• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

GOD DAMN THISNIS DON's final form
Looks like the tables just turned there
lol.gif

IronRinn

So...did he recognize her...because she's a prostitute?

I'm really confused by that scene. I am probably waaaaay off.

Talon

I can't tell if I recognize that woman because she was in an earlier season, or if I just recognize her as the face transplant lady on Grey's Anatomy.

big ander

"My name is Don." so seductive it's gross

Waitress/Rachel business has a heavy Vertigo influence.
Interesting way of looking at it big ander. Although I'm not sure I would say Don is worse off than he was a year ago, I mean he's single now right? A decade ago he was cheating on Betty, now he's a single, successful man having lots of sex, of course the idea that Don ends up worse than before could totally happen, but I'm not seeing it from just this alone, unless there was a significant scene I missed.

Maybe Don's realized he's just not cut out for a long term relationship and that is the growth?

Edit: This is slightly uncomfortable lol

I was going to say you're right and then the waitress sex happened. If he really were happy with mindless sex then that'd be his choice and I shouldn't have presumed it was an empty one, but if he's gonna become invested in this stranger just because he looks like Rachel then it seems this new hedonistic life isn't right for him.

I think she just looked like Rachel and she was willing to give into him for the giant tip.

Trey

She kinda looks like a woman Don has been yearning for. So he goes back there because his Don senses were tingling. The girl assumes he tipped her a hundred for some ass and gives it up in three words.

big ander

Shit always kinda works out for Ken doesn't it. Eye injuries notwithstanding. He'll be great, this is probably a good send-off for him.

edit: "This world is BORING." So many Mad Men haters would agree, Pete.

"My name is Don." so seductive it's gross

Waitress/Rachel business has a heavy Vertigo influence.

I was going to say you're right and then the waitress sex happened. If he really were happy with mindless sex then that'd be his choice and I shouldn't have presumed it was an empty one, but if he's gonna become invested in this stranger just because he looks like Rachel then it seems this new hedonistic life isn't right for him.

I think she just looked like Rachel and she was willing to give into him for the giant tip.

Ha its funny I was thinking the same thing as it happened. I guess I wasn't really thinking they would make Don worse than a decade ago since there are only seven episodes left and the first half of season 7 seemed to end with him basically learning to behave with integrity (I mean compared to how he usually is), like when he broke up with Megan it felt very human like you said, like he had grown, or when he passed the torch to Peggy and let her do the presentation for Burger Chef because he was on his way out.

fuck you guys......I'm not reading these comments till I can get this show on their website or xbox video or something. LHGHJd;lfahs;flnkas;lkfn

Trey

You don't look like a jerk for sending back food you didn't order. You look like a person who is getting rightly compensated for the money he or she is spending.

Top Bottom