• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

Fatalah

I just can't believe some of y'all are crying and whatnot over your favorite TV show ending....

Nostalgia - it's delicate, but potent..."nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone.

Hopefully I'm not the millionth person asking this but how soon does the new ep go up on iTunes (US version if it makes a difference)?

Not gonna watch live and I'm really worried about getting spoiled tomorrow morning.

I just can't believe someone who clearly doesn't like a TV show keeps posting it its community thread....

I love mad Men enough to know and appreciate its flaws. My life is far too full to be crying over it or following other people around about it.

Crazy speculation
fanfic
time.

The episode starts with Jim Hobart walking into Roger's office with two men, he gives a monologue about how he bought a rotten apple and he needs to remove it before it rots the rest of them. We see Roger hitting the ground after falling from his window. Peggy gets demoted to a secretary.

Joan gets assaulted at her home and a man tries to shot her, her new boyfriends ends up saving her. Pete's new Job is a ruse and he planned it with help from Duck, Jim just wanted Pete out of the company. He puts Pete and Ted on a private jet with the intention of crashing it but Ted manages to land the plane.

We see Jim at a sauna, a men tells him that they found Don's car. It crashed and they can't recognize the body but it's his car. A men walks into the sauna, it's a henchman hired by Joan's boyfriend and shoots Jim.

We see Don talking with someone over the phone, he is in Atlanta now. Just like in the war, he put his superior/friends in danger. He changes his name one more time and starts working as a handyman on the coke factory.

DarkKyo

I love mad Men enough to know and appreciate its flaws. My life is far too full to be crying over it or following other people around about it.

You sound pretty petty and judgmental. People can feel a different way than you and not be pathetic.

I'm willing to bet not a single person in this thread actually literally cried over the show ending...

Maybe he is referring to when I posted that the last episode made me cry(that ending with the letter...). I never said the show ending made me cry though, lol.

You sound pretty petty and judgmental. People can feel a different way than you and not be pathetic.

Maybe he is referring to when I posted that the last episode made me cry(that ending with the letter...). I never said the show ending made me cry though, lol.

if I had aid it was bad or negative then maybe iou have a point. Saying you don't understand something is the first step to penning conversation about it. Had I read somethinglike"mad men is ending and it always resonated with me and connected with me on s certain level and now it's ending and I was sad" well that's a conversion. Instead I read some hyperbole and did that I didn't understand it.

stop being so quick to be outraged that my opinion is different and that I'm willingly to discuss it.

That's it! I misinterpreted that.

if I had aid it was bad or negative then maybe iou have a point. Saying you don't understand something is the first step to penning conversation about it. Had I read somethinglike"mad men is ending and it always resonated with me and connected with me on s certain level and now it's ending and I was sad" well that's a conversion. Instead I read some hyperbole and did that I didn't understand it.

stop being so quick to be outraged that my opinion is different and that I'm willingly to discuss it.
Its not that you have a different opinion, its that youre being a dick about it.

Ok. Enlighten me on how to say

You don't, basically.

If what you're going to be criticizing people for is having an emotional reaction to a thing they like, then usually the best choices are either a) try to shift the discussion back to the show itself, and aspects of the show that can be discussed somewhat objectively or b) just don't say anything.

"I can't believe people are crying over this show" can basically only go one way.

You don't, basically.

If what you're going to be criticizing people for is having an emotional reaction to a thing they like, then usually the best choices are either a) try to shift the discussion back to the show itself, and aspects of the show that can be discussed somewhat objectively or b) just don't say anything.

"I can't believe people are crying over this show" can basically only go one way.[/QUOT

really because the person that I dress that to responded clearly without feeling offended or slighted and what the actual answer to the question I had so I believe that there's a lot of ways it could have gone

really because the person that I dress that to responded clearly without feeling offended or slighted and what the actual answer to the question I had so I believe that there's a lot of ways it could have gone

It could have, yeah, but it didn't. And it was much more likely that it wouldn't, honestly.

Not a single episode of Mad Men ever has made me cry, or even come near it, so far as I can remember. But it shouldn't be all that confusing/mysterious as to why it could (and does) affect others in that way. It's fairly obvious.

The only reason you ask the question is to suggest that the people having that reaction are weird for doing so. And people are going to react to that suggestion negatively.

It could have, yeah, but it didn't. And it was much more likely that it wouldn't, honestly.

Not a single episode of Mad Men ever has made me cry, or even come near it. But it shouldn't be all that confusing/mysterious as to why it could (and does) affect others in that way. It's fairly obvious.

The only reason you ask the question is to suggest that the people having that reaction are weird for doing so. And people are going to react to that suggestion negatively.

So we absurd potential duster that would have been perpetuated by everyone else. Great!

So we absurd potential duster that would have been perpetuated by everyone else. Great!

UHHUH.gif

Ok. Enlighten me on how to say. I don't understand how yall are doing x because of y?

I don't know why everyone is avoiding the fact you asserted that your life was fuller for not caring as much about the show.

That ends the discussion as to why people thought you were being a jerk pretty succinctly.

I don't know why everyone is avoiding the fact you asserted that your life was fuller for not caring as much about the show.

That ends the discussion as to why people thought you were being a jerk pretty succinctly.

Yeah. People with particularly full lives would probably feel their experiences cheapened looking at it like you do. If you have to overtly state it it's always going to look like bluster or indignation or something.

Hopefully I'm not the millionth person asking this but how soon does the new ep go up on iTunes (US version if it makes a difference)?

Not gonna watch live and I'm really worried about getting spoiled tomorrow morning.

I'm a cord cutter and purchase all of the eps off Google Play.

They're always up by the time I get up in the morning (typically around 5 a.m. EDT). I'd imagine it's up on iTunes by that point as well, if not earlier.

NoRéN

There's one thing in life that i just cannot handle. It gets to me every damn time.

Manly men tearing up or crying.

Fuck you, Don.

tearsofash

was on youtube watching watchmojo or whatever, the top 10 lists page, and there were a few Top 10 best Mad Men scenes, and Top Ten most shocking Mad Men scenes. After the last two seasons, I had completely forgotten how much balls, charisma, and wit this show really brought to the table.

Not saying it went downhill or anything, but it's lost that bright-eyed youthy charm. Though, I'd argue that's par for course given it's a fairly accurate period piece that really captures the time-specific moods of that era.

Opto

Banned
Was talking to my parents about how it would end. I guess that Don is just about to get to California when he calls in and hears about Betty. This brings Don back to New York to actually be a damn parent to his kids. Ends with him being a stay at home dad.

I just thought of this now: He might see Ghost Anne or Ghost Betty and this indicates to him that he needs to stop running away.

Top Bottom