• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Lothars

Some people posted that they received emails saying their orders were delayed. They might have been Canadians only, however. It seems like Mad Catz may be prioritizing them last due to how a lot of preorders were locked into a super low price due to an error.

That's just speculation, though.
I ordered mine as soon as it went up and I noticed the price, Mine has never listed and a date and still doesn't. I don't expect to get it before april.

Some people posted that they received emails saying their orders were delayed. They might have been Canadians only, however. It seems like Mad Catz may be prioritizing them last due to how a lot of preorders were locked into a super low price due to an error.

That's just speculation, though.

Amazon would be the ones taking the hit on that, not mad catz. So there's no reason for them to hold back stock.

BadWolf

I ordered mine as soon as it went up and I noticed the price, Mine has never listed and a date and still doesn't. I don't expect to get it before april.

If it states April then I will probably cancel it and get a Hori.

Not going to spend 3 months getting used to playing SFV on a pad.

Here's what I gather so far:

It looks like a lot of people who ordered from Amazon.com are getting some order status updates. People who ordred from Amazon.ca have nothing yet and customer service has no updates for them.

From what I can tell, people who ordered from MadCatz in UK are already getting their sticks before launch (they pre-ordered late and are getting their sticks early).

I pre-ordred from Amazon.ca in December and have no shipping date update and custom service has no updates for me.

I posted an update from my chat session lastnight...
Amazon.ca on my ship date for the TE2+...

"item will be shipped by Thursday, March 24, 2016"

Ordered on the 3rd of December moments after they went live.

Lothars

If it states April then I will probably cancel it and get a Hori.

Not going to spend 3 months getting used to playing SFV on a pad.
It doesn't state anything but it's just the assumption I made on other people's delivery dates. It's possible that I might get it around the stick's release date but I have no clue either way.

Yes I'm almost 100% certain Amazon will be taking the price hit on those, not MadCatz. Since they haven't cancelled anyone's order from Amazon.ca it would make no sense for them to hold the stock to fulfill those pre-orders last.

Also for other people posting it's helpful to others if you specify where you ordered from. (.ca .com .com.au .co.uk etc).

BadWolf

It doesn't state anything but it's just the assumption I made on other people's delivery dates. It's possible that I might get it around the stick's release date but I have no clue either way.

Yeah I meant if my order gets updated and shows the April date.

So far there has been no update, just the need more time for an estimate thing.

Simo

Yeah, still no update on my Amazon.com order. When I tried to chat with Amazon support on Monday...well here's my chat log. lol
Initial Question: Hi, I placed a preorder for the Mad Catz Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick TE2+ for PlayStation4 and was hoping to get an ETA on when the item will ship? I'm just concerned because the product detail page has changed since I ordered the item and even though I ordered before the deadline, I'm worried I won't receive my order until April!

Sonu: Please don't worry, I've checked your item and see that it will be released on February 16, 2016.

Please be rest assured deliver date not been changed and item once the item will released deliver date will send to you.

Me: Ok thats fine but right now I have no delivery date. The item will be released February 16th but am I going to receive the item on the 17th with the paid next day shipping or will it be April?

Me: That's the confusion. The product detail page has a new note about any orders placed after January 26th won't ship until April 2016 and even though I placed my order before that, the rest of the note makes mention that orders are fulfilled based on order date.

Sonu: Please don't worry as soon as the item will released package will deliver to you next day delivery schedule.

Sonu: Please be rest assured item will deliver to as soon as the item will be released.

Sonu: On pre order there is not exact deliver date, when the item will released deliver date will be provided to you.

According to Mad Catz Twitter, Amazon is receiving their inventory this week so imagine emails will start going out soon?

I posted an update from my chat session lastnight...
Amazon.ca "item will be shipped by Thursday, March 24, 2016"
Ordered on the 3rd of December moments after they went live.

Oh shit, I missed your post. What the hell... Pre-ordering immediately and 75 days (almost 11 weeks) in advanced is not good enough?

Any others from amazon.ca can confirm the same shipping date?

Oh shit, I missed your post. What the hell... Pre-ordering immediately and 75 days (almost 11 weeks) in advanced is not good enough?

Any others from amazon.ca can confirm the same shipping date?

I actually picked up 2 TE2+ in case my younger brother wanted one. But now that there's a work around to use PS3 sticks, he's going to pass.

So long as I get them, I don't mind. I got a TE2 to work with in the mean time. And besides, with the delay, and amazon being amazon, I was able to get upgraded shipping, and they applied the 30% promo to Pokken Tournament (and then applied another $5 discount twice for some reason). So along with the insanely cheap price on the sticks to begin with, I got all that. :D

So long as I get them, I don't mind. I got a TE2 to work with in the mean time. And besides, with the delay, and amazon being amazon, I was able to get upgraded shipping, and they applied the 30% promo to Pokken Tournament (and then applied another $5 discount twice for some reason). So along with the insanely cheap price on the sticks to begin with, I got all that. :D

Well it's great that you don't mind and congrats on your other discounts :) But that doesn't help the rest of us relying on getting new sticks for launch haha

Here's an update from someone on /r/streetfighter

"kaliburn00 - For what it's worth, Amazon.ca support told me I'd have my TE2+ on or before the 16th, but it hasn't shipped yet." but one cs rep's guarantee versus your order page being updated with a date are two different things

Well it's great that you don't mind and congrats on your other discounts :) But that doesn't help the rest of us relying on getting new sticks for launch haha

Here's an update from someone on /r/streetfighter

"kaliburn00 - For what it's worth, Amazon.ca support told me I'd have my TE2+ on or before the 16th, but it hasn't shipped yet." but one cs rep's guarantee versus your order page being updated with a date are two different things

Yeah it definitely sucks for those that wanted to use a stick right from the start. I'm not entirely sure the date I was given will be accurate either. They could very well have been just giving a conservative date. Time will tell. I am tempted though to check with CS reps again today and see what gets said.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Thanks for the impressions. Can you post the dimensions of the stick? I wonder how it compares to the old Namco PS1 stick.

It's about 9"x6.5". Here is a photo next to the ds4 and my iPad mini 4 to kind of give you a sense of scale.

QNd64zj.jpg

Cheers for the write-up. It sounds like a decent purchase.

Edit: one follow-up question if I may: how loud are the buttons? With a newborn this has become a bigger consideration than before, and I'll probably not be able to put in quieter buttons myself. Are they by any chance less noisy than normal TE / Hori sticks?

Unfortunately it's been years since I've had the TE. It's probably as noisy if not noisier? You might be able to get an idea by checking out an unblocking video. Another thing to keep in mind is that there is no headphone jack. But I'm not sure if any of these sticks come with them anymore? I remember having one on the TE but I might be mistaken.

I've been wanting to get into fighting games beyond the mashing buttons stage and hoping I can do something that looks remotely impressive.

Is there a universal entry level stick? Should I be looking at a used stick from a previous generation?

The Kai is absolutely a great stick and it has the touchpad. I really like the options button placement, which you can disable. I can't compare it to a TE2 but I like it better than my SFxT TE Pro. It's a very nice, responsive stick with good build quality. I'm certain you would be pleased with it, especially if your skill level is low. But even if you were picky you can always swap parts.

It's a great stick, friend of mine has it. I actually use the Hori Hayabusa stick in my Madcatz Fightstick Pro. Really, really love it. I go back and forth between if I like the Hayabusa or the classic Sanwa JLF better--I think the Sanwa gets the slight edge for slightly more tension, which is better for me with charge characters like Remy. On the other hand, for Hugo, or even Mika, I prefer the Hayabusa.
Sanwa buttons easily edge out Hori Kuro buttons for me though. They are good but Sanwas have that snappy feel that hasn't been matched yet.

Head over to the arcade stick thread. Plenty of guys there that will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about sticks and parts.

Still don't have an update on shipping from my Dec. 3rd order as well. I am in Southern California so I was assuming we would get first dibs honestly.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

I feel pretty excited right now as I just ordered the Hori Pro 4 Kai from Amazon (even wife approved!) and it'll get here by Friday. Cannot wait to start practicing SFV!

I've heard a lot about switching the Kuro buttons for Sanwa, so I guess I'll just have to see.

hort

Neo Member
I've been wanting to get into fighting games beyond the mashing buttons stage and hoping I can do something that looks remotely impressive.

Is there a universal entry level stick? Should I be looking at a used stick from a previous generation?

What are you playing on? PC? PS4?

A used Madcatz tournament edition from last generation would probably run you $80-100ish. The ps3 one should work on the ps4 version of SFV and PC and the x360 one should work on PC. (this amazon link shows x360 at 120ish actually and ps3 as 200+, so that might not be a great option, but you might find it cheaper elsewhere http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002V0WKXM/?tag=neogaf0e-20)

A fightstick alpha looks to be pretty decent at $80, but its kind of small, so if you don't mind the smaller size, that might be good for you.

Those are the ones I can think of, other than that you will probably be spending 150-200+ on a stick, but that stick should last you a while if you spend that much (I'm currently around 4 years and counting with my eightarc fusion with no signs of it failing in the future, though I am getting a TE2+ for ease of use with ps4 and because I can't stop myself from buying sticks).

When does Gamestop get their stock? I hope my preorder doesn't get delayed...

I called them just now to check my preorder as I got charged (pre-auth hold) last night for my order. They claimed it'd ship on time as my order has some status that indicates its part of their initial allotment to ship on release.

Really wish this game came to Xb1 and my old 360 stick was compatible, lol. Hard to justify 200+ bucks just for street fighter but dammit this is the one game that I know I'll play for years to come.

Raitaro

It's about 9"x6.5". Here is a photo next to the ds4 and my iPad mini 4 to kind of give you a sense of scale.

Unfortunately it's been years since I've had the TE. It's probably as noisy if not noisier? You might be able to get an idea by checking out an unblocking video. Another thing to keep in mind is that there is no headphone jack. But I'm not sure if any of these sticks come with them anymore? I remember having one on the TE but I might be mistaken.

Cheers.

What are you playing on? PC? PS4?

A used Madcatz tournament edition from last generation would probably run you $80-100ish. The ps3 one should work on the ps4 version of SFV and PC and the x360 one should work on PC. (this amazon link shows x360 at 120ish actually and ps3 as 200+, so that might not be a great option, but you might find it cheaper elsewhere http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002V0WKXM/?tag=neogaf0e-20)

A fightstick alpha looks to be pretty decent at $80, but its kind of small, so if you don't mind the smaller size, that might be good for you.

Those are the ones I can think of, other than that you will probably be spending 150-200+ on a stick, but that stick should last you a while if you spend that much (I'm currently around 4 years and counting with my eightarc fusion with no signs of it failing in the future, though I am getting a TE2+ for ease of use with ps4 and because I can't stop myself from buying sticks).

PC, sorry!

I wonder if Amazon.ca will honor the pricing and switch orders to the Chun Li stick if the TE2+ will be delayed by 1-2 months. Might be another option hehe

I wonder if Amazon.ca will honor the pricing and switch orders to the Chun Li stick if the TE2+ will be delayed by 1-2 months. Might be another option hehe

I actually like the look of the Chun Li stick better BUT...the Ryu is the better stick with the touch pad and L3 R3 buttons.

HotHamBoy

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

I feel pretty excited right now as I just ordered the Hori Pro 4 Kai from Amazon (even wife approved!) and it'll get here by Friday. Cannot wait to start practicing SFV!

I've heard a lot about switching the Kuro buttons for Sanwa, so I guess I'll just have to see.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the buttons base on this, but I'm absolutely content with the Kuros. They're great buttons, it's just personal preference. Unless you have a ton of playtime on Sanwas you probably wouldn't even notice a difference. They are very responsive.

Lothars

I wouldn't want to switch especially since the ryu version has the touch pad features.

I can't decide between the Alpha and the Fightpad Pro. This will be my first fighting game in over a decade so I have no preferred input. I thought using the Dualshock 4 was a nightmare(and extremely uncomfortable) in the beta though hence my need for dedicated fighting controller.

I'm also looking at the Hori Fighting Stick Mini 4, but that is probably my 3rd choice. Some advice for a beginner would be greatly appreciated...

Check craigslist and local buy/sell stores like pawn shops. I got a te-s and a marvel vs capcom TE for 60 each. One on craigslist and another at a local store. Bought a Brook adapter since both were 360 in case I want to play on ps4.

I found a guy on Craig's List selling an Xbox 360 version of SFXT pro edition fight stick for $50.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/vgm/5376715614.html

Looking on Ebay and Amazon, seems like a good deal. I just can't find any information available about it being compatible with the PC.

Any ideas?

I can't decide between the Alpha and the Fightpad Pro. This will be my first fighting game in over a decade so I have no preferred input. I thought using the Dualshock 4 was a nightmare(and extremely uncomfortable) in the beta though hence my need for dedicated fighting controller.

I'm also looking at the Hori Fighting Stick Mini 4, but that is probably my 3rd choice. Some advice for a beginner would be greatly appreciated...

Head over to: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483428&highlight=arcade+stick

Everyone in there is more than helpful and have many years of experience between them regarding sticks and pads.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hey all, I know there are some questions about shipping/etc. So hopefully I can help give an understanding of where things are.

If you ordered from Mad Catz (NA; US/CAN) your order should be either being prepared/or shipped already. FightPad PROs and FightStick ALPHA units were being shipped as early as Friday of last week. For the TE2+ and TE-S+ they're being processed and shipped now.

For Amazon/GameStop/New Egg, they were sent their orders in advance and they will be fulfilling their orders/preorders. I don't have visibility to how that goes, so you'll have to check with them.

I found a guy on Craig's List selling an Xbox 360 version of SFXT pro edition fight stick for $50.
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/vgm/5376715614.html
Looking on Ebay and Amazon, seems like a good deal. I just can't find any information available about it being compatible with the PC.
Any ideas?

If the sticks are in good condition that is a great deal. If you find the stick or buttons are a little worn you can always replace them for cheap. I use the xbox360 sfxt pro on my pc, working great for the last 3-4 years. Since it's xbox360 pcb is works for SFV on PC without any hitches.

If you meet up with the seller I would suggest seeing if you can test the sticks before buying, if they work and seem in good condition then I'd highly recommend buying.

Hey all, I know there are some questions about shipping/etc. So hopefully I can help give an understanding of where things are.

If you ordered from Mad Catz (NA; US/CAN) your order should be either being prepared/or shipped already. FightPad PROs and FightStick ALPHA units were being shipped as early as Friday of last week. For the TE2+ and TE-S+ they're being processed and shipped now.

For Amazon/GameStop/New Egg, they were sent their orders in advance and they will be fulfilling their orders/preorders. I don't have visibility to how that goes, so you'll have to check with them.

Thanks for update MM. Should hopefully put a lot a fears to rest and help some of these people in here rest easy for the next couple of days. I appreciate you always popping into these threads to answer questions and update when you can.

Pompadour

Thanks. I'm assuming they're allowed to ship whenever they want and aren't beholden to the Feb. 16th release date?

Linkhero1

Thanks for the update.

Do you have any additional info to share on wave 2 shipments?

Simo

So would Amazon.com have their stock now and should begin fulfilling their orders? Or is their stock still on the way/transit?

Sorry for being specific and I know it's not on you guys but Amazon aren't really being helpful for us when contacting their support so any additional information from the vendor helps us!

I guess I'm hoping that if they have their stock now or will have it then it should hopefully be shipping and arriving before the end of the week and/or before Tuesday, that is if they know it's not street dated.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So would Amazon.com have their stock now and should begin fulfilling their orders? Or is their stock still on the way/transit?

Sorry for being specific and I know it's not on you guys but Amazon aren't really being helpful for us when contacting their support so any additional information from the vendor helps us!

I guess I'm hoping that if they have their stock now or will have it then it should hopefully be shipping and arriving before the end of the week and/or before Tuesday, that is if they know it's not street dated.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll hard to get some concrete information out of them but rest assured we sent them stock to cover their preorder allocation that they requested from us.

I'm sure it's just a matter of getting the product from their distribution hub to their local DCs and to customers. That's how it usually goes.

Neoxon

MarkMan, can you switch the analog stick on the FightPad from left stick to right stick? Also, can you turn off the menu buttons on the TES+ like you could on the TE2?

vg260

MarkMan, can you switch the analog stick on the FightPad from left stick to right stick? Also, can you turn off the menu buttons on the TES+ like you could on the TE2?

I'm pretty sure you can for both questions. He posted the product guides back in the thread and it lists the functions.

Josh5890

The CEO, chairperson, and vice president of Madcatz have all resigned on the eve of bankruptcy.

I'm not surprised. They thrived back in the PS2/Xbox/GCN generation when peripherals were much more popular and cheaper. 3rd party controllers were more acceptable and they were able to make other accessories like memory cards, cables, and of course music instrument controllers.

Opportunities have tightened up since then. They probably need to restructure significantly to survive.

Top Bottom