• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

Dany

Banned
Last week was also a good send off for peggy. So maybe we won't see her.

I guess we don't need to see Don's final interaction with her. But roger! We gots too.

No way Don can jump out of that window now. I can't see them orohaning those kids.

He takes the kids with him when he jumps. it's the only way now.

really dark of weiner to have him do it.

Actually, on a serious note, is this the loosest we've seen Don since the California days which seem like a lifetime ago.

So I've been watching this on AMC's website where they had a live stream of their broadcast if you had a cable login. That seems to be completely gone now and their website is redesigned. Am I just not finding it or have they discontinued that?

Dany

Banned
So I've been watching this on AMC's website where they had a live stream of their broadcast if you had a cable login. That seems to be completely gone now and their website is redesigned. Am I just not finding it or have they discontinued that?

click on browse and up and right should be a live button.

ultron87

For just a moment there I had a vision of a finale that was Don battling grumpy veterans to get his damn car back. He ends Donald Draper right where he starts being him, as a soldier.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, idk why Don didn't get that little shit stain to return the money in person to save face.

NYR

Man, idk why Don didn't get that little shit stain to return the money in person to save face.
What, to impress some Podunk townspeople he will never see again? Don operated under the assumption that kid would be staying in that town or at least coming back someday, which he never could if he confessed.

maharg

idspispopd
Well, I've been avoiding reading this thread until now. Here's my prediction: Barely any Don in the finale, all about Peggy. Going for broke.

Seriously, though, this almost seemed like an ending for Don here. Like someone said: shedding all of Don, and there isn't much left. I don't think the show's going to tell us much about who he becomes.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
From "The Milk and Honey Route"

F9ksuyV.jpg

Tabris

I have a feeling the finale will end with a line like "I'm Dick Whitman". He is shedding Don Draper and becoming Dick Whitman again. Then maybe dies?

Draper

Don was not a good person. His life always involved poisoning any other's that didn't have some sort of direct dependance on his own. He is just the opposite of that concept now, he moves through life touching others and hoping for the best outcome for them even if it means sparing his own loins to make it so. It's pretty beautiful.

Josh5890

My predictions...

Betty- Story finished
Henry- Dumps the kids
Sally- Story finished.
Pete/Trudy- Maybe quick cameo, otherwise story finished.
Peggy- Starts her own agency
Harry- I really don't care.
Roger- Dies in the arms of a twenty year old.
Joan- Story is probably done, but maybe a last hurrah.
Don- Jumps

Duck- Cons Nixon's men into committing the Watergate Scandal.

PBY

Banned
My predictions...

Betty- Story finished
Henry- Dumps the kids
Sally- Story finished.
Pete/Trudy- Maybe quick cameo, otherwise story finished.
Peggy- Starts her own agency
Harry- I really don't care.
Roger- Dies in the arms of a twenty year old.
Joan- Story is probably done, but maybe a last hurrah.
Don- Jumps

Duck- Cons Nixon's men into committing the Watergate Scandal.
I'd fucking hate this tbh. It doesn't fit the show for everyone to have a bow put on their lives at the same time.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Was I the only one thinking Don would be outed by the Army dudes?

Also, what happened to Duck making Scout's Honor?

Tabris

Was I the only one thinking Don would be outed by the Army dudes?

Also, what happened to Duck making Scout's Honor?

lol, that's Lou Avery. I know they look similar. They actually came together in the elevator at the end of season 6. Duck was the one who got Lou Avery hired at SCDP.

Josh5890

Pretty cool that AMC is becoming the Mad Men channel for five days non-stop. To think that this show is what started the modern AMC.

Tabris

Fuck. It's been so long since I've watched the older seasons.

Lou Avery was the guy who came from that large agency (forgot the name), hired by SC&P to replace Don. Duck was his recruiter / headhunter. He showed up a couple scenes before joining SC&P. The main one being he was one of the main people going to the Chevy pitch just before SCDP merged with CGC to win the new Chevy car.

Duck was hired by Don at SC when Don became partner and after Roger had his heart attack. He arranged the buy out by the large London firm (PP&L) so they had a North American division. He was planning to be the president of the new company but bombed really badly due to Don not having a contract and him starting to drink again. He is an alcoholic and ends up in a couple scenes later as still an account man. Namely, trying to recruit Pete and Peggy to the firm he was working at (or trying to create his own firm). Having an affair with Peggy. Then being a drunk at the Cleos. Which I assume leads to him getting out as an ad-man and becoming a recruiter / headhunter. He brings Lou to SC&P. He has a scene about Benson being a fraud as Pete tries to get him recruited out.

realwords

Notice how the scene where Don is offered leftover roast while in Oklahoma transitions into the one where Pete and the other guy are enjoying steak flown in from Kansas.

The same Kansas that Don was in the day before.

Don is figuratively and literally ahead of his time.

Oh wow they air THIS episode on Mother's Day?

Tears for Betty, her life was swinging so far upwards too. Damn.

Really intrigued as to where Don goes next now. Honestly I think Joan and Pete don't need anymore screentime, their paths are over in this series

JTripper

It's a wonder that with all the foreshadowing and patterns surrounding Don recently that it's still so unpredictable. I hardly think it'll end on a defined note, but a more ambiguous one if the final scene only consists of Don. I think Peggy will receive a more definitive conclusion, if any character were to get one in the finale.

Another theory I have is that we're gonna jump way into the future for the finale. Not like "years" but maybe into the next year or far enough to where the character's surroundings are yet again unrecognizable. Like maybe Peggy is in a relationship with someone and she lives somewhere else in the city or Don is in another country or living in a new home.

BearPawB

Banned
I think it ends with a call back to the "I am don draper from Mcann Erickson"

Someone asks: who are you.
He answers: "I am Dick Whitman"

Show is about how Don was never satisfied with the fake life he had built. At the end of the day he is happiest as a poor old dick

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's a wonder that with all the foreshadowing and patterns surrounding Don recently that it's still so unpredictable. I hardly think it'll end on a defined note, but a more ambiguous one if the final scene only consists of Don. I think Peggy will receive a more definitive conclusion, if any character were to get one in the finale.

Another theory I have is that we're gonna jump way into the future for the finale. Not like "years" but maybe into the next year or far enough to where the character's surroundings are yet again unrecognizable. Like maybe Peggy is in a relationship with someone and she lives somewhere else in the city or Don is in another country or living in a new home.

I think a time jump in the finale would be great. Especially since they didn't show a clip from next week and we have a general idea of where everybody will be in the immediate future.

Kraftwerk

I feel numb.

This show had been such a source of varying emotions for me. I honestly don't know what I will do after it ends. I have been sitting here by my window just staring outside. Can't even sleep.

Some might call me crazy since its "just a TV show"...but it has been with me for years. God knows how many hours I have spent rewatching it. I have seen, read, and heard various forms of media over the years. Things that have been consistently ranked as the greatest. Mad Men is still unmatched for me.

The ending will definetky be a cathartic moment for me. I just know I will be crying my eyes out next week.

😢

MartyStu

I think it ends with a call back to the "I am don draper from Mcann Erickson"

Someone asks: who are you.
He answers: "I am Dick Whitman"

Show is about how Don was never satisfied with the fake life he had built. At the end of the day he is happiest as a poor old dick

Yup. He actually seems to be happy now as his stuff starts to disappear.

Top Bottom