• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhairedking

Oh my Lord I need that Maki figure. Also I just became a full member! Most of my posts are in this thread I'd imagine so I just wanted to thank you guys for having awesome discussions about idols.

Markun

Oh my Lord I need that Maki figure. Also I just became a full member! Most of my posts are in this thread I'd imagine so I just wanted to thank you guys for having awesome discussions about idols.

Congrats! I believe some congratulatory shakes are in order here.

S3VQuA9.gif

Mokoi

Banned

UmixKotoridancing.gif

Congrats! This thread also let me hit member status too. Pretty much all of my posts are here.

Hachitora

Banzai! This thread is probably gonna be where the majority of my posts are too =w= What are the requirements for becoming a member btw? I remember it being something like 300 posts and 3 months, right? Or am I going insane?

kaiyo

It's actually not that hard. Well, maybe if you're a phone user, it's damn near impossible, but on my iPad, it's doable. Now, I just gotta do it. Cleared it on the JP side a long time ago, time to double up.

(I clear that part about 50% of the time...unfortunately so far this week, that 50% hasn't matched with the other 50% of the time that I clear the rest of the song).

I just FC that song on my phone with thumbs :p

Mokoi

Banned
We are getting figures based on these illustrations:

Oh okay now I can see the picture, and Yay! Yay! I really want that Kotori fig.

A bit off-topic, but do any fans of this follow Pretty Rhythm/PriPara? I actually found them before I found Love Live!, so...
Nope I don't follow those two franchises, and just looked up what they were about. Not a fan of the character designs/overall artstyle.

hmmm scaled figure of Bokutachi Nico? (just artwork atm)

yo do the rest of the bokura wa ima figs first tbh

Yeah they should start with the others first.

"Oh right. Best Buy $100 itunes card for $85 ends today. Guess I'll check."

"Up front near the register? Ok."

"Guess they're sold out. Well, maybe there's some in the Apple section..."

"Alright. Looks like I'm safe! Hm, it says to ask someone about it... what? go to Customer Service? Ok.."

"What? Go to that rack over there? Well, I don't see anythi-"

"Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff"

Ever since I switched from tablet to phone I've gotten worse at this game. The framerate is also very different and I haven't been able to get used to it. I'll never full combo anything again.

did you try to re adjust timing?

I haven't but it probably wont help. No only is the framerate definitely slower, its also spotty. It dips to sub <15fps when a lot of notes are on screen and messes up my timing even more. It's almost borderline unplayable but I'll endure until I get my tablet back from repairs for the third time. Never buy a Nexus 7.

kaiyo

I haven't but it probably wont help. No only is the framerate definitely slower, its also spotty. It dips to sub <15fps when a lot of notes are on screen and messes up my timing even more. It's almost borderline unplayable but I'll endure until I get my tablet back from repairs for the third time. Never buy a Nexus 7.
Old phone?

Mokoi

Banned

lowut! How can you tell what the framerate is, and yeah are you using a old phone?

Old phone?

lowut! How can you tell what the framerate is, and yeah are you using a old phone?

I can tell with my magic eyes! Nah, I'm just guesstimating based on how choppy it looks. It's an oldish phone but not that old (Galaxy S3). I already uninstalled a bunch of apps that run in the background with not much improvement. The end of hold notes are really messed up, sometimes I get a perfect when I let go before it reaches the end, sometimes I get a bad. I'm not sure how else to improve it.

m0t0k1

I can tell with my magic eyes! Nah, I'm just guesstimating based on how choppy it looks. It's an oldish phone but not that old (Galaxy S3). I already uninstalled a bunch of apps that run in the background with not much improvement. The end of hold notes are really messed up, sometimes I get a perfect when I let go before it reaches the end, sometimes I get a bad. I'm not sure how else to improve it.

Strange i run a moto g and power wise it's about the same as a samsung S3 and never have lag or stuff. What version of android are you running mine runs on 4.3 maybe more choppy at older firmware?

froliq

I'm on Galaxy S3 and it has been running fine. My phone freezes and chokes sometimes, but that has been happening in all other apps and even with no apps on.

I recently updated to KitKat and the performance got a little better but not by much. I dl'd a lot of crap but maybe some of it still lingers. I should probably do a factory reset but I'm lazy.

Yui

Strange i run a moto g and power wise it's about the same as a samsung S3 and never have lag or stuff. What version of android are you running mine runs on 4.3 maybe more choppy at older firmware?

Nah, raw power isn't really the issue here, I guess.
I used to play the game on a S3 and had the same problems phoenix is having. Something makes the game to slow down during songs. On rare occasions it doesn't slow down, which obviously is even worse for your timing.
At first I thought the game was supposed to run like this, but as soon as I tried it on my Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) it was like a whole new world. It's like playing a game on 15 fps for 2 months and suddenly playing the same game on 60 fps.
At least in terms of smoothness while the notes are rushing over the screen.

So I guess you have to get used to it and accept the fact that you will FC songs only on rare lucky occasions, or get a new phone/tablet if possible. :/

I'm on Galaxy S3 and it has been running fine. My phone freezes and chokes sometimes, but that has been happening in all other apps and even with no apps on.

I used to think it was fine too, until I played it like it was supposed to be. And I guess phoenix is having this issue because he switched from smooth to not smooth at all.

I think another problem I'm having is adjusting to the different screen sizes. My fingers don't have to move around as much but I'm not used to it. I guess it's still better than playing with dead spots on the screen. My tablet couldn't recognize touches for one note (just left of the center) which killed me several times during the Umi event.

StayDead

<3. Best episode of Love Live! besides the Holloween and Nozomi episode. The greatest crime is that Umi never got her own episode :I

&#28023;&#12384;

&#28023;&#12384;

4GLb33e.jpg

&#28023;&#12384;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#12354;&#65281;

m0t0k1

Nah, raw power isn't really the issue here, I guess.
I used to play the game on a S3 and had the same problems phoenix is having. Something makes the game to slow down during songs. On rare occasions it doesn't slow down, which obviously is even worse for your timing.
At first I thought the game was supposed to run like this, but as soon as I tried it on my Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) it was like a whole new world. It's like playing a game on 15 fps for 2 months and suddenly playing the same game on 60 fps.
At least in terms of smoothness while the notes are rushing over the screen.

So I guess you have to get used to it and accept the fact that you will FC songs only on rare lucky occasions, or get a new phone/tablet if possible. :/

I used to think it was fine too, until I played it like it was supposed to be. And I guess phoenix is having this issue because he switched from smooth to not smooth at all.

Yeah that would be really hard if it lags only had some crashes but never lag i never played it on tablet so don't know if that is easier but i think it should be since the buttons are bigger. speaking about FC Just 2 days ago i S-combo and S-ranked my first expert song. It was Yuujou no change was pretty easy to do never played the earlier songs on expert. To bad its gone now since it was really easy to play for the event.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone actually switch between two devices? I just got a new phone that can run it well but it seems like too much of a hassle. I think I'll just stick to my iPad.

m0t0k1

Does anyone actually switch between two devices? I just got a new phone that can run it well but it seems like too much of a hassle. I think I'll just stick to my iPad.

I don't think switching between 2 devices is that easy right? since you need to use your code all the time. seems irritating. Just got my kotori and looks like things are heating up. I used to be 1000 points ahead of 35k starting this morning. But just played and now am lagging behind 1000 points of the 35k mark. Hope things slow a bit down. Because i do want that second SR :p

Hugstable

Banned
I'm the realest

Rin is my 3rd favorite

I want to be the biggest Rin fan but shes pretty popular in JP haha. Rin is my favorite cause of her singing voice and the adorable nyaa~. Plus her character episode was just too good! My other 2 favorites are Umi and Nozomi with the braid hairsytle.

kaiyo

I'm using a Galaxy nexus(equivalent to the S2), only times the game lag is when there's something in the background. When I mean lag, I mean it pauses and then a couple of notes just pass by/teleport. Only happened 4-5 times recently, after that update from the play store.

Mazre

Finally worked through my heart/flower backlog. Within 1k of Kotori and roughly 3.5k till Honkers, gonna be close but I think I'll squeek by on EN without any loveca spent.

redhairedking

Now that I think about it, how many other people here would put Rin in their top 3? I feel like we're an endangered species :(

I'm not actually sure at this point. I was never a big fan of Rin but I loved her character episode and her singing voice is wonderful. Maki is my favorite hands down, but after that it gets rather murky.

I do relatively frequently. During events I want to make sure I play at work, so in the morning I'll transfer to my phone then back again when I get home. Granted, I work four days a week and two of those days are working from home, so its not like I have to do it all that often. Never had a problem with the transfer process though.

edit - In regards to Rin, I always got the impression she was like the "lost member" of Muse. Yeah, she had that one episode about her in S2, but off all the characters it seemed like she was the least noteworthy of the group.

Hachitora

I'm not actually sure at this point. I was never a big fan of Rin but I loved her character episode and her singing voice is wonderful. Maki is my favorite hands down, but after that it gets rather murky.
Yeah in terms of character, Maki's probably my favorite. But my favorite singer is definitely Rin. Maki's voice seems to be different for a lot of the songs, and it sometimes sounds too nasally. But when it's good, it's really good (see No Brand Girls). Rin's voice is just consistently amazing. Or should I say, NYAmazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom