• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Linkhero1

Are you in the US? I thought new orders weren't supposed to ship until March. Hm...

Yeah, I'm in the US. I thought so too...

Edit: I think someone received a similar email earlier on in the thread. The tracking number isn't found on FexEx's site but it could be because it's still being processed.

Defunkled

Is there anywhere I can still get a TES+ by the 16th? I procrastinated on pulling the trigger and now I'm paying the price. US GAF.

Fitts

I have a hard time taking anything away from that review, really.

I took away what I've taken away from other impressions so far: the d-pad is going to be divisive.

I've cancelled my order... for now. I already have a FC4 that I consider decent so that'll work in a pinch, but I'm starting to think that I'll just end up with a stick again.

paolo11

Is it because it is round or the way it's built mechanically?

The way it's built mechanically. Being round is no problem. What the adjustments are when you do a down forward move or back forward and if you are used to the cross pad like Hori FC4 or MadCatz SF pad, most likely it will do a crouch punch at first since it does not register the forward unless your thumb is a bit above the forward. Its like you may think your hitting forward and you can see your thumb doing down forward but it does crouch punch instead.

Simo

Is there anywhere I can still get a TES+ by the 16th? I procrastinated on pulling the trigger and now I'm paying the price. US GAF.

Um I don't think so. Newegg, Amazon and Mad Catz state they're sold out of the release day shipment but you can get your order in for the second one due March-April.

....that said apparently a gaffer a few posts up said they ordered the TES+ a day ago on Mad Catz' site and they got a shipping notification already but that won't really guarantee anything. lol

vg260

The way it's built mechanically. Being round is no problem. What the adjustments are when you do a down forward move or back forward and if you are used to the cross pad like Hori FC4 or MadCatz SF pad, most likely it will do a crouch punch at first since it does not register the forward unless your thumb is a bit above the forward. Its like you may think your hitting forward and you can see your thumb doing down forward but it does crouch punch instead.

Ugh, I really need to try one first, but have no idea if I'll ever be able to find a place to do so.

vg260

Do you have Frys Electronics near you? They have it.You can return it if you don't like it.

Kinda, but not near enough to be feasible. Not really a fan of returns unless there's something wrong with it. It's more of an impulse buy. I don't really need it as I'm getting a stick and have old ones. I'm just a controller junkie.

Yeah, I canceled for now. I'll wait to hear more reviews and if it gets the X-input firmware update.

paolo11

Kinda, but not near enough to be feasible. Not really a fan of returns unless there's something wrong with it. It's more of an impulse buy. I don't really need it as I'm getting a stick and have old ones. I'm just a controller junkie.

Yeah, I canceled for now. I'll wait to hear more reviews and if it gets the X-input firmware update.

I hear you. It's a hassle to return the item.

Yeah, I'm in the US. I thought so too...

Edit: I think someone received a similar email earlier on in the thread. The tracking number isn't found on FexEx's site but it could be because it's still being processed.
Yeah, I posted earlier in the thread that I got a shipment notification from Madcatz for my TE2+, and I'm in New Jersey. I actually only ordered it a week ago, so I'm not really sure what's going on, but my tracking number says FedEx already has it and it should be here by Tuesday.

Dremark

Banned
Thank you for the info. Will the hrap4 you mentioned also work with PS3 if I wanted to download older games off of pan? Will it also work with PC?

You can switch it to a PS3 compatible mode and use it without issue.

It should work on OC as well but you might need to use software to get it to work. I haven't tried it myself but it should.

vg260

Yeah, I posted earlier in the thread that I got a shipment notification from Madcatz for my TE2+, and I'm in New Jersey. I actually only ordered it a week ago, so I'm not really sure what's going on, but my tracking number says FedEx already has it and it should be here by Tuesday.

I got a TES+ shipping notification on Wednesday with an expected delivery day of Tuesday, but there's no movement yet, so it looks like it's just sitting with FedEx or being held back so that it's timed to arrive on Tuesday and not earlier. If it shipped Wed and was moving I should get it before Tuesday, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

DD-11

Spoke with Amazon.ca, and was told my order, purchased on Dec 3, will ship on Feb 16th, and arrive on or before Feb 20th. I can live with that.

SHarris78

Kinda worried, I ordered a TE2+ off Shopto a couple of weeks ago. Was charged for it earlier today. Was due for delivery on Monday, but as i'm off work on Tuesday I used the DPD website and changed my delivery day to Tuesday. Had confirmation of this request from Shopto, then a little later received from them the following email:

Street Fighter V Arcade Fightstick TE2 1 £189.85
TNT "24h Delivery within UK" Excl. Chan. Islands "Monday to Friday" 1 FREE

DPD DPD " Next Business Day" Delivery 9am to 6pm Mainland 1 FREE

Sub Total: £379.7
Shipping: FREE

ORDER TOTAL: £189.85

Am I getting one stick for £189.95 (what I want), two sticks for £379.70 (definitely don't want!) or two sticks for £189.95 (which would be nice of them!).

Kinda worried, I ordered a TE2+ off Shopto a couple of weeks ago. Was charged for it earlier today. Was due for delivery on Monday, but as i'm off work on Tuesday I used the DPD website and changed my delivery day to Tuesday. Had confirmation of this request from Shopto, then a little later received from them the following email:

TNT "24h Delivery within UK" Excl. Chan. Islands "Monday to Friday" 1 FREE

DPD DPD " Next Business Day" Delivery 9am to 6pm Mainland 1 FREE

Sub Total: £379.7
Shipping: FREE

ORDER TOTAL: £189.85

Am I getting one stick for £189.95 (what I want), two sticks for £379.70 (definitely don't want!) or two sticks for £189.95 (which would be nice of them!).

Just look at what you are being charged. Check your balance. Your most likely just getting the one stick and they are just updating the info, but if you do happen to get two....hit me up plz fam I'm sure we could work out a deal lol

But if they charge you for two and you do get two definitely talk to them about returning one and getting that refund. I doubt that will happen though

paolo11

Hmm. He plays d-pad with his thumb joint. I use the top of the thumb - I wonder if it makes a perception difference. I have the Hori and it is not bad, but there's still room for improvement. Just not sure about this one.

I have it before(Madcatz Fightpad pro) and I agree on what he says. It's a love it or hate it dpad.

It would be cool if MadCatz revise that dpad with the cross dpad like their previous fightpads. My opinion of course.

Paz

I contacted Amazon.com about my order and they upgraded my order to One day shipping. Should arrive on the 16th.

I contacted them and they told me it doesn't come out until the 16th and might ship on the 17th and that's just how it is.

Good times. Really unimpressed, and since I'm in Australia I can add 2-3 weeks for delivery on top of that (Unless I wanna pay absurd amounts of money).

Madcatz really messed this whole thing up.

ZeroX03

Banned
If Madcatz lowered the price tag and incorporated an actual dpad I'd be all over it. Guess I'll stay with the Hori and my fight sticks.

I feel like that's just uninformed talk from a CSR.
I really hope that I'm wrong tho...

MarkMan confirmed in this thread a while back that they sent sticks to Amazon this week to fulfill their demand of pre-orders. We should be getting our sticks on time (pending how fast Amazon is at receiving and fulfilling orders and of course postal service speed and shipping speed the person chose). Search markman's post history

MarkMan confirmed in this thread a while back that they sent all pre-orders of sticks to Amazon this week to fulfill their demand of pre-ordrs. Should be getting their sticks on time (pending how fast Amazon is at receiving the product and fulfilling orders).

Ah but he didn't say which Amazon. I even asked if that included .ca and he didn't respond (must have seen it as his next response was only a couple of posts down from mine).

Top Bottom