. You also got yourself some nice SRs too.
Very nice, congrats!

I will remain here in the UR-less Club, all alone.

For eternity. ;_;
Don't worry, we can cry here in the UR-less club together
until I draw for UR Rin and Maki

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
With my Nico SRs I've now got teams of only SRs and up.... That snuck up on me. I really need to stop spending money here.
I already have some iTunes credit waiting
. Still I think it's time to make a real effort to slow down. I don't really regret it but I really let it get away from me. Doing draws has provided me with some fun for sure but I can't really claim the dollar value works out...

no change EX isn't bad. i need to get my head a round the short holds near the end though.

the OP song on EX is a tricky one for thumb players, which i imagine is gonna be a problem for all songs down the road :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
With my Nico SRs I've now got teams of only SRs and up.... That snuck up on me. I really need to stop spending money here.
I already have some iTunes credit waiting
. Still I think it's time to make a real effort to slow down. I don't really regret it but I really let it get away from me. Doing draws has provided me with some fun for sure but I can't really claim the dollar value works out...
It is like slot machines in that you feel some "juice" seeing the animation and hoping you "win". It's why all these games do that, because you learn to associate that animation with the potential of joy. It's really smart. lol

Having all your teams be full of SRs though? You must have kickass teams at least!

Hugstable

Banned
no change EX isn't bad. i need to get my head a round the short holds near the end though.

the OP song on EX is a tricky one for thumb players, which i imagine is gonna be a problem for all songs down the road :(

Yeah once I get the beginning and the short holds at the end better I can actually see myself being able to FC this Yujo no Change EX sometime soon

Jintor

i lost my voice on bohemian rhapsody anyway

surprisingly i can read katakana and hirigana fast enough to keep up with most of the more popular k hits, but it's all phonetics lol apart from the odd word here and there

Markun

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! I'm still so happy about that draw

Also, the JP version is now down for 14 hours for maintenance. At least they're giving away 3 love stones for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom