• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Paz

Yeah. It's fucked. I'm trying to understand how it could possibly be justified in costing more than a brand new console. 229US converts to around 330AU (yes I know this doesn't really mean a whole lot on its own), so what kind of insane mark up is this and who is marking it up so hard? Seems like the suppliers had to pay a lot more to get the sticks here than what they should have, because JB NZ is charging the same fucked up amount!

I'm gonna sift through my old emails now to see how much I bought the HRAP.EX for...it was around the GFC and I got it from Play Asia.

Yep...HRAP.EX cost me 305AU at SF4 launch LOL and then I put Sanwa in it too...man, AU and sticks just don't go well together.

I'm willing to pay up to 400 for a TE2+ which I think is fair given the exchange rate pegs it at sub 350 straight up, but 500 is just ridiculous.

Resilient

I'm willing to pay up to 400 for a TE2+ which I think is fair given the exchange rate pegs it at sub 350 straight up, but 500 is just ridiculous.

Same. If it was 400-420 in store I'd go buy one right now..

but this...this price plus the delay is something else. I dunno man. NZ looks like they have their act together cause they're selling it at JB and it releases on the 18th. I think the AU suppliers dropped the ball. I don't think Gamesmen or PCCG really give a shiz if they sell or not lol.

mitchlol

I need some advice, I put this in the Arcade stick thread but I'll paste here and see if anyone is able to answer it.

I have a MadCatz SFxT Fightstick Pro (Xbox 360 version) that I currently use for PC. I was thinking of getting a Brook Super Converter 360 > PS4 so I would be able to use my stick on a PS4 and Vs my friends locally when I go over to their house.

I tried to find out if the Brook Super Converter is compatible but it doesn't list the SFxT fightstick, I was under the impression that the components were the same as a MadCatz TE albeit with a different body. Is anyone able to confirm that the Brook Super Converter 360 > PS4 works with my stick before I lay down the money and order it.

Also does anyone know if the converter will introduce any sort of unwanted latency for the other player using a regular PS4 controller in a offline Vs match.

Not that I think it should make any difference but the game will be SFV

vg260

I'm seeing a lot of people unhappy with the increased cost of sticks. They cited the new licensing costs and contracts as a major reason, but did they really have to make their line all SFV-branded?

I could be way off, but I think even if they launched a new line with the new features, but without the SFV branding, there still would have been interest, especially since their TE2 sticks were not ideal. I imagine the SFV license is expensive, but I wonder if it was necessary. I think a lot of people are buying sticks to play SFV, not as much for the new art.

I need some advice, I put this in the Arcade stick thread but I'll paste here and see if anyone is able to answer it.

I have a MadCatz SFxT Fightstick Pro (Xbox 360 version) that I currently use for PC. I was thinking of getting a Brook Super Converter 360 > PS4 so I would be able to use my stick on a PS4 and Vs my friends locally when I go over to their house.

I tried to find out if the Brook Super Converter is compatible but it doesn't list the SFxT fightstick, I was under the impression that the components were the same as a MadCatz TE albeit with a different body. Is anyone able to confirm that the Brook Super Converter 360 > PS4 works with my stick before I lay down the money and order it.

Also does anyone know if the converter will introduce any sort of unwanted latency for the other player using a regular PS4 controller in a offline Vs match.

Not that I think it should make any difference but the game will be SFV

I have the SFxT Pro stick for the Xbox 360 and it works with the Xbox360/Xbox One to PS4 Brook converter just fine. Haven't tried with another player locally, but nothing of the sort has been reported.

Just fyi, they have both an X360 to PS4 and an X360/XboxOne to PS4 converter. The latter is more expensive, but might be worth it if you ever might use an Xbox One controller too.

Resilient

I'm seeing a lot of people unhappy with the increased cost of sticks. They cited the new licensing costs and contacts as a major reason, but did they really have to make their line all SFV-branded?

I could be way off, but I think even if they launched a new line with the new features, but without the SFV branding, there still would have been interest, especially since their TE2 sticks were not ideal. I imagine the SFV license is expensive, but I wonder if it was necessary. I think a lot of people are buying sticks to play SFV, not as much for the new art.

I have the SFxT Pro stick for the Xbox 360 and it works with the Xbox360/Xbox One to PS4 Brook converter just fine. Haven't tried with another player locally, but nothing of the sort has been reported.

Just fyi, they have both an X360 to PS4 and an X360/XboxOne to PS4 converter. The latter is more expensive, but might be worth it if you ever might use an Xbox One controller too.

In Australia at least,

TE2 - $300AU
TE2+ - $500AU

$200 AU for what is apparently -

touchpad
L3 R3
pic of ryu
plastic colouring change

hm..that is..quite the expensive license lol.

Just went to pre-order a TES+ from Amazon and noticed it said they won't ship until April...Anyone have any guesses as to whether or not Newegg would be able to get one to me by next week if I pre-order this week?

Resilient

Just went to pre-order a TES+ from Amazon and noticed it said they won't ship until April...Anyone have any guesses as to whether or not Newegg would be able to get one to me by next week if I pre-order this week?

MadCatz website still has them in stock if you're from the US/EU

I'm getting worried about madcatz fulfilling orders past the first few rounds of these.

Rumor is a bankruptcy announcement may come tomorrow. Trading on their stock is halted.

Real shame if true.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm getting worried about madcatz fulfilling orders past the first few rounds of these.

Rumor is a bankruptcy announcement may come tomorrow. Trading on their stock is halted.

Real shame if true.

yeah i'm glad i got my pre order in early... hopefully it comes in asap with no issues bc these are probably the last TEs we'll ever see

good to nab one before SF V, T7 and whatever else drops this gen

Linkhero1

Real shame if true.
This is what worries me. I want a TE stick so bad. Sucks that they will likely go bankrupt. We need more competition in the stick market.

Real shame if true.

Yeah. The silence is deafening. Really seems like they have dropped the ball on the release of these fightsticks. Seems like mismanaged supply chain or something of the sort. Being a week away with so little information is troubling. Now with this news, it's not looking great.

Damn I feel bad for cancelling my order earlier today i had that preorder since dec 3 but not knowing the estimate delivery date made me just say fuck it. Markman from one Jordan fan to another I have to cop those Retros Masters 12's later this month forgive me senpai ;_; if TES is available in March I'll buy it I still need a ps4 stick.. Here's hoping.

Cuqo5.jpg

Just picked this up at the Frys in San Diego! Thanks for the heads up on the Woodland Hills store.

paolo11

Can you post some impressions? I'm split between this and the FC4.

Ok here are the impressions:

Buttons are responsive. The material is high quality. You can tell when you hold it.

The d pad is the most intriguing part. If you are used to the HOri FC4 or the Madcatz Sf pad, you might want to practice the new d pad. Its uneasy to do fireball of the dpad. You need to slide it to the right and since its circular, you can't feel the direction. It may take time to get used too.

The pros on it is its easy to crouch dp on it. I'll try spd motion and charge characters tomorrow.

If you are used to the Saturn or Snes/pad, I'd get the HOri FC4. If you want something new, I'd get the Sf V pad.

Remember, since it's circular pad, it may take time to feel the forward or backward while doing fb. Most of the time I'm doing cr p instead of fb cuz I thought I'm at the forward motion and realized my fingers are at diagonal forward. You will adjust on this pad.

Dremark

Banned
The CEO, chairperson, and vice president of Madcatz have all resigned on the eve of bankruptcy.

Has anything actually been revealed as far as bankruptcy goes? I'll admit it looks really bad but we probably shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I hope it's just a really bad looking coincidence, they've actually become a good company and put out quality products now, it'd be a real shame for the them to go under.

RedAssedApe

Banned
ign did an unboxing of the fightpads with combofiend

Has anything actually been revealed as far as bankruptcy goes? I'll admit it looks really bad but we probably shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I hope it's just a really bad looking coincidence, they've actually become a good company and put out quality products now, it'd be a real shame for the them to go under.

earnings report is tomorrow. multiple executives resigning is usually not a good sign.

Dremark

Banned
earnings report is tomorrow. multiple executives resigning is usually not a good sign.

Like I said "I'll admit it looks really bad but we probably shouldn't jump to conclusions.".

Anyway, it is a bad sign but hopefully it's not as bad as it seems like it could be.

zaryn

Still no delivery date on the FightStick Alpha through Amazon. Granted I probably preordered too late on Jan. 30. I've at least got a date for the guide, but it's a week after release, Feb 22-23.

Anyone else have a delivery date for the Alpha?

gunstarhero

Still no delivery date on the FightStick Alpha through Amazon. Granted I probably preordered too late on Jan. 30. I've at least got a date for the guide, but it's a week after release, Feb 22-23.

I got an email last night from Amazon - ETA is 2/16/16 for me. I ordered mine on 1/29/16 BTW.

amnesiac

So I guess PS3 stick compatibility was confirmed? Just ordered a PS3 Tournament Edition Round 2 from Amazon for $60. If it turns out the news was incorrect I can just return it to Amazon but it'll be nice if I can save $140!

Peltz

Just came here hoping for the best with my preorder.

Madcatz has really upped the quality of their products in the last 10 years or so and it's a real shame to hear that it's all backfiring on them.

I have a TE2 stick for 360 and I truly cherish it - and I'm not even a big fighting game fan. I just love the fact that they mass produced really good arcade sticks with Sanwa parts back then when it wasn't the norm.

Pompadour

Do they have a PS4 to 360/XB1 converter? I'd like to be able to play my old 360 fighters and KI both with my PS4 TE2.

redhood56

Banned
I ordered a tes+ back in early January from the madcatz website and mine still hasn't shipped. Did anybody else get theirs shipped from madcatz website ?

Koeta

Is there any fight pad compatible with PC?

Believe so, they said all the products that are PS4 work on PC? but they use Dinput I think and SF5 might not launch with support for it at first, so you might need to use a program to convert it to Xinput.

Something like that anyway.

Believe so, they said all the products that are PS4 work on PC? but they use Dinput I think and SF5 might not launch with support for it at first, so you might need to use a program to convert it to Xinput.

Something like that anyway.

Funny thing is that I played the beta on PC and PS4 input controls weren't available, only worked using the xone controller...!

Koeta

Funny thing is that I played the beta on PC and PS4 input controls weren't available, only worked using the xone controller...!

It has to do with Dinput and Xinput, the PS4 controller (and Mad Catz PS4 sticks) use Dinput, while most games use Xinput on PC these days.

Capcom and Mad Catz both are working on solutions I believe, but for now the only option if you are using Dinput is to use another program to convert Dinput to Xinput to play games that don't support it.

At least that's how I understand it.

paolo11

Played another session using my fighpad pro. It's hard to shortcut dp in reaction it seems. Most of the time I'm doing crouch punch on in reaction instead of dp. When you do fb, make sure your thumb is touching forward or a bit upper forward. It will take a lot of time to adjust on this dpad. I don't recommend it as pick and play however......

If you are using Zangief, it's so easy to spd. Super easy. Easy to 360 moves. No wonder why SnakeEyes love this pad. It's made for 360 characters. Its also easy to flash kick but for sonic boom, it's gonna take time to get used too. You have to figure out the sweet spot on the forward motion from your boom or else it will do cr punch.

My verdict, get the Hori FC 4 for pick and play. Easier to use but if you are Zangief player, go get Fightpad Pro. Btw, I tried Yoga Flame and its tough too. Even shinku hadoken is not consistent.

Dremark

Banned
How about this one? reviews on amazon are pretty solid

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015PHMFU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I used to have that stick. The stock parts are junk. The stick itself is so bad you'll actually miss inputs if you move the stick quickly.

With sticks you get what you pay for and this is a junk stick. It's not an easy mod either, but if you want to make a project out of it you can salvage it and put good parts in.

Recommendation to avoid.

I used to have that stick. The stock parts are junk. The stick itself is so bad you'll actually miss inputs if you move the stick quickly.

With sticks you get what you pay for and this is a junk stick. It's not as easy mod either, but if you want to make a project out of it you can salvage it and put good parts in.

Recommendation to avoid.

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I will spend a bit more and get the mad catz Alpha pad for $79

myco666

How about this one? reviews on amazon are pretty solid

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015PHMFU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have Datel Arcade Pro which from what I've understood is the same stick and it isn't great. If you are not sure if you like to use arcade stick it is kinda fine stick to test it out but you would want to upgrade to better one paying even more money. Buying more expensive stick immediately is much better option as you can usually sell it at same price as you bought it.

DrDogg

Hopefully Mad Catz isn't filing for bankruptcy. I know it doesn't look good right now, but Mad Catz fills a big hole in the US FGC. If things do go badly, hopefully all of the employees land on their feet, especially the FGC guys. I've known many of them for a very long time. My first Mad Catz product was the six button Dreamcast pad. I loved that thing.

People who ordered the Alpha from Mad Catz are starting to receive them. My friend ordered one and it's already shipped with an expected delivery date of today.

Amazon US for an Alpha stick?

still no news from Amazon RE: my TES+

Seems the Alpha sticks were the first to ship. I wouldn't worry too much about the TES+ and TE2+ just yet. I expect they'll ship sometime this week (just a guess).

Top Bottom