• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

RedAssedApe

Banned
$80 for this Alpha Stick is lunacy. I've used PS2 and DC sticks with superior build quality for less than this. It's like everything I wanted from SFV has turned into a sham! Can't really recommend it sadly.

yeah mines going back today. two days of playing and one of the buttons is already jamming up. da fuq? lol

can't decide if i'm going to go for the hrap4 or fc4. i'm pretty much 50/50 on pad v. stick. i prefer pad as i feel that its easier to get the motions out consistently on both sides (on stick i kind of have issues doing srk motions on p1 side) but pad is annoying when using characters that require ppp or kkk. so i prefer stick for that.

what are your guys thoughts about the latter? is it easy to use the triggers on the fc4? i plan on trying to main dhalsim and being able to do the tiger knee teleports seem even more important due to his redesign

Finally got my TE2+. I gotta say I expected more...I don't really like the feeling of the buttons. I guess I prefer more "clicky" ones, if that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good stick but for that price I guess I expected more. I'm still getting used to it and learning how to use it in SFV has been fun so far.

Hope I get better quickly!

Anyone preorder a te2+ from newegg? Says it's supposed to ship 2/28, hope that is the case.

Also does newegg charge hour card immediately or when it ships?

Resilient

Finally got my TE2+. I gotta say I expected more...I don't really like the feeling of the buttons. I guess I prefer more "clicky" ones, if that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good stick but for that price I guess I expected more. I'm still getting used to it and learning how to use it in SFV has been fun so far.

You can buy clicking buttons that you like and put them in. But as for anything in this world, you should always try those before you buy them. youre using SANWA buttons and in a game like SF..you don't wanna clucky buttons that have a slower response. You're using arguably highest quality parts Right now.

I think I'm gonna join the FC4 train.

I'm a dirty newb who doesn't want to spend a lot so this looks perfect for me.

Hopefully it improves my game, I need all the help I can get!

Relique

Hi guys, I'm a fighting noob who is interested in getting a stick and making a serious effort towards learning how to play fighting games.

Could you guys recommend which of the following two would be a better option?

https://m.mightyape.com.au/product/Mad-Catz-Arcade-Fight-Stick-for-PS4PS3-PS4/23000717

https://m.mightyape.com.au/product/...-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-S-PS4/24362575

There is a newer revision of the first stick (TE+) that adds a touchpad and some other small improvements like better art cover. However that one is more expensive.

The second stick has the same internal components and touchpad as the revised TE+. It comes in a smaller/lighter form factor that many people prefer.

Personally, I'd go with the second stick. I feel like the TE and TE+ are a little bit too big even for a big guy like me. The second stick is also newest revision and has all the features for next gen platforms. Touchpad can be used in cool ways and in some fighting games can allow you to control which side you are on in training mode, among other things. There are other options than those two, but I don't know what's available to you in Australia.

ShadyJ

There is a newer revision of the first stick (TE+) that adds a touchpad and some other small improvements like better art cover. However that one is more expensive.

The second stick has the same internal components and touchpad as the revised TE+. It comes in a smaller/lighter form factor that many people prefer.

Personally, I'd go with the second stick. I feel like the TE and TE+ are a little bit too big even for a big guy like me. The second stick is also newest revision and has all the features for next gen platforms. Touchpad can be used in cool ways and in some fighting games can allow you to control which side you are on in training mode, among other things. There are other options than those two, but I don't know what's available to you in Australia.

Cool, thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately, it's pretty slim pickings in Oz. Besides those, there's the new Mad Catz one with Ryu on it, which I presume is the revised TE+, the entry level Mad Catz SFV stick and some dodgy looking one they sell at EB Games which I've heard is a pile of crap.

I would get a Hori from amazon, those prices are ridiculous.

Is that relative to US or Australian prices? Everything costs an arm and a leg here.

Bubba77

I have a TES ordered at Madcatz and Newegg. Lets see which comes first.... Theres also a gamestop telling me if the dude who pre-ordered doesnt show up by tomorrow then I can buy his stick. Im not above doing that! I refuse to even start this game without access to a stick..

Peltz

The TE2+ still creaks, just like all the old models. It's pretty shitty for such an expensive product.

Eh... so finally got home to try it. It doesn't creak during gameplay, but does creak slightly when moving it (e.g. picking it up and putting it down).

It's a good stick though. I'm happy with my purchase overall.

Xerotwo

Is there a way to make the FC4 work on the PC version? SCP didn't do the trick :(

Edit: Found the X360 guide a couple pages back, and it works!

JJD

Is the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3 Mad Catz fightpad compatible with this game on PS4?

Anyone knows?

They are. My first gen SFIV Fightpad worked...kinda. After some time of playing it will disconnect. I don't know if this is an issue with the pad (haven't used it in a long, long time) or a bug in the implementation of legacy controllers.

Anyway, you should have no trouble getting the pad recognized by the PS4.

Mine works

They are. My first gen SFIV Fightpad worked...kinda. After some time of playing it will disconnect. I don't know if this is an issue with the pad (haven't used it in a long, long time) or a bug in the implementation of legacy controllers.

Anyway, you should have no trouble getting the pad recognized by the PS4.

Awesome, thanks guys. I will look for that fightpad.

ShadyJ

I'd go the fight commander to be honest if you don't buy a stick.

Shoryuken forums have nothing but praise for fight commander.

coughlanio

Been using the Qanba Q4 RAF 3-in-1. Disappointed it doesn't work out of the box, but a quick fix with x360ce does the job. It's strange that some xinput controllers don't work natively.

Dremark

Banned

I'd recommend popping in some Seimitsu PS-14-G buttons in if you're not happy with the Sanwa buttons. They have a really responsive and satisfying press.

That being said, I will basically reiterate what the other poster said, the included Sanwa buttons are high quality and they are considered the gold standard so I would try them and see if your opinion changes after you use them a bit.

If you want to go with something else (and I won't blame you Sanwa is good but it's not my preference) it's not difficult or expensive to swap the buttons out. Just look for the part you press in on the ends of the wires that go into the buttons.

Dremark

Banned
Hi guys, I'm a fighting noob who is interested in getting a stick and making a serious effort towards learning how to play fighting games.

Could you guys recommend which of the following two would be a better option?

https://m.mightyape.com.au/product/Mad-Catz-Arcade-Fight-Stick-for-PS4PS3-PS4/23000717

https://m.mightyape.com.au/product/...-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-S-PS4/24362575

They are largely the same stick but the first is easier to customize and the second has a touch pad and some extra buttons.

I would go for the second one, particularly if you're leaving it stock. I am not sure why it's more expensive though. I don't know much about the video game market in Australia (Other than that you guys get hosed on just about everything, my condolences) but I am pretty sure those two sticks cost the same in the US.

I would shop around and see if you can find a better price. Also maybe consider the TE2+ if it's in your price range and you think you're going to open it up a lot.

Dremark

Banned
I was surprised how big the TE2+ was compared to the HRAP4. Definitely enjoy the Sanwa buttons more than the Kuros.

Yeah I don't think the Kuros were bad but I definitely like the Seimitsu and Sanwa buttons a lot more. I did notice after I swapped the ones on my HRAP out the ones that got more use in Xrd had worn considerably and comparing them to stock Seimitsu parts was like a night and day comparison.

Anyway anyone who has those buttons may want to swap them out sooner than later or at least keep a close eye on them as they seem way less durable than buttons from the other manufacturers.

- Buttons felt slightly too soft although I might have been just wrongly remembering how they were in my previous stick that I owned back in the SSF4 days.
- The top plate seems a little less durable than the old SSF4 stick I had. The plastic kinda squeaks and gives away if you press the top along the sides of the plate. Maybe this is because the TE2+ is more hollow(?) and the fact that you can open the top with the press of a button makes it less sturdy?

So all in all, it feels like a premium product with the best parts you can get, Sanwa (right?).

The buttons should be exactly the same as your old stick if I read between the lines properly that you had a TE.

I actually had custom art for my stick and due to the suggestion of the person who did the art I swapped the top plexi out almost immediately with one from art's hobbys. If you don't like the one on top maybe replace it. As far as sturdiness goes maybe tighten the screws for the bezel, I haven't noticed anything like that myself but I modded it almost immediately and rescrewed all that stuff in tightly.

Sanwa buttons are considered the standard but I don't think there's anything that inherently makes them better than Seimitsu, they are definitely high quality but I think it's really a matter of preference.

My TE2+ arrived from Amazon.ca.

I'll wait a bit to give a proper review. But off the bat some things feel super high quality and other things do not. I'm not sure about some of the design choices.

Can anyone confirm that there is only 90 day limited warranty on the TE2+?

I read the little booklet that comes with it and it says limited 90 day warranty. For a $350 product noone else has mentioned this, wanna make sure I got this right. I believe other TE2s have 2 years. If my info is correct that is concerning.

Dremark

Banned
My TE2+ arrived from Amazon.ca.

I'll wait a bit to give a proper review. But off the bat some things feel super high quality and other things do not. I'm not sure about some of the design choices.

Can anyone confirm that there is only 90 day limited warranty on the TE2+?

I read the little booklet that comes with it and it says limited 90 day warranty. For a $350 product noone else has mentioned this, wanna make sure I got this right. I believe other TE2s have 2 years. If my info is correct that is concerning.

I took a quick look on Google and found a Reddit post by MarkMan23 in regards to this:

"For licensed products in North America, the warranty is 90 days (due to license obligations with both Sony/Capcom).

In Europe, by law, the warranty period is 2 years.

However, in any instance I want you to know that we support our products and will support it as long as we still make it/have parts for it. You can always contact our support team at support.madcatz.com. It's always good to have proof of purchase too (as our team always asks for it)."

So it depends where you are located but they'll probably try to take care of you regardless.

melchior_

The Fightpad Pro V is definitely garbage. Mine seems to have trouble registering any down left motions. Thought maybe it just needed some breaking in but after 2 days it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Ugh. 60 bucks wasted.

Welp, least I still have the FC4 to fall back on. I really like that chun li finish on the Fightpad pro v though :/

Chittagong

Gold Member
One more pic of my setup, had a cheeky session of SFV on my lunch break

59pmU4R.jpg

What is the best way to grip a fight pad? I had a TE stick but on 360 and don't really know if I want to invest another 200 bucks on a stick. Do you just use your thumb over the 6 buttons and if so is it difficult to pull off ex moves reliably? Or is the best way to use your fingers the same way you would on a stick? Is there enough room for that method?

robotrock

Banned
damn i got to necalli on survival and then my controller died midway through the match i hate video games

edit: i meant to post that in the OT whoops.

Top Bottom