• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Neiteio

The second boss is
a MASSIVE letdown...
I thought the second boss was quite cool-looking. He's supposed to be a simpler battle since the main challenge in that mission is
reaching him at the top
. They said as much in Iwata Asks. I thought it was a nice cherry on top of what I consider an amazing world (Haunted Towers).

GRW810

I thought I had added my friend code to a Google Doc already but I can't see it in the one listed in the OP. I also can't see any way to add it to the spreadsheet, on my mobile phone at least.

If anyone wants to offer any advice feel free. Or if someone could add mine to the list that would be great:

GRW810: 3394-3532-7605 (UK)

Looking forward to meeting some of you online. How has multiplayer been arranged so far? In here or just by chance when GAFers happen to be online playing the game?

bigmac996

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I noticed something so subtle that adds to the whole crazy goddamn appeal of this game. I found that if you rotate the analog stick really quickly for a few seconds and stop, Luigi does this little spin dance thing to regain his balance.

Such a small thing, but so nice. I love this gaaaaame.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I noticed something so subtle that adds to the whole crazy goddamn appeal of this game. I found that if you rotate the analog stick really quickly for a few seconds and stop, Luigi does this little spin dance thing to regain his balance.

Oh man, that's cool. The attention to detail in these games is just nuts, I'm glad that it carried over from the original.

Yeah, I noticed it too after spinning Luigi in place in frustration trying to find that
tear-shaped amethyst
in Gloomy Manor lol.

Oh man, that's cool. The attention to detail in these games is just nuts, I'm glad that it carried over from the original.

Honestly, this game makes the first game look stiff in comparison.

oatmeal

Banned
Finished the second mansion as well tonight.

Frustrating stairs bit. I didn't figure out the secret until I was 3/4 up. So much trial and error.

Madouu

Well my girlfriend has been playing OOT all day so no Luigi's mansion today for me :p Luckily there's always Monster Hunter!

Fabrik

Banned
The first boss was very cool. On par if not better than a Zelda boss.
I'm having problems with the control setup though. Pressing R, X and B to dodge at the same time is not ideal. L to suck (lol) would have been better I think. Doesn't help than my R & L buttons are not highly responsive anymore :-(

The first boss was very cool. On par if not better than a Zelda boss.
I'm having problems with the control setup though. Pressing R, X and B to dodge at the same time is not ideal. L to suck (lol) would have been better I think. Doesn't help than my R & L buttons are not highly responsive anymore :-(

What are you pressing X for?

I thought I had added my friend code to a Google Doc already but I can't see it in the one listed in the OP. I also can't see any way to add it to the spreadsheet, on my mobile phone at least.

If anyone wants to offer any advice feel free. Or if someone could add mine to the list that would be great:

GRW810: 3394-3532-7605 (UK)

I have added you to the OP form, I've also added you to my Friends List :)

My details:
1161-0985-8185 - UK

I have started to add people from the list, but do tell me if you add me.
Cheers

As someone who's relatively new to the 3DS system, I have a question regarding online multiplayer: Do I have to add the friend codes from the google doc to the friend list which I find on the start screen of the system (little orange square on the top) or can I add friend codes inside an actual game?

DaBoss

Anyone up for some Friday Night Frights later tonight?

You forgot to put the last number on your FC on the list. :p

Just tell me and I'll fix it.
As someone who's relatively new to the 3DS system, I have a question regarding online multiplayer: Do I have to add the friend codes from the google doc to the friend list which I find on the start screen of the system (little orange square on the top) or can I add friend codes inside an actual game?

Use the Friends List thing on the menu (little orange square on the top). It is a universal FC for all games.

Forkball

So what was the secret to the stairs in mansion two? I figured it had something to do with the flames, but some rows had nothing special with them.

Use the Friends List thing on the menu (little orange square on the top). It is a universal FC for all games.

Ok, it just seems I'm to stupid to add people via friend code. How do I know the username the system is asking for after I entered the friend code?

EDIT: Ok I got it, you first have to click on you id on the bottom .... sorry

GeekyDad

Why did I subscribe to this thread...
Now I gotta go and spend $40 I don't really have and piss my wife off for "buying yet another game," all because you guys won't stfu about how great this game is. :p

I fucking hate you people!

StAidan

Just beat the first boss this morning. Really great battle. So far I'd have to say this game has exceeded my expectations. Not by an awful lot or anything, since I already expected it to be fun. But I really like it when I play a game where it's so obvious that so much effort was expended to give gamers a great time.

Yagharek

Just started this this evening, only done the first mission though, but there are so many obvious extra touches, like Luigi looking around at objects of interest.

You can tell its been well polished, from first impressions at least. Looking forward to spending more time on it.

heringer

Second mansion is even better than the first.

People like to pimp Kid Icarus, (good, but not as good as people led me to believe) but this could be the best Nintendo game on the 3DS.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Second mansion is even better than the first.

People like to pimp Kid Icarus, (good, but not as good as people led me to believe) but this could be the best Nintendo game on the 3DS.
Luigi is now the game I'd recommend to anyone getting a 3DS, it's so special. Animations and sound are irresistible, it oozes with humor and charm. And 3D gives the game an envelop I find completely unique.

Besides this technical side, it is as fun as clever. Killer app.

NeoZylom

Online with random people is annoying. Most of them don't even know how to cure people. They quit before the end. And they don't understand sprint mode ... It's quite annoying

zroid

Banned
So the game doesn't save if I replay a board to capture a boo, I have to play that area again?

yeah you have to replay the whole mission

The mission structure is kind of a mixed bag. On the one hand, it adds a lot of value since each mission allows the game to subtly change environmental details as well as your objective, so you get to have multiple experiences within the same framework. Furthermore, it lets you replay entire chunks of game instead of simply backtracking through now-barren areas. But on the other hand, the rigid structure makes it frustrating when all you want to do is track down that one secret, and also gives you less overall freedom to explore as you please.

I'm happy the missions exist, but I wish they had been able to better compromise between mission-based and contiguous gameplay.

beta_fuse

So my game glitched yesterday after defeating the 3rd boss. Had to restart the mission because when the battle was done, nothing happened I was just stuck on screen running around. I didn't mind cause it was fun and not long :p

I want to try a normal 25-floor and if we have time, 25-floor hard. Anyone up for it later tonight?

Swap note me or something for those that already have my FC.

Top Bottom