• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Of course Capcom announces that SFV will be compatible with ps3 sticks when I already wasted the 220 for the TE2.

That's what I get for not being patient.

vg260

What? Is this legit? Source?

People are speculating bankruptcy without confirmation. The leadership is resigning/changing (probably before being officially voted out) which indicates people were not happy with the financial performance and/or direction. It does not necessarily mean bankruptcy. Their investor call is this afternoon.

kage

I've preordered the TE2+ on amazon on Dec 3rd, and I just got an email from them today about the delivery date: Feb 19th on '2 Business Days' shipping.

Bii

I was on the late train and didn't preorder the SFV sticks on Amazon until Jan 28th. I don't mind waiting if it ends up being pushed back to April, I might pick up one of the FightPad Pros to hold me over.

Peltz

Damn Amazon. Don't fail me now.

Agreed that it was a dick move by capcom... I actually don't have a PS3 stick so I decided to get the one that is compatible with both PS3 and PS4.

hort

Neo Member
I've preordered the TE2+ on amazon on Dec 3rd, and I just got an email from them today about the delivery date: Feb 19th on '2 Business Days' shipping.

Makes me worried what my date will be. I ordered on the 22nd, which is a couple of days before their "April" cutoff, but I haven't gotten anything from them and really hope its not too far out from when the game comes out.

At least my Eightarc Fusion will work until then.

Resilient

yeah seems like if you dont like it and are in limbo with the TE2+, you can just cancel the order and go PS3 stick if you're very concerned about missing launch.

the TE2 body is exactly the same as the TE2+ body, it's literally just the touch pad and R3/L3 buttons right?

Amazon.ca on my ship date for the TE2+...

"item will be shipped by Thursday, March 24, 2016"

Ordered on the 3rd of December moments after they went live.

Edzi

Looks like I'll be getting my TE2+ by Feb 16th from Amazon. I preordered on Dec. 3rd with prime two day shipping.

Edzi

Did you read my post above?

I'm guessing it has something to do with where you live. (I'm in California, which is probably closer to where Mad Catz is shipping from)

yeah seems like if you dont like it and are in limbo with the TE2+, you can just cancel the order and go PS3 stick if you're very concerned about missing launch.

the TE2 body is exactly the same as the TE2+ body, it's literally just the touch pad and R3/L3 buttons right?

According to MarkMan, they also updated and improved some minor things with the case, like the better plexi glass.

_jnup

Still haven't received anything yet for the TE2+ and FightPad Pro. Ordered right after they went live.

Resilient

I'm guessing it has something to do with where you live. (I'm in California, which is probably closer to where Mad Catz is shipping from)

According to MarkMan, they also updated and improved some minor things with the case, like the better plexi glass.

yeah the plexi we got confirmation they fixed this on the TE2 as well, moving forward past November. So Chun Li and the original TE2 have the fixed plexi.

Now the body? is the body different? looks exactly the same to me in pictures, guess we don't know till ppl get their hands on Ryu. but again, just lack of information, these are 230US sticks, 500AU. if i'm gonna buy one I want to know everything that has changed. not just pieces here, scavenging through forum posts and interview quotes. it's a premium product. i don't buy a new GPU cause i heard it works fast. I buy it because AMD/NVIDIA tell me literally everything about it so i can make an informed decision.

Even Hori sticks are sold out on amazon. The thirst is real.

honestly don't even feel bad for the 16ers, i went through hell in 09 getting a new for dat sweet SF4. that was a real thirst. i've got spreadsheets this time around

dmr87

Of course Capcom announces that SFV will be compatible with ps3 sticks when I already wasted the 220 for the TE2.

So is it confirmed to be sticks and not just regular controllers? I just saw the tweet from @StreetFighter.

k4n3

Banned
wow are you serious? they have problems filling orders AGAIN? this is the SF4 launch all over i can see why madcatz is about to go under come on man

yeah the plexi we got confirmation they fixed this on the TE2 as well, moving forward past November. So Chun Li and the original TE2 have the fixed plexi.

Fixed during production? Was there any fixes offered to those with the rainbow plexi?

Amazon.ca CS rep confirmed that they have not received ANY of these in their warehouses yet. None have been sent out.

Fucking garbage.

After i got rid of my original TE stick for SF4.

Fuck MadCatz and i am glad they are in the situation they find themselves in.

Sure i bought a new one TE USF4 for PS3/PS4 but it's the principal of not disclosing this shit beforehand and making people buy shit again.

Fuck MadCatz

DrDogg

hahaha

this launch is a mess, SF4 was the test run; this should have been basic by this point.

wow are you serious? they have problems filling orders AGAIN? this is the SF4 launch all over i can see why madcatz is about to go under come on man

Having been in the industry for 20-some years now, I highly doubt this is on Mad Catz. I'm sure if the company was able to produce an endless number of sticks for launch, they would. There's almost certainly a problem that's out of their control, which is causing these supply issues.

Paz

This is actually fucking ridiculous (No amazon order confirmation for me, ordered just before the supposed cutoff date listed on the item page).

How do you screw something like this up so badly when you've been making basically the same sticks with minor tweaks for so many years?

So I guess my options are now to buy a TE2 at the same price as a TE2+ or wait a few months for my TE2+ to show up, or pay $500 for a TE2+ that's 2 weeks late for launch from the local supplier.

Resilient

Having been in the industry for 20-some years now, I highly doubt this is on Mad Catz. I'm sure if the company was able to produce an endless number of sticks for launch, they would. There's almost certainly a problem that's out of their control, which is causing these supply issues.

Yeah, i see what you mean. but it's just strange to see the same thing occurring again; you have the benefit of already doing a huge like this launch before, then a good 6 years to refine it and make sure you don't repeat those mistakes. it's not a horrible launch, but it just doesn't ring right to me when you have people who ordered literally the moment pre's went up getting a shipping date of march 26th. and then others who ordered later or at the same time getting it 2 days after launch? Is it an Amazon thing? If it is, why wasn't something done between the two parties to make sure people weren't getting screwed?

like, it's not "FUCK DA MADCATZ" levels of a fuck up, but it's messier than it needs to be.

k4n3

Banned
anyone defending madcatz needs to get a clue, they drop this on us at the last second that the ps3 sticks would work.... oh im sure that wasnt calculated at all but you could pre-order a new ps4 stick 6 months in advance but not have confirmation a week before launch? WHAT?

You should quote the entire post not just a part to validate your comment.

They could have provided information to people beforehand and not this BS a few days before.

Many people would agree with this.

Capcom didn't announce legacy controllers for USF4 for PS4 until a week before release. Why did you go through the trouble of getting rid of your stuff in the first place?

Capcom didn't announce legacy controllers for USF4 for PS4 until a week before release. Why did you go through the trouble of getting rid of your stuff in the first place?

If i recall correctly on the arcade sticks thread they had mentioned that it would support USF4 on PS4 but could not guarantee it would for SFV. Followed by some BS PR response.

In addition to not being patient on my end also, This sucks because i thought the original stick was the best one.

Since this thread is so active I figured I'd ask my question here too:

Anyone have a review/opinion on the SFxT Pro PS3 stick?

I'm about to pull the trigger on one... but I'm not sure if it is a 1:1 quality to what I'm used to with my X360 Tournament Edition 2 stick.

Same stick, buttons being used? Easy to customize?

I imagine this will be on the list of PS3 sticks supported on day 1 with SF5...?

k4n3

Banned
If i recall correctly on the arcade sticks thread they had mentioned that it would support USF4 on PS4 but could not guarantee it would for SFV.

In addition to not being patient on my end also, This sucks because i thought the original stick was the best one.

there was a story on eventhubs that someone at madcatz said the ps3 sticks would NOT work on the ps4, that was the day i traded my TE1 in to amazon and used the credit to order a new one it had nothing to do with not being patient it was confirmed at that point... then a few weeks later it was "maybe" this was just a cheap attempt to panic people into buying new sticks i hope they go down in flames, and i guess im just a sucker

Peltz

Fucking garbage.

After i got rid of my original TE stick for SF4.

Fuck MadCatz and i am glad they are in the situation they find themselves in.

Sure i bought a new one TE USF4 for PS3/PS4 but it's the principal of not disclosing this shit beforehand and making people buy shit again.

Fuck MadCatz
That escalated quickly.gif

there was a story on eventhubs that someone at madcatz said the ps3 sticks would NOT work on the ps4, that was the day i traded my TE1 in to amazon and used the credit to order a new one it had nothing to do with not being patient it was confirmed at that point... then a few weeks later it was "maybe" this was just a cheap attempt to panic people into buying new sticks i hope they go down in flames, and i guess im just a sucker

Exactly where my arcade stick ended.

Amazon was offering quite a bit for it.

Cheap attempt without a doubt.

You should quote the entire post not just a part to validate your comment.

The entire post was unhinged, quoting more of it makes you look worse, not better.

Let's all be honest with each other here: You said you're glad that hundred of people have lost their livelihoods because you bought a $200 toy early and it turned out later that you didn't necessarily need it.

Yes, this makes you sound unhinged.

Do you want to keep doubling-down on this? I'm fairly certain this isn't the rock you want to choose to die on.

k4n3

Banned
The entire post was unhinged, quoting more of it makes you look worse, not better.

Let's all be honest with each other here: You said you're glad that hundred of people have lost their livelihoods because you bought a $200 toy early and it turned out later that you didn't necessarily need it.

Yes, this makes you sound unhinged.

Do you want to keep doubling-down on this? I'm fairly certain this isn't the rock you want to choose to die on.

were you defending the poor people at enron working in the mail-room that lost their jobs too? hes dying on a rock because you called him out? lmao

Top Bottom