• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Chucker

Anybody get their stick from GS yet? It sounds like my store might have. I paid it off and he said he has 80 boxes and he'd have to open each one (while looking at his terminal) to see if it was there.

From anybody that works(Ed) at GS does that mean boxes on hand, or boxes being shipped.

Simo

.com with Prime 2 day shipping. I ordered Dec 3rd.

Ah cool. Surprised you wouldn't get it Monday given Amazon.com delivers on Sunday unless in this case they're not considering that as a transit day or it's a UPS delivery?

My .com order still hasn't updated though.

amazon.ca

Estimated arrival date: February 26, 2016 - March 07, 2016

Still waiting on an update on the second stick.

My order page still says

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

But they e-mailed me a confirmation date of delivery by Feb 16.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Is the red on the Alpha a good match for Seimitsu red?
I will buy some Seimitsu PS-15 buttons for it and would rather not buy another balltop unless necessary.

I will most likely upgrade the stick to a JLF further down the line too.

paolo11

It's a good thing Amazon is updating Madcatz orders. Hopefully it will fullfill all preorders instead of waiting till March.

Amazon.ca also has an est. arrival date for mine as well, so that is nice.

Went through several iterations trying to decide what I wanted for my TE2+ artwork. Up until now my sticks have always been Noel Vermillion themed, but decided for something different.
Was originally gonna just be black, white, and gray, but then I remembered the default border is red so I decided to work with that. Also blatantly stole ideas from other fight sticks, lol

I think something like this will work.
not sure if I wanna keep the Zaku eye or not...
Edit: Actually now I'm considering removing Sazabi altogether and leaving the rest, lol
Love the design man, and I think you should leave the name IMO

MutFox

Banned
Regarding the Fighting Commander 4 with rotating pad, anyone tried to open the case to "fix" it so it no longer rotates ?

Hope someone posts a way to stop the rotation.
I'd love to fix mine as I love the pad.

The rotation is a really unnecessary addition.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats the word on the fightpads working on pc?

Crimefighter

Neo Member
Sorry i'm late to this party but just wondering, do we know these mad catz sticks will work on the PC? I want a TE2 and it would be nice for it to work on PS4, but i'm a PC player first so i need it to work there... do we know?

My research hasn't turned up much... :|

Rean

I still wanna try out the fightpad for myself. I've heard mixed impressions on the dpad, but I think I could adjust to it and it'll be fine.

Koeta

Sorry i'm late to this party but just wondering, do we know these mad catz sticks will work on the PC? I want a TE2 and it would be nice for it to work on PS4, but i'm a PC player first so i need it to work there... do we know?

My research hasn't turned up much... :|

To my understanding yes TE2 works on PC but it is Direct Input (like PS4 controller) and SF5 is launching with Xinput support only at first, they said they are going to patch Direct input in later, and Mad Catz also said they were working on a firmware update for Xinput support also.

You can use a program to convert Direct input to Xinput though I'm not sure what any of them are.

Random thought though, since SF5 is launching with PS3 controller support on day 1, if you switch it to PS3 mode it might work on PC without any converting?

My TE2+ shipped from Amazon.com today. I ordered on 12/03/15 with prime shipping. It'll be delivered on 2/16/16.

I'm stoked and have a octagon restrictor ready to go.

C-Sword

Hmm I just looked at the Fighting Commander. Is the d-pad that much better than say DS4? It doesn't look comfortable.

The one without the rotating Dpad is much better than the DS4, OverDrives come out more often when playing GG Xrd, it also works great with KOF XIII. I hate the DS4 with passion and will never use it for fighters ever again.

Hyun Sai

Does this controller have the additional L2 and R2 buttons? I'm looking the preview picture and it only shows the front L1 and R1.

It does. Here is a good review of it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIHD1BFpntg

-------------------------------------------
Well, anyway, I got it covered. I already got the FG4 with rotating, and I ordered the non rotating one to have extra pad when friends come home. I will try the glue thing when I receive the other one, just in case ^^.

The sad thing is that both costed me only a few dollar more than a single Madcatz one.

Linkhero1

To my understanding yes TE2 works on PC but it is Direct Input (like PS4 controller) and SF5 is launching with Xinput support only at first, they said they are going to patch Direct input in later, and Mad Catz also said they were working on a firmware update for Xinput support also.

You can use a program to convert Direct input to Xinput though I'm not sure what any of them are.

Random thought though, since SF5 is launching with PS3 controller support on day 1, if you switch it to PS3 mode it might work on PC without any converting?
Is this wishful thinking or has MadCatz stated that a firmware update is in the works? My understanding is that Capcom is supposed to update the game to support dinput or something along those lines.

Anybody get their stick from GS yet? It sounds like my store might have. I paid it off and he said he has 80 boxes and he'd have to open each one (while looking at his terminal) to see if it was there.

From anybody that works(Ed) at GS does that mean boxes on hand, or boxes being shipped.

Sounds like I will be getting mine Monday from my local store.

Elbereth

So, it looks like both my copies of SFV (Collectors and Standard Edition) are both delayed from Amazon...:( Anyone else get that email?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Wait does this mean a normal ps4 pad wont work on sf5 day 1? Im confused

Elbereth

Me too. Guess I'll be buying mine locally.

It's hard to believe that Amazon of all places are having trouble with this... I would imagine that the problem is probably upstream somewhere on the logistics side of things:( I hope the delay isn't too long.

Koeta

Wait does this mean a normal ps4 pad wont work on sf5 day 1? Im confused

On PC you might need to use a Dinput to Xinput program if you are using anything PS4 related on day 1 maybe... Both Mad Catz and Capcom have stated they are working on proper support but no dates have been announced.

I don't know myself which Programs to use for this, does anyone have any suggestions?

snack

TE2 plus stick - Amazon.ca order, ordered on December 3rd. Got an Estimated arrival date: February 24, 2016 - February 25, 2016

Rhaknar

On PC you might need to use a Dinput to Xinput program if you are using anything PS4 related on day 1 maybe... Both Mad Catz and Capcom have stated they are working on proper support but no dates have been announced.

I don't know myself which Programs to use for this, does anyone have any suggestions?

Im a dumbdumb so I dont even know what this means :/

Koeta

Im a dumbdumb so I dont even know what this means :/

Well the way I understand it is Xinput is a standard these days for most pc games, Direct Input though is an older style for devices on a PC, and isn't supported as well these days.

For whatever reason Sony went with Direct Input on it's controller and has yet to release a driver for PC I believe? so most games don't support it like a 360 (or Xbone) controller.

To be honest I haven't researched this much myself, since for most PC games I just use my old 360 controller, but with the TE2+ coming soon I'm going to have to look more into this.

Top Bottom