• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The entire post was unhinged, quoting more of it makes you look worse, not better.

Let's all be honest with each other here: You said you're glad that hundred of people have lost their livelihoods because you bought a $200 toy early and it turned out later that you didn't necessarily need it.

Yes, this makes you sound unhinged.

Do you want to keep doubling-down on this? I'm fairly certain this isn't the rock you want to choose to die on.

you're not coming off any better in this exchange fyi

Resilient

eh..regardless of what the current situation is, saying you would be glad to see a company go down because your shit got delayed it is pretty fkn childish. it sucks but you don't need this thing to live, and you're talking about real people with real jobs and shit versus you playing SFV with a stick. yeah yeah I know you paid for it and you're entitled i'm sure. but just relax a bit.

madcatz fucker should take the L on this one.

UberTag

Amazon.ca on my ship date for the TE2+...

"item will be shipped by Thursday, March 24, 2016"

Ordered on the 3rd of December moments after they went live.
Amazon.ca CS rep confirmed that they have not received ANY of these in their warehouses yet. None have been sent out.

Let's put things into perspective. None of us took advantage of that offer expecting timely shipment on launch day. We took advantage of it because it was a steal of a price point. Arguably too much of a steal given the dire financial straits Madcatz presently find themselves in.

I mean, why would Amazon be in a hurry to pay more money to Madcatz for these to fill their warehouse than they'll get from selling them to us? It's a net loss equation for them.

I maintain no delusions of getting my pre-ordered TES+ controller until late March at the absolute earliest... if at all.

Since this thread is so active I figured I'd ask my question here too:
Anyone have a review/opinion on the SFxT Pro PS3 stick?
I'm about to pull the trigger on one... but I'm not sure if it is a 1:1 quality to what I'm used to with my X360 Tournament Edition 2 stick.
Same stick, buttons being used? Easy to customize?
I imagine this will be on the list of PS3 sticks supported on day 1 with SF5...?

Wait how much are you paying and why are you buying it? Why not buy an adapter for your current stick?

I have the xbox360 SFxT Pro, it's lasted 4 years. It's fine but the stick is a little worn, rugged around the edges (nothing a $20 replacement stick can't fix). Mod and customization wise it's easy but not convenient like the new TE and TE2 models. Here is a good video of the inside and changing art etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtPrVPXnqrI

HotHamBoy

Anyone who thinks MadCatz had anything to do with Capcom announcing PS3 stick compatibility needs to get a clue, that's not how that shit works.

Anyone considering an Alpha really should also consider waiting for a good deal on the Hori RAP4 Kai. I love mine.

For the record, I'm not mad about the PS3 stick announcement despite having a PS3 TE Pro and recently getting the RAP4. It's great to have the stick for other games like Arcsys fighters and SHMUPS. It's a better stick, too.

Anyone have impressions on the Hori Pro 4 Kai in comparison with a TE2? I've heard mainly it has a good stick and is decent but not quite as good. For a crappy SF player, would the Pro 4 Kai suffice?

I'm thinking of getting one because they are $189.99 Canadian and that is a lot better than the TE2 which is as much as $349.99 Canadian.

Let's put things into perspective. None of us took advantage of that offer expecting timely shipment on launch day. We took advantage of it because it was a steal of a price point. Arguably too much of a steal given the dire financial straits Madcatz presently find themselves in.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this but I legit came across the amazon page on my own and ordered it immediately. I wasn't even a GAF member at the time and didn't hop on it knowing it was a pricing mistake. Amazon had left that price up for a week or more (maybe even 2 weeks?). I thought it was a promotion at first. On the product page they said this product will be available Febuary 16th. So not knowing this was a pricing mistake or previous MadCatz history of product launches I expected my stick to be shipped on or before Feb 16th. I even paid for 1-day shipping hah. We be patient though, the sticks will eventually get here and we'll all be happy campers

Wait how much are you paying and why are you buying it? Why not buy an adapter for your current stick?

I have the xbox360 SFxT Pro, it's lasted 4 years. It's fine but the stick is a little worn, rugged around the edges (nothing a $20 replacement stick can't fix). Mod and customization wise it's easy but not convenient like the new TE and TE2 models. Here is a good video of the inside and changing art etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtPrVPXnqrI

My current TE doesn't work anymore. Stick went out or something, but I gutted it and saved the stick and buttons for later if I need to mod it.

I currently have a PS4 Hori that is a nightmare to mod if I wanted to, and so I'm stuck with it as is. I prefer Octo gate and Sanwa parts not having used the Hori to a TE.

I was going to pay $110 shipped for a barely used SFxT Pro PS3 stick, but bailed out after reading I need a DS4 plugged in to use it. I plan to go to tournaments so it's not for me.

Oh well.

HotHamBoy

Anyone have impressions on the Hori Pro 4 Kai in comparison with a TE2? I've heard mainly it has a good stick and is decent but not quite as good. For a crappy SF player, would the Pro 4 Kai suffice?

I'm thinking of getting one because they are $189.99 Canadian and that is a lot better than the TE2 which is as much as $349.99 Canadian.

The Kai is absolutely a great stick and it has the touchpad. I really like the options button placement, which you can disable. I can't compare it to a TE2 but I like it better than my SFxT TE Pro. It's a very nice, responsive stick with good build quality. I'm certain you would be pleased with it, especially if your skill level is low. But even if you were picky you can always swap parts.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The entire post was unhinged, quoting more of it makes you look worse, not better.

Let's all be honest with each other here: You said you're glad that hundred of people have lost their livelihoods because you bought a $200 toy early and it turned out later that you didn't necessarily need it.

Yes, this makes you sound unhinged.

Do you want to keep doubling-down on this? I'm fairly certain this isn't the rock you want to choose to die on.

Relax breh lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I mean, why would Amazon be in a hurry to pay more money to Madcatz for these to fill their warehouse than they'll get from selling them to us? It's a net loss equation for them.

I maintain no delusions of getting my pre-ordered TES+ controller until late March at the absolute earliest... if at all.
I almost hope they cancel my order so I don't have to make the decision myself. lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

It's a great stick, friend of mine has it. I actually use the Hori Hayabusa stick in my Madcatz Fightstick Pro. Really, really love it. I go back and forth between if I like the Hayabusa or the classic Sanwa JLF better--I think the Sanwa gets the slight edge for slightly more tension, which is better for me with charge characters like Remy. On the other hand, for Hugo, or even Mika, I prefer the Hayabusa.
Sanwa buttons easily edge out Hori Kuro buttons for me though. They are good but Sanwas have that snappy feel that hasn't been matched yet.

Luigi87

Yeah.
Heck I still don't even have a date on my order.

Being said, I won't mind a delay (just as long as they don't cancel). I don't plan on picking up SFV anytime soon, and won't really need a PS4 stick until GGXrd Revelator comes out in June. Until then I'm fine with my Qanba on PS3.

Head over to the arcade stick thread. Plenty of guys there that will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about sticks and parts.

Still don't have an update on shipping from my Dec. 3rd order as well. I am in Southern California so I was assuming we would get first dibs honestly.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't even know if i want to get a madcatz pad anymore if they are going out of business. one thing i hated about the other pads is them being discontinued and then having to pay way too much for a replacement. i should just take my chances with a hori pad even though i'm not a fan of cross dpads.

Yeah, thats kind of messed up, but the guy that admitted that said he was in the UK. Maybe the demand there isn't as high?

Yeah I dunno but he pre-ordered late (2 weeks ago) and he got it early (8 days before launch)? LOL dang, I pre-ordred 10 weeks ago and I don't even have a confirmation shipping date cmon son!

By the way didn't you win a te2 stick at the tourney? :)

Fucking garbage.

After i got rid of my original TE stick for SF4.

Fuck MadCatz and i am glad they are in the situation they find themselves in.

Sure i bought a new one TE USF4 for PS3/PS4 but it's the principal of not disclosing this shit beforehand and making people buy shit again.

Fuck MadCatz

"You see it's the COMPANY'S fault that I'm seduced by marketing campaigns and not willing to wait till even a month before the game is out to drop $200+ on gadgets"

cwistofu

What's going on with the plexiglass for the original TE2 sticks?

I seem to recall MarkMan saying that they were working on better quality plexiglass because the ones the originals shipped with were shitty (and they are, I own one). I'd like to replace it with one that doesn't constantly look scuffed and smeared but I can't seem to find any info on it.

Sure i bought a new one TE USF4 for PS3/PS4 but it's the principal of not disclosing this shit beforehand and making people buy shit again.

Wait did you sell your old stick or just throw it out? Why wouldn't you not do more research or buy an adapter? People on here (including myself) said wait until launch to expect more info about PS3 device support etc... You are on full tilt and it's your fault mang :(

Ok here are the impressions:

Buttons are responsive. The material is high quality. You can tell when you hold it.

The d pad is the most intriguing part. If you are used to the HOri FC4 or the Madcatz Sf pad, you might want to practice the new d pad. Its uneasy to do fireball of the dpad. You need to slide it to the right and since its circular, you can't feel the direction. It may take time to get used too.

The pros on it is its easy to crouch dp on it. I'll try spd motion and charge characters tomorrow.

If you are used to the Saturn or Snes/pad, I'd get the HOri FC4. If you want something new, I'd get the Sf V pad.

Remember, since it's circular pad, it may take time to feel the forward or backward while doing fb. Most of the time I'm doing cr p instead of fb cuz I thought I'm at the forward motion and realized my fingers are at diagonal forward. You will adjust on this pad.

Thanks for these.

Resilient

What's going on with the plexiglass for the original TE2 sticks?

I seem to recall MarkMan saying that they were working on better quality plexiglass because the ones the originals shipped with were shitty (and they are, I own one). I'd like to replace it with one that doesn't constantly look scuffed and smeared but I can't seem to find any info on it.

Apparently from Nov 2015 onwards they were fixed in all models of the TE2. This includes

TE2 (the blue one for PS3/PS4)
TE2 Chun Li
TE2+

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194649746&postcount=1193
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194651033&postcount=1195

Now what I wanna know - is the TE2+ BODY any different to the original TE2 - aside from the touchpad and R3/L3 ?

FinKL

Yeah I dunno but he pre-ordered late (2 weeks ago) and he got it early (8 days before launch)? LOL dang, I pre-ordred 10 weeks ago and I don't even have a confirmation shipping date cmon son!

By the way didn't you win a te2 stick at the tourney? :)

Yes, Chun stick is still in its box, haven't had a need to take it out. I have an original 360 TE that I plan to use for PC.

I also bought the Hori when it was $100 at Frys, but prefer the TES+ MCZ layout and sanwa stick/buttons (less resistance), probably because the TE was what I got used to.

i don't even know if i want to get a madcatz pad anymore if they are going out of business. one thing i hated about the other pads is them being discontinued and then having to pay way too much for a replacement. i should just take my chances with a hori pad even though i'm not a fan of cross dpads.
That's kind of how I feel as well. I have the pad preordered on Amazon but I'm debating cancelling and just buying a hori pad. Especially since there is still no official date as to when the pad will ship.

Fucking garbage.

Fuck MadCatz and i am glad they are in the situation they find themselves in.

Fuck MadCatz

Why mad on MCZ and not Capcom for not telling people it supports ps3 sticks from the get go? Have you considered Capcom didn't give word about ps3 sticks becaue they knew it'd potentially hurt MCZ and they were fully in the know of MadCatz's troubling fiscal situation?

Fuck Mad Catz? Do you realize how many streams they've contributed towards? Do you realize how much they've given to this community? Do you realize how much competition they've brought to the stick environment and showing premium sticks as a viable and non-niche portion of the hobby?

Fuck Mad Catz because you were impatient, gullible, and dumb enough to sell your stick and pre-order 200 dollars worth of gadgets without one confirmation on whether or not the game would support your current (old) stick?

But fuck Mad Catz right?

If Mad Catz dies, and we have twice as few viable hardware options for fighting and arcade games, and there's fewer streams because MCZ isn't sponsoring or helping the stream broadcast, will it still be fuck Mad Catz?

If MCZ went out of business tomorrow, believe me when I say that the scene and community would literally change overnight. Mad Catz went from a joke among game players to one of the largest pillars and suppliers of hardware AND software and if they die, trust me when I say there will be a huge void that goes far beyond "do I go with Hori or Qanba now?"

mdsfx

Why mad on MCZ and not Capcom for not telling people it supports ps3 sticks from the get go? Have you considered Capcom didn't give word about ps3 sticks becaue they knew it'd potentially hurt MCZ and they were fully in the know of MadCatz's troubling fiscal situation?

Fuck Mad Catz? Do you realize how many streams they've contributed towards? Do you realize how much they've given to this community? Do you realize how much competition they've brought to the stick environment and showing premium sticks as a viable and non-niche portion of the hobby?

Fuck Mad Catz because you were impatient, gullible, and dumb enough to sell your stick and pre-order 200 dollars worth of gadgets without one confirmation on whether or not the game would support your current (old) stick?

But fuck Mad Catz right?

Sums it up nicely I think. Being pissed off is fine, but directing it soley at MadCatz and on top of that wishing the company bad luck is a bit much.

Also, you can't tell me that Hori or Razer offers what Madcatz does.

Sums it up nicely I think. Being pissed off is fine, but directing it soley at MadCatz and on top of that wishing the company bad luck is a bit much.

Mad Catz hosted a fantastic tournament just a few weeks ago. We got this entertainment and knowledge on V tech for FREE and you have people saying fuck mad catz because they're going to get their 200 dollar stick they should have waited on in the first place.

If there's one thing that draws my ire it's ungrateful people.

jon bones

Mad Catz hosted a fantastic tournament just a few weeks ago. We got this entertainment and knowledge on V tech for FREE and you have people saying fuck mad catz because they're going to get their 200 dollar stick they should have waited on in the first place.

If there's one thing that draws my ire it's ungrateful people.

uhhh

what

mad catz hosted a tourny because it's good marketing, not some weird gift from up on high

"knowledge on V tech for FREE"

yikes

Resilient

my bros you can't deny that madcatz have done a lot. Like, a lot, for fighting games in general over the last 10 years. If you got owned cause you lacked the foresight to see what was gonna happen it's on you. Not madcatz. Or capcom. We have so much info available to us, it takes a little common sense to figure out how to avoid getting fucked on. If you sold your stick instead of holding on you could have avoided part of it.

And yeah madcatz wanted dat marketing but also it helps to spread awareness for the scene. It's a bit of both really.

But fuck Mad Catz right?

If Mad Catz dies, and we have twice as few viable hardware options for fighting and arcade games, and there's fewer streams because MCZ isn't sponsoring or helping the stream broadcast, will it still be fuck Mad Catz?

If MCZ went out of business tomorrow, believe me when I say that the scene and community would literally change overnight. Mad Catz went from a joke among game players to one of the largest pillars and suppliers of hardware AND software and if they die, trust me when I say there will be a huge void that goes far beyond "do I go with Hori or Qanba now?"

I do not think i mentioned anything about MadCatz in terms of what your rant seems to imply.

I purchased the USF4 TE 2 PS3/PS4 because i enjoy the game very much and look forward to SFV.

I like the arcade stick but would not have purchased another one, but every bit of information i could come across was that it had something to do with the PS4 and some PR talk about how the PS4 usb port was designed differently and the arcade sticks would not work with SFV blah blah blah.

When it was going to work all along.

If that information was not shared by either Capcom or MadCatz It still does not change the fact that it could have been shared earlier and not deliberately withheld till 1 week before launch.

Astarte

I'm not even mad at Madcatz or anything, just mad at myself for not just getting a universal fighting board instead of buying this expensive as fuck stick.

Nice. Kind of disapponted that it doesn't have premuim style packaging like the old TEs and some of their other offerings.
I was thing the same thing. I kept the packaging from my TE just because of how amazing it is. It has a letter saying "thank you" from Ono and everything.

blackflag

Picked up the pad today at Fry's. First thought was that the "d" pad was too small but after playing it i think it's great. Took me no time to get used to it .

I have 2 TE sticks and a modified HRAP EX that I need to send off and get modded for PS4 if I find myself playing a lot but until then and unless I find more time to game, this pad is perfect for me.

Edit: location was Tempe, AZ Fry's. They had several pads and like 3 of the alpha sticks

jon bones

Certainly it can't be BOTH, apparently.

it certainly earns them goodwill in the community, which - as others have said - they've done a lot of since sfiv

but let's not paint them as an altruistic charity - they are a business and we are consumers. they are not "giving knowledge on V tech free" as though it were a resource

they fly pros out and stream a tourny to get us hyped to buy some sticks

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Dunno why Hori's being lumped with Razer. Hori's been at it for years, they were my first stick for Tekken 2. Love 'em to death. It's dope that Madcatz made them step up their game. Hayabusa is a legit as fuck stick.

mdsfx

Dunno why Hori's being lumped with Razer. Hori's been at it for years, they were my first stick for Tekken 2. Love 'em to death. It's dope that Madcatz made them step up their game. Hayabusa is a legit as fuck stick.

Only because they are another stick manufacturer, albeit a limited one.

Top Bottom