• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

Me too, but at least we’ll get Cinderella Girls at some point next year. Still… Im@s is primarily a game thing, so the anime is (probably) just a bonus and also a means for Namco to get more people into the franchise.

Never been a big fan of the Cinderella Girls. I don't like it that much when a group gets to big i lost count of how many. They start to feel more like numbers then girls. Kind of like pokemon after 251 i forgot :p But i am probably going to watch it. I did some sales comparisens in the imas thread if you are interested but intrest and the design choices all changed thanks to the anime so it really did have an big impact on the series as a whole. So that is why i hoped for a S2 but with one for all i hope they have some new material to do it.

So, I never watched IDOLM@STER or played a game Is the anime any good?

Well i am heavely biased so you should know that. After FMA Brother hood in 2009 i was done with anime loved it but got kind of in a slump. could not stand any of the squaky voices same storylines, the doshios and always the same story lines. Yeah i only watched shonen at the time did not know much about other series.

So skip a few years too 2012. I was in an accident and i could not walk for a couple of months. I got fat because i could not do any sports and sad and borred because i could not play games all the time was grewing sick of that the only thing to do. So i was browsing twitch and saw somebody play Idolmaster 2 and loved the idea of managing girls to become the best. if you want to know more about the game visit the OT i explained some of the game mechanics there in the OP http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819112&highlight=

So i started to search more about the franchise and discovered there was an anime and instantly fell in love. The Songs the dances, the characters the story everything was wat i needed at the time the postive energy of overcoming your problems. So i started watching anime again and discovered there are lots of great more stuff then just shonen. But Idolmaster will always hold a special place in my heart because it draged me through a rough period. I am not like all those nerds saying this changed my life etc. But it was just what i needed at that moment. So because of my feelings it is the best anime ever. so that is why i am really biased to it being my favorite anime.

edit: Also fuck xenoglesia!! It does not even contain Miki. and Yayoi looks like she got hit by a truck!!!!

Mike's Anime of the Forever.

Xenoglossia_anime_visual.jpg

Not even watched Xenoglossia :p

Currently watching Puchim@s which is quite good too though.

qMNnESK.gif

fek

What will happen when Nozomi, Eli and Nico graduate? Will they find a way to keep them in the group or will they be replaced by new members?
I don't think it will affect the real group, the anime is just another story for the series. For the anime, it could just end and eventually get a movie or something. If they go for a new tv series it's possible we will get new members, yeah.

Ronok

Hmmm I'm at 2000 something points atm. No tokens. What's the likelihood of me making it to 12k before the event ends? lol

m0t0k1

hehehe I have you beat right now (3120 points)

but I am down to 296 mascots :(

Well my goal is to win the SR from the points and place 200.000 or higher to get 4 loveca stones so i have total of stones are 50 and wait for an 10+1 and guarranteed SR so i can add 2 SR's to my team soon :D

Ronok said:
Hmmm I'm at 2000 something points atm. No tokens. What's the likelihood of me making it to 12k before the event ends? lol
You still have 7 and a half day before the end of the event so you are trailing behind but it is still doable. edit try to avarage at 1200 points a day so you need 3600 by the end of the day :p or you could devide it a bit and try to do 1500 points a day to make up that behind time should come down by doing 4 sessions a day of 3 times hard. Man this makes me sound like FitnessGaf :p
t1401519600z1.png

Ronok

Well my goal is to win the SR from the points and place 200.000 or higher to get 4 loveca stones so i have total of stones are 50 and wait for an 10+1 and guarranteed SR so i can add 2 SR's to my team soon :D

You still have 7 and a half day before the end of the event so you are trailing behind but it is still doable. edit try to avarage at 1200 points a day so you need 3600 by the end of the day :p or you could devide it a bit and try to do 1500 points a day to make up that behind time should come down by doing 4 sessions a day of 3 times hard. Man this makes me sound like FitnessGaf :p
t1401519600z1.png

With my current team, the best I can get is 130 points per 30 tokens... I'm going to have to do the math... lol I'm not 100% sure i can make it. o.o

Ronok

Ok, I think that to make it without spending any loveca, I have to use litterally every possible lp... I'd need to plan my entire next week to get there. lol That's pretty sad. Of course, this isn't taking into account any team improvements before the deadline.

Yui

There's still no news on when we can expect the English event to go live, is there?

That's right, which is odd because they said it was a technical issue. One would think they had everything up and running in internal tests. So a tech issue only a couple of hours before releasse should be a small unexpected hiccup and nothing major.

I think I would go crazy juggling both events but if the english one was live, it would be priority

Yeah as soon as the english version starts rolling it's EN >>>> JP for me.

Managed to full combo Snow Halation, Koi no Button and Natsuiro today. At least now I know it's doable and that missing a beat is my fault and not the game's.

mermaid fiesta v1 for me.

try 1. fuck up miserably on that annoying part 1 min in.
try 2. ace that part but get like 1 good somewhere else.

out of juice!

few hours of work, come back.

repeat.

sigh*

Ronok

Errmm so I just got a random gift ticket for a free turn on the rare box on the JP version. I've never seen this before, does anyone know why I got it?

In any case I got a SR Umi. :)

184.jpg

m0t0k1

With my current team, the best I can get is 130 points per 30 tokens... I'm going to have to do the math... lol I'm not 100% sure i can make it. o.o

You also get points for scoring the tokens. So that is 30 points extra. so you need to do 2 hard songs to get 162 points that devided by 1200 that is 7,4 a day times the 2 songs and be sure to hit them all :p you need 3 hours a day to recover that lp so that devided by 24 is 8 times a day you can play haha guess you need to rely on some level ups or loveca stones to reach that. I would wait for the last day to see if it is still worth it to use those stones.

Christ, how many people play the game? lol

The ranking tracks to 500.000 so at least a half million people joint the contest. But you know this is the highest grossing IOS game in japan last month right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The ranking tracks to 500.000 so at least a half million people joint the contest. But you know this is the highest grossing IOS game in japan last month right?
What? Really? What happened to that dragon game that was making a trillion dollars a day?
You know, the dudes on the ANNCast said people were clamouring for Love Live merchandise at the retailer anime convention last month... I wonder if they were trying to get cards for this game. lol

Use this chart.
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Events

It is only worth playing the song on Hard if you can get a B-score with a full combo. Otherwise, play the song on Normal.

I'm only playing the english version but these events sound fun. It's too bad it got canceled/delayed for whatever reason.

EDIT: ^ Maki is so great.

m0t0k1

What? Really? What happened to that dragon game that was making a trillion dollars a day?
You know, the dudes on the ANNCast said people were clamouring for Love Live merchandise at the retailer anime convention last month... I wonder if they were trying to get cards for this game. lol

Just checked now and see Love live droped to 8th place highest grossing. PzD is now the biggest again. I believe it was the beginning of this month that i checked and was the highest. So maybe it was that high for a week or two.

edit: also 8th on the playstore man i wonder if these appanie numbers are trust worthy.

Chariot

Just checked now and see Love live droped to 8th place highest grossing. PzD is now the biggest again. I believe it was the beginning of this month that i checked and was the highest. So maybe it was that high for a week or two.

edit: also 8th on the playstore man i wonder if these appanie numbers are trust worthy.
Well, time for us to let it conquer the west. Fuck King.com!

Ronok

You also get points for scoring the tokens. So that is 30 points extra. so you need to do 2 hard songs to get 162 points that devided by 1200 that is 7,4 a day times the 2 songs and be sure to hit them all :p you need 3 hours a day to recover that lp so that devided by 24 is 8 times a day you can play haha guess you need to rely on some level ups or loveca stones to reach that. I would wait for the last day to see if it is still worth it to use those stones.

Yeah, I was counting the 30 extra in my calculations when I worked out how much lp I needed to get the card. T T

Use this chart.
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Events

It is only worth playing the song on Hard if you can get a B-score with a full combo. Otherwise, play the song on Normal.

Yeah, at the moment I'm only able to bet B full combo on Normal... lol I get the same number of points for S Full combo on easy done twice. v.v

I'm starting to think I should have saved all my tokens until later. Then used them when I potentially had a stronger team capable of getting A rank in normal. I didn't consider the fact it would be such a struggle to reach 12k points at first. lol

^maybe an event reward? However you got it though, nice pull!

Nope, not an event award. I'm only up to the Kizaki Akira prize so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Everyone gets a free Rare draw when they first start the game.

As for waiting to get a good team, you basically need a full team of Rares to get a B rank comfortably, so you would need luck and to spend points as well. I guess it depends on what you plan to do though.

Ronok

Everyone gets a free Rare draw when they first start the game.

As for waiting to get a good team, you basically need a full team of Rares to get a B rank comfortably, so you would need luck and to spend points as well. I guess it depends on what you plan to do though.

Really? Strange I didn't get one on the English version. o.o No big deal though.

Yeah, I don't exepct to be able to get a B on Hard mode. I'm just hoping to increase my score on normal. I can full combo it easily enough, but only score a B.

tenton

what does that skill do? o_O

What the hell kind of translation is that?

The skill basically bumps up your good and greats to perfects for the time period specified. It's a hoot to have 4 of them going at once (there's a red ! on all your idols when it's in effect; 4 going at once means there are 4 red ! on each icon), even though that doesn't have any extra effect.

(I suppose I've had more in effect at one time, but I think I stopped paying attention to it after a while).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really? Strange I didn't get one on the English version. o.o No big deal though.

Yeah, I don't exepct to be able to get a B on Hard mode. I'm just hoping to increase my score on normal. I can full combo it easily enough, but only score a B.
For reference, my team has 5 Rares and I can only get an S on Normal if I do an A-combo or higher.

That said, I don't think I could play a song on Easy... it's just too mind numbing. And since the 4x thing doesn't give you 4x experience, it's really not worth it to wait for that. I guess the good thing about being low level when you go into an event is that you're more likely to level up during the event at least.

yeah it's pricey but at least they do the guaranteed SRs sometimes (and you get 11 pulls for the price of 10)

you could do 11 pulls in Puzzle and Dragons and just get 3-4 star eggs unless they improved the odds I haven't used the REM or really played the game in a while

p&z has always been, pull only during godfests.

Think brave frontier you'd usually get something alright.

at the very least you won't hit any wall from this game I believe. You don't even need to get at least C to progress story right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's because the whole "games as service" thing means that the game can disappear at any time that I kind of hesitate to spend that much money on it.
I'd still be willing to pay 40 bucks for a Vita version of the game with the songs all unlocked though. But I doubt they'd do that if they're making so much money on the mobile apps now. lol

Chariot

I really hope the game becomes a success over here. It would probably open up the market for similar things.
Would be so nice. Well the west became more open to anime, manga and even Visual Novels. I mean, in most forums or other social communitys there are people with anime avatars. Hopefully they will see someday how superiorer even fictional Idols are against the likes for Miley Cyrus.

King already has the word School Idol trademarked. Lawsuit is incoming.
I would laugh, but I am not sure if you're not joking. King.com certainly would do such a thing.

Well if this becomes a succes. We are going to have a problem because some idols can not deal with the fame.
http://abload.de/img/makifilmxzj0e.gif
As long its just that :D

What the hell kind of translation is that?

The skill basically bumps up your good and greats to perfects for the time period specified. It's a hoot to have 4 of them going at once (there's a red ! on all your idols when it's in effect; 4 going at once means there are 4 red ! on each icon), even though that doesn't have any extra effect.

(I suppose I've had more in effect at one time, but I think I stopped paying attention to it after a while).
Holy shit, it finally makes sense: thought so far that it nets me just flat bonus points.

As for the F2P, I never pumped much money into these games. I buy occasionaly a skin in League of Legends, but far less like my friends. being playing for 2 or 3 years and only bought about a dozen skins. In DCUO I had an Abo once... I think no other F2P got money out of me.

tenton

Holy shit, it finally makes sense: thought so far that it nets me just flat bonus points.

Well, perfects are worth more points that great and great is worth more than good, so there's that. And can possibly keep your combo streak going, so you can score even more points per note (once at 50 and above)

Chariot

Well, perfects are worth more points that great and great is worth more than good, so there's that. And can possibly keep your combo streak going, so you can score even more points per note (once at 50 and above)
Yeah, but the background changes it a bit. So far I thought I were just that good at the passages :D

alexein

So i spent my 50 points for the 11 draw.
I got 3 sr honoka,Nozomi, Rin.
3 times the same Green Niico R that i already have. So now i have maid usagi Nico ;) with skill level 2 maybe i could have bring it to 4 no?
A couple i already have to idolize,Maid Nozomi Rocks and Honoka swimsuit to go with my Eri swimsuit.
I just got a second cool rare Eri, my cool team is way too weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom