• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Eli event huh........

6sp6kPU.jpg

Yui

The next event will probably start june 5th and my bet is that it is going to be an Eli event that is pvp instead of the mascots collecting. I think i won't survive the juggle between the english and japanese event.

Score Match events are a lot less time consuming so it's better than two token events at the same time. ^^ That being said, I'm really worried for the next JP token event.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The next event will probably start june 5th and my bet is that it is going to be an Eli event that is pvp instead of the mascots collecting. I think i won't survive the juggle between the english and japanese event.
Score Match events are a lot less time consuming so it's better than two token events at the same time. ^^ That being said, I'm really worried for the next JP token event.

How does the scoring even work? What do you use to enter the event? LP? Or do you have to grind for tokens again?

And is everything random in terms of song selection and opponents?

m0t0k1

How does the scoring even work? What do you use to enter the event? LP? Or do you have to grind for tokens again?

No grinding for tokens it is like a normal song only vs 3 other players competing for the highest score. You can select a difficulty so easy,normal, hard expert each with a base use of lp so 5,10,15 and 25 if you choose one the game picks a song and 3 other players to play against. At the end of the song the ranking will appear and you will get points based on your placement. those points work the same as in the token events. So you need to get x amount of points to unlock the SR and you also have a ranking list based on the points and if you are in the top 5000 or something you will get a second SR and top 2500 2 SR etc. I already know i am going to lose when i see an UR :p I did some calculations on how much points you get depending on difficulty and place i will post that later today since that is at my computer at home.

holysan

You should go buy some lotto tickets with that luck Aytrial, and I think its time I call it a night.

Grats!

Mokoi, how much money are you spending man?! lol
Probably not as much as you imagine :p, if he’s buying anything at all and not just using the gems he got for free from the start.
I’m at 12,6k and used around 28 (30 at most) gems, he is 5k higher, so I assume something around 40-45, depending on how many lvl ups he had.

Yui

And is everything random in terms of song selection and opponents?

You use LP instead of tokens and there is a pool of 12-15 songs. Your opponents will mostly be people in your point/score range afaik. But you might get some higher or lower ones. That's my experience at least. So all you do is click on the event button, choose a difficulty easy/normal/hard/expert and you will be matched with 3 other people for a random song.

Edit: so late...

Kincaido

Our conversation was kinda amusing now that I think about it

"So, my friend is spending like $100 on the event"
"Fuck that, that's crazy"
"Well, Honoka is his waifu"
"Never mind, I can understand now"

Well, playing without sound is not very easy. But sneaking headphones in the bathroom at work might be pushing it too far...
Ho well, as long as I don't miss any macaroons, it should be enough.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's Wonderful Rush S combo'd leaving only Mermaid Festa. I'll leave that till after the event.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
on the live show tab, choose the song and press the ranking buttom on the bottom right, next to the cost information.
I only see a top 10 with no option to see any more.

Also I notice they forgot to remove the japanese text for the press button graphic.

MSMrRound

Just watched the latest Love Live episode.

When
Snow Halation
played, I was mentally playing it inside my head. "Ahh this is the difficult part at the start! Damn, no more full combo!"

Kincaido

Waiting for LP to level up and not waste any before I get some sleep. The things I do for idols

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Waiting for LP to level up and not waste any before I get some sleep. The things I do for idols
I'm on a flight home this evening. That's a lot of hours I can't play due to this games always online ways. Basically I have to stock up on as many macaroons as possible before then.

m0t0k1

LOL yeah you can be the idolm@ster again mokio has been overtaken by a japanese dude :( these guys even haunts us in the english version.
I am not that big of a fan of all the LL music but in the suggestions i found an really good Idolmaster non stop mix thanks for that :D

Just watched the latest Love Live episode.

When
Snow Halation
played, I was mentally playing it inside my head. "Ahh this is the difficult part at the start! Damn, no more full combo!"

I know that feel bro. Going to watch the episode tommorow but yeah i was expecting that song to appear last ep already so no worries about the spoiler for me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
in the suggestions i found an really good Idolmaster non stop mix thanks for that :D
I actually found this as a result of the suggestions from an idolm@ster non stop mix. But yeah, I prefer iM@S music, but with Go My Way as the best song of all time that's not really a fair comparison.

m0t0k1

I actually found this as a result of the suggestions from an idolm@ster non stop mix. But yeah, I prefer iM@S music, but with Go My Way as the best song of all time that's not really a fair comparison.

Yeah i love that song but after that DMX mix got released i can't unhear DMX in that song. Also after the anime Watashi-tachi wa Zutto... Deshou? Has become one of my favorites its a toss up between that, go my way, Colorful days and l.o.b.m for my favorite imas song.

My favorite songs to listen too in LL are No Brand Girls, mogyuto, Start:Dash 3 2nd year version and Snow Halation. My favorite song to play in the game is wonderful rush.

edit:
Also thanks BGBW for that CD suggestion in the imas ofa thread the idolmaster history cd is godlike it has all my favorite songs listed above on it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At the moment I wouldn't mind getting a Christina since at least it's a pure to level up with.

Yeah i love that song but after that DMX mix got released i can't unhear DMX in that song.
Well the trick is to listen to the original (preferably the Haruka version) 100+ times and you'll be cured.

m0t0k1

jhAzbQJov2Fzn.png

Actually a great pull, I already have the two SRs, so I could do some combining.

jMOtMb6BWaUFT.png

༼ つ◕_◕༽つ Give Kotori to me plz ༼ つ◕_◕༽つ Yeah you have a nice draw congratz on that.

You expected to get a lot of UR?

Chariot

Yes, blame me for encouraging you to do a pull that resulted in some SRs.
I will blame you for evertyhing people blame Obama.

༼ つ◕_◕༽つ Give Kotori to me plz ༼ つ◕_◕༽つ Yeah you have a nice draw congratz on that.

You expected to get a lot of UR?
This thread is devastating. Sometimes I have the feeling everyone is waterskiing on SRs hooked up to a boat of URs. :D
I blame Aytrial.

Our innocence is lost. We have been devoured by greed and forgot the pleasure of the simple things. T_T
And I've only been on this thread for 1 day...

m0t0k1

Hey!

I'm not the only person with a UR in this thread!

Also, I finally unlock Alpaca-chan~

No i was not only counting you but the amount of people with an UR are countable on one hand i think. I am happy that at least some people are getting those. Or else i would have cried.

Aytrial

No i was not only counting you but the amount of people with an UR are countable on one hand i think. I am happy that at least some people are getting those. Or else i would have cried.

Once this event is over I'm going to idolize my SR Kotori just for you~

m0t0k1

Once this event is over I'm going to idolize my SR Kotori just for you~

YAY! <3 i am just aiming for 1 SR during the event. If i see that i am close to top 1000 i will probably throw a few stones at it to make sure i am in top 1000 but that all depends on how crazy all of the players are.

Aytrial

YAY! <3 i am just aiming for 1 SR during the event. If i see that i am close to top 1000 i will probably throw a few stones at it to make sure i am in top 1000 but that all depends on how crazy all of the players are.

I'm not talking about the event SR...

iKjGfyAstx964.gif

elhaym

This thread is devastating. Sometimes I have the feeling everyone is waterskiing on SRs hooked up to a boat of URs. :D
I blame Aytrial.

I am despair incarnate. Wheeeee. At least I woke up this morning still ranked in the top 200. Later in the week is probably gonna be brutal though.

A bit of a technical question here.
Ever since I installed Love Live on my Galaxy S II, my phone sometimes don't wake up from sleep mode. I have to restart it by removing the battery... Has this ever happened to anyone else in this thread?
I'm afraid my phone gave up to despair...

Kincaido

Oh, so you can transfer your account unlimited times with no real problems. Cool. Playing with my iphone was weird compared to my ipad though.

Chariot

I am despair incarnate. Wheeeee. At least I woke up this morning still ranked in the top 200. Later in the week is probably gonna be brutal though.
Give it your best!

A bit of a technical question here.
Ever since I installed Love Live on my Galaxy S II, my phone sometimes don't wake up from sleep mode. I have to restart it by removing the battery... Has this ever happened to anyone else in this thread?
I'm afraid my phone is giving it up to despair...
Galaxy Note II here, no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom