• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm game.

Nice! It's back up. I just did normal since I'm not sure how much of a pain in the ass this is going to be.

edit: let me make sure I have you added first I guess

edit2: Should be good to go!

edit3: I'll leave it for about 5 minutes if anyone else is interested. 25 floors, Surprise, normal.

Niraj

Got stuck in the carpet. ><

Floor 9 not even half way! We need two more.

Yeah, Rush is just too much of a pain with two people. I switched to just Hunter instead of Surprise if you want to give it another go (if not, no big deal).

Niraj

Weird. Chromie got in :/

I don't mind restarting to let you guys in. Up to you Chromie.

Edit: I guess we're just plowing through :( Sorry about that guys. I'll likely be down for another though after this, so maybe if you guys wanted to play together for a bit?

dtekdahl00

Neo Member
Has anyone else raved about how awesome Scarescraper is? It hit me all of a sudden as I was battling a modified version of a ghost I had seen in the single-player mode, but with 300 health, how awesome and complete a game experience Dark Moon is.

This is my first Luigi's Mansion game (of the two that exist, of course), and I was thinking 'pretty good not great' during the first mansion. Haunted Towers was a whole new level of creativity - I love this game.

I love this game.

I've used the 3DS to diversify my gaming tastes - first survival-horror with Revelaitons, first Fire Emblem with FE:Awakening, first "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME" with Kid Icarus.

I don't know how its happened, but each of these four games has made my top 10 of all time.

I'm rambling. Maybe I should join the friend code list. I love this game.

K' Dash

Has anyone else raved about how awesome Scarescraper is? It hit me all of a sudden as I was battling a modified version of a ghost I had seen in the single-player mode, but with 300 health, how awesome and complete a game experience Dark Moon is.

This is my first Luigi's Mansion game (of the two that exist, of course), and I was thinking 'pretty good not great' during the first mansion. Haunted Towers was a whole new level of creativity - I love this game.

I love this game.

I've used the 3DS to diversify my gaming tastes - first survival-horror with Revelaitons, first Fire Emblem with FE:Awakening, first "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME" with Kid Icarus.

I don't know how its happened, but each of these four games has made my top 10 of all time.

I'm rambling. Maybe I should join the friend code list. I love this game.

That's the Nintendo Magic, add your FC to the list!

Kangi

First mansion? Hunted down every gem.

Second? Couldn't find HALF of the gems.

My completionist mindset just couldn't be bothered at that point forward.

Ironically, I then got all but one of the third mansion gems the first time around... then didn't even get a third of the fourth or fifth mansions' gems. Sheesh, this is brutal.

Oh, and obligatory mansion comparison:
4 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 3

Bosses: 5 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 2. Five's were fun and impressive in scope, one's was mind-bending, three's was challenging, though boring in concept, four's just felt repititive and out-of-place, and what on earth were they thinking with two's?

Lucent

I went to Target today to get my price adjustment on my XL. Got $42.80 on a gift card. Turned around and bought this game with it and have a penny left on the gift card. XD

Got Mario 3D Land with the promo.

So, when do you unlock multiplayer on here?

Niraj

I went to Target today to get my price adjustment on my XL. Got $42.80 on a gift card. Turned around and bought this game with it and have a penny left on the gift card. XD

Got Mario 3D Land with the promo.

So, when do you unlock multiplayer on here?

After the fourth mission.

nasos_333

3ds has such damn good offers

I just got Dark Moon for 40$ and got Layton Miracle Mask for free

That is on top of getting 3ds XL for 160$ with a game

The only thing missing is Bravely Default localization, which is a vast dissapointment

nasos_333

Be strong. :(

I would hate to eventually have to buy another imported 3DS from Japan and play the game in Japanese missing all the story and dialogs

BD is one of my most important titles and i simply cant swallow that it may actually never release outside Japan

How many hours are Dark Moon and Layton Miracle Mask btw ?

Niraj

Chromie and I just played through a 25 floor Scarescraper. Total time: 41:29

So yeah, shit takes forever

Good game Chromie :)

Chromie

Banned
Chromie and I just played through a 25 floor Scarescraper. Total time: 41:29

So yeah, shit takes forever

Good game Chromie :)

2-man team!

Next time we need to try on hard.

EDIT: I had put my PC to sleep when you started the game didn't see the others had d/c before.

Niraj

2-man team!

Next time we need to try on hard.

Yeah it was a little too simple, but it probably would've taken even longer since the ghosts have more HP. With 4 people though it wouldn't be too big of a deal, and it'd be pretty fun, especially if we went with Surprise.

Niraj

Are you guys gonna play anymore? I mean I doubt it since you just played a 42 minute match but still. :p

I'm down to play one that isn't 25 floors :p

Edit: Have a room up. Surprise, 10 floors, hard. If that works?

Edit2: Wtf was up with that? There was no door going in there?

Just tilt the 3DS. It's very simple.
Pfft here I was when Luigi was leaning to the left moving the circle pad all the way to the right and raging when he fell. Fucking tilt controls. It doesn't help that when I try to tilt my 3DS up or down the loose hinges make it go too far which made me decide early in the game to use X and B for aiming up and down.

It also doesn't help that when I tilt from left to right it fucks up the 3D imaging and I get that shimmering effect in my eyes. What a badly thought out way to control this game.

Top Bottom