• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

So sad seeing Betty get hit with that nuclear bomb of a death sentence. I also admired her strength in this episode. She was just coming into her own.

Seesaw15

While I don't think the splitting of the final season really worked for Breaking Bad I'm really happy that they did it for Mad Men. The two halves of this season feel so tonally different the year in between really added to the impact of these final episodes.

Don Draper's gonna die but Dick Whitman is eternal :')

Hazmat

Really great episode. I was actually really happy to see Duck again. He's such an awesome pathetic wreck.

Glad to see my boy Pete coming out on top. I mean, after two weeks in Wichita he'll be fucking whores behind his wife's back again, but still.

Prompto

Banned
Maybe I don't watch enough TV, but I can't think of another series finale in recent memory where I had no idea what was going to happen going into it.

So sad seeing Betty get hit with that nuclear bomb of a death sentence. I also admired her strength in this episode. She was just coming into her own.
Weiner is cruel. Why couldn't he just give Betty a happy ending? :(

wedward

I could see it ending with Don making it to the coast and walking out into the water.

And then we get to listen to people argue whether he died or not for the next 10 years.

What an amazing episode. Loved seeing Pete happy and find what he wanted and these endings with Don ending up with less and less have been great

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Damn, great episode. The Sally scenes were all rough in a good way, and I think the Betty scenes were pretty satisfying. I liked the Don plot too and how that ended. Pete's story was great too, I think that's a good wrap-up for him. Really interested in seeing how this all ends. It's been a hell of a ride.

oatmeal

Banned
I thought don would disappear and go dick, but he's going to call Sally and find out about Betty and there's no way he leaves the kids to fend for themselves. Henry doesn't give a fuck about them, Sally will need to watch them solo? Fuck that.

He probably won't return an ad man, but Don will be back.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This episode reminded me why I love this series so much. This was Mad Men at the top of its form.

And I definitely agree, first series finale where I have zero clue what to expect. Literally none.

Rookje

344f96286a31fe98431f17e86f96de16.jpg

big ander

This was Mad Men at its most visually stunning and emotionally perplexing. stellar, stellar episode. I have no clue what will happen next week and I'm dreading the end.

Someone was going to get lung cancer but I would never have picked Betty. Maybe Don will just get a job fixing things. He fixed Pete's sink, he fixed a few things at the motel, he was interested in fixing cars once when he was toying with staying in California.

One more week of wild predictions to endure.

That was an incredible episode. Betty has long been one of my favorite characters, so this was hard to watch :(

The scene between Sally and Henry, and Betty's letter at the end...if that wasn't a top tier Mad Men episode, I don't know what is.

Loved Don's arc too, he really is a hobo

Dr Prob

Banned
Man, idk why Don didn't get that little shit stain to return the money in person to save face.

He was trying to help the kid and steer him away from having to live the same kind of life as Don Draper. There are also shades of him doing a little penance; even while telling the story of how he "got to go home," he can never really be completely honest about the entirety of the affair and deep down he feels that he deserves the scorn of those veterans. But he's still not paying for the room.

Tabris

I read some tweet which I thought was funny:

Letter to Sally: "your life will be an adventure." Letter to Bobby: "This happened because you ate my lunch on the field trip."

CassSept

What a bizarre episode. Both heartbreaking and heartwarming. It feels strangely good that Pete would be the one to get a completely happy ending. I also didn't think Mad Men would be a show that would kill off one of the main characters, but here we are.

I have no idea what happens next week, none. Don's been losing parts of his Don persona every week, what's left? Betty?

I have never expelled tears at a tv show, video game or film before.

When Sally read that letter I had a guttural reaction.

I think it's because my life is a shambles right now.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was so fucking impressed by Betty

what a character

Dany

Banned
I was expecting "Stairway to Heaven" to play with Betty there at the end.

What a bizarre episode. Both heartbreaking and heartwarming. It feels strangely good that Pete would be the one to get a completely happy ending. I also didn't think Mad Men would be a show that would kill off one of the main characters, but here we are.

I have no idea what happens next week, none. Don's been losing parts of his Don persona every week, what's left? Betty?

Don't forget about lane pryce. Hanging himself.

My one hope for the finale is that we get one more big scene with Don and Peggy. But that really isn't looking likely.

Do we know if the finale will be an extended episode?

woen

Dumb Draper is back and lost his car.

It's hard to see how it'll end, there's still room for 5-7 episodes for a melancholy theme, not just one.

I think the final episode will center around Don making a choice: Saying goodbye to New York for good and going back to being Dick Whitman (minus the legal name), or forcing himself to stay in order to look after his kids, who will need him now more than ever

His instinct will tell him to choose the former, but he'll go with the latter.

Joni

I think the final episode will center around Don making a choice: Saying goodbye to New York for good and going back to being Dick Whitman (minus the legal name), or forcing himself to stay in order to look after his kids, who will need him now more than ever

His instinct will tell him to choose the former, but he'll go with the latter.

Or he'll leave New York with his kids, deciding to settle down wherever Anna Draper lived.

Timbuktu

I thought don would disappear and go dick, but he's going to call Sally and find out about Betty and there's no way he leaves the kids to fend for themselves. Henry doesn't give a fuck about them, Sally will need to watch them solo? Fuck that.

Sally already know he's Dick, right? He'll take them with him for a new start out west, meet Anna's niece etc

phanphare

Banned
Weiner is cruel. Why couldn't he just give Betty a happy ending? :(

"You knew I would catch up with you eventually"

I think this will be a case of bitter dramatic irony. with the path don's going in I doubt he even finds out. he's shedding his don draper skin probably thinking that his family will be better off for it.

Top Bottom