• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not surprised. They thrived back in the PS2/Xbox/GCN generation when peripherals were much more popular and cheaper. 3rd party controllers were more acceptable and they were able to make other accessories like memory cards, cables, and of course music instrument controllers.

Opportunities have tightened up since then. They probably need to restructure significantly to survive.

Yeah, they need to just downsize and focus on premium peripherals like these fight sticks, maybe some racing wheels on part with Thrustmaster and Logitech's best, gaming keyboards and mice etc.

No one wants third party regular controllers anymore, but you have to go third party for the speciality peripherals and there is a decent niche market for those gadgets. But being a niche market they can't be the huge corporation they were in the past.

Forgive me for being late to the party, but regarding the Fight Pad Pro controller:

Are there any videos with impressions on how the D-Pad is?

Are they going to be compatible with the Steam version of the game on Windows 7?

I can't see myself transitioning out of controller to play fighting games, but if I can get a handle on one with 6 face buttons, I may be able to give Capcom fighters a serious shot.

BunkerStar

Neo Member
Hey all, I know there are some questions about shipping/etc. So hopefully I can help give an understanding of where things are.

If you ordered from Mad Catz (NA; US/CAN) your order should be either being prepared/or shipped already. FightPad PROs and FightStick ALPHA units were being shipped as early as Friday of last week. For the TE2+ and TE-S+ they're being processed and shipped now.

For Amazon/GameStop/New Egg, they were sent their orders in advance and they will be fulfilling their orders/preorders. I don't have visibility to how that goes, so you'll have to check with them.

So, what about orders from the EU store? The authorization hold for my order just got removed from my credit card so I don't know what's going on. Probably no way for the stick to arrive by next Tuesday.

paolo11

Forgive me for being late to the party, but regarding the Fight Pad Pro controller:

Are there any videos with impressions on how the D-Pad is?

Are they going to be compatible with the Steam version of the game on Windows 7?

I can't see myself transitioning out of controller to play fighting games, but if I can get a handle on one with 6 face buttons, I may be able to give Capcom fighters a serious shot.

I will give my honest opinions on the dpad.

It's not as easy to use as the cross dpad from previous madcatz sf controllers. The forward motion from fb needs to be a bit up from forward for the fb to come out otherwise you will do crouch punch. Same thing as tatsu or dp or sonic boom.

But doing flash kick or zangief spinning spd is so easy.

It will take adjustments I tell you.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the buttons base on this, but I'm absolutely content with the Kuros. They're great buttons, it's just personal preference. Unless you have a ton of playtime on Sanwas you probably wouldn't even notice a difference. They are very responsive.

oooh that is good to hear!

I almost ordered some Sanwa buttons right away but I'm glad I held off.

Having not used any fight stick before other than at an arcade, I don't think that I have much to compare to lol

Simo

Well a relief...I called Amazon.com customer support to try and get an update on my TE2+ order and they were able to confirm that my particular order would ship on Monday, February 15th, and since I chose 1 day shipping it'll arrive on the 16th. For the record I placed my order on Amazon.com on January 25th and at the time didn't know about the first shipment window.

The rep even sent me a email confirmation after the chat.
Hello,

We're preparing your order for shipment now, and still expect to ship it in time for delivery by the date listed in Your Account: GUARANTEED DELIVERY DATE.

We'll send you an e-mail when your order ships

Sooo..it looks like if you got your order before the Jan 26th deadline on Amazon.com then you should be ok?

Koeta

I just contacted Amazon and they said it will ship the 16th, and he went ahead and upgraded my shipping to 1 day, so I'll get it the 17th (^_^)b

Ordered on the 24th, so it's looking good for US Amazon orders.

I've just noticed that the fightstick alpha doesn't have a headset jack. Any workaround to this? I tried using a DS4 to put the mic in while the fightstick is being used but I can't have more than one on at a time.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I've just noticed that the fightstick alpha doesn't have a headset jack. Any workaround to this? I tried using a DS4 to put the mic in while the fightstick is being used but I can't have more than one on at a time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of their current line of sticks has a headphone jack. I think the only ones that had them were the 360 sticks.

hort

Neo Member
Contacted amazon chat about my TE2+. They first said the estimated delivery date would be between March 7th and March 25th (why that big of a gap I dont know, I have prime 2 day shipping).

I asked why it was delayed and that when I ordered there was no notice that it would be delayed that far so I thought it would arrive on the 16th. The CS rep then said it would be released on Feb 12th and delivered on the 16th. He then said he would set a reminder and try to expedite my shipping when it is released and would do same day delivery if possible.

So heres hoping all of that works out well. Thumbs up to Amazon customer service if it does.

yop

So, what about orders from the EU store? The authorization hold for my order just got removed from my credit card so I don't know what's going on. Probably no way for the stick to arrive by next Tuesday.

I'd love to know what's happening with the EU store too. It says I've been billed but nothing shows on statements and no delivery information.

C-Sword

I will give my honest opinions on the dpad.

It's not as easy to use as the cross dpad from previous madcatz sf controllers. The forward motion from fb needs to be a bit up from forward for the fb to come out otherwise you will do crouch punch. Same thing as tatsu or dp or sonic boom.

But doing flash kick or zangief spinning spd is so easy.

It will take adjustments I tell you.

Shame, 2nd negative impressions I've read, sounds like you're describing the NeoGeo pad. A cross-shaped dpad would've sufficed, those companies always try to innovate and fail.

vg260

Shame, 2nd negative impressions I've read, sounds like you're describing the NeoGeo pad. A cross-shaped dpad would've sufficed, those companies always try to innovate and fail.

I hope some more reviews pop up before Amazon ships theirs. I'm trying to decide if I'm keeping my preorder. It's looks great except for that d-pad. I'm still skeptical.

I hope some more reviews pop up before Amazon ships theirs. I'm trying to decide if I'm keeping my preorder. It's looks great except for that d-pad. I'm still skeptical.
Same, I'm debating whether to just cancel my preorder and buy a hori fight pad. I agree that outside of the d-pad, everything about it looks good.

vg260

Same, I'm debating whether to just cancel my preorder and buy a hori fight pad. I agree that outside of the d-pad, everything about it looks good.

I had the PS4 Hori pad, but felt the d-pad was a little too stiff/uncomfortable for long SFIV sessions, so I sold mine. Mostly because I use sticks primarily now. So maybe I'll just pass on the pad for now. They don't seem to be pre-sold out anyway.

Still no update status so I changed my Amazon order for the TE2+ from 2 days to 1 day shipping. I really want to get a feel for the stick before SFV and hopefully I get shipping confirmation before Friday so I can test it out in USFIV.

paolo11

It's a shame to be honest. The buttons are responsive and the casing of the pad is high quality but the dpad is hard to adjust.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I cancelled my TE2+ preorder from Amazon so hopefully it'll bump one of you guys up the list. I won a nice condition PS3 stick off ebay and saved well over $100, pretty sweet

I just got a shipment confirmation for my TE2+ from madcatz.com, so it looks like those orders are being sent out. According to FedEx it should arrive by the 16th even though I went with the free shipping, so that's pretty cool.

Lemonheap

Banned
Don't know if this was already posted, but:

Low Tier God's Review of the FightPad Pro

Already watched this before. He doesn't say much about it really, all he says is that it's different and compares it to other controllers I've never used in my life (new to fighting games)

No idea whether to buy this pad or just a new DS4. Time's ticking away, hope there's some decent reviews online before it comes out, by LinusTechTips or something.

Singho

Well, here in the UK all online and High Street retailers were "sold out". Some GAME staff were more gleeful then expected when telling me that on Monday. Oh well.

Got home and one of my mates had resigned himself to the fact he wont be playing SFV till March as he cant stand playing SF on pad, so he just preordered and waited to be included in the March allocation. (Mad Catz EU store)

https://youtu.be/_DgOub-ZNsM

But what's this? Shipping confirmation arrived and he recieved it on Tuesday! I ordered on Monday night and recieved it yesterday!

yPV2uMb.jpg

Well chuffed! But I didn't know people who preordered before this week still havnt got theirs. :S Seems like the DPD warehouse had someone on a 15hr shift and just pushed the button.

I'm not complaining.

Great build quality. Glad I got one, really looks and feels like a premium product.

Now I just need a PS4...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a reason why people aren't going for the Chun Li stick that is stocked?

Because it lacks the touchpad and l3/r3 buttons, yet costs the same. Or they don't like the colors or art or Chun Li.

I opted for it since I preorder a + model and didn't want to wait until April or beyond to get a stick. I love it, don't care about the missing pad or buttons since they're just used for menu shortcuts in training etc. and prefer the colors and art to the + models.

I've had a blast learning it the past week with MKX and USFIV and can't wait until Tuesday!

Chucker

Preordered from a GS that has great people running it. I talked to him while putting money down(early last week) and asked about the late shipment. He said the same things MarkMan said, so that's reassuring.
He told me that GS already has stock allocated and that when they receive them they'd release them regardless of date, so that's fun.

He also told me that only 2 people preordered a stick, and that's all they were getting.

Was irritated by the lack of 3.5 Jack that they had last year but turns out I was able to plug my G930s into the PS4 and they work perfectly.

Dremark

Banned
Preordered from a GS that has great people running it. I talked to him while putting money down(early last week) and asked about the late shipment. He said the same things MarkMan said, so that's reassuring.
He told me that GS already has stock allocated and that when they receive them they'd release them regardless of date, so that's fun.

He also told me that only 2 people preordered a stick, and that's all they were getting.

Was irritated by the lack of 3.5 Jack that they had last year but turns out I was able to plug my G930s into the PS4 and they work perfectly.

Yeah I preordered at the closest store that was doing a midnight launch. They told me they'd definitely get preorder in buy they wouldn't just have them in stock as normal items.

yop

Sooo, despite the issues with the EU Mad Catz store and the fact I only ordered a couple of days ago this showed up today. I have an original TE1 and an early TE2 too and the S+ definitely feels on par with the original TE1 in terms of quality and doesn't feel like there has been corners cut.

H6EHgsGl.jpg

If anyone wants any size comparisons to other sticks or pictures let me know.

vg260

Sooo, despite the issues with the EU Mad Catz store and the fact I only ordered a couple of days ago this showed up today. I have an original TE1 and an early TE2 too and the S+ definitely feels on par with the original TE1 in terms of quality and doesn't feel like there has been corners cut.

H6EHgsGl.jpg

Slick. Can't wait to get mine. Should be coming from Mad Catz by Tuesday. Where'd you get yours from?

Razzorn34

Is there a reason why people aren't going for the Chun Li stick that is stocked?

Sorry, but that thing is butt ugly. If I bought one, I'd have to have replacement art/buttons/balltop ready to go. Just more cash on top of the crazy initial cost. I'll pass.

yop

Slick. Can't wait to get mine. Should be coming from Mad Catz by Tuesday. Where'd you get yours from?

It was from Mad Catz direct (EU), I must have just got in in time as they don't seem to be selling anything at the moment. I'm guessing maybe the recent issues with the company have affected them directly.

Dremark

Banned
Sorry, but that thing is butt ugly. If I bought one, I'd have to have replacement art/buttons/balltop ready to go. Just more cash on top of the crazy initial cost. I'll pass.

I almost bought it because it's blue. I like full Seimitsu and custom art so the thing would be getting gutted anyway though.

Luckily they announced the TE2+ before that hit normal sales channels so I went with that instead for the extra buttons.

Koeta

For me I wanted the extra features of the TE2+, but also I don't care for the color choices they made on the base itself, it being clear was one of the things that I did like though.

And as others have said, the price is the same so why not go for the one with more features, I'm a stick noob so I need to spend a lot of time in training and the shortcuts with the new buttons might make that easier.

ElTopo

Banned
There aren't a lot of impressions on it available, I'm sure they did it to help people make informed decisions rather than to promote the guy.

But 1: he doesn't give much of an impression other than saying "It's good." 2: he's terrible at fighting games, so why would you trust the review from a guy who constantly ragequits and sucks? 3: it's LTG, dude... Why the hell would you want to give him a single view?

Dremark

Banned
But 1: he doesn't give much of an impression other than saying "It's good." 2: he's terrible at fighting games, so why would you trust the review from a guy who constantly ragequits and sucks? 3: it's LTG, dude... Why the hell would you want to give him a single view?

1. There isn't much else as far as hands on impressions go.

2/3. Not everyone is really familiar with the guy. I barely know who the guy is aside from hearing about his admittedly ridiculous feud with Viscant and these recent threads.

Oh and for what it's worth I looked to see if Snake Eyez said anything about it and while he didn't say much I passed the info on.

He seemed to like it but didn't go into much detail. I play on a stick myself but I think it looks pretty nice.

_jnup

Pretty sure the only reason he gave it a 10 because he got it for free and hoping for more stuff in the future.

ElTopo

Banned
1. There isn't much else as far as hands on impressions go.

2/3. Not everyone is really familiar with the guy. I barely know who the guy is aside from hearing about his admittedly ridiculous feud with Viscant and these recent threads.

Oh and for what it's worth I looked to see if Snake Eyez said anything about it and while he didn't say much I passed the info on.

He seemed to like it but didn't go into much detail. I play on a stick myself but I think it looks pretty nice.

All one has to do is look him up on YT.

Pretty sure the only reason he gave it a 10 because he got it for free and hoping for more stuff in the future.

That still blows my mind.

H6EHgsGl.jpg

Question

Is this the same exact size as the original SF4 TE? The red and white one.

Or is it smaller?

Top Bottom