• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
34 stones used

BvDwp2MCEAEVS4k.jpg:orig

C-can I stop now? So damn tired. Sorry I couldn't do better Eli. I'll make it up to you by buying more merch ;_;

chrono01

34 stones used

C-can I stop now? So damn tired. Sorry I couldn't do better Eli. I'll make it up to you by buying more merch ;_;
NOT ENOUGH! Get back in there!

...In all seriousness, that should be enough. Should be. However, it's hard to estimate how crazy things might get near the end. >_<

chrono01

One more Loveca, and using my remaining Tokens, should give me just enough time to naturally replenish my LP in time to level up, without using a second Loveca, granting me an additional two...maybe three runs on the daily Hard song before the event ends, giving me even more "free" tokens to use.

Who knew Love Live had so much math?

PewPewK

Does the event end at 2 AM or 3 AM Pacific Time? I can never remember or not if their "Above times do not take summertime into account" means the times are shifted by an hour.

PewPewK

53EDB08D505A980020

53EDB3763B20320021

(not mine)

They adjusted the amount of XP required to level in the JP version? I'm rank 74 in the US and require 1998 XP to level. He's 99 and only needs 1430? Does that mean when we get the eventual 2.0 update, many of us are going to fly up in levels?

raven777

They adjusted the amount of XP required to level in the JP version? I'm rank 74 in the US and require 1998 XP to level. He's 99 and only needs 1430? Does that mean when we get the eventual 2.0 update, many of us are going to fly up in levels?

yes they adjusted the XP required up to lvl 100 by half in Japanese version.

raven777

So if we reach level 100 before they adjust it, we'll be level 200 post-adjustment?

No. Only up to lvl 100. So if you are over lvl 100 before the update, I don't think you are affected at all as far as I know.

I was level 96 or something before update and after the update I was 99.

PewPewK

I edited my original post, I meant 3AM. Just so you know. :)

Ah, even better, then I can get it!

No. Only up to lvl 100. So if you are over lvl 100 before the update, I don't think you are affected at all as far as I know.

I was level 96 or something before update and after the update I was 99.

I see. It makes sense, since they have so many new songs that having to reach level 100 to access the majority would be too laborious for newcomers. Cutting it in half means you need to only reach the equivalent of level 50 to experience all those songs.

But at the same time, it devalues our achievement to not be adjusted. I find it a bit annoying that if I'm rank 101 when this patch hits and another user is rank 50, they could be bumped up to 100 despire the really disparate amount of time and effort placed into the game. There'd be no way to tell if they were a veteran or newbie.

But in the end, rank doesn't really matter - it's just a personal preference of mine. I see the need to do it from a gameplay perspective, but their exact implementation (if I understand it correctly) of it I find a bit annoying.

JoeFu

Banned
I did two pulls in the jp person and got garbage.... :( oh well I did pull a UR once. I bet my luck is gone in that version.

chrono01

I'm about 1.8k above the 1000 mark. Not sure that holds.
Might be tight.

Hard to say what the final hour will be like, though!

Ah, even better, then I can get it!
Best of luck to you!

As for me, I'm sitting at 26,128 right now. That will go up by a few hundred or so before the final tally, but not too much more than that. I think I'm done spending whatever Loveca I've spent. Whatever else I get will be from my current gained LP and when I Rank Up here shortly.

That should be enough for the Top 1000, but you never know...

Kincaido

Eh, screw it. 1 or 2 more stones. Noticed that I dropped to 102 and the gap between me and 200 is now only 3k. I don't feel safe enough.

PewPewK

So the JP event is over, and with guarnateed SR pulls I decided to try my luck with my 100 lovegems...

Um...

T3EUEhj.png

DbXL21e.png

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!? WHY CAN'T I GET THIS SHIT ON THE ENGLISH VERSION WHERE I ACTUALLY CARE!? DID I JUST FUCKING USE UP ALL MY GODDAMNED LUCK FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS!?!?!?!

UGUGUGHUGHUGHGUH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL... SHOULD I BE HAPPY THAT I GOT 3 UR'S FROM 2 PULLS OR ANGRY THAT ITS IN THE JAPANESE VERSION I'M ONLY PLAYING FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES ON THE SIDE!?

Fuck... the rates for the JP version aren't different, are they? It says 1% UR on the page still, but maybe the way the guaranteed SR event works is calculated differently. That or I just got so unbelievably lucky...

PewPewK

Congrats man!

I believe the rates are supposed to be the same, but I guess no one but KLab knows for sure. Either way, nice draws!

Is it odd I feel more despair because I've spent like $40 on pulls in the EN version and haven't seen a UR yet and I've spent $0 in the JP, and now have 3 URs?

I'm out of the UR-less club, but if anything, I feel despair that I have now officially used up all my luck in the universe and will never get a UR on the EN version.

chrono01

Is it odd I feel more despair because I've spent like $40 on pulls in the EN version and haven't seen a UR yet and I've spent $0 in the JP, and now have 3 URs?

I'm out of the UR-less club, but if anything, I feel despair that I have now officially used up all my luck in the universe and will never get a UR on the EN version.
I've spent close to $70 so far and no UR for me either. :(

Who knows? Maybe your luck will continue into the EN version tomorrow when the 10+1SR event starts.

Probably not. :/

JoeFu

Banned
So the JP event is over, and with guarnateed SR pulls I decided to try my luck with my 100 lovegems...

Um...

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!? WHY CAN'T I GET THIS SHIT ON THE ENGLISH VERSION WHERE I ACTUALLY CARE!? DID I JUST FUCKING USE UP ALL MY GODDAMNED LUCK FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS!?!?!?!

UGUGUGHUGHUGHGUH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL... SHOULD I BE HAPPY THAT I GOT 3 UR'S FROM 2 PULLS OR ANGRY THAT ITS IN THE JAPANESE VERSION I'M ONLY PLAYING FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES ON THE SIDE!?

Fuck... the rates for the JP version aren't different, are they? It says 1% UR on the page still, but maybe the way the guaranteed SR event works is calculated differently. That or I just got so unbelievably lucky...

Wowowowowowowowow that luck. JP version is better anyways lol

Paprikka

Currently around 19000 points, I think I'm just going to cut my losses short this time instead of trying a mad rush to top 1000 and failing like I did with Umi. This way I wont have to worry too since I'll easily stay top 2000 with that score.

I just seem to have the worst luck in finding time for the cool events.

chrono01

Currently around 19000 points, I think I'm just going to cut my losses short this time instead of trying a mad rush to top 1000 and failing like I did with Umi. This way I wont have to worry too since I'll easily stay top 2000 with that score.

I just seem to have the worst luck in finding time for the cool events.
Probably for the best.

Given that it's at 23.1k [as of the last update] for the Top 1000, you would have to make up around 5k points [at least] to give yourself a shot. That's a lot of grinding, and honestly, even going at it for an hour and a half [the remainder of the event] it would be rough. :(

PewPewK

In other news, I guess I'm going to be playing the JP version more seriously now.

Anyone got slots open on their friends list for me? I'm apparently pure luck in the JP version, so you'd be smart to add me. My friend ID is 595053206.

If its anything like the EN version, now that I have UR's I'll be getting a lot of requests, so if you have GAF somewhere in your profile it'd help sorting through it.

Kincaido

Congrats PewPew. I sent you a request. Have the same Eli as my avatar as my leader. I have 2 URs, but refuse to set either of them as my leader because Hanayo. Plz understand everyone

Mokoi

Banned

Um...

Damm! Talk about being lucky. Also sent ya a request too.

In other news, I guess I'm going to be playing the JP version more seriously now.

Anyone got slots open on their friends list for me? I'm apparently pure luck in the JP version, so you'd be smart to add me. My friend ID is 595053206.

If its anything like the EN version, now that I have UR's I'll be getting a lot of requests, so if you have GAF somewhere in your profile it'd help sorting through it.

Sent a request. I barely play the JP version though.

Yui

DID I JUST FUCKING USE UP ALL MY GODDAMNED LUCK FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS!?!?!?!

Yup, hf with those single SRs in your guaranteed draws in the ENG version.
But congrats! :D

---------

@my "epic" quest for top 1000:
Yeah... due to internet problems I couldn't even get to 13.000 points, so... let's not talk about it... Q_Q

Also, dat panda Nico... HNNNGG! >_>

-----------
Extra:
fdsgfdgdfgsdrgbty.png

chrono01

The rankings aren't updating as they normally do. This is making it extra stressful. >_<

Actually, I think they are updating there's just no change. It seems my score was updated, so it seems as though the Top 1000 is still at 23.7k.

tenton

The rankings aren't updating as they normally do. This is making it extra stressful. >_<

Actually, I think they are updating there's just no change. It seems my score was updated, so it seems as though the Top 1000 is still at 23.7k.

Update doesn't kick in until the half hour. Last update in ~5 min. Looking like 25k is the safe point. Might even need slightly more than 25k, but the update will tell us everything.

Edit: That is, last update that can give us information. Of course there's a score update after the event is over, but that doesn't help us during the event. :p

chrono01

Update doesn't kick in until the half hour. Last update in ~5 min. Looking like 25k is the safe point. Might even need slightly more than 25k, but the update will tell us everything.

Edit: That is, last update that can give us information. Of course there's a score update after the event is over, but that doesn't help us during the event. :p
Yeah, seems like 24.6k is the cut-off now. Increased by about 900 or so.

tenton

Yeah, seems like 24.6k is the cut-off now. Increased by about 900 or so.

834, actually. The max end will be not be higher than 24602+834 (25436), since the last half hour has never beaten the previous hour. Likely going to be slightly over 25k, though.

tenton

Finished with 25269, not sure if it will be enough this time

You and I, dancing with death. I'm at 25291. We're probably okay; hoping the total is at 25.1k, but who knows? :p

Edit: Like I said, no event ever (JP and EN) has ever had the last half hour beat the last full hour. So you know that's the absolute worst. Especially with relatively high last hours (can't fit enough points into the last half hour). So everyone above 25436, you're fine for top 1000. Everyone above 35029, you should be okay for Top 200.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy poop at the three URs. lol

thats too bad. I mean there are way more people playing that version than the ENG version I think, so I guess people are finally getting serious or something.

I think the TW version has over 500k players while ENG had over 200k as of last event?
Yeah, it's kind of a pain, missing out on both the Honkers and Eli double up. But maybe I'll spend a few gems last time and see if I can make it for the next one.

Well, just joined the UR club as well (if you don't count the free one for logging in five times or whatever it was).

J2l83il.jpg

Wish there was at least one SR in there, but I'm still pretty new in the JP version, so this is still quite helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom