• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Armaly

Starting to get real nervous about my Jan 25 amazon stick order that hasn't got an estimated ship date yet.

It's kind of ridiculous that SF V is going to launch in Australia with no local outlets selling the new sticks, I paid close to 400 for my x360 TE2 when it came out here and was happy to pay similarly for an updated stick with PS4 compatibility but it's increasingly looking like my only option will be an annoying adapter or buying the Chun Li TE2 which isn't even a real upgrade :/
Why don't you look into importing the brook pcb then?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'll be real bummed if I don't get my TE2+ this month. I preordered back in December the moment they went up on Amazon.ca

A delay seems more and more likely. My hype for SFV is beginning to deflate due to this. MadCatz needs to get on top of their supply chain management.

yop

is this still an issue with TE2?

I hope not.

I got mine last July and was pretty much the same as that. I was at a couple of events last year where Capcom had SFV builds and the sticks they provided all showed the same problems.

Mad Catz did replace my plexi and artwork but the plexi just isn't up to scratch for such an expensive product.

Koeta

I got mine last July and was pretty much the same as that. I was at a couple of events last year where Capcom had SFV builds and the sticks they provided all showed the same problems.

Mad Catz did replace my plexi and artwork but the plexi just isn't up to scratch for such an expensive product.

:( that doesn't sound good for the price I expected more, we will see how the TE2+'s hold up soon enough I guess.

yop

:( that doesn't sound good for the price I expected more, we will see how the TE2+'s hold up soon enough I guess.

As mentioned above apparently the plexi issue has been fixed for the TE2+ and S+. If not I'll be returning my S+ order.

Huggers

UK people. Got an 'order fulfilled' email this morning and I just received a text from DPD saying I have a parcel being delivered tomorrow. Hype level is off the charts but I'm wondering whether the DPD thing could be something else I've ordered. Raelly hope it's my stick. Anyone know which courier they use over here?

vag 2.0

UK people. Got an 'order fulfilled' email this morning and I just received a text from DPD saying I have a parcel being delivered tomorrow. Hype level is off the charts but I'm wondering whether the DPD thing could be something else I've ordered. Raelly hope it's my stick. Anyone know which courier they use over here?

i just got the dpd text myself and i haven't ordered anything else :)

Simo

Hopefully MarkMan can give us a update when they start shipping to Amazon etc so we can work out if we're getting them close to launch day or even this week?

I saw the Mad Catz twitter feed talking about getting your orders in for the second shipment but when you go to the site and try to preorder they're just redirecting you to Amazon anyway?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Hopefully MarkMan can give us a update when they start shipping to Amazon etc so we can work out if we're getting them close to launch day or even this week?

I saw the Mad Catz twitter feed talking about getting your orders in for the second shipment but when you go to the site and try to preorder they're just redirecting you to Amazon anyway?

this is what he said on the subject:

For Amazon/GameStop/New Egg customers, we will deliver their product prior to launch, however we don't hold accountability for how they ship/prioritize orders. Your best bet is to check with them.

UK here. Got my fightstick alpha delivered today. I was worried that it would be too small but it seems to be a good fit, I'm quite happy with it! Just wondering is it as easy to mod this one as previous sticks? Not that I'm in any rush to.

UK here. Got my fightstick alpha delivered today. I was worried that it would be too small but it seems to be a good fit, I'm quite happy with it! Just wondering is it as easy to mod this one as previous sticks? Not that I'm in any rush to.

Good to hear they are already out in the wild. I hope to hear and see some pictures, impressions and Youtube reviews in the next day or two (specifically on the Alpha).

EDIT: Apparently it is moddable as well with Sanwa parts (like JLF and buttons). Not sure if it's big enough for larger sticks though. Apparently the buttons are also soldered on so you would need to re-solder new buttons or clamp them

myco666

Well depends on what stick you are comparing it to. Looking at the insides of that thing it doesn't seem to be the easiest thing to mod but you don't need to dremel the case or solder anything if you want to change the parts.

edit.
Oh buttons are soldered? Well that makes the modding little bit trickier.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

My best suggestion if you're going to mod it is to have a wiring harness ready with quick disconnects. The current solution is wires soldered directly to the buttons.

I'm glad you're happy with it thus far. Take care.

RedAssedApe

Banned

how is the weight on that thing? i think my main concern is it being too light so that it moves around alot even on a table. not planning on playing on my lap.

Shifty

Is it me, or does the D-Pad on the fightpad not have any Ds on it?

CVT0u5LUwAAl1d0.jpg

How does the size compare to the OG SE sticks?

It's definetely smaller than the OG SE sticks, about the same size as my ipad air. The buttons feel about the same in terms of quality.

The weight took me aback at first but it doesn't feel like its gonna slide off my lap. I tend to sit with my legs close together so if you're used to having a tournament edition stick spread across your lap that may take some getting used to. It seems sturdy enough though if you're putting it on a table.

Haven't had much time to properly use it so I'll see how things go once I put it through its paces

Simo

Against my better judgement I contacted Amazon support about my TE2+ order and delivery date and pretty much just got a fart in the wind.

They won't provide a delivery estimate or email until next Tuesday when the item is released and while they're definitely guaranteeing the item will be released the 16th, I'll receive the product at the earliest scheduled delivery!

...uh ok? So anytime between February 17th and April...maybe..lol

>(

Raitaro

Good to hear they are already out in the wild. I hope to hear and see some pictures, impressions and Youtube reviews in the next day or two (specifically on the Alpha).

EDIT: Apparently it is moddable as well with Sanwa parts (like JLF and buttons). Not sure if it's big enough for larger sticks though. Apparently the buttons are also soldered on so you would need to re-solder new buttons or clamp them

Me too. It might be the entry level, compact stick I've been waiting for.

Soldering means I won't be able to mod them myself though. I lack any confidence to do so. My dad was well into that stuff but he died a few years ago and now I don't have any of his soldering kit anymore.

Resilient

Yes the TE2+ has the fixed plexi. What a ridiculous price, we can order it from Amazon for $340 AUD shipped, still wouldn't pay that much though. Far too overpriced.

I'm not talkin bout the TE2+, I mean the TE2. the blue one that was originally released in August.

TacosNSalsa

Damn it that red one looks nice..I wanted really bad and was going to get one to use with other games..without the second stic it's useless to me ... :-(

Resilient

All versions of the TE2 moving forward have the issue taken care of.

So not the actual TE2 , blue one, released in August? That stick is still affected by the moisture?

Sorry but the answer is realy vague. Versions moving forward = newly manufactured versions of the blue TE2 for Ps4 I linked above?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So not the actual TE2 , blue one, released in August? That stick is still affected by the moisture?

Sorry but the answer is realy vague. Versions moving forward = newly manufactured versions of the blue TE2 for Ps4 I linked above?

Every new TE2 from November onward has the updated clear panel.

This includes new versions of the Mad Catz TE2 and Chun-Li TE2.

Tik-Tok

Markman any idea whats up with Amazon Canada delivery date for pre-orders for the new sticks? They said Feb 16th delivery before but now shits up in the air.

Paz

Why don't you look into importing the brook pcb then?

I'm not confident enough to mod my stick and am happy to keep it as a 360/PC compatible stick so long as I can buy a new upgraded PS4 stick at a reasonable price.

TE2+ has finally landed in AU for a 29th of Feb release. Prepare your wallets.

So was this version of the TE2 fixed re: plastic/Plexiglass moisture issue? MarkMan can you chime in on this?

Holy fuck 500, I thought we got screwed on the TE stick at SF IV's launch but this is on a whole new level. And it's not even gonna make the release date!

So people can get an idea of that price, it currently costs more than the full RRP of a PS4 (let alone what you can actually buy a PS4 for).

Resilient

I'm not confident enough to mod my stick and am happy to keep it as a 360/PC compatible stick so long as I can buy a new upgraded PS4 stick at a reasonable price.

Holy fuck 500, I thought we got screwed on the TE stick at SF IV's launch but this is on a whole new level. And it's not even gonna make the release date!

So people can get an idea of that price, it currently costs more than the full RRP of a PS4 (let alone what you can actually buy a PS4 for).

Yeah. It's fucked. I'm trying to understand how it could possibly be justified in costing more than a brand new console. 229US converts to around 330AU (yes I know this doesn't really mean a whole lot on its own), so what kind of insane mark up is this and who is marking it up so hard? Seems like the suppliers had to pay a lot more to get the sticks here than what they should have, because JB NZ is charging the same fucked up amount!

I'm gonna sift through my old emails now to see how much I bought the HRAP.EX for...it was around the GFC and I got it from Play Asia.

Yep...HRAP.EX cost me 305AU at SF4 launch LOL and then I put Sanwa in it too...man, AU and sticks just don't go well together.

Top Bottom