• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

Joni

The pay-off would be more in character revelations. It has to give some hint in how Don will live his life during the 70s, has to resolve the Diana plot, give a hint to the future for Roger and Peggy, and see how Sally lives. They could do without Peggy, but she has been a main character so I expect her.

The pay-off would be more in character revelations. It has to give some hint in how Don will live his life during the 70s, has to resolve the Diana plot, give a hint to the future for Roger and Peggy, and see how Sally lives. They could do without Peggy, but she has been a main character so I expect her.

I would like this. I don't know if we'll get it.

kevin1025

Banned
I think the big question before the final episode is, will we see a lot of the characters or will this be a Don-only episode? Most of these final episodes gave great final moments for a good deal of the important characters.

Nameless

I would like to get one more Don & Peggy scene together, at least a phone call. But I guess 'the dance' being their last major moment together wouldn't he the worst thing in the world.

am anticipating a vague ending with no payoff and weiner fanboys to fawn all over it.

We have an hour to 'wrap up' inconclusive character arcs that have spanned seven seasons, a lack of payoff would be contriving some kind of conclusive ending where one can't believably exist.

We have an hour to 'wrap up' inconclusive character arcs that have spanned seven seasons, a lack of payoff would be contriving some kind of conclusive ending where one can't believably exist.

This is why I think we;ll get a good ending but its not the type of show to neatly package everything. i do think some of the earlier episodes this season were wasted opportunities.

kevin1025

Banned
This is why I think we;ll get a good ending but its not the type of show to neatly package everything. i do think some of the earlier episodes this season were wasted opportunities.

It was an odd way to get Don to a point where he shed every part of his existence (his marriage, his home and furniture, his job and now his car), but it was still expertly done, I think. The whole chasing Diana the waitress thing was something to chase after, but I think it was the precursor to where Don is going next.

It was an odd way to get Don to a point where he shed every part of his existence (his marriage, his home and furniture, his job and now his car), but it was still expertly done, I think. The whole chasing Diana the waitress thing was something to chase after, but I think it was the precursor to where Don is going next.

I get where they were going and definitely can't even think of another way to do it without starting it in the first half of the season. I wish the season hadn't been split. It probably would have flowed better to me.

Personally, I don't really want any of this. Well, maybe some of it, but I'd rather be left with a vague ending than be given a bunch of artless flashforwards.

And I think the Diana plot is largely resolved.

kevin1025

Banned
I get where they were going and definitely can't even think of another way to do it without starting it in the first half of the season. I wish the season hadn't been split. It probably would have flowed better to me.

Yeah, the flow was really messed with with the split, especially when they filmed them together.

This is likely a super spoiler since it was mentioned during filming (so avoid if you don't want anything known), but there was
a scene filmed at Big Sur that hasn't happened yet, so that will be in the finale.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If they spend 5 minutes on this Diana plot, 4 will be a waste. It's obvious Don is looking for himself, not her. Stop wasting time talking about her.

Timbuktu

I could do without Peggy, but they can have Don see her work, something that is obvious to him is by her and says something about their past and future.

Joni

Personally, I don't really want any of this. Well, maybe some of it, but I'd rather be left with a vague ending than be given a bunch of artless flashforwards.

And I think the Diana plot is largely resolved.

It is not necessarily flashforwards, it is showing the path these characters get on. For instance, we know Peggy's attitude towards McCann. But we have no clue if she will be accepted or rejected like Joan. If you know she is accepted/rejected, you get a reasonable idea of what will happen to her.

It is not necessarily flashforwards, it is showing the path these characters get on. For instance, we know Peggy's attitude towards McCann. But we have no clue if she will be accepted or rejected like Joan. If you know she is accepted/rejected, you get a reasonable idea of what will happen to her.

I feel like they've already given us a pretty good idea of where both Peggy and Joan are heading.

Peggy is going to be professionally successful, but will probably lead a largely unfulfilling personal life.

Joan's career is probably over, but she might have finally found the family she's always wanted. (Though I'm less certain of this; Captain Pike weirds me out.)

I feel like pike will drop her for someone younger or just get tired of 'listening to her problems'

She's doomed to living an unfulfilled life

Dabanton

To be honest it would be contrived if Don is away from NY and still gets into contact with other characters. I sort of like the idea that life just goes on with them.

Anyone seen the title?

Smells like
Don may never go back to NY

I think that he might move with his kids to the Midwest. I can't see him moving to California because of Megan.

I think Weiner is intentionally showing multiple characters feeling NYC, foreshadowing the devastating urban decay to come.

MoaM

Neo Member
He wouldn't completely exile himself from them if that's what you guys are inferring.

Keep in mind that while "Don" was living on the East Coast, Anna Draper was OK with him occasionally coming to visit her as "Dick".

Dany

Banned
mad man is ending dany hold me

;_;

mad-men-joan.w529.h352.2x.gif

To be honest it would be contrived if Don is away from NY and still gets into contact with other characters. I sort of like the idea that life just goes on with them.

How would it be contrived at all? We already know from the most recent episode that he's been keeping in touch with Sally during his road trip, its easy to imagine him calling her to check up on her and her telling Don, that Betty's dying from cancer and he comes back to New York.

Top Bottom