• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Dremark

Banned
All one has to do is look him up on YT.

3: it's LTG, dude... Why the hell would you want to give him a single view?

Seriously though not everyone knows or cares who he is. They want to get a good pad and I think that's the only review out so far.

K do not know if this has been known but I ordered on the 28th of January and my Amazon help rep told me that there is no delay and my stick will be shipped out on the 16th of this month.

Now I just have to decide between the tes+ or te2+. Nervous that the te2+ will not be built as nice since it looks too easy to open up. Someone told me they get condensation on the front panel a lot with it.

ElTopo

Banned
3: it's LTG, dude... Why the hell would you want to give him a single view?

Seriously though not everyone knows or cares who he is. They want to get a good pad and I think that's the only review out so far.

I just find it funny that Gaf has so many SJW's but posting a LTG video (where he can get money from random clicks) that's okay. And in addition to that, it's a pretty bad review.

Dremark

Banned
K do not know if this has been known but I ordered on the 28th of January and my Amazon help rep told me that there is no delay and my stick will be shipped out on the 16th of this month.

Now I just have to decide between the tes+ or te2+. Nervous that the te2+ will not be built as nice since it looks too easy to open up. Someone told me they get condensation on the front panel a lot with it.

The condensation issue is supposed to be fixed with all of the stick from Chun Li on per MarkMan23 iirc.

Dremark

Banned
I just find it funny that Gaf has so many SJW's but posting a LTG video (where he can get money from random clicks) that's okay. And in addition to that, it's a pretty bad review.

This topic has come up before and several people were unhappy about it being posted/him getting a review pad/him existing/the review being bad etc.

You're not the only one to take issue with it, and even though it might seem that way I don't have an issue with you expressing your distaste for the guy.

There just aren't a lot of hands on impressions out there, not many high level players use Madcatz pads.

Dremark

Banned
So there isn't any other issues with quality on the te2+, just felt like it being bigger and more hollow would make it less durable.

I was under the impression it's the same size and has the same guts as the TES+ it's just easier to open.

I don't have either though, if someone else does (or MarkMan) please correct me.

paolo11

1. There isn't much else as far as hands on impressions go.

2/3. Not everyone is really familiar with the guy. I barely know who the guy is aside from hearing about his admittedly ridiculous feud with Viscant and these recent threads.

Oh and for what it's worth I looked to see if Snake Eyez said anything about it and while he didn't say much I passed the info on.

He seemed to like it but didn't go into much detail. I play on a stick myself but I think it looks pretty nice.

Snakeyes likes it because the dpad is so easy to spd but for fb or dp or tatsu, it's a different story.

yop

Question

Is this the same exact size as the original SF4 TE? The red and white one.

Or is it smaller?

It's almost exactly the same size with the exception of side panels. The S+ feels slightly less weighty but still weighty enough to sit on your lap without moving around.

bpr4WlKl.jpg

zLH7kcTl.jpg

Rival

Gold Member
So I have not played many fighting games over the last few years and have never really played on home consoles using one of these types of arcade sticks with the exception of old school neo geo games on the neo geo x.

Is this something that I need to fully enjoy street fighter v? I am quite certain that I will suck and don't plan on playing much competitively other than occasionally with friends or online. I have a feeling the dual shock is complete shit for these types of games. I'm very intrigued and have been wanting to play a bunch of fighting games lately. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dremark

Banned
So I have not played many fighting games over the last few years and have never really played on home consoles using one of these types of arcade sticks with the exception of old school neo geo games on the neo geo x.

Is this something that I need to fully enjoy street fighter v? I am quite certain that I will suck and don't plan on playing much competitively other than occasionally with friends or online. I have a feeling the dual shock is complete shit for these types of games. I'm very intrigued and have been wanting to play a bunch of fighting games lately. Any advice would be appreciated.

I would highly recommend not using the DS4, I did not have a stick ready when Xrd came out and found it very uncomfortable to use.

If you want to stick with a pad I believe the Hori Commander goes for around $40. For a PS4 stick the best value is the Hori HRAP4 which goes for $150.

They have announced that PS3 sticks can be used do you might be able to get a PS3 stick or pad even cheaper but you'll miss having touchpad functionality on the controller itself.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I'll try to help.

It's almost exactly the same size with the exception of side panels. The S+ feels slightly less weighty but still weighty enough to sit on your lap without moving around.

bpr4WlKl.jpg

zLH7kcTl.jpg

I just realized how much all those buttons on the new one will bother me compared to older one.

I think i will keep my TE 2 USF4 stick.

BS

Rival

Gold Member
I would highly recommend not using the DS4, I did not have a stick ready when Xrd came out and found it very uncomfortable to use.

If you want to stick with a pad I believe the Hori Commander goes for around $40. For a PS4 stick the best value is the Hori HRAP4 which goes for $150.

They have announced that PS3 sticks can be used do you might be able to get a PS3 stick or pad even cheaper but you'll miss having touchpad functionality on the controller itself.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I'll try to help.

Thank you for the info. Will the hrap4 you mentioned also work with PS3 if I wanted to download older games off of pan? Will it also work with PC?

Thinking of holding off on the Alpha and jumping into the TE2+ in a few months. Would the new Ryu TE2+ stick be compatible with this artwork?

It looks to be as te2 stick so yes I'm almost 100% certain te2 and te2+ art is compatible. lookup the art templates from madcatz site or search post history by markman to see the art templates, i bet you they are the same

I'm super depressed because I want to get SF5, but I feel like it's kinda pointless when I don't have a fight stick anymore. I am hating selling the fightstick I had for SF4, but at the time, they were common as hell...then stick prices just seemed to sky rocket. Now they're charging $80 for this mad catz stick which I am so not impressed with compared to the $60 SF4 stick I had by them.

mdsfx

It looks to be as te2 stick so yes I'm almost 100% certain te2 and te2+ art is compatible. lookup the art templates from madcatz site or search post history by markman to see the art templates, i bet you they are the same

I would gamble on this too. I can't imagine why they would've shifted anything around.

Luigi87

TE2 and TE2+ do link to the same artwork template. The main surface area the artwork, joystick and arcade buttons is changed between the two models, only the upper section of the case.

I'm super depressed because I want to get SF5, but I feel like it's kinda pointless when I don't have a fight stick anymore. I am hating selling the fightstick I had for SF4, but at the time, they were common as hell...then stick prices just seemed to sky rocket. Now they're charging $80 for this mad catz stick which I am so not impressed with compared to the $60 SF4 stick I had by them.

I feel your pain, if you love the game then just play on a pad for now man. im not a pad player but my friend works evening/night shift, my stick being loud wakes people in the house so I had to switch to pad just to play some late night 3rd strike games with him. you can adapt for the time being and switch back. i did it!

keep hunting craigstlist/ebay/shoryuken forums etc for used sticks and keep saving any extra cash. you can def find a good used stick for $75-100

RedAssedApe

Banned

are you on pc or ps4? i know there are some used older TEs on amazon for around that price range that might work for you depending on platform

BunkerStar

Neo Member
For all you who ordered straight from the Mad Catz EU store:

I just got an email saying "Your order no. XXXX has been fulfilled".

I don't if that means it's been shipped or that they have the sticks at their warehouse ready to be sent out (Maybe they send out emails in the order of "We have received your order" > "We have fulfilled your request for this product" > "We have sent your product"?).

No payment has been made on my credit card though.

Korezo

Anyone know who sells good plexiglass for the TE2? The Xrd sticks came with a terrible plexiglass, its all scratched up and damaged the original art. I would of returned the entire thing if the Xrd stick wasn't sold out at that time.

ScOULaris

Anyone know who sells good plexiglass for the TE2? The Xrd sticks came with a terrible plexiglass, its all scratched up and damaged the original art. I would of returned the entire thing if the Xrd stick wasn't sold out at that time.

Go through Madcatz Customer Support and request a replacement plexi. I was in the exact same boat as you with my Xrd stick, and they eventually sent me a replacement with the newer, thicker plexi. Granted, they had my request on hold for a long while and I had to pester MarkMan to light a fire under their asses, but they eventually sent it my way. It's much better.

Alternatively, Art's Hobbies makes their own thicker plexi for the TE2, but keep in mind that it's "traditional" size, meaning to remove it you need to first take out the buttons and then snap them back in over top the plexi.

What is paradisearcadeshop response time typically for processing orders? They must be super busy! My order hasn't shipped yet (today is the 4th weekday since I ordered)

Korezo

Go through Madcatz Customer Support and request a replacement plexi. I was in the exact same boat as you with my Xrd stick, and they eventually sent me a replacement with the newer, thicker plexi. Granted, they had my request on hold for a long while and I had to pester MarkMan to light a fire under their asses, but they eventually sent it my way. It's much better.

Alternatively, Art's Hobbies makes their own thicker plexi for the TE2, but keep in mind that it's "traditional" size, meaning to remove it you need to first take out the buttons and then snap them back in over top the plexi.

Thanks I'll try support, but I doubt they will do anything if it was a struggle for you. Does the Xrd stick have a year since release?

ScOULaris

Thanks I'll try support, but I doubt they will do anything if it was a struggle for you. Does the Xrd stick have a year since release?

They approved my request right away. Just for some reason it never shipped out to me until I pestered MarkMan and had him reach out to them. Once he "pinged them (MarkMan's preferred wording), they apologized and had it sent out to me within a matter of days.

Like you said, the Xrd sticks arrived with damaged plexis/art right out of the box, so requesting a replacement plexi is perfectly within our rights.

Raitaro

Anyone noticed a good video review / impression of the Alpha in the mean time?

I did see the unboxing from a few pages ago and read some of the impressions here, but a thorough review would help me make up my mind whether to buy one still.

FFS, just found out my TE2+ pre-order delivery date changed to 31 December 2016...
Like wtf man, pre-ordered it a long time ago and now I still ain't gonna get one. I guess I'll just cancel it and stick to my old PS3 TE then.

What date did you order and from where?

I ordered it in December when they started to accept pre-orders for the Mad Catz products. I'm from The Netherlands and pre-ordered it from this site:
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/madcatz-street-fighter-v-arcade-te-2-fightstick-ps4-ps3/9200000054510135/

Most gameshops I know sell the stick for around 300 Euro's (without shipping costs lol) which made me choose to order it from the webshop I just linked (they're actually a pretty well known webshop in The Netherlands)

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
MadCatz have a few units of the Alpha and the TE S+ on Amazon UK (fulfilled by Amazon).

Shopto have stock of the TE S+ and TE2. The Alpha is showing one remaining.

All correct at the time of writing, I hope this helps some UK Gaffers.

Korezo

They approved my request right away. Just for some reason it never shipped out to me until I pestered MarkMan and had him reach out to them. Once he "pinged them (MarkMan's preferred wording), they apologized and had it sent out to me within a matter of days.

Like you said, the Xrd sticks arrived with damaged plexis/art right out of the box, so requesting a replacement plexi is perfectly within our rights.

I requested a ticket by email, I hope I get a response soon by someone and not ignored. Did you do it by phone or live chat? I'm thinking email is probably the worst way.

Raitaro

MadCatz have a few units of the Alpha and the TE S+ on Amazon UK (fulfilled by Amazon).

Shopto have stock of the TE S+ and TE2. The Alpha is showing one remaining.

All correct at the time of writing, I hope this helps some UK Gaffers.

Cheers, I decided to jump the gun and snap up that Alpha. If it disappoints over time due to its parts being of lower quality, I can always look into finding someone to mod one for me for money I guess (and get silent buttons while I'm at it).

Edit: the Amazon.co.uk page (link is in quote above) currently shows 2 new Alpha sticks left by the way, for those wishing to buy one still. Mine is getting delivered on Monday, so not a long wait at all if you order now.

Dueck

Banned
I may cave on the TES+, but my heart belongs to the Chun-Li one... But it's $330cdn. That's a lot of games... What sucks is my 360 fightstick is amazing, but I'm paranoid of those adapters breaking something. I have an acceptable Hori one for PS3, so I can make due until I figure it all out.

I have been trying sooo hard to adopt a "buy less, play more" strategy, and blowing half my present gaming savings on a fightstick is kind of doing that... If I could get the Chun-Li one for $200-50cdn, I'd impulse buy it right now. It's more on eBay than to just buy it from Amazon. If it's gone before I bite, I will just pray the TES+ lasts until then (or we get a new one I like).

Top Bottom