• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

Yeah.... I haven't actually spent much money on the game. I think I've dropped about $30 total, and I'm totally ok with that given how much time I've played. Not sure how to total things up but I have 2 awakened URs from magazine codes, and one natural (but unawakened) UR from the only really lucky pull I've had.

At this point... I need 3032 for 105. =(

Yeah i have not spend anything on this game. But havent been that lucky only got R's and a couple of SR one during the last event the Umi and a Eli during a guarenteed SR draw and tommorow Honoka will be mine. Will wait for next guarenteed SR draw since i have 50 stones again. So hope my team will be a bit stronger during next event :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah.... I haven't actually spent much money on the game. I think I've dropped about $30 total, and I'm totally ok with that given how much time I've played. Not sure how to total things up but I have 2 awakened URs from magazine codes, and one natural (but unawakened) UR from the only really lucky pull I've had.

At this point... I need 3032 for 105. =(
3032?! Holy crap... lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not quite exponential, but there's certainly some scaling as you move up. I guess you can also play like 6 times per "go" though.

tenton

3032?! Holy crap... lol

I just leveled last night and I need 4754 get the next level. I also have 102 LPs, so that makes each stone used to refill the gauge worth that much more.

BTW, looks like I forget there's an extra day to this event; I think that moves the target score for the 2nd SR Honoka to 25k event points. I'm probably okay without spending any more stones, but I'll have to keep an eye on it.

As for the Taiwan version, that's the one that Bushimo/KLabs aren't running directly, right? It's not tied into the other versions? If you believe that one post, that's the problem they're having with the EN version, syncing between the various servers. Something that the JP and TW versions might not have to do. Quick, someone network programming guru, go help KLabs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But you also need to wait longer for all of it is recharged :(
I guess that's true too...

I just leveled last night and I need 4754 get the next level. I also have 102 LPs, so that makes each stone used to refill the gauge worth that much more.

BTW, looks like I forget there's an extra day to this event; I think that moves the target score for the 2nd SR Honoka to 25k event points. I'm probably okay without spending any more stones, but I'll have to keep an eye on it.

As for the Taiwan version, that's the one that Bushimo/KLabs aren't running directly, right? It's not tied into the other versions? If you believe that one post, that's the problem they're having with the EN version, syncing between the various servers. Something that the JP and TW versions might not have to do. Quick, someone network programming guru, go help KLabs.
Wow, you must be 150 then? At that point, I suppose it might become worth it to spend the money for refills. But at that point, you're probably a super dedicated player anyway. lol

Mobimon is the third logo in the splash screens (something that the US version doesn't have), so I guess they're the ones running it? But the flip side is that they still don't have an iOS version so...

m0t0k1

Or you can actually sleep through the night without wasting recharge time by having your LP maxed while you snooze. :p

Yeah withouth an event i get plenty of sleep. It's something that gets stuck in your subconscience i can play now like a bioclock instead of wake up to the light wake up to the idols :D. But the biggest downtime is recharging in the afternoon you want to play but have to wait.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I find having the two versions good for that, although the fact that the US version is SO behind means I can't practice the newer songs any more. I'm going to have finished each song 40 times on hard by the time the next update rolls around...

Are there any events or whatever where songs cost less LP?
I doubt it, since that's the one major f2p gate that makes the massive amounts of cash. Probably more than the actual card draws, if the rankings are anything to go by.

tenton

Wow, you must be 150 then? At that point, I suppose it might become worth it to spend the money for refills. But at that point, you're probably a super dedicated player anyway. lol

Yeah, in the 150s (154). I would call myself a dedicated player (login every day at least once, probably 2-3x during events). Either that or just plain bored. :p

I actually haven't spent that much money on the game, relatively speaking. One was an 86 stone purchase early on to support the game, then another was because the 86 stones would give me enough for 2 10+1 draws, so I took advantage of that one. Of course, those draws only netted me SRs...in fact, 4 of the same SR! 3 is useful, but 4?

Other than that, it's possible to earn enough stones to compete for the 2nd SR card in events without spending any money. There's enough in event rewards, daily login rewards and maxing bonds on idolized cards to increase your amount of stones. It is a slow process, however. Helpful when they hand you free stones for the anime airing, or someone's birthday.

Also, I guess you could count the BD purchases (decided to buy those before any game considerations), even though I missed 2 of them...the first BD's expiration date wasn't enforced (could turn in 2 months after the expiration date), but 5 and 6 certainly were! And I did get a magazine code or two.

Haven't spent any cash on the EN game yet, though I might soon, to show my support for that side as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess to be fair, I have over 100 loveca in the JP version, so technically I could use those to buy LP instead of waiting for draws. But when you see people there with like 300k points, you know that there are people who are just spending like crazy. lol

tenton

I guess to be fair, I have over 100 loveca in the JP version, so technically I could use those to buy LP instead of waiting for draws. But when you see people there with like 300k points, you know that there are people who are just spending like crazy. lol

Yeah the 300k point people...I think those are the same crazy people who buy >$1000 worth of stones, do 20 10+1 draws and post videos of themselves doing it. Then they have a bunch of stones leftover, so they use them all for the e-peen, I guess.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The TW version already has people like that. It's amazing. lol

It's the one thing I don't like about the game. I almost wish there was a "pure ranking" mode where it was strictly performance based. Although I guess most of these players are also full comboing songs anyway, since they probably have played the same songs thousands of times now.

JoeFu

Banned
I never got my free Rare draw in the TW game :(

The TW version already has people like that. It's amazing. lol

It's the one thing I don't like about the game. I almost wish there was a "pure ranking" mode where it was strictly performance based. Although I guess most of these players are also full comboing songs anyway, since they probably have played the same songs thousands of times now.

Here's the TW top 15 just for fun:

ibxaIQ5xzsAqfr.png
iJqIdHcArLvno.png
ibe0uI6fI9Q7pB.png

how the hell... 20 million points. This thing is a total of the day right( The time reset 32 minutes ago... how is this possible?) ? How the heck can someone play that much with songs that don't give that many at the moment.

Just full comboed Wonderfull rush. The song is great because it seems difficult but its really fun to play.

No Oh love and peace and will have all S ranks.

EDIT On the contrary Oh Love and peace can go and fuck itself, it seems easy but the changes of rhythm in notes are just not fun.

m0t0k1

finally got that SR Honoka :D used that milf school teacher on her and got a Ultra succes fusion now she instantly shot to level 40 thanks Miyama!

Chariot

FINALLY! SSA in Snow Halation!!11111 WHOOOOOO! I LOVE THIS DAAAAAYYY
/balmer
Thanks for your tips, Ridley :)

So, now onward to Mermai Festa and Wonderful Rush. Really gonna need the update soon.

edit:
on other news: I gonna overhaul all queries with javasript for the sole purpose of having the soundcloud player on the website, playing even when you go the another page on the site or using a query. You can try it by playing the song In embedded for test and go either to "Music", "Tools" or "Teambuilder".

Chariot

Good luck:
Getting a rare as an end of level prize.

Bad luck:
It's Nico.
You need to work with what you can get :D

Well in Criminal Minds when they pick up the phone for example they say this is SSA Morgan speaking. It stands for Supervisory Special Agent.
Ah, thank you. Is the show worth anything? I looked at a dvd collection of it once, but there were blatant grammar mistakes in the synopsis and then I nope'd the fuck out.

Man music is a fun idea Chariot thanks for the great work on the site looking good already :D
Thank you, all thanks to your thread and the general dedication in this thread for this game.
I still hate js though. I want to punch who created this ugly syntax.

m0t0k1

You need to work with what you can get :D

Ah, thank you. Is the show worth anything? I looked at a dvd collection of it once, but there were blatant grammar mistakes in the synopsis and then I nope'd the fuck out.

Thank you, all thanks to your thread and the general dedication in this thread for this game.
I still hate js though. I want to punch who created this ugly syntax.

Well i only watch americain series when they air on tv for some reason. Only saw the first season. Before it stopped airing, but i enjoyed that season.It is a typical murder mysterie show but the twist comes from that most of it is viewed from the murderers side of view. it is not a serie i would buy on dvd at full price to own. There are 9 seasons already so there is a shit load to watch. But great for If you are taking a long time off or are to sick to go to work check it out . Although you should watch Idolm@ster also that was recommended earlier in this thread to you :p

Also hate js never been good with programming with it. I used some jqueries when developing shit for other people but writing js was never a thing for me or programming as a whole :p

Maxing their level should also help towards album rewards

:D

Ah fuck, yeah, I still have to do that. Friend Points are in short supply though. I'm getting slightly better at FC, I've got the first three songs FC'd on hard, so hopefully I'll be able to start getting more Friend Points that way.

tenton

I just finished enough for 1 copy of the event SR. Good enough for me!

My Smile team is so sad that I could put her on the team without transforming her and still get a slight boost to my team. Need more idolized SR Smile/UR Smile. No chance at competing for the higher end event scoring.

Rahk

I'm trialling a new method of holding the phone, hold on 45 degree surface (gloves or a keyboard) and balance on thumbs, use index fingers to hit. Working pretty well so far.
I mostly play without using a desk, so a few days ago I tried holding the phone with my ring finger and pinkies while using index fingers to hit. Worked fine, but I think prefer just using thumbs.

Recently I've also been using a hybrid grip. Hold as normal with left hand and tap with left thumb, while using index finger on right hand.

Finally FC-d Mermaid Festa. Now I've only got Wonderful Rush left.

Also pulled a smile Rin from an FP draw, got to idolize her, instantly used the goddamn nerds as fuel and got her to Max from 40.
Still got an entire page of them left though.

inthemyst

Neo Member
I'm sitting on about 36k FP on the Japanese version and about 16k on the English version. I'm kind of dreading how much fodder I'm going to end up with when I redeem all these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom