• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Dang played a bunch of party games at a friends house today so didn't get to maximize my LP. Currently at 2.6k event points. So sad :( probably could have gotten am extra song or two in and would be almost at 3k.

I can't draw any Pure Rs with the 10 draw :( been getting a bunch of cool people.

Really wish I could get some Pures so I could score at least an A on the event song. I can only get B with S combo for 212 points per song.

MSMrRound

What device are you using?

Xiaomi-Mi3.jpg

Using Android version of the game.

tafer

Damn it, now I'm salty. Another crash from the very beginning. 15 lp wasted, no exp, gold, sacrifices or macaroni this time.

I'm playing on an iPhone 5s for those interested.

tenton

Damn it, now I'm salty. Another crash from the very beginning. 15 lp wasted, no exp, gold, sacrifices or macaroni this time.

I'm playing on an iPhone 5s for those interested.

Quit all other programs running? I've played the JP version on my iPads since last June/July and have had very few crashes (and most of those are right at boot up; I can only remember one crash at the end of a song) and the EN one since the start on my iPhone 5s and I think the EN game might have crashed on startup once. But I'm religious about quitting all my other apps and also putting the phone into Guided Access mode, so I get no notifications while playing (my phone still buzzes when I get an email, but that's on purpose).

tafer

Quit all other programs running? I've played the JP version on my iPads since last June/July and have had very few crashes (and most of those are right at boot up; I can only remember one crash at the end of a song) and the EN one since the start on my iPhone 5s and I think the EN game might have crashed on startup once. But I'm religious about quitting all my other apps and also putting the phone into Guided Access mode, so I get no notifications while playing (my phone still buzzes when I get an email, but that's on purpose).

Thanks for the advice... However, the game didn't crash before the update. I'll try it anyway to see what happens.

Chariot

Crashes seems to happen when I haven't force closed the game for a while (on Android), so now I just close the game after I've spent all my LPs.
This is interesting. That could be, why it does not happen to me. I regulary kill the game because it drains heavily on my battery. So killing the game after a session is the key?

On android, I regularly kill the game when I'm done and waiting for LP to recharge.

I hop between the EN and JP version, so I also clear memory before launching the game.

Only gotten around 2 crashes.

tenton

This is interesting. That could be, why it does not happen to me. I regulary kill the game because it drains heavily on my battery. So killing the game after a session is the key?

Interesting. I also force quit the game when I'm done, because I do that with all my apps (as mentioned above, second nature to me, really, I do it without even thinking), so perhaps this is related.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just wondering, but what exactly made this series more popular than all the other idol kind of animes (except Im@s?)

Chariot

Just wondering, but what exactly made this series more popular than all the other idol kind of animes (except Im@s?)
Maybe the lack of male characters? In shows like this, where all girls compete in somehing, they mostly add nothing and are at most lame love interests.

tenton

Hard to say. It wasn't doing all that well when it first came out, but built up momentum; there was the first Animelo appearance, the first live then the New Year's live. But things just exploded once the anime started.

m0t0k1

I guess it got lucky because before the second season of the anime not a lot of people really cared for this first. there where music clips and nothing happens, so they decided to do an anime nothing happens. and then they announced a second season and people started to get hyped for reasons I have missed. now we are in s2 and it is really popular guess people like the multimedia aspect of it. kinda like imas which is becoming less popular then this so that is why they throwing a shit ton of new canon girls at us hoping it would stick. Cinderella girls are really big now they even gonna get their own anime. Still a bit sad about it since I love original imas more. but no matter what all money goes to banco anyways.

MSMrRound

I'm not that much into idol animes or whatsoever, but season 1 of Love Live was pretty alright for my taste.

I like the idea of an ordinary girl going after her dreams and starting to get recognized.(though the "the school will be closed!!!" trope gets a bit overused in some of the recent animes that I have watched e.g Love Live and Girls Und Panzer)

The cast is also pretty good with unique personalities (Maki is still the best Love Live girl though), and I wouldn't even realize that the anime was made just so that they can promote the actual Muse idol group (comprised of the 9 Love Live seiyuus).

I think other people had the same experience as me...we thought Love Live is pretty good as we went in with almost no expectations, then we started to share the series to acquaintances and the likes and they soon enjoyed watching the anime themselves and are eager to follow more news about it.

Could be wrong though.

Well, this game is what made me interested in Love Live. Now, I've finished the 1st season of the anime and enjoyed it quite a bit (the OAV didn't make any sense but the 2nd half was really worth it). Time to start the 2nd season!
I always kill the game and restart it before using my macaroons now. Don't know if it's really effective...
In other news, apparently some guy in Japan quit his job and used his severance pay to go all out during the Honoka event.

http://i.imgur.com/ajJb4Pe.jpg[IMG]

Love Live srs bsns[/QUOTE]
For Hanayo, I would have understood... but Honoka ?

First experience with anything idol related. Saw this OP, looked interesting and I like rhythm games so I tried it and loved it. Watched the first season of the anime and it was okay, nothing special. Watching the second season now and I'm enjoying it a lot more.

Love Live is always best when it is silly and the second season is hitting my funny bone. Also, all of the girls are getting a lot more characterization as the season continues which is helping me related to them all individually.

m0t0k1

Wait, they're spinning off Cinderella Girls? lol
Yeah there will be an anime in January of 2015 and I dunno but the imas movie summary and playing one for all on ps3 are feeling like they are the great send off too the original cast. Don't think they can do as much with them anymore. Also read in the media create topic that ofa was the biggest selling console imas because people wanted their cinderella miki card and their chihaya ml card although the ml series is less popular then cinderella.

In other news omg mokoi is ranked 31 man he is going great keep up the work mokoi!! I am at 10000 now but I did not spent any macarons and I have 525 macarons saved up now waiting for the 4x event again

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I guess it got lucky because before the second season of the anime not a lot of people really cared for this first. there where music clips and nothing happens, so they decided to do an anime nothing happens. and then they announced a second season and people started to get hyped for reasons I have missed. now we are in s2 and it is really popular guess people like the multimedia aspect of it. kinda like imas which is becoming less popular then this so that is why they throwing a shit ton of new canon girls at us hoping it would stick. Cinderella girls are really big now they even gonna get their own anime. Still a bit sad about it since I love original imas more. but no matter what all money goes to banco anyways.
While I was in Japan it was the run up to the second series and let me tell you, it was everywhere. In face it was too much and I was starting to get a bit sick from hearing the same songs over and over again.

*goes back to grinding Banzai for macaroons*

Kusano123

Neo Member
Don't know how to tackle this event. Only got 4 Pures with one being UR and the rest being Rs. Have around 41 lp so should I just keep grinding Normal or aim for Hard? Can barely reach up to grade B for Hard. A friend of mine recommended me to wait for x4 and expert but expert being expert....yea

At 1847pts atm : /

Suggestions?

Chariot

Don't know how to tackle this event. Only got 4 Pures with one being UR and the rest being Rs. Have around 41 lp so should I just keep grinding Normal or aim for Hard? Can barely reach up to grade B for Hard. A friend of mine recommended me to wait for x4 and expert but expert being expert....yea

At 1847pts atm : /

Suggestions?
jbnNbFYEdCx0ex.png

The ()-value is important

tenton

While I was in Japan it was the run up to the second series and let me tell you, it was everywhere. In face it was too much and I was starting to get a bit sick from hearing the same songs over and over again.

I disagree with this; it was during the first anime season it took off, maybe not outside of Japan, but inside Japan...the fight for getting 3rd Live tickets was crazy, so many failed lottery entries. The first season anime is what touched off the craze. It was already crazy when they announced that 2nd season. 4th Live was impossible to get tickets to normally and that was at Saitama Super Arena.

The fact that they lined the streets before the 2nd season tells you it was white hot already before anything the 2nd season did.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I disagree with this; it was during the first anime season it took off, maybe not outside of Japan, but inside Japan...the fight for getting 3rd Live tickets was crazy, so many failed lottery entries. The first season anime is what touched off the craze. It was already crazy when they announced that 2nd season. 4th Live was impossible to get tickets to normally and that was at Saitama Super Arena.

The fact that they lined the streets before the 2nd season tells you it was white hot already before anything the 2nd season did.
All I've said is I was in Japan during the run up to the second series. I can't comment on life in Japan outside that period.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been lucky that the crashes have been outside of playing. Usually when checking ranks or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah there will be an anime in January of 2015 and I dunno but the imas movie summary and playing one for all on ps3 are feeling like they are the great send off too the original cast. Don't think they can do as much with them anymore. Also read in the media create topic that ofa was the biggest selling console imas because people wanted their cinderella miki card and their chihaya ml card although the ml series is less popular then cinderella.

In other news omg mokoi is ranked 31 man he is going great keep up the work mokoi!! I am at 10000 now but I did not spent any macarons and I have 525 macarons saved up now waiting for the 4x event again

Poor original imas girls. :(

MSMrRound

What the heck? Looks like similar specs to the Nexus 5. How is it lagging? Is it the tegra version?

Beats me. Just tried a Hard 15LP song again, same thing happened again, kept missing the notes. *Puts down School Idol Festival in a fit of ragequit for today*

m0t0k1

Yeah it probably has had a major marketing push. Because i was reading it on japanese oriented blogs everywhere. Man i want to visit Japan someday but it will probably be less for the anime shit and more for the martial art and culture stuff.

Poor original imas girls. :(

Yeah they kinda mismanaged the series. K-on released and that was really popular but then imas anime announce came riding out on that wave and When the anime released it shoot idol anime through the roof that is why we got so many stuff from bamco like aikatsu and stuff. Then people where screaming for a S2 back in 2011 and there where no announcment after that only a year later they decided to do the shiny festa ova things but those where pretty cheap. People where asking where is S2 and then they announced the movie people where like cool but hope S2 comes next. that is when Love live! came and got most of those viewers they got a S2 and is riding a nice wave now. But Imas will be still arround for a long time because of that hardcore otaku fanbase. There was this gift to the guy visiting imas movie the most and he visited like 92 times in a span of two months. the movie is also one of the most succesful anime based movies so it still lives. But with S2 of LL now it is a bit of in a shadow and not as popular as it used to be. But after S2 of LL will see what happens maybe there is a new Hot idol serie arround the corner :p

Jintor

I'm playing on a Nexus 5 and haven't crashed ever.

I think I'm going into trances while playing. Which is good, that's exactly what I want to do with rhythm games...

Rhythm games trances are the best trances. Too bad Love Live is not hard enough (yet) for this to happen to me. Can't wait to try expert!
Man i want to visit Japan someday but it will probably be less for the anime shit and more for the martial art and culture stuff.
I'm a little ashamed to admit that one of the first things I did after arriving in Japan was to go to Akihabara. :-/

Jintor

The two top tier songs are just on the right edge of hard but doable to make me start. Not quite 'all 300s on final level of Ouendan 2/EBA' yet though.

I went to Aki when I was in Japan, but I think that was okay because I was two business dudes buying stuff from Super Potato so it was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom