• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
BCKKP4t.gif

HOLY SHIT I'm dying here

That looks fun!

It seems impossible and that's only hard mode. I really like the song too

DiGiKerot

WUG is different and it felt fresh (without going too out of this world like AKB0048). It shows a side of the idol culture and industry that isn't seen in IM@S or Love Live. Unfortunately, Yamakan and really terrible art and animation made WUG kinda suck. At least Blu-ray cleaned up a good amount of the atrociousness.

I dunno, I think Yamakan is actually pretty OK as a director, aside from his habit of ultimately softballing the messaging on shows he initially sets up with an interesting, subversive narrative or theme (see both Fractale and WUG). I enjoy WUG for what it was worth, though - I mean, the music, if nothing else, was all done by long-term iM@S veterans, so that was at least pretty decent (though the I-1 Club stuff is better than the WUG songs). The animation did get janky enough to be distracting, though.

Also, I saw WUG live at ACEN a couple of weeks ago, and now have this rad poster.

That's Yamakans sign in the black, lower right...

Also, I'm pretty sure that we all, deep down, know that Aikatsu is the best idol cartoon anyway. Who needs these virtual game cards when you can collect real ones with frilly dresses on them?

StayDead

I dunno, I think Yamakan is actually pretty OK as a director, aside from his habit of ultimately softballing the messaging on shows he initially sets up with an interesting, subversive narrative or theme (see both Fractale and WUG). I enjoy WUG for what it was worth, though - I mean, the music, if nothing else, was all done by long-term iM@S veterans, so that was at least pretty decent (though the I-1 Club stuff is better than the WUG songs). The animation did get janky enough to be distracting, though.

Also, I saw WUG live at ACEN a couple of weeks ago, and now have this rad poster.

That's Yamakans sign in the black, lower right...

Also, I'm pretty sure that we all, deep down, know that Aikatsu is the best idol cartoon anyway. Who needs these virtual game cards when you can collect real ones with frilly dresses on them?

tumblr_miuz0kqmn01reu6dpo1_500.gif

PewPewK

Man, this thread goes faster than I'd expect.

Anyway, I did my first 50 pull and the RNG gods did not smile upon me. 11 R's and 3 of them were the same Smile Umi, of which I already had an idolized version of (my only of the club members). So I've gotten 5 of those Smile Umi's... oh well.

What's the best way to grind love gems now that I've bonded with every non-club member?

Aytrial

What's the best way to grind love gems now that I've bonded with every non-club member?

APYhrlZ.png

Besides doing the members, the only other options you have are daily rewards, playing Hard songs 100 times each and the Event Rewards.

EDIT: Also I forgot, Album Rewards.

We win so many loveca at the beginning of the game... It's a bit depressing when you reach that point after a while.
just noticed the orange-ish alpaca is blushing smh
No wonder, he's being hugged by Hanayo. This alpaca is so lucky...
It seems impossible and that's only hard mode. I really like the song too
Nothing a little training can't fix.
Can't wait to repeatedly fail this song. T_T

PewPewK

APYhrlZ.png

Besides doing the members, the only other options you have are daily rewards, playing Hard songs 100 times each and the Event Rewards.

EDIT: Also I forgot, Album Rewards.

Don't tempt me, temptress! I'll actually dump hundreds into this game...

chrono01

7313 points now, which [should] place me within the top 1000. I'm going to keep at it, using Loveca Stones and planning my LP wisely to try to grab that second SR Kotori. I've come this far...

chrono01

You might want to play a bit more, since the cut-off for the 201-1000 tier is at 7,1k points right now.
Haha, trust me, I'm going to make sure I'm well within the range. I spent around 4 Loveca Stones, so if I have to spend a couple more to guarantee it, then that's fine. I mean, it's essentially a guaranteed SR. If I have to spend 10 Loveca Stones total, which I'm sure it won't come to that, then I think that's worth it.

[I'm still sitting on 73 just waiting for an event to start.]

Chariot

Don't tempt me, temptress! I'll actually dump hundreds into this game...
Stay strong, brother.

And finally, after only two days, the 720p versions of my Dailymotion videos are finishied with whatever they've done. I know they're on YouTube, but I really don't have much love left for that site other than there is a lot of content. I rather help filling Dailymotion with stuff.

Love Live Music Videos:
Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life
Snow Halation
Natsu-iro Egao de 1, 2, Jump! (God, Nico is so cute in that one ;__;)
Mo Gyutto 'Love' de Sekkinchuu!
Wonderful Rush

Mokoi

Banned
Stay strong, brother.

And finally, after only two days, the 720p versions of my Dailymotion videos are finishied with whatever they've done. I know they're on YouTube, but I really don't have much love left for that site other than there is a lot of content. I rather help filling Dailymotion with stuff.

I like the Snow Halation video best, and I forgot Dailymotion even existed.

chrono01

Stay strong, brother.

Love Live Music Videos:
Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life
Snow Halation
Natsu-iro Egao de 1, 2, Jump! (God, Nico is so cute in that one ;__;)
Mo Gyutto 'Love' de Sekkinchuu!
Wonderful Rush
Thanks for this.

Chariot

I like the Snow Halation video best, and I forgot Dailymotion even existed.
Dailymotion is actually pretty great. It encodes video better than YouTube, they load faster and look a lot cleaner. The site remembers your setting. While YouTube throws me back to 240p every new video, Dailymotion gives me my 720 goodness whenever possible. Also Dailymotion is a lot nicer when it comes to copyright. They just delete content, when they get contacted or while you upload it and they detect infiringement, without further consequences.
The searchfunction is pretty shit, though. It's easier to google for DM content than to actually using the search function and of course its lacking the giant amount of content YouTube has.
If you want to join I recommend AnimeSlovenija for Trailers and Preview, and also some OPs/EDs, minnasuki for Previews AnimeSlovenija doesen't have and ちお さん for japanese Music stuff and - strangely - Selena Gomez.

Sackhaarnetz is a cute username.
Thank you :)
heh, someone who understands german

Thanks for this.
Pleased :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When you've all died from debt I'll stand on top of your corpses and take my rightful place on top of the pyramid!

Chariot

All the backup cards :x
Oooooh!

those quotes. ideal doujin material.
I does remind me of After Class Lesson. And Nozomi looks a bit like the girl from the second episode of Heartwork... her name is interestingly Hozomi. Man, Nozomi got a dark backstory right there.
When you've all died from debt I'll stand on top of your corpses and take my rightful place on top of the pyramid!
Only over my cor- aw shit.

m0t0k1

You don't have to end your social life. It's very hard to pull off both, but doable.
Just don't sleep

Sleep is the most important love nothing more then a good sleep :p So i guess i will refrain from using a second account. I am now in the top 6000 and have about 1020 macarons left. If my calculations are corect i will enter the top 1000 if i spent them all and get SS on normal. Man maybe getting 2 SR is possible in the english version a glimmer of hope shines down on the one with despair.

Always sad that the major Love live despair draws always take place in the nights when i am asleep they are so funny.

Also that chariot dailymotion name what where you thinking :lol

Chariot

Hah.
I am member of a german animeforum named Sakuranet and I parodied the name with a bad worldplay (i always do). And I don't wear that mask when I assault dutch.
Then I look like this.
Nah, I am probably the least threathing person in the whole city. If you visit Hamburg some time, tell me.

m0t0k1

Nah it's save over here dont worry. ^^

@JP Version:

Rin is going to be the next event card and she looks super cute!

That really is a heartbreaker not because it is rin but because eli has been robbed. The last Eli event was october last year. While the last rin event was februari this year. Since eli every µ's girl have had an event some even twice :(

Hah.
I am member of a german animeforum named Sakuranet and I parodied the name with a bad worldplay (i always do). And I don't wear that mask when I assault dutch.
Then I look like this.
Nah, I am probably the least threathing person in the whole city. If you visit Hamburg some time, tell me.

I have visited hamburg last december for those christmas marktets. I used to be a lot in germany since my ex boss was a German and had mostly clients in Germany.

edit: lol the hinweise is killing me. Also kanonjo ga flag b-tier? i am enjoying that more then i would have expected probably my favorite this season after jojo.

m0t0k1

I hope I'll be able to get the SR card with my new account. I'm starting to like Rin a lot!

But it also saves us from despair so that may be a good thing.

It aint saving me :( you are the guy chilling at the table i am the guy starving next to the dead phoenix. But i still have stones to get me out of this ghetto hopefully.

Chariot

Eww, Internetstalking D:
I made these anime season threads inspired by awesome big openingposts on GAF, like m0t0ks. Although I am recently more active on GAF than there.

I have visited hamburg last december for those christmas marktets. I used to be a lot in germany since my ex boss was a German and had mostly clients in Germany.
And now, nevermore? :,(

Yui

That really is a heartbreaker not because it is rin but because eli has been robbed. The last Eli event was october last year. While the last rin event was februari this year. Since eli every µ's girl have had an event some even twice :(

Well, it's Rins third event so Eli has not been robbed, it's just another order.
We are currently in the third round of events and Rin, Eli and Nozomi are the only members left with only 2 events. So it's alright that this one goes to Rin.
The next two events will be Eli and Nozomi. (People just like Eli more and that's why they are hyping up her event since February.)

And to be honest, it would be fitting to do the Eli event as the last one of the third round. She is the "summer girl" in muse and her event would really kick off the summer in early July.

Reknoc

every event should be a rin event all the lesser idols can just have SR rewards at like 5000 event points or whatever

m0t0k1

Eww, Internetstalking D:
I made these anime season threads inspired by awesome big openingposts on GAF, like m0t0ks. Although I am recently more active on GAF than there.

And now, nevermore? :,(

I dont have to be in hamburg that much for work it was more just across the border like Düssledorf and Nordhorn been to Essen also. I always vind it crazy that when i visit Düsseldorf and going across the streets is that i hear mostly ducth people talking. I do visit Berlin about yearly with some friends to do some shopping. But now i am saving up to visit Asia so no Germany this year.

edit: Yui you are probably right. I was expecting a Rin event soon too but switching it because Eli won the summer competion is a good reason i hope we get a Eli bikini event then after this :p

Reknoc

dunno if i would choose pile as my stage name though, i see the word "pile" and it just makes me think of the butt disease.

kinda ruins maki for me tbh

Chariot

I dont have to be in hamburg that much for work it was more just across the border like Düssledorf and Nordhorn been to Essen also. I always vind it crazy that when i visit Düsseldorf and going across the streets is that i hear mostly ducth people talking. I do visit Berlin about yearly with some friends to do some shopping. But now i am saving up to visit Asia so no Germany this year.
Sadly, I am not much of a traveler. I was once on vacation in the netherlands, was nice. Just wait until I'm rich and famous.

maki's good, she could be a little lower than the rin SR

speaking of Maki and Rin:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...tresses-pile-and-riho-iida-form-new-unit-4to6
I still have to laught that her name is Pile. So many lame joke oppurtunities

Love Live is done... it's over, they are already working on other stuff... me so sad. Q_Q
Moi, maybe its just a side project or its inorporated with Love Live and they jsut don't want to say it yet. Maybe Muse breaks of as it was when the third graders leave and some of them build their own little Idolsgroups, to later realize that they were at their best when they were together.
Everyone stops at 5000 points.
OOOOOOOOOOHHH

It aint saving me :( you are the guy chilling at the table i am the guy starving next to the dead phoenix. But i still have stones to get me out of this ghetto hopefully.
Maybe I'll throw you 1 or 2 R cards from the table so you don't starve to death. :-(
Love Live is done... it's over, they are already working on other stuff... me so sad. Q_Q
We just can't catch a break from despair, can we?

I just realized that Rin and I share the same birthday. That's a nice coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom