• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
6) cool

Hanayo's event song sucks! I'm already tired of hearing it, and I just played it two times. The song is pure torture! I don't want to play anymore.

Hanayo and Mokoi's first happy time wasn't the special time they hoped it would be.

Hugstable

Banned
Hanayo and Mokoi's first happy time wasn't the special time they hoped it would be.

i3274Dj1G7r0.gif

Mokoi

Banned
My motivation, it's already gone... Q_Q
So I will just collect tokens over the next couple of days.

They better add the 4x version at the end, otherwise I'm done with the ENG version until they add it.

What little motivation I had died after hearing the event song. I won't be getting Kayo-chin today. Also I got errands to go run.

Git gud, FC first try

Also the song isn't bad at all. I actually like this song. I think it was one of the first EX songs I could beat without any problems.

The song is bad though. Not hard to play, but just a very unpleasant song to listen too.

I usually just maximize LP until the last day then I'll spend gems as many times as needed to get the second card. Hopefully I get it this time and avoid being 200 points short like I was with Nico.

JoeFu

Banned
It wasn't lack of love gems it was lack of time. (I thought I would be smart and save 500 tokens 3hrs before the event ended. Turns out it takes longer to burn through tokens then I thought)

Doing the math it should have only taken like 30 minutes max. Were you busy with other stuff??

Mokoi

Banned
Why are you even playing the game? You'd be better off spending money on getting all the URs. lol

Yeah because Nun is Love Nun is Life. Nahh, do you think I mute every song I play? Ha, no I rarely do that sometimes when I grind. I play the game because it's a fun rhythm game.

Doing the math it should have only taken like 30 minutes max. Were you busy with other stuff??

To busy watching school days I bet.

I wasn't thinking I'd be too many points short of top 1000. Turns out I was several thousand points short so I had to spend loveca as fast as possible but in the end I didn't make it.

lovetan

Neo Member
I'M SO SAD I MISSED HALF A DAY OF KAYOCHIN

I was on vacation on some remote Canadian island with ZERO wifi and I don't have data... I'm so sorry Hanayo... Now I have to spend extra gems to catch up

m0t0k1

Mfw playing love live on plane and dude next to me asks what I'm doing

Take him with you to the wonder zone!!!!! But how do you can play on a plane? When i even look at my phone they go like no phones allowed in a plane!

I'M SO SAD I MISSED HALF A DAY OF KAYOCHIN

I was on vacation on some remote Canadian island with ZERO wifi and I don't have data... I'm so sorry Hanayo... Now I have to spend extra gems to catch up

I know that feel bro i wanted to go for the eri event but completly missed it. Welcome back.

Pikastew

Neo Member
I wouldn't even have the confidence to play if someone had the chance of seeing me :p don't even know what I'd do in that situation.

Lol I just told him it was rhythm game similar to DDR and he seemed to get it.

thanks!

I wish my love was stronger than my shame, I either have to hide at work or be careful to use the break room when everyone else is busy.

That's my secret. I give relatively few fucks.

Take him with you to the wonder zone!!!!! But how do you can play on a plane? When i even look at my phone they go like no phones allowed in a plane!

This is the first time I've flown in a while but apparently US Airways finally recognizes that airplane mode is a thing and there is a paid wifi service while in the air. My best friend's sister flies a lot for work so I'm using her wifi subscription.

pariah164

Okay, stupid question time...

A couple of my Idolized Rares are max level/bond, but when I go to the Practice Screen, they are still selectable. Does this mean I can use fodder on them for some other reason?

Mokoi

Banned
done with new EXs

Black magic.

First try. Should be pretty easy to perfect combo. Man I miss the EX version of this song. So much more fun.

Black magic.

Okay, stupid question time...

A couple of my Idolized Rares are max level/bond, but when I go to the Practice Screen, they are still selectable. Does this mean I can use fodder on them for some other reason?

Yes you can use them as fodder if you like or you can use them to level up the skills of the same card. Although that wouldn't make any sense because you should just use non idolized rare cards if you plan to level up the skills. Hope that makes sense. I'm super tired, ans been writing very incoherent the past hour.

pariah164

Yes you can use them as fodder if you like or you can use them to level up the skills of the same card. Although that wouldn't make any sense because you should just use non idolized rare cards if you plan to level up the skills. Hope that makes sense. I'm super tired, ans been writing very incoherent the past hour.
It's okay, it makes sense. And I just used two Loveca to refill my LP twice.

Sob, soweak.

chrono01

6.3k points atm, time for a break, the game keeps closing everytime I leave the app, dunno why its doing that but its no biggie
Same thing is happening with me. Granted it only takes an extra...5 seconds maybe, to go through the title screen and all that, but it's still annoying.

Oh, also annoying is having 71LP, since I can't immediately use my Loveca for a refresh in grinding the event song. I have to use up 50LP, wait 24 minutes, and then use the extra 4LP I gained on the 25LP song and THEN use my Loveca. It'll be so much easier when I hit 75LP...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Leaving the house with 50 something in used lp on eng version. Glad I don't care about the event this time

Kumubou

You guys are nutters -- I forgot the event even started. Then again, I had a busy day at work -- wouldn't have been able to play even if I wanted to.

spent 4 bucks yesternight to get 6 lovegems for a 50 gem draw
i got shit
fuck off bushiroad, never paying again
Welcome to mobile games, where you either have to play like a cheapskate or go full whale to get anywhere. Trying to dink and dunk your way to success in this game is only going to lead to Despair. You really are unlikely to make any more progress than if you spent absolutely nothing unless you drop a whole wad of cash.

chrono01

I'm hesitant to spend more money on this game, despite really enjoying it, since I'm not sure of its longevity. I don't mind spending money on Puzzle & Dragons, since that will be around for a very long time [it helps that it's an original IP and not based off an anime series], but for Love Live, this game could be a distant memory in late 2015.

Granted, I've already spend over $50, so I contributed to it a bit, I'm just a bit reluctant to put anymore into it. I'll likely save up/use whatever Loveca I get in general progression and see how things go. :/

chrono01

cool its not just me getting the closing and yeah 75 LP is pretty awesome, getting those three plays done without waiting is nice (of course I have been refilling LP a ton) I will be able to rank up again tonight in jp and be five ranks away from 75 LP there @__@
Nope, definitely not just you. It started sometime yesterday [before maintenance] and, considering that was no patch, I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe something on their sever-side?

And yeah, 75LP must be nice. Once I hit that point, I'll sit there and just power through my remaining Loveca for the event. I'm not sure if I'll make it for Hanayo, but definitely for the next one.

Draxal

Nope, definitely not just you. It started sometime yesterday [before maintenance] and, considering that was no patch, I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe something on their sever-side?

And yeah, 75LP must be nice. Once I hit that point, I'll sit there and just power through my remaining Loveca for the event. I'm not sure if I'll make it for Hanayo, but definitely for the next one.

74 is the magic number. Once you hit 75 ur wasting lp.

chrono01

74 is the magic number. Once you hit 75 ur wasting lp.
True. I didn't factor in the time actually playing the songs.

By the way, this no resume thing is irritating. I had just started a 25LP song and needed to go do something. No problem, right? Just Pause and then come back to it! I hit Pause, locked my screen [I didn't even press the Home button], and was gone for no more than two minutes. When I unlocked the screen it immediately loaded the title screen. When I went to look at my LP, 25LP was gone and the song was immediately wasted. I am not happy.

So as a warning to those suffering this same issue, if you start a song...finish it. If you lock your screen, for anything whatsoever, you will likely lose all of the LP you put into it.

Normally I wouldn't be upset, but since this is happening during an event [where LP is extremely important], it's especially bothersome. ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom