• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

Rachel

11a05968e82f04278914083f7b69e9eb.jpg

Truly awful.

And I have a feeling that was the mild version of the shit that actually happened back then.

Joan has more money than everyone in that room combined, so they can just sit and wait for their comeuppance.

big ander

Hm not sure I like this direction for Don. What's there to be explored by having him go from marriage with Megan and breaking it off in a way that felt very human, like he'd grown, to him being even worse than he was a decade ago? He's not having affairs, he has multiple booty calls for any night.

Maybe with the meeting with the McCann guys, the unifying point is supposed to be that it's 10 years later but the radical 60s have waned and now things are even worse: Joan and Peggy are in positions of power but are more directly sexualized than they were when they were secretaries. Guess we'll see.

Poor kenny. edit: aw man especially poor kenny

Hm not sure I like this direction for Don. What's there to be explored by having him go from marriage with Megan and breaking it off in a way that felt very human, like he'd grown, to him being even worse than he was a decade ago? He's not having affairs, he has multiple booty calls for any night.

Maybe with the meeting with the McCann guys, the unifying point is supposed to be that it's 10 years later but the radical 60s have waned and now things are even worse: Joan and Peggy are in positions of power but are more directly sexualized than they were when they were secretaries. Guess we'll see.

Poor kenny.

Interesting way of looking at it big ander. Although I'm not sure I would say Don is worse off than he was a year ago, I mean he's single now right? A decade ago he was cheating on Betty, now he's a single, successful man having lots of sex, of course the idea that Don ends up worse than before could totally happen, but I'm not seeing it from just this alone, unless there was a significant scene I missed.

Maybe Don's realized he's just not cut out for a long term relationship and that is the growth?

Edit: This is slightly uncomfortable lol

Top Bottom