• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Armaly

The TE sticks are ridiculously priced in New Zealand $400 to $500!

http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/support.aspx?post=1&results=10&q=fight+stick&source=all&bnSearch=Go!

Has anyone got suggestions for a PS4 controller that has a PCB that can be easily swapped out for my trusty old 360 SE stick? I upgraded that thing to Sanwa components for very little cost, and I cannot justify spending what they are asking for to get a PS4 stick.

The Alpha stick looks too small and I'm not sure there is space to upgrade the components so not really interested in that.
Have you looked into this? Dunno how much it would cost to ship to New Zealand.

Edit: If you just want ps4 compatibility couldn't you rip out one from a hori pad?

taco543

I have a white te2 but I'm realllllllly tempted to pick up an alpha and a te2+. I'd make the te2+ my main stick and have the others for guests.

negitoro7

Will my Xbox 360 Mad Catz SFIV pad work for the PC version of SFV? Going to return both the Hori FC4 and Mini stick, ordered the new TE2+, and would be nice to have a backup pad to use too. If it's not going to work, then maybe keeping the Hori FC4.

Wallach

Will my Xbox 360 Mad Catz SFIV pad work for the PC version of SFV? Going to return both the Hori FC4 and Mini stick, ordered the new TE2+, and would be nice to have a backup pad to use too. If it's not going to work, then maybe keeping the Hori FC4.

The 360 pad should work out of the box, yes. The TE2+ probably won't at launch unless MadCatz get a firmware update ready in the next 10 days.

Dremark

Banned
How is the quality of those Hori sticks? It's really ugly but at a little over half the cost of a Madcatz one I'm tempted.

It uses all knock off parts and the buttons are soldered in making it more difficult to mod from what I've read. It has a smaller form factor than the TEs or HRAPs which may be a plus or a minus depending on preference.

You are probably better off with an HRAP4 which goes for around $150 unless you know you want to drop Sanwa/Seimitsu parts in, are good with a soldering iron and don't mind or prefer the smaller form factor.

Just buying an HRAP4 will probably be cheaper than this and decent parts and you save yourself the time of modding it. Unless you meet the criteria above you're better off not bothering.

negitoro7

The 360 pad should work out of the box, yes. The TE2+ probably won't at launch unless MadCatz get a firmware update ready in the next 10 days.

Excellent, thanks! Since the 360 pad works Day 1, I'm gonna go ahead and return the two Hori purchases to Amazon. Can wait for a patch to enable the TE2+ for PC.

Wallach

Excellent, thanks! Since the 360 pad works Day 1, I'm gonna go ahead and return the two Hori purchases to Amazon. Can wait for a patch to enable the TE2+ for PC.

You'll be able to use x360ce or some other XInput wrapper to use the TE2+ on PC until they get all that stuff sorted.

Resilient

guys, should I drop $500AU on the TE2+

or should i just buy the TE2 with crappy Plexiglass for $300AU

anybody with the TE2, please chime in.

last stick was the HRAP.EX 360, I fixed her up with Sanwa buttons and life was good
was gonna get a TE but never did (cool story son)

pls help. AU doesn't seem to be getting the good shiet, so the only option is to import from NZ (found out that the NZ stock is from the local supplier which I believe is GameWizz Digital Entertainment).

Dremark

Banned
guys, should I drop $500AU on the TE2+

or should i just buy the TE2 with crappy Plexiglass for $300AU

anybody with the TE2, please chime in.

last stick was the HRAP.EX 360, I fixed her up with Sanwa buttons and life was good
was gonna get a TE but never did (cool story son)

pls help. AU doesn't seem to be getting the good shiet, so the only option is to import from NZ (found out that the NZ stock is from the local supplier which I believe is GameWizz Digital Entertainment).

The regular TE2 has no touchpad which is going to be a convenient thing to have. I don't know how prices in your country go but via US prices the HRAP4 is $50 less than the TE2 and includes a touchpad.

The standards for Hori parts have improved considerably since the beginning of last gen, they have thier own high quality stick and while I don't like thier buttons as much as Seimitsu or Sanwa they are pretty solid and I used the for about a year before I swapped them out of Seimitsu.

I would recommend buying the HRAP4 seeing if you like it stock and replacing parts if you don't, but going for the TE2 isn't a bad idea if you can deal without the touchpad as it sounds like the TE2+ is prohibitively expensive.

Edit: I took a look at AU GameStop and it looks like they sell the Venom Stick for $127. You could buy that and swap the parts out easily but you'd get no touch screen. That would probably be your cheapest solution.

The HRAP is on sale at my favorite import retailer: http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4-...yabusa-ps3ps4-brand-new-en-4961818025547.html looking at the price shipping and conversation it looks like it would set you back around $250 AUD.

Resilient

The regular TE2 has no touchpad which is going to be a convenient thing to have. I don't know how prices in your country go but via US prices the HRAP4 is $50 less than the TE2 and includes a touchpad.

The standards for Hori parts have improved considerably since the beginning of last gen, they have thier own high quality stick and while I don't like thier buttons as much as Seimitsu or Sanwa they are pretty solid and I used the for about a year before I swapped them out of Seimitsu.

I would recommend buying the HRAP4 seeing if you like it stock and replacing parts if you don't, but going for the TE2 isn't a bad idea if you can deal without the touchpad as it sounds like the TE2+ is prohibitively expensive.

Edit: I took a look at AU GameStop and it looks like they sell the Venom Stick for $127. You could buy that and swap the parts out easily but you'd get no touch screen. That would probably be your cheapest solution.

The HRAP is on sale at my favorite import retailer: http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4-...yabusa-ps3ps4-brand-new-en-4961818025547.html looking at the price shipping and conversation it looks like it would set you back around $250 AUD.

thanks for the run down.
did you own the TE2?

if i'm looking at purely the TE2 and the TE2+ .. what am i losing here besides the touch pad? so far the cons online are that the plexiglass generates moisture on the inside somehow.

It seems like every one in here is a buying a stick. Is the fightpad pro worth taking a gamble on? That's what I'm most interested in, but it not releasing until the same day as SFV has me a bit worried about the quality.

It seems like every one in here is a buying a stick. Is the fightpad pro worth taking a gamble on? That's what I'm most interested in, but it not releasing until the same day as SFV has me a bit worried about the quality.

I have a TE2 already but I'm getting a pad for friends to use when they come over. I think it looks good but I won't know till I have it in my hands.

Wallach

Seems a little early yet to know for sure. I guess Low Tier God got a retail version and is one of the first to post a YT video about it; not sure I trust the guy but he is a pad player and his first impressions of it seemed really positive. He had some of the prior MCZ Fightpads in the video so you can get a visual comparison of them and it certainly looks like it is made to a better standard than those were, but I think the main question is how the directional pad performs and holds up over time.

Whenever I get mine in I'll do a write-up on it to compare it to the FC4, which I think is probably the most direct competitor.

Dremark

Banned
thanks for the run down.
did you own the TE2?

if i'm looking at purely the TE2 and the TE2+ .. what am i losing here besides the touch pad? so far the cons online are that the plexiglass generates moisture on the inside somehow.

No, I have a TE2 on order though. I got an HRAP4 around the time Xrd came out so I don't have a touchpad on it. I had a PS3 and it's a good stick so I figured I'd get one of them.

I think the only significant difference is the touchpad, I'm sure if I'm missing something someone else will correct me though.

Dremark

Banned
I have a TE2 and it's great. I wouldn't spend $200 more for a touch pad that fighting games don't even use.

The functionality the touch screen is using in SFV seems like it will be pretty useful actually. It's pretty helpful in the mission mode of USF4 also.

I'm actually shelling out for a TE2+ and part of the justification is the touch screen. It's not the only reason I wanted another stick and I'm certainly not going to argue that it's worth $200 in itself. However saying fighting games don't use it is a bit misleading.

It isn't used in the main functionality and I don't think it's make or break in figuring out which stick to buy, but it's a convenient thing to have and it's worth taking into consideration when shopping for a stick.

red720

Have you looked into this? Dunno how much it would cost to ship to New Zealand.

Edit: If you just want ps4 compatibility couldn't you rip out one from a hori pad?

Thanks, I like the idea of keeping 360 and PC compatibility, even if I'm only using this on PS4 in the near future, things change.

amnesiac

Just ordered the TES+ from Newegg. Signed up for a free 12 months of Newegg Premier with my school email so I got free 3 day shipping.

If Newegg actually comes through then I'll just send back my Venom but if they don't I'll keep the Venom... I'm optimistic Newegg will fulfill orders though.

So I have to choose between the TES+ or the TE2 Chun Li edition.

What's the diference between these two? It's going to be my first stick and I plan to play at a competitive level. The Chun Li is 50$ more than the TES+. I don't mind shelling extra if it's worth it.

Aesthetically, I prefer the Chun Li edition but it has no R3/L3 buttons. I don't know if that will impact gameplay or not though...

Anyone can weigh in for me please?

amnesiac

What's the diference between these two? It's going to be my first stick and I plan to play at a competitive level. The Chun Li is 50$ more than the TES+. I don't mind shelling extra if it's worth it.

Aesthetically, I prefer the Chun Li edition but it has no R3/L3 buttons. I don't know if that will impact gameplay or not though...

You can get the Chun Li for $183 shipped from Newegg with code EMCEGEK32.

Dremark

Banned

TES+ has the touchpad, Chun Li TE2 is easier to open up.

Yudoken

360 devices work as Xinput devices on pc and work in almost any game.
We tried out a DS3, DS4 (with SCP DS3 drivers). 360 wireless, 360 wired, MC 360 Fightpad and MC TE 1 360 stick and worked fine with the betas and vs training.

Astarte

Is there any review on the fightpad that isn't lowtiergod? My friend wants to buy one but he's a bit timid about jumping in and I refuse to support that homophobic and racist bigot.

Dremark

Banned
Is there any review on the fightpad that isn't lowtiergod? My friend wants to buy one but he's a bit timid about jumping in and I refuse to support that homophobic and racist bigot.

I saw people flipping out about him being able to review the product, I honestly don't know much about the guy aside from his feud with Viscant and even that I don't know the details on.

Anyway I know he's not the only one who has gotten hands on with the product, Snake Eyez has also had some hands on time with the pads and made favorable statements about them although he didn't do a full review to my knowledge.

Bubba77

Just making sure im reading this right. I have a te2 for xbox one. The killer instinct pad. Thst should work on pc for launch right? Its windows 10 compatible

Astarte

I saw people flipping out about him being able to review the product, I honestly don't know much about the guy aside from his feud with Viscant and even that I don't know the details on.

Anyway I know he's not the only one who has gotten hands on with the product, Snake Eyez has also had some hands on time with the pads and made favorable statements about them although he didn't do a full review to my knowledge.

I just saw that he reviewed it instead of someone like Du and I was :/ over it.

Ah, alright. I'm sure that it's pretty good then if Snake's on board, but I'll wait for a bit before telling my friend.

Yeah I saw that too, totally caught me off guard. What is the issue with him?

It was a pretty bad review though, he didn't even talk about all the available buttons on the controller or really go into much depth.

Yeah I saw that too, totally caught me off guard. What is the issue with him? It was a pretty bad review though, he didn't even talk about all the available buttons on the controller or really go into much depth.

I didn't want to post this shit cause he doesn't need more visibility. I was surprised he got the hookup wtih a pad since he's the type of player and person the FGC could do without.

• rage quitting live on streams before he loses so people don't take his points
  • constant complaining, everything is cheap and dishonest (he's a rolento player LOL)
  • 100% negativity
  • bigotry and homophobic comments
  • when other players beat him it's only because of knockdowns in sf4
  • can't take any criticism, blocks or bans any comments not aligned with his views
  • threatening to beat people up, angry and very abusive
Here's an example of him rage quitting while playing Smug then continues to complain. Playing against one of the best SF4 Dudley's in North America and instead of learning and taking losses like a man he takes a page right out of the old-school arcade scene and throws a tantrum and goes on full-tilt.

How is the quality of those Hori sticks? It's really ugly but at a little over half the cost of a Madcatz one I'm tempted.
I cant vouch for it since I don't own it. Sorry. I purchased hrap 3 years ago but I gutted it and replaced it with Sanwa and Ps360+

To be fair, I love watching him rage so I've seen a lot of his videos but I've never heard him say anything racist. Well, he calls some black people "coons" but he doesn't seem to understand the term very well. He seems to dislike people who appear flashy and materialistic and thinks that's what the term "coon" is referring to.

He actually expresses his hate for racism. But that's about as far as I'm willing to go to defend him.

Resilient

Can you change the art on the TES+?

Is it still easy to replace parts on that too? Just have to open it up (i.e. without hinges like the TE2)?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I just saw that he reviewed it instead of someone like Du and I was :/ over it.

Ah, alright. I'm sure that it's pretty good then if Snake's on board, but I'll wait for a bit before telling my friend.

You can ask me whatever you want about it. I'll give it to you straight.

Also, LTG's comments should be noted that he used Mad Catz pads exclusively the past few years.

I didn't ask him to post a video/review, i just wanted to know his thoughts on it. I'm satisfied with what he told me.

Koeta

Is it still easy to replace parts on that too? Just have to open it up (i.e. without hinges like the TE2)?

Random video I found shows how easy it should be, the art is not as easy as the TE2's, but to change the buttons/stick is pretty much just 6 screws away.

I can't say the best way to do art on it myself though lots of people do it with sticky paper I believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5e6IfpJ5h8

Koeta

Thanks man.

It's either 300AU for the TE2 or 500AU for the TE2+..

bonus...better Plexiglass and a touchpad..hmm..

It's a lot of money for sure, for me I'm going TE2+ because I don't want to have to buy another one anytime soon, I want the one with all the features.

The touchpad and L3/R3 aren't deal breakers for a lot of people also, it's really about what matters to you.

Being able to change the art super easy means a lot to me personally so I'm going TE2+ for sure, but if it's not a big deal the TES+ has the touchpad and L3/R3 and can save you some money.

Ordered a BROOK stick adapter (X360 > PS4) hope it works perfectly.

Can I use the share function with it?

I got mine in yesterday. Worked pretty well with my TES with the 10 minutes I used it. I was glad I had a wired Xbox 360 controller to get the firmware upgraded. I don't know what to do with just a stick or a wireless controller to get it to upgrade. SRKs thread on the adapters had people messaging a guy about a workaround.

is this still an issue with TE2?

I hope not.

I had this happen to me with mine. It had to do with the plexi not bieng perfectly snug thus allowing moisture in and letting it move around to get scratched up. Finally getting around to replacing my plexi/art in time for SFV, among other customizations.

I've heard the more recent TE2 shipments have had a different plexi, and I'd assume that applies to the TE2+ as well. I'd assumed it curbed this problem, but I'm not 100% sure.

Paz

Starting to get real nervous about my Jan 25 amazon stick order that hasn't got an estimated ship date yet.

It's kind of ridiculous that SF V is going to launch in Australia with no local outlets selling the new sticks, I paid close to 400 for my x360 TE2 when it came out here and was happy to pay similarly for an updated stick with PS4 compatibility but it's increasingly looking like my only option will be an annoying adapter or buying the Chun Li TE2 which isn't even a real upgrade :/

Resilient

Starting to get real nervous about my Jan 25 amazon stick order that hasn't got an estimated ship date yet.

It's kind of ridiculous that SF V is going to launch in Australia with no local outlets selling the new sticks, I paid close to 400 for my x360 TE2 when it came out here and was happy to pay similarly for an updated stick with PS4 compatibility but it's increasingly looking like my only option will be an annoying adapter or buying the Chun Li TE2 which isn't even a real upgrade :/

actually I got word this morning that they are coming but will miss launch. And the prices are not pretty. Hve you considered importing from NZ for 480au?

Astarte

Yeah I saw that too, totally caught me off guard. What is the issue with him?

It was a pretty bad review though, he didn't even talk about all the available buttons on the controller or really go into much depth.

Not a friendly person to say the least.

You can ask me whatever you want about it. I'll give it to you straight.

Also, LTG's comments should be noted that he used Mad Catz pads exclusively the past few years.

I didn't ask him to post a video/review, i just wanted to know his thoughts on it. I'm satisfied with what he told me.

Did other, more likable pad players also give you input? I know that Snake did, but I'm wondering if people like Smug or Du did as well?

ezpz. There are a lot of tutorials online, video guides, etc.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Did other, more likable pad players also give you input? I know that Snake did, but I'm wondering if people like Smug or Du did as well?

Smug and Du don't use the Mad Catz pads, but I'll reach out to them. I did send a set to Problem X and of course Snake Eyez has had some for a few weeks.

I have a lot of feedback from casual/pro players alike. I'll probably go over it this week online.

I didn't want to post this shit cause he doesn't need more visibility. I was surprised he got the hookup wtih a pad since he's the type of player and person the FGC could do without.

• rage quitting live on streams before he loses so people don't take his points
  • constant complaining, everything is cheap and dishonest (he's a rolento player LOL)
  • 100% negativity
  • bigotry and homophobic comments
  • when other players beat him it's only because of knockdowns in sf4
  • can't take any criticism, blocks or bans any comments not aligned with his views
  • threatening to beat people up, angry and very abusive
Here's an example of him rage quitting while playing Smug then continues to complain. Playing against one of the best SF4 Dudley's in North America and instead of learning and taking losses like a man he takes a page right out of the old-school arcade scene and throws a tantrum and goes on full-tilt.

Sounds like dsp.

Edit: watched the video what a bitch. Lose with some dignity.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey MarkMan, I've been using pads in fighters for years. Send one my way. I'm not a controversial figure in the FGC either. Thanks!

EDIT: Will it be a problem that I reside in Australia?

Top Bottom