• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

JTripper

Pete mah boy!

post-23187-Dwayne-The-Rock-Johnson-Clappi-UqCk.gif

JTripper

Did they plan for this episode to air on Mother's Day?

Jesus.

What an episode. If the finale is any more emotional, I'll be a mess.

Also surprised at how well they handled (what could possibly be) the definitive conclusions to Pete, Sally, and Betty's arcs.

IronRinn

Preview showed nothing from the next episode, as I expected deep down. Can't believe it ends next week. I wonder if Weiner directs that one as well. This episode had some beautiful scenes in it.

Maengun1

I'm seriously gutted over what happened to Betty. I have always loved and related to her. I remember being terrified back in the season 5 episode after her weight gain when the doctor thought she might have a serious health issue but then it turned out to be nothing.

Sally :'(

Happy for Pete/Trudy....:(

If this episode was extended then the finale must be longer right. I just want a 2 hour episode or something.

With Breaking Bad, the final 2 ran an extra 10-15 minutes. Probably the same deal here, although I'd love a 2 hour or 90 minute episode next week, too. A lot of characters didn't get dealt with this week, although what was here was very good.

Chucker

What if the finale has Don getting thrown in jail for desertion. I didn't think about it in that first dream, but now that I brought it up...

After my comment about this episode seeming aimless, it and tightened into focus in the last 15 minutes there. So like I said, probably best to wait until the end of the story before passing judgment on the ending.

The agency related stuff the past 2 weeks was very good, and we got some great character stuff leading towards the end here. Plenty of ground to cover in the finale, though, so I hope it is nice and long. If it's only an extra 10 mins like this it'll be a shame, but I think that is AMC's template.

It does actually feel like it is moving towards an ending now, which up until this episode or possibly the last one, it has not.

JTripper

That was probably the last we see of Betty.

But either Sally and her have to tel Don and don will come back?

Something tells me Don won't be that affected by the news. I mean sure he'd probably be bummed out but it won't make him do anything drastic. I also think Sally is going to keep it a close secret with Betty and Henry.

I'm going to be sad when this show ends. There's nothing on it's level. And I watch everything :(

I hope Don finds an ending to his story. He seems content though. Like he's making progress.

Top Bottom